Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Dimitri ExZemos posted:

As an update to my previous post regarding ordering chairs in bulk, I received an initial quote from the first vendor for NEW fully loaded chairs. Cost per chair would be $755.21 and would include shipping to any location in the US.

Unfortunately, for the NEW chairs, the bulk discount wouldn't apply without ordering at least 100ish chairs.

just to be clear, the $755 is with the bulk discount? $45 off seems pretty meh

also there are a couple of office furniture stores in the city I live in that have online stock of used chairs, upon calling 2 of them both said their sites aren't really updated so they probably didn't have any of that inventory in-stock anymore

thanks for taking the time to photograph and categorize all that stuff I can't buy...

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

mindphlux posted:

well drat, I guess I better look into that - I live in Atlanta. I guess I was worried about like 'fakes', but I think a Herman Miller chair would be pretty tough to fake... without being obvious or something.

I can get you an Imbody by Howard Miller for only $250, send me a pm

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
not sure how it's a waste of time since this whole thread is basically about getting a good deal on the handful of quality chair designs that are out there; this site http://grshop.com/herman-miller-embody-chair-build-your-own.html has them for $1100 shipped

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
so you buy one race car chair and one ergonomic chair; problem solved

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Jack Forge posted:

At least one notable steamer does not like his and does not recommend it, he's also looking to replace it.

by "looking to replace it" do you mean he's waiting for someone to send him a different free chair

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
after being frozen with indecision for a long time I finally bit the bullet and bought an "open box" leap V2 from madison seating on ebay for $377. it arrived today and is in excellent shape, very solidly built with nice upholstery. not the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in but a massive upgrade over my wobbly $150 chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
I bought a madison seating v2 a couple of years ago; it was quite wobbly and I ended up returning it

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 20, 2021