Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

well why not posted:

Reddit doesn't even like them that much. They have an /r/ which is company-run and has no 'controversial' option, which says a lot. You can still view controversial posts here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dxracer/controversial/?sort=controversial&t=all

https://www.reddit.com/r/dxracer/comments/4pm2pd/appearance_of_dxracer_chair_after_using_it_for_25/

I've mentioned it a few times in this thread. They're a neat looking gimmick. Racecar seats aren't even designed to be comfortable - they're for safety, so you don't die in a horrible crash. That's less likely when you're playing Stardew Valley at your desk. Comfortable car-style seats would be like that from a Bentley. Bucket seats are awful to sit in compared to a properly designed office chair.

DXRACER gives the chairs out to streamers and youtube people for visibility, that's why they're so popular. They're seemingly made of bargain-basement materials. Just don't get one.

What gets me are the huge bolsters; Recaro and other racing seats have those to hold your rear end in place while taking corners. I personally think they look cool, but I wouldn't trust a polyurethane chair; there has to be a reason why DXRacer and other chairs are so cheap even after the 1337 G@/\/\3r markup.

E: The major complaints for DXRacer in particular are that while the seats themselves are decent enough, the other hardware is utter crap. Failing gas lifts, breaking armrests, crap tilt mechanisms, things going majorly wrong within months of purchase. Yes, I did want one for about 4 days, but there was that, and the fact that most of the non-fat person chairs are designed for people 5'8" and shorter. :colbert:

Does anyone have experience with the Steelcase Gesture with Headrest? It looks amazing, but it's quite expensive, even if I can write it off.

Also, until I can justify the Steelcase, how well does the leather on the Ikea Markus hold up? Is fabric a better option?

Sunshine89 fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU