Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotbod Handsomeface
Dec 28, 2009
I am 6'8 and 300 lbs. I think a little long in the torso. I am not working from home, and aside from that I would normally spend a few hours a day on my computer. I currently just have some basic chair that I got from Costco and I am just not comfortable for long periods of time in this, frankly I've sat in chair that were at my office and those were better. I did a little cursory research and saw that I am almost on the size chart for the Herman Miller Aeron size C. Are there any other chairs that I should be looking at? Ideally I would like to just buy a chair and be happy with it for years. I would like to have something that would last and not just make me miserable after a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotbod Handsomeface
Dec 28, 2009
Sorry, I guess I could have elaborated on what ailed me. I think that the seat of my current chair is too narrow and my butt/the back of my thighs get uncomfortable. I would also like some more adjustable back options so that I can adjust to my back. I am not sure if I would need extra height adjustment more so than the better chair structure. I currently have my chair adjusted lower to fit under my desk right now and I just regularly stretch my legs. I end up uncomfortable and squirm around into bad seating positions over time to relieve pressure on my butt/rear thighs.

My next project for this desk is adjustable/taller legs though since I just messed around with raising my chair and liked it. So I am not super concerned about the chair height because I think that I can get taller casters or figure something else out if needed to make the while chair feel higher. I will look to see if I have open stores around me though.