Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I bought a Maingear chair for mainly internet and games, but lately I’ve been feeling discomfort in my lower back so I think it’s time to get a new one.

I’m willing to throw down the money for a new chair, what’s a good one for the internet/games lifestyle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks! I needed a list of recommendations, and I wasn’t sure if the OP was up to date, so thanks for posting that list

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I did some digging and my work actually gives a discount on Steelcase chairs.

I’m thinking about getting a Steelcase Gesture chair with a headrest. Anyone sat in one of those, and if so how was the headrest?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I've been using the Steelcase Gesture, and for the most part I love it. Don't have any lower back problems compared to the old chair. But now my tail bone starts to get sore after sitting in it for a long time. Is that just how it's going to be on the Gesture, or am I somehow sitting on it wrong and need to adjust something like the height?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I've been using this Steelcase Gesture for about a year now and...

I'm not sure if I like it. No matter how hard I try to find the right position or adjust the seat, I can't sit comfortably on it for an extended period of time without my tailbone feeling sore.

I'm not sure what else to do but call it quits and see if I can get a new chair. My desk it at a height such that for my arms to comfortably rest on it the chair needs to be at a height where my feet can't reach the floor. I've been using a box as a sort of foot rest. Should I try adjusting it some more? If not, what would be a replacement chair for someone not satisfied by the Gesture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

My room needs to be economic with space (54-55 in width with some shelves) and I have an IKEA Fredde desk that I like, so I’m hesitant to replace my desk. Maybe getting an actual leg/foot rest might work

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 14, 2022