Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My Staples chair literally fell apart under me today, so I need a new chair pronto as I'm now using an even shittier office chair I had in the basement. I found a used Aeron (size B) on Craigslist for $220. The guy said his uncle bought it about ten years ago. It looks good from the pictures, except the armrests are a little nasty so I might put something over them. What's good to look out for when buying a used Aeron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Moey posted:

Finding something other than an Aeron is on the top of the list.

They were highly recommended in this thread until goons turned on them a few pages ago. But a friend recommended a furniture liquidator that has a showroom about a half hour from me, so I'm going to go there tomorrow and compared the Aeron, Leap, and a few others. The Leaps there are $250-350 used, which sounds like a good deal.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I bought an Ikea Markus. I tried it out in store and loved it, but when I got home, it sits a little higher than I'm used to even at the lowest setting. Maybe it's a good thing and I've had lovely posture in Staples bargain chairs for years, but we'll see. It's definitely super comfortable to lean back in; I can't imagine how comfortable a higher end chair like a Leap or Mirra-2 or DXRacer would feel, but this is what I can afford right now.

I don't think I can bring myself to buy a used chair. Something about it feels wrong.