Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

I just ponied up for a Gesture direct from Steelcase too, I think the warranty coverage will be worth it in the long run. But then my regional used warehouse was only like $350 less, and craigslist here is pathetic.

How long did it take you to get yours shipped? Their COVID-19 notice has me worried about it getting here in a reasonable time (i.e. now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

Well poo poo. That's discouraging. Thanks though, I'll let you know if I can get them moving.

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

Sininu posted:

It will take about a month to get a customized chair from Steelcase in non-corona times. It comes directly from the factory.
Maybe it's a bit different in murica though.

I just got word from them that it will be here next week theoretically. So a roundtime of 11 days if they make the date. Way better than I expected.

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

If you have enough lip to hook it to you might have luck getting it started with a gear puller. Be careful with penetrating oils on plastic though, I've had it go poorly in the past. Good luck!

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

I got my Gesture last week, I think it was about a 18 day roundtime. Also know that it comes assembled in a bigass box.

Initial impressions are really good. It's a solidly built deal with apparently good materials. I love the adjustment knobs and arm articulation. The seat is pretty firm, but it maintains more padding / compresses less over long sessions than other chairs in my experience.

My only beef is that the minimum height is just a hair too tall for me. I do have short shins though, and it's only about half an inch off or so.

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, I really do. The struggle is real.

I am usually with you on the lumbar support situation, but I like it on the gesture. It is nice with the way it means back.

On the mat situation, what about getting a decent looking remnant of linoleum and sticking it up to a sheet of Luan? You can cut all of that with a razor knife to custom fit it too if you like. Around here at least, I'd think you could get a 4x4 ft mat like that done for less than 40 bucks, tools and all.

I've never had one of the plastic mats last any amount of time looking good or staying flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostEnder
Jul 3, 2012

I might replace them eventually, but I like the ones on it well enough. If they wear down it'll be a prime choice though. Thanks!