Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

We have Aerons (or potentially knockoff Aerons? A chair expert I am not) in the conference rooms at work, and maybe it changes if you're in them for hours at a time, but I have to say I've never found them particularly comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Are you over 20? (Legit question here but don't answer, just a factor in the dynamic.) If'n you're buying this chair with your own money just tell him to gently caress off (by which I mean buy a new chair without telling him), if he worked hard to earn the money to buy the chair there already than you worked to buy the chair you want.

Obviously I don't know your situation or your parents, but I do have a cheap as hell Staples chair and its not functional as a full workday chair, you deserve better. If its not going to result in your homelessness maybe play up the 'they make better chairs these days' angle.

I've got parents on the far edge of the boomer cohort who 'back in my day' every now and then, but 'your day sucked' tends to work if I'm paying for something myself, but they're pretty easy going folks on the whole so I can't promise success.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

E: wrong thread

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Is it possible to get a chair that's like, a memory foam bed, but chair shaped? Google is telling me no, but I want to believe.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Relatedly, if I'm looking for more of a lounging / gaming chair that fits at a desk rather than a dedicated task chair (though it will be used for task-ing at times), does that change people's chair recommendations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Lemme know when you get that working, that's basically my dream setup.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Any recommendations for cushions to put on a chair? I've got a lovely staples special I bought years ago but COVID makes shopping for a replacement difficult. My posture is nothing short of horrific so I don't terribly care about ergo, I just want my seat to more comfortable than a board.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

Wierd that they'd put the gaming version on sale but not the normal version. The difference is a logitech logo.

Perhaps it didn't sell.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Ffycchi posted:

True I just have never nixed a thread here. If a mod wants to pm me I'll go ahead and make a new thread after this one is gassed.

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

And I here I thought I was too old for love at first sight.