Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I’m looking for chair advice, centered around some poo poo I’ve figured out about my body. A year ago I was getting leg and foot nerve pain, and I think I tracked it back to piriformis issues and stretching has it mostly in check. I got work to buy me a leap (after testing steelcase and Herman Miller chairs for a half hour) and discovered it really brought the pain after several hours (back felt great though!). Went back to the conference chair which was not bad that I had switched out from the original standard chair. Main difference between one that worked and those that don’t is seat pan tilt - I need a flat chair with lots of padding, with the front not angled up. Aeron doesn’t work since it cuts into the side of my thighs. Also 6’3” and wide in shoulders and legs/hip. Got some anterior posterior tilt going too. $400 plus - anybody in the ballpark of this have a chair they like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Zarin posted:

Just to clarify: you want the seat pan to NOT tilt when you lean back?

Sorry, what I meant was chairs with the front end of the seat slightly higher than the back don't work for me, they end up putting more pressure on my butt and loving with my nerves, and it feels like it contributes to anterior pelvic tilt because you're being very slightly jackknifed into the seat, what with your legs a little higher and your butt a little lower. Also not a fan of having a depression in the center of the seat with the sides slightly higher to "cradle" you because I'm rather wide and that just adds pressure to the sides of my legs (similar to Aeron's cutting into my thighs - damnit Aeron, you're so good otherwise). The image I've uploaded should make it more clear. Flat, padded seat like the white one on the left, not ones with front seat higher than back or cradling like the two on the right.

Only registered members can see post attachments!