Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Had an Aeron in the home office for about three months now and I love it.

I feel like I could use a good ergonomic footrest too.

Any recommendations? Willing to spend up to 50 or 60 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

feld posted:

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but those Herman Miller Aerons have 12 year warranties. We have a ton of them in the office that a customer gave us to pay off a debt and when anything breaks we just contact them and they send us a replacement part or have us send in half the drat chair for refurb work. I think they even pay shipping.

If I was buying a used one the first thing I'd do is get the serial number and look it up to see if it's still in warranty and how long. If there are issues -- who cares -- you can just get it fixed drat near free.

This is how I realized the Aeron was worth buying for me. I looked back and realized that I would spend $150 on a new crappy chair at Office Depot every 2 years since the cushion would go limp.

Over 12 years that's 6 $150 chairs I'd be buying for a total of $900, or one $750 chair that feels better to boot.