Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Found a local outlet in Brooklyn selling Herman Miller chairs. Got a mint condition Embody for $600 on the advice of this thread. They also had Aeron’s and Mirras but I found the Embody more comfy.

I’ll miss having a headrest but I guess a healthier better posture is more important than leaning back. I’ve already had neck surgery for herniated discs which I’m sure is in no small part due to bad sitting posture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait what outlet is this because I desperately need a new chair but the usual online suspects are strangely terrible for NYC it seems?

Design Within Reach in Industry City.
I took the newest looking gray Embody, the rest looked good too, they just need a bit of cleaning with a damp cloth from being stored for a while. All of them seemed functionally perfect and I didn’t notice any obvious blemishes. I wanted the blue/black one but my wife vetoed it. They had two shades of blue, another gray, and a black. All of them for $599.

They also have a ton of Aerons and Mirras and other types but those were not priced so aggressively. I don’t understand why the price the Aerons only $100 lower than the Embody, I suppose they sell those more because of name recognition.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I mean if you can get a good quality one for half the price then do that, otherwise there is no problem getting it new. It’s worth it. I was lucky I found a mint condition one for half the price but if I hadn’t I would have paid full price without regrets.