Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
For those who got the Steelcase Gestures I'd love to hear your thoughts after a couple of weeks of use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

ratbert90 posted:

Trip report with the gesture:

First impressions with the chair are really positive! The chair is insanely overbuilt, and heavy. The casters are amazingly smooth, the chair is gorgeous, and the build quality is fantastic (I expect that out of a chair with a 12 year warranty.)

The back is... interesting to say the least. The entire back seems to pivot a good 15 - 20 degrees in all directions and hugs your back no matter what position you are in. This chair also has a insane amount of degrees it can recline if you so choose, more than any other chair I have ever owned.

The fabric is soft and not scratchy as well, and the foam is comfortable but doesn't sag. The arm rests are a bit tough to move, however once they are moving the movement is smooth and doesn't feel like it's not working in the way it was intended.

The entire chair has absolutely no creeks squeaks or any other noise when moving it around, and doesn't flex at all when shifting your body weight. It stays perfectly still and only the back moves with you. To say the least, I am very impressed with the chair so far.

Sitting in it for the last day has been great, I have sat in the leap v2 and now the gesture, and I would put the gesture at about a 20% improvement over the leap v2.

Hope that helps anybody who was looking at a gesture!

Thanks, it does help!