Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Does anyone have links to good sites discussing ideal computer ergonomics? I sit in a computer chair 12 hours a day working, and am starting to suffer from wrist/back strain. I want to start minimizing this as much as i can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Does anyone know of any good online retailres for ergonomic chairs in Canada? Local store here has the leaps for $899+Tax, but thats fairly pricey.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Anyone try the Raynor Ergohuman? It looks great and is priced reasonably, but I can't try one locally. The leather one is less than a base steelcase leap for me, and I need leather cause I have a cat. Leather addon for the Leap is another $500.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
How difficult would it be to reupholster a leap if I bought one?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Local steelcase retailer near me has stock models to let customers test drive for a few days before ordering :)

Also have Brisa leather options for only another $50 above normal BTO prices of cloth, so probably gonna go with that.

Still a bit torn between leap and think, as both were very comfy.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
On the same topic of computer ergonomics, does anyone have any recommendations for products to reduce wrist pain from typing / mousing?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Anyone have experience with MadisonSeating.com? They have pretty good deals and I want to make an order but wanna make sure they dont have some of the problems other sties have had since I'll be ordering from Canada.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

krooj posted:

I used one of these boards many years ago, and actually managed to wear it out. Keyboard layouts have never really made a difference in comfort for me, and at work I just use a Leopold mechanical. The only thing I've read on keyboards which intrigues me is variable weighted keys (keys which are further from centre take less force to engage), such as the Topre RealForce series. Unfortunately, I refuse to spend $300 on a keyboard.

If you're near a major city (To, Mtl, Van), I'd be patient and watch local CL/Kijiji. Even in Kitchener/Waterloo, I see private Aeron ads go up. And I don't know about you, but I'd feel safer buying from an original owner than a liquidator.

I live in halifax =/ Not a lot here, looked around.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

johnnyXcrane posted:

Is the Leap V2 really that good? It really looks like an cheap chair that you could get in every store.
I'm living in Germany and got no chance to sit in one. I just found some used Leap on Ebay for 357euro, and im thinking of just buying it.
Aerons are really expensive here, a new one costs like 1400euro. :(

I got one and love it. Look up a few reviews, it's definitely not the most fancy looking chair but the most comfortable one I tried.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Any thoughts on the Amia?

I live in Canada, so used ergonomic chairs are super hard to find.

I found this and talked him down to $500 CDN. Roughly $400ish american dollars.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-chair-recliner/city-of-halifax/black-leather-steelcase-amia-office-chair/1039166617

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

i've reached out to a few places and so far they say the chair is exclusive to office depot in north america, even though there's no office depots outside the USA. still waiting to hear from Grand & Toy, which doesn't list it on their site but could theoretically get it since their parent company is OD.

a canadian company with free and slow-as-hell shipping sells this similar raynor chair for $779, which is like the Enjoy, but with more aluminium stuff.

this Staples-branded, $599 chair also looks suspiciously Raynor, but lacks a headrest. actually, it looks like staples bought office depot like last week, heh.

which led me to this clearly not Raynor, but full mesh with headrest(which looks vaguely like the nGear CX9210A, itself a clone or off-branded Ergo-Tek Mesh Manager Chair) for ~$250 and available for pick up today, but goes on sale Wednesday for $164.

gently caress i'm so sorry i entered the hell world of weird regional exclusivity and off-branded stuff. i'm just gonna buy a dumb $164 chair and i was totally ready to pay ~$500.

sweet

Wait, why don't you just look for a used steelcase or something near you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

Fauxtool posted:

how do you guys feel about the DX Racer brand of chairs? Beyond the "gamer" price markup they seem like well built chairs with a lot of the features and aesthetics people want. I have been using mine for 8+ hours a day for the last 2 years with no real issues.

A lot of durability the issues I have read about seem to come from people buying the lowest price bottom of the line models and exceeding the weight limit.

They aren't adjustable, headrests are ergonomically a bad idea, and they are poorly made. Don't get one.