Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
With the new job I can probably afford to pick up a new chair soon and the leap looks like a winner. Time to start scouring craigslist, or maybe I'll try and find a new one.. Any good/cheap stores to check out in the bay area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

I am on the hunt this weekend for high back v1 leaps on craigslist. Got 2 leads so far for around $350, but I need a better chair badly as my current one has zero back support and I sit in it too much.

Hopefully I can snag a decent one.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

Found a decent deal on a v1 high-back black fabric leap at a local liquidator for 350. They had v2's as well but the v1 seemed a bit heavier/sturdier and the arms seemed a bit more comfortable/wider.

Driving it home 20 miles in the passenger seat of my miata with the top down was interesting.

Now I have a leap at home and at work, although mine is in better shape.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

I've got a really old Leap in my home office that is quite literally falling apart, so I'm in the market for a new chair. I think it's also one of the smaller models which might be too small for me. I use a leap at work that feels bigger and is more comfortable.

I'd like to stick with a high quality ergonomic chair, that can support both long work sessions and more casual lounging. I'm 5'11" and about 200-210.

Some features I'm looking for:
  • Tall back with neck support.
  • Comfortable arms, with lots of adjustability.
  • Ability to adjust the seat fairly high up. I have a standing desk and while I don't want a stool style chair, the ability to raise up a little higher than the leap would be nice.

Any recommendations? Seems like these executive versions of the ergonomic chairs are another 1k on top of the regular chairs. I'd like to buy new to get exactly what I want this time since this is an investment that I will use daily for a long time.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Humanscale Freedom Headrest

This could fit the bill perfectly, thanks! I found a reseller nearby that sells basically all the chairs so I'll be stopping by to check it out and compare with the new leap and embody.