Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Thanks Ants posted:

You can get 'stool' variants of lots of chairs, e.g. the Steelcase Gesture Stool, Herman Miller Mirra 2 Stool

You can also get 'stool' variants, which are the lookalikes at your local Staples for 150 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Seiyal posted:

As someone who's fed up with the chair from the kitchen table, has anyone heard anything about the HON brand of chairs?

I was recommended https://www.amazon.com/HON-Wave-Mid...23&sr=8-15&th=1 this particular chair and I've heard it's a mid-ground between basic office chairs and stuff like the Herman Miller brands. (but obviously don't know how accurate or not that is) I've had it with chairs that have no support so if this is a good option, I'll probably move on it.

HON is essentially the Amazon Basics of non poo poo office chairs, since actual Amazon Basics chairs are mostly actual poo poo. It's fine, but you lose a lot of the adjustability of higher end offerings, and getting said higher end offering used is still mostly the optimal budget choice.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I went with the other Autonomouse chair (the Kinn), andholy poo poo I have never had a chair that so consistently manages to actually be on my back, rather than have me leaning ever so slightly away from the back of the chair.

It's been a revelation in terms of support.

Unfortunately, I am less impressed with the butt seat portion; it's a little rigid for my tastes and I am contemplating a cushion.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Anyone have serious opinions re: footrests?

I’ve realized that I like reclining in my new actually good chair much more than I ever did in my many years of very lovely chairs. What I do not like is propping my feet on the wall or dangling in the air when I do so.

I want something like... 18 inches, (give or take?) Off the ground, on which to prop my feet. Anything especially great in this space?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FWIW, I have an Autonomous Kinn and like it quite a bit.

It's a very different sort of chair, and if your problem was a lack of cushion on the ergo, you might find this worse. (the seat has no cushion; it';s mesh covering a net of springs, which makes it fairly firm, but with a lot of bouncy give. I find it super supportive, without having the problems of, say, a hard uncushioned chair, but it definitely isn't cushy. It's on the "I don't care for this but it's not a dealbreaker con" list for a chair that I mainly like because it's back support is, IMO absolutely amazing for price.

Edit: lol, since last fall they appear to have 1) Rebranded it as the Ergochair Pro +, and 2) Raised the price by 300 dollars from what I paid. Never loving mind just get a loving steelcase/herman miller.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 27, 2021

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

prom candy posted:

I stupidly bought a Secretlab Omega chair after being suckered by reviews that are in hindsight just advertisements and it's like sitting on concrete. I'm sending it back. I've had a Markus for about 6 years and it's fine, but the padding has worn down on the seat. Does anyone have a recommendation for just a seat cushion I can throw on top of it to make it more comfortable?

Purple double cushion

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

prom candy posted:

These don't seem to be available in Canada :(

Idk about retail availability up there; I bought mine in the US from BB&B as noted; but they will ship directly to the frozen north. https://purple.com/ca/en/purple-double-seat-cushion/product/PURSCDB

Edit: Canada link.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 1, 2021

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
New Goonthrone dropped:

https://twitter.com/tim_stevens/status/1395447923463245824?s=21

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/penn-executive-chairs-genuine-leather-executive-chair-pnex1024.html

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fcc compliant bob posted:

Went to Office Depot looking for nothing spectacular. You know just a chair. That you work on. At work. All day.
And I'm seeing they're selling chairs by "sitting time". When did this become a thing? If I'm buying a chair, it better well let me sit in for however long I well and please. This seems like bs tactic as way to upsell the expensive chairs.

It's a rough measurement of durability. In much the same way as a car's warranty is often rated in Mileage as well as Years, so too is a good chair; "X hours of sit time per day, over 365 days per year" or whatever, represents the amount of wear tolerance you can expect within the number of years of the chairs warranty. It's not foolproof, but it's better than nothing for a way of telling you, as a customer, "this is how well built this chair is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Facebook Aunt posted:

It could have warranty implications. If your 4hr/day chair breaks in 6 months and you try to file a warranty claim and they ask how many hours you used it and you're like "8 hours a day because of loving covid" they could say oh you broke the terms and misused the chair so your warranty if void. "How could sitting in it an extra 4 hours a day make the back fall off?" "Void."

This however, is generally not true.