Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Thread, would you like a respite from the discussions involving 6'5 goon sirs weighing 300 lbs? (Absolutely no offense intended to such, but you do seem to be the majority, at least over the last few dozen pages!)

I am a smol boi at barely 5'4" (and about 140 lbs) and many chairs either don't go low enough for my feet to touch the floor, or are sufficiently deep that I must choose between back support or having circulation below the back of my knees.

Have made do with various mediocre office store or IKEA chairs (currently on a well made but badly sized FLINTAN) for the last few decades, but am now in a position to seriously invest in my desk-sitting. Among your Hermans Miller, Aerons, cases of steel, scaly humans and so on, which have models that might work for wee folk? I gotta bust out the measuring tape and hit the websites either way, but anecdata or general tips would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Facebook Aunt posted:

As a fellow shorty, you also have to consider the height of your desk. A low enough chair to have your feet flat on the floor can leave your desk at an awkward height. An alternative is to get a foot rest: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=foot+rest
I should have mentioned that my current chair does go this low, and I've got a sit/stand desk whose lowest point suffices (especially in those rare moments when I am not slouching somewhat). So the main improvement I'm looking for is the whole seat depth thing, and proper back support - as long as it doesn't then sacrifice the height thing.

I've used footrests at offices which have fixed, too-high desks and they work, but I'd rather avoid at home if possible.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Curious if the Embody gang has Fabric Opinions; I’m contemplating getting one & will be hoping the showrooms have the various options available, but showroom/salesperson isn’t the same as lived experiences. What feels good, looks good, cleans good (upthread goon’s hard water stain notwithstanding)?

It also sounds like at least a few folks have had success on hardwood floors with the HM “hard surfaces” upgrade casters, is that right? I’m aware of aftermarket rollerblade style, and also ran across this Enso brand of non-rollerblade (eg, https://ensomotion.com/castor-wheels/70-okina-mu/) but not sure if they’re well known.