Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I work from home two days a week, with 1-2 hour gaming sessions on not-those-days. My work chair is fine but I've been getting back pain at home. Blaming the crappy office depot chair seems easy enough.

How are those kneeling chairs? example. I used one as a kid and loved it, but in retrospect I probably could have been sitting on a concrete brick and been okay.

Alternatively, how is the Steelcase Drive? A local office supply wholesaler has a used one for $100 (is that a good price?) They have Leaps and Aerons, but since I'm not spending 40 hours a week in this chair I'm a little hesitant to spend more than a couple hundred.

EDIT: I haven't heard of Haworth. https://stlouis.craigslist.org/fuo/6013701803.html

Boxman fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I've played this game before in this thread but can someone glance at these chairs to see if it's worth a trip to give one of them a test sit?

Steelcase leap for $200

Ugly rear end Steelcase Leap for $100

Those seem comically inexpensive for chairs that come as highly recommended (and retail for as much) as Leaps do. Am I missing something that makes them this cheap besides "used?"

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Are....counterfeit chairs a thing? Because this seems good, if suspiciously cheap. It purports to be a leap, and it looks like a version 1, which seems fine for $100.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 3, 2018

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Arson Daily posted:

https://www.businessfurnitureshop.com/

These guys are pretty good. Idk how their prices compare but they were responsible dive and pretty fast at getting my mirra parts to me

This site is dead for me. :(

I'm actually looking for a replacement gas cylinder on my aging used Steelcase Leap V1. Any other ideas? I can go to amazon and type that in, but trusting their fulfillment process on something like my nice chair seems a bit questionable.

EDIT: by the way, I haven't posted in this thread since I bought this chair four years ago and was asking about the purchase. Thanks for the help, thread.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 9, 2022

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

I'm trying to replace the cylinder on my Leap V1 and its going lovely. I can't get the cylinder out of the seat or the base out of the...other base. I can't get the pipe wrench to bite at all, and I was whaling on the base with a hammer for 20 goddamned minutes. Everything stuck in there good.

I'm going to call around to local office dealers tomorrow to see if they have someone who can maybe give me a hand but otherwise I'm at a loss here.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 28, 2023