Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I ordered an embody from a certified dealer for 892 after taxes. Thanks for the advice of going to a certified dealer and asking for the small business discount from somebody in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Hamelekim posted:

Is this considered a chair and would it be worth buying? Because if it was $1000 or less I might consider it. Comes out later this year.

https://twitter.com/oscarcabot/status/1034851995792941056

Just lol if you think that will be under 1k

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

TheEye posted:

Gaming chair companies have done quite an amazing job partnering with a shitload of popular streamers. Impressionable young gamers who watch a lot of streams (i.e. all of them) see nothing but gaming chairs all day. I bet their sales numbers are better than ever.

I went to a design within reach to test out an embody before I bought blind and the salesperson asked if I was a gamer. According to her a lot of gamers go in to purchase that chair I was actually very surprised by that claim since like you said all the streamers are partnered with poo poo gaming chair companies.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Got my embody today and I am already in love. I think I may wheel it over to the TV to sit and watch TV in over my way to soft and needs to be replaced couch. Thanks again to whomever pointed out the small business discount you can get on these. Finally pushed me to pull the trigger.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Just buy the embody. Especially if work is giving you that 2k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Peachfart posted:

Just posting to say that 8 months later I still love my Embody and it blows my old hand me down Aeron out of the water.

i've had an embody for 7 years now. it's an extremely good chair.