Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

I use this footrest and I like it: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VPCMS6D

Also, I got a Steelcase Gesture this week, and... I'm leaning towards returning it. I assumed that the high weight limit meant that it was a good fatty chair, but the seat gets really uncomfortable after sitting in it for a couple hours and pokes in areas sometimes. And I really hate that you can't lock the arm pads from pivoting, so if I lean against it just a little bit, it'll pivot outwards and I have to shove it back into place. Also, their furthest position forward is still too far back - if I'm sitting straight up, I can only rest my elbows on them. It also feels like it's throwing me forward when I first sit down (I have to lean back to prevent that feeling), and there's no way to adjust the tilt.

I'm gonna give it the rest of the weekend to decide, but I guess I'm on the hunt again. Ugh.

jess fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

I'm late to the Humanscale discussion, but my boyfriend bought one about a month ago and he loves it. He uses it for both work and gaming and he says reclining in it is super comfortable (especially compared to the lovely racecar gaming chair it replaced).

The only drawbacks are that the arms are relatively low, it takes a while to ship out and the price tag is high, but it has a 15-year warranty so he feels that the price is worth it for a "forever" chair.

Re: the Gesture I bought, it's being returned this week. It was a failed experiment and I'm not sure how anyone can feel comfortable sitting in it.