Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I just agreed to buy a Leap v2 for $500 from someone who's startup failed I believe. It has an extra cylinder in it so their tall employee could use it in the correct fashion. He was also 6'5" like me, so I think it will make sense in the long run.

I have wanted a new chair for a while and I got really spoiled when I got a new job and they had Leap v2s in the office and then Aerons in the office we switched to. I work from home two days a week also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
My friend wants a chair for $200. I don't think there are any specific requirements other than being the best he can get at that price. I'm wondering if I should tell him to try and find a used high-end one at an office liquidators. Any recommendations for a new one or a reliable source online for a used one?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Anyone have experience with this? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/office-star-products-progrid-mesh-managers-chair-black/4607807.p?skuId=4607807 I'm an employee so it's about $155 after discount. Comparing it to the HON Exposure recommended on Wirecutter.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I'm going to be moving into a room with carpet soon so I assume I need one of those stupid plastic mats. I'm also going to get a ~72” desk that I can hopefully fit my gaming PC setup but also slide over to my work setup. Is there a recommended mat? It will be a sit/stand desk too.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

explosivo posted:

fwiw my desk is in a carpeted room and when I got my new chair I bought a set of rubber chair casters from Amazon and they're much better at rolling around on carpet than the standard office chair wheels that come with the chair. I obviously can't glide around the place but i like this option better than laying down a big plastic mat.

Heard of these. Definitely prefer this option, thanks!

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
What's the lifespan on the seat of a Steelcase Leap V2? Mine isn't feeling very good on my butt and legs lately. I've had the chair for 12 years I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Catatron Prime posted:

That's the same problem I had with the used Leap V2 I bought last year. So I just popped down to a local used office furniture place and picked up an Aeron Classic for 600$. Weirdly I kinda liked it more than the Embody I tried out, but that's not much more than a first impression

Did you look at replacing the seat?