Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Anyone ever use one of these? I sat on one and it seemed pretty okay.

http://www.staples.com/Tempur-Pedic-TP8000-Ergonomic-Mesh-Mid-Back-Task-Chair-Black/product-nr_324599

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Will do, thanks.

edit: I'm kind of nervous about putting down money on something I've never sat in. I found this: http://www.nationalofficeliquidators.com/products/steelcase-leap-charcoal-gray-task-chair

Seems like a great price, as my local CL doesn't have anything listed. Are they really that good?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 30, 2012

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

ILikeVoltron posted:

We had one of the knockoffs in our office for a while and while I thought it looked nice, it wasn't very comfortable. That said, I've got a Steelcase Leap (not in use) in my office and think it's a piece of junk. I'm waiting on a Steelcase Criterion for my home office.

Can you go into detail as to why you think its junk? I'm about to buy one and I don't want to make a bad purchase.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I don't think there is a single spot in NJ where I can go sit in an Aeron or a Leap to see if I even like it, so I'm going to go to the closest Office Depot and pick something out. Never been to one of them before, is any chair in the store worth buying?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
So I picked up a Realspace Calusa today and I really like how it feels. Anyone else have this chair aside from that one goon a few posts ago? Do they take time to break in?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
If I'm getting lower left back pain after an hour of sitting in this thing, should I just take it back or does it take time to break in?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Is there any way to adjust the back height or lumbar strength? If you've tried every adjustment, and it's still not comfortable, get rid of it. There's no "breaking it it" with office chairs. If it's not capable of being adjusted to your body, and it's uncomfortable now, it will just get worse later.

Not that I can see. It's going back on Wednesday. I don't think mesh chairs are for me. There just isn't enough lower back support. Can anyone recommend another decent Office Depot chair? Maybe something similar to the Steelcase Leap?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 28, 2012

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I like how it makes me sit properly, but the cushion has less padding in the back it seems, which means when I sit up straight, the bottom of the back of the chair digs into my back.

It's a shame, the quality of the chair is nice, but I just don't think it's a good mix with me. I plan on taking it back on Wednesday, but maybe I'll get used to it over the course of tonight/tomorrow.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I'm under pretty frequent chiropractor care and if he knew I was using a chair like this he'd probably kill me. I'll see what else they have on Wednesday.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Your chiropractor will eventually kill you anyway. Stop going to pretend doctors with no medical qualifications.

Thank you, LeftistMuslimObama. Duly noted. :gb2fyad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

c355n4 posted:

A little late; but...

http://www.furnitureresellers.com/directions.html

I just ordered a Steelcase Leap from them. Literally walked into the location sat in one and they're prepping one for me to pick up Friday. They had lots of others models; but, I wanted a Leap specifically since we have them at work and I know they are comfortable for me.

Thanks for this, but it's still too far for a computer chair. I wish there was actually something in south jersey but I'm stuck using office depot chairs for now.

I took the chair back and got something else there. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/246156/StyleWork-By-Thomasville-Vanarro-Bonded-Leather/

Not crazy about it but it was the only decent one in the store. Good lumbar support but I hope it softens up.