Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Some thoughts on the Steelcase Series 1 vs. the Steelcase Leap v2:

Been using the Series 1 since September of last year brand new from Steelcase direct. Picked up the Leap last week locally for $300 barely used after seeing them on Craigslist. I use them both everyday, the Leap now is the main WFH chair for my workday, the Series 1 replaced a crappy Ikea chair at a secondary desk but was my main chair before.

The Series 1 feels like a "baby Leap" where the general ergonomics feel the same (back support, the positioning of the arm wrests, back tilts separate from the seat, etc). The main difference is the Leap is way more customizable:
  • Ability to adjust how far back you can recline, 5 different angle settings on the Leap vs only locked upright and full recline on the Series 1
  • Recline tension can be adjusted with a twist knob on the Leap, Series 1 you only have a high/low tension setting
  • Back support tension can also be adjusted where you can't at all with the Series 1
  • Arm rests on the Leap are more adjustable at different angles
Both the Leap and the Series 1 have the ability to adjust the seat forward and back to accommodate taller people.

I still like the Series 1 a lot actually, the additional features of the Leap definitely make it "nicer" to use but I don't think it's overall that much more comfortable, at least comparing the list prices, definitely not 2.5x more comfortable. Maybe I would have a different story if I was regularly in long conference calls where I needed to be planted in my seat for multiple hours at a time, I feel like this micro-adjustments would potentially matter more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Crandall Office is running a 30% off their Steelcase authorized return chairs with code "THIRTY". I don't think it's that great of a deal on Leap V2s since you can get them cheaper reconstructed, but you can get a Gesture w/o headrest for under $800 with the discount which is what I picked up.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

All these terrible broken people saying that the Embody is better that the Gesture. Lol. Freaks I say!

FWIW, I've been enjoying my Gesture upgrading from an older, and semi broken, Leap v2. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the Embody though.