Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Endomorphic posted:

Now I endorse Mechs having to run a gauntlet of Thundersnows on one side approaching Bugstorms on the other (and only because I don't think a ThunderBugSnow would be a viable thing).

You can mix every condition you like. I could have a sandy high-gravity swamp-volcano lightning snowstorm generating black ice during an earthquake with hurricane-force winds and rain mixed with sleet in a radioactive toxic atmosphere that is also mostly a vacuum filled with poisonous fog made up of extremely potent oxydizers that burst into flames at the slightest cause and are also swarming with clouds of insects so ravenous that they can kill infantrymen in seconds. With meteors.

The game would be pretty unplayable since we're looking at something like +10 or more to piloting tests, so it'd mostly be a game to see which team gets hit with fewer meteors and lightning, or who gets earthquake'd into the lava first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Well, since I'm participating in the contest, I may as well sign up for Mechwarrior duty. E-mail is the same as the one I sent my design with (Technowolf(dot)sdp(at)gmail(dot)com)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

DarthXaos posted:

When is the next deadline?

Missed this. My internet's unreliable due to the snow so "get them to me as you can."

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

PoptartsNinja posted:

The game would be pretty unplayable since we're looking at something like +10 or more to piloting tests, so it'd mostly be a game to see which team gets hit with fewer meteors and lightning, or who gets earthquake'd into the lava first.

Sounds like fun for the spectators. Possibly everyone would simply lose on turn 2.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
It could be some important VR match with bets at stake, with everyone getting 0 in Piloting to make it last a bit longer.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Wafflecopper posted:

Don't worry, if you sign up now, you'll probably finish your service before your turn comes up.

the JJ posted:

And if not you can just PM PTN and defer until a later date. I pushed back my turn a scenario because I was super busy.

Ok then. Poptarts, please add me to the pilot list.

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

The game would be pretty unplayable since we're looking at something like +10
Well, the aim to have a situation where someone is forced to end up in one or the other at the end of the turn, and has to decide which group of penalties work less worse for them.

I realise now this depends on having environmental effects on only part of a map, and having those parts (plural) change during the battle, which probably puts it firmly in the "put it in a sim f*ck tracking that by hand" category.

Maybe you could do it a map at a time in a campaign; "wait, we can't go into the hurricane map if we want to use the Bombardier but do we really want to chance the oxydizer fog?"

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I would also like to be added to the pilot list. I've been reading this on and off for a while and finally got caught up.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alright, now that the insane weather is over with and I'm not putting in twelve hour days at work, I can finally get an update out!

Also:

quote:

Tiny wrote on Oct 3, 2013 14:24:
My orders are as follows:

Pray.

Some of the best orders I've ever received.

Edit: Quote: "Lots of things afoot"

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 9, 2013

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Prayers are useless, for there is no mercy to be found in PTN's dice.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ledoux just posted getting a hard copy of Battletech in the mail... Anyone goony?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I wasn't expecting that to actually happen.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Steel Will: Tactical Update 10 “Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!”

Movement Phase
2) Griffin
- MP reduced by heat, movement ends early!

Combat Phase
Impact Point Zero
2) Griffin
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1614!
- Fires ER PPC at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Radiation = 7): rolled 8, hit Side (14/24 armor remains)! Crit!
- Fires SRM-6 at at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Radiation = 9): rolled 11, 5 missiles hit Side (12/24 armor remains), Side (10/24 armor remains (Crit!)), Front (11/32 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Side (8/24 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage!)), Side (6/24 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Radiation = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

3) Enfield
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Front (2/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 7): rolled 10, hit Front (0/32 armor, 1/4 structure remains (Chance for Motive System Damage! Crit!))!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires LB-10X (SLUG) at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

7) Huron Warrior
- Conditions not met to fire at primary target Enfield!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Cronus (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Cronus (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 8): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (1/28 armor remains)!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 17!

4) Wolverine
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1019!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 2 Pulse Laser = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 2 Pulse Laser = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Enfield (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 2 Pulse Laser = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 11): rolled 12, 2 missiles hit Right Arm (12/16 armor remains), Rear Left Torso (2/4 armor remains)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 26! Overheating!

Bobcat
- Torso twists to threaten hex 0927!
- Fires Medium Laser at Huron Warrior (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Huron Warrior (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (11/16 armor remains)!
- Gains 10 weapon heat!

Cronus
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1223!
- Fires Large Laser at Wolverine (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Wolverine (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 17 weapon heat!

Hunter Light Support Tank
- Fires LRM-20 at Wolverine (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference + 1 minimum range = 9): Rolled 10, 12 missiles hit Left Leg (19/26 armor remains), Left Arm (0/18 armor, 7/9 structure remains (Crit!)), Center Torso (8/26 armor remains)!

Yantai Reservation
9) Watchman
- Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 12!

10) Blackjack
- Fires PPC at Plainsman (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 9): rolled 12, hit Side (6/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Plainsman (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 18!

11) Raven
- Holds fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 12!

12) Firebee
- Shut Down!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 10! Overheating!

Cicada
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 weapon heat!

Phoenix
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1220!
- Carefully Fires PPC at Firebee Center Torso (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 aimed shot (Center Torso) + 3 minimum range - 4 immobile target= 6): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (0/11 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- - I rolled a 7 to confirm, so even if this hadn’t been a targeted shot it would’ve hit the Center Torso anyway
- Gains 10 weapon heat!

Drillson Heavy Hovertank
- Fires Large Laser at Watchman (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 10, miss!

Plainsman Hovertank
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Right Leg (9/17 armor remains), Right Leg (7/17 armor remains), Left Torso (9/15 armor remains), Center Torso (4/18 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!

End Phase:
Hunter Light Support Tank
- I was hoping you’d kill it so I wouldn’t have to roll all these vehicle crits!
- Critical chance in Side! SRM-2 destroyed!
- Critical chance in Side! Crew stunned!
- Chance for Motive System Damage in Front! Heavy Damage (MP Halved!)
- Chance for Motive System Damage in Side! Moderate Damage (-1 MP!)
- Chance for Motive System Damage in Front! Minor damage!

Physical Combat Phase:
Watchman
- Kicks Phoenix (5 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 9): rolled 5, miss!

End Phase:
Watchman
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 0 missed kick = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Mao’s computer flashed a target warning as she charged the isolated Hunter tank. She wasn’t surprised when the warning faded away after a moment as the Hunter shifted its aim to engage a more distant target. All it would take was a few solid hits to put down the lightly-armored support tank and the enemy crew seemed to know it. They didn’t attempt any evasive maneuvers; or even to flee. Mao didn’t flinch as a flight of LRMs arced over her shoulder at one of the Capellan machines. Sure, she was here to rescue the Cappies but she wasn’t going to lose any sleep if they took the brunt of the enemy’s fire.

Her computer shrieked a different warning just as she fired, and without a moment’s hesitation Mao reacted. She threw her `Mech forward, its right shoulder dropping into a posture better suited to a football tackle than a war machine. Her autocannon kicked up a meter-wide cloud of dirt as she fired it into the rusty, rocky soil. The flickering beam of a Large Pulse Laser passed a few meters over her head; and her damage diagnostics readout flickered as it updated after the irritating rap of an SRM hit or two. Reliance’s mind whirled for a few moments as she scanned her rear arc in shock.

“Sergeant Major!” Weber’s warning was too late, and completely unnecessary.

“I know,” She cut him off. “I saw it too.”

“Maybe his targeting computer just malfunctioned?” Weber suggested hopefully.

Smoke still wafted from the Wolverine’s missile tubes as its turret-mounted medium laser swiveled to continue tracking her machine. Reliance shook her head.

“Like hell it did.”

“Anne,” Lieutenant Bellard called uselessly, his left arm outstretched as he turned to back towards her disabled machine. “Get out of there! That’s an order!”

If she could’ve heard her husband’s anguished cries, the Sergeant Major probably would’ve berated him for losing his composure; or for giving her an order her machine wasn’t capable of following. Only silence greeted him, and with an angry roar he leapt towards the boxy enemy Phoenix. Its sharp, angular chest and ape-like arms twisted as the pilot watched his approach.

Lasers stabbed outward from the Watchman’s chest; and the machine’s anti-infantry machineguns roared and spat as he tried to shake the Taurian pilot’s aim to no avail. The Taurian machine’s left arm rose, showing Dorian the back of its hand and two fingers raised in a reverse ‘V,’ then with the calmness of an executioner the barrel of its PPC dropped towards the Firebee and filled the scant meters between them with a ionized plasma.

The Firebee wilted as its lightly-built ferro-titanium skeleton gave way. The machine seemed to topple in slow motion, and Dorian allowed himself only the slightest glimmer of hopeful consolation: to score a hit at that range, the enemy pilot almost certainly had to disable the field inhibitors of his PPC; and the backlash of an unshielded shot should’ve used the weapon into a useless slab. He kicked at it as he landed, but the Phoenix was already lifting up and away.

The deadly blue glow of its charging coils told Dorian that his hope had been misplaced: the Phoenix’s PPC was undamaged. There was no justice in the universe.

Not unless he made some himself.

Delta Battle Lance “The Avenging Angels” Primary Objectives:
- Survive (incomplete)
- Destroy the Capellan Survivors (incomplete)

Delta Battle Lance “The Avenging Angels” Secondary Objectives:
- Rescue Capellan Survivors (failed)
- Defeat Taurian Forces (incomplete)

2nd Lance, 1st Company, 3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs Primary Objectives:
- Survive (incomplete)
- Destroy the New Syrtis Rescue Party (incomplete)

2nd Lance, 1st Company, 3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs Primary Objectives:
- Link up with the New Syrtis Rescue Party (failed)

India Recon Lance “The Last Report” Primary Objectives:
- Survive (incomplete)

India Recon Lance “The Last Report” Secondary Objectives:
- Defend the Fallout Bunker Entrance (incomplete)
- Use the Raven’s equipment to confirm the condition of the six bunkers and the number (if any) of the survivors (1/6)

Point Zero Enemy Movement Mods:
- Bobcat – Ran +2
- Cronus – Walked +2
- Hunter – Stationary +0

Yantai Reservation Enemy Movement Mods:
- Cicada – Ran +4
- Phoenix – Jumped +3
- Drillson – Cruised +3
- Plainsman – Cruised +0

Player Status:

Enemy Status:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 9, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yup, still Capellans alright. :china:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Kinda surprised the Capellans went for the backstab with those terrible odds. Didn't accomplish much at all. Also: Did the crit on the Wolverine's arm amount to anything?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I forgot that it took the crit at all. Per my rules, that means it didn't actually take one.

VVV I misread your orders as firing the PPC instead of the medium lasers, and missed the medium laser.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 9, 2013

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Why wasn't I able to fire the medium laser at the Plainsman as well?

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

PoptartsNinja posted:

The deadly blue glow of its charging coils told Dorian that his hope had been misplaced: the Phoenix’s PPC was undamaged. There was no justice in the universe.

These New Syrtis tears are delicious.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The very best thing about these missions is that, as a Fed Drac Suns guy myself, there are no bad endings! New Syrtis gets hosed? Okay, cool, makes life easier when we have to take the Duchy back down the line. Cappies get hosed? That's never a bad thing. Taurans get hosed? Those stupid bastards have a warship and WMDs and they're wasting it on some dipshit colony world instead of New Syrtis, Kathil, New Avalon, or someplace that matters? Awesome. Also, now that they've crossed that line we can let them weaken New Syrtis for us then nuke the Taurans to hell and gone since they used WMDs first!

It's a pain party and we're not invited! :dance:

Oh and kudos to the Capellan players for really getting how House Liao goons would act! Suicidal violence leading to guaranteed self-destruction for the win!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Screw the Taurians time to fight the real enemy.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Ferrosol posted:

Screw the Taurians time to fight the real enemy.

My thoughts exactly. :black101:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The Taurians and Syrtians should stop fighting to beat the Capellans, then go back to fighting each other.

Alternatively, the three factions stop their fighting and work out their differences with diplomacy and discussion. As though that's ever happened in Battletech.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nah, the Taurians should start shooting the Capellans, while the Syrtians shoot the Taurians. Benny Hill style.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Readingaccount posted:

These New Syrtis tears are delicious.

You guys are heartless. Come on PTN, let the married couple make it out :ohdear:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

You guys are heartless.

If it makes you feel any better, there were probably a ton of married couples that got reduced to sub-atomic particles in the nuclear strikes.

That was a well written turn, I actually smiled when the Firebee died. But then I am rooting against the players on this one.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Even the players who are backstabbing Capellans in the truest fasion?

"Death before dishonor!"

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Zaodai posted:

That was a well written turn, I actually smiled when the Firebee died. But then I am rooting against the players on this one.

How is this different from like every other scenario we've had?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Zaodai posted:

If it makes you feel any better, there were probably a ton of married couples that got reduced to sub-atomic particles in the nuclear strikes.

Don't you always root for whatever causes people to be sad?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

cafel posted:

How is this different from like every other scenario we've had?

I think he at least rooted for the Death Commandos back during that campaign.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Well, that sudden and inevitable betrayal wasn't telegraphed at all by the Firefly clip link that PTN edited out of his pre-update teaser post that he edited a quote into... Was just glad I caught it this morning before he edited that away again...

Still, that wasn't as devastating as I expected it to be. Still pulling for the DNS pair, though I do admit to also having some sympathy for the Capellan duo as well. There's still Taurians out there at Impact Point Zero, but I assume they're going to be on the back burner now that the two halves of GoonHalfLances are mixing it up, and I wouldn't blame the pilots for deciding this, at least fluff wise. Shame, since that Hunter Tank is all sorts of vulnerable now and could be easily finished off, at least to my inexperienced eye.

Wonder what the Google Doc used for planning now looks after this... I assumed it was already messy before, what with the two different maps, but after this it has to be even worse. I doubt the Capellan players advertised this course of action in the Doc, so the two of them must have taken it to PMs between themselves to plan this out...

The Firebee was toast, as expected. At least it was taken out by Center Torso destruction, which means that the pilot likely lives. After the mission she can probably be recovered and the married couple reunited, assuming that the husband survives the rest of the encounter. For now, the LT needs to avenge his wife and subordinate by taking out that Phoenix. Not a good job of it so far, but I have no doubt he'll rise to the opportunity.

Still, Tiny did a great job playing the wife, the hyper-aggressive Sergeant Major in the tiny antique mech that wound up taking out two enemy mechs with physical attacks after some softening up. It's just too bad that those Infernos but it into that overheating and shut down position, which the Phoenix took advantage of.

BMcDonough
Jul 30, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I think he at least rooted for the Death Commandos back during that campaign.

I think he was also rooting for the players during the attack on Tharkad and the original introduction of 'Steiner Rules' duelling.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

Honestly the New Syrtis mechs were in a better position for a sudden betrayal, if only for the fact that both Cappellan mechs have their rear Center Torsos completely stripped. But of course it would be hard for either side to really get any benefit, even out of a devastatingly good first strike, because they've gone from numerical superiority to being outnumbered.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
Now that the truce is broken, will there be separate initiatives for the Capellan and NS sides, or do we have to continue guessing where our opponents will move?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

DarthXaos posted:

Now that the truce is broken, will there be separate initiatives for the Capellan and NS sides, or do we have to continue guessing where our opponents will move?

I'd assume initiative stays the same and you have to guess at what moves the other side will make. It's how the Solaris match worked and there doesn't seem to be much reason to change that up. If that's the case, giving alternative targets in case your primary target is out of range or LOS is key.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

BMcDonough posted:

I think he was also rooting for the players during the attack on Tharkad and the original introduction of 'Steiner Rules' duelling.

Yeah, I rooted for the Death Commandos, the Steiners against the Clans, and probably a few other cases (I cheered on the office chair as a neutral third party during the attack on the Coordinator). I do have a tendency to cheer on the bad guys though.

As for how it's different this time, it come across as a "gently caress you" directly to the Sergeant Major in story, and the guy is a bit of a douche. So it was written in such a way I was happy to see the character sad and not just the players. :pseudo:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Zaodai posted:

(I cheered on the office chair as a neutral third party during the attack on the Coordinator)

Anyone who did not cheer on the Brave Little Office Chair is a heartless soulless monster. :colbert:

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Sounds like it was one of those delightful swivelly little things that you can kick really far with.
Office Chair Game (w/ junior executive staple gun your trusty companion as you plumb the depths of Combine corruption!): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_the_Handsome_Executive

Hmmm, the Capellans look the strongest at the moment, their damage is at the rear (severe in the case of the Huron, but with good front armor) whereas the DNS' damage is at the front exposing the CT of the Enfield and two-thirds of the Griffin's weapons in its RT, which the Capellans have a Gauss Gun to exploit.
The Hunter is dead, even if the DNS completely ignores targeting the Taurians they can still kick it twice for free at -1 if it's immobile while stunned or 3 if it's not, and one kick should suffice.
Looks like an exciting 2vs2vs2 battle... the Capellans strongest, but unfortunately closer to the middle whereas the Taurians are weakest, but will probably be less targeted until either the Capellans or DNS lose a mech (probably the Enfield). The flow of battle will probably be decided by how defensive the DNS plays it, since the strategic options are clearer for the the two other factions.
And I was totally (and happily) wrong about their sticking together... even if there was a betrayal I figured it'd be DNS due to the racism and the Capellans needing to hide out if they win. At least their mechs won't get confiscated before they're sent to a PoW camp (though I suppose they could've wandered off after winning).
Good Capellan roleplay! (I'm starting to like them after the Death Commandos and this despite being part Chinese and not liking the sterotyping (though much made up for by PTNs fantastic writing)... they Confederation really owns their character.)

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 10, 2013

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
Well drat, I'm dead. I was hoping against hope that the Dice Gods would rule in my favor. If I'd have lived, I would have jumped off into a corner until near the end of the fight, then jumped back in to alpha-suicide-kick that loving plainsman that I kicked in the rear end earlier.

I'm *STILL* amazed that the plainsman isn't dead... Players have initiative, and I kicked it's rear end-armor down to nothing. It's been begging for another foot in the rear end ever since. I hoped I'd survive as a cripple so I could deliver that final kick and die with (more) satisfaction.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
You went full :black101: in the mechanical equivalent of a soviet biplane and got two kills out of it. You have no grounds for recriminations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

Voyager I posted:

You went full :black101: in the mechanical equivalent of a soviet biplane and got two kills out of it. You have no grounds for recriminations.

aye, but I still wish I could have survived for a few more rounds as a half-exploding hermit in the hills. If everything went perfect, the walking camp-fire(bee) would have shown up as soon as the Plainsman was within jump range so it could finish the job. 4 SRM 2's / a kick to the rear end. It would have been a glorious way to go.

I'm quite content with the way things turned out, though. I hope the rest of the team can win the scenario.

Tiny fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 11, 2013

• Locked thread