Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You accounted for 85-90 tons of enemy equipment with a 35 ton `Mech. You could've drug things out a couple of turns maybe, but then your team would've had to deal with another enemy `Mech for at least one more turn; during which the Watchman probably would've wound up crippled.

You took a risk and it paid off, and probably saved the Watchman in the process. Now he's in much better position to link up with the rest of the lance; rather than being completely isolated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
You done good, Firebee. You done damned good.

I just hope your pilot managed to survive somehow because I am a big softy. :ohdear:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Huh, I'd have thought it would be more sensible to initiate a backstab once the Taurians were taken care of. Although looking at it again the Cronus's Center Torso is on the verge of being blown open, so maybe now was as good a time as any.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Scintilla posted:

Huh, I'd have thought it would be more sensible to initiate a backstab once the Taurians were taken care of.

Actually this was pretty much what I was expecting.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Voyager I posted:

You went full :black101: in the mechanical equivalent of a soviet biplane and got two kills out of it. You have no grounds for recriminations.

Chaika Chaika Chaika

I-153 owns.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Scintilla posted:

Huh, I'd have thought it would be more sensible to initiate a backstab once the Taurians were taken care of.

Yeah, but the Taurians were pretty much beat anyway, and the mop up wouldn't have been that interesting to watch. Now there is some suspense again.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Theantero posted:

Yeah, but the Taurians were pretty much beat anyway, and the mop up wouldn't have been that interesting to watch. Now there is some suspense again.

True enough. Both sides seem to be pretty beat up, with the Enfield's Center Torso wide open and the Griffin's Right Torso similarly blasted away (And the SRM ammo is in there too). But a backshot to either of the Capellan units would toast them immediately. Honestly it seems like it could go either way at this point.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Backshots are easy to control though.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Readingaccount posted:

Backshots are easy to control though.

It's less easy when nobody has any idea what the other side is going to do during their movement phases!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm secretly hoping for another nuke out of nowhere to render all of these heroic sacrifices meaningless.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

Voyager I posted:

It's less easy when nobody has any idea what the other side is going to do during their movement phases!

Just stay on the edge of the map while moving up or down to either keep entirely out of the way of a push/charge, though if that makes one's movement too predictable to encourage one to be boxed in one could also risk being pushed or charged, though it'd be a minor risk with unknown movement, except against the Taurians.
For now anyway there's enough room for the Capellans to avoid backshots or pushing/charging for a couple of rounds.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I have little experience in Battletech outside the video games and what I've read in this thread, so I might not be understanding the map right, but at the moment it looks like the Capellans are in danger of being sandwiched between the Taurians and the New Syrtians. Wouldn't that make it easier for a backshot to happen? I mean they can only focus on one side on the other. Splitting fire at this point seems like suicide.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Backshot angles are quite restrictive in BT, as long as they stay with their backs to the east it can't happen, only the side arcs can be hit, and even if they move a couple of hexes out as long as they face west the enemy would have to be very close.

> Yes, definitely, and the Taurians would be fools not to do so.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 13, 2013

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Maybe so. However, the Cappie's positioning still means that they're likely to be eating shots from both the Taurians and the Syrtians. So even though they're in the best shape at the moment, that might not last.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Got a request from a player to delay the update, so the update will be delayed.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
As a head's-up to the thread, I need to take my car in because I want to get a second opinion on some hail damage it received. My insurance company sent me a check to cover the damages ("Here's some money, the rest is your problem"), but I never spoke with the assessor (and they couldn't find my house the first time); so I have no idea how they came to reach the figures on the check.

It's scheduled for early morning, so I still intend to do an update tomorrow (and then do some more writing for Mr. Ledoux after); but I have no idea how long this is going to take.

It doesn't help that I'm sorely tempted to put the insurance money toward my student loan, since it represents about half of the remaining balance and could mean the difference between paying it off in 18 months or so vs. paying it off in 4+ years. So, I'm kinda pulling out my hair over real-life stress right now. Please be patient with me, updates will continue and I'm truly sorry for the delays.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Real life is important. Take your time.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, those are serious concerns, giant fighting robots will keep while you sort them out.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"Relax, First Lord Cameron PTN," Defiance Industries said in a fashion that was not at all like Stefan Amaris, "I shall be very trustworthy and watch over this thread in your absence. Feel free to move your whole army away."

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Yeah, don't feel bad - real life trumps entertaining random people on the internet. In the meantime why not leave everything up to the trustworthy individual above.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Take your time man.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Alright, I'm home. Ordeal over. Sorta.

They can't fix my car until March, and when they do I'll be without it for ten days. Or I could throw the money at my student loan, pay off half of it, and be in a much better position to eventually be able to replace this car. Fortunately, I have until March to make a decision.

Both my brain and my heart say "gently caress it, throw the money at the student loan;" while my sense of duty says "but they gave you the money to fix the purely-cosmetic damage done to your car!"

:smithicide:

Anyway, I was able to do movement last night while I was stressing over this (it really helped that two players stayed put); so now it's update time. I'm not even that far off schedule, I've just had slightly less sleep than usual. That I can deal with.

VVVV There's been a lot of damage out here, so everyone's overbooked.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 16, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
March? What the gently caress are they doing, shipping something from China on an 16th century Galleon?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Spend it on whatever PTN. Insurance is pretty much you making a bet (with appalling odds) that your car will get damaged. Congrats, you won! What you do with the cash no one really cares.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Oh, it's cosmetic damage?
Don't worry about your sense of duty PTN, insurance companies aren't in the business of what you use your payout for beyond how it might affect your existing policies (and how it correlates with customer data in general), all they care about is that the damage is legitimate.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
If it's purely cosmetic damage then I'd say use the money for the loan. Having one of those hovering over you really sucks.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Readingaccount posted:

Oh, it's cosmetic damage?
Don't worry about your sense of duty PTN, insurance companies aren't in the business of what you use your payout for beyond how it might affect your existing policies (and how it correlates with customer data in general), all they care about is that the damage is legitimate.

Yeah, the insurance company isn't generally in the business of fixing your car, their in the business of giving you some money if it gets damaged in certain ways. What you do with the money is up to you.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I know. There're just other considerations. Resale value, etc, but I can't even think about replacing the car until I'm out from under my student loan so even then I'm sorely tempted to leave the car as-is and just drive it until it quits and I have to salvage it.

Fortunately, I have until March to make a decision so there's no actual stress anymore.

Edit: Ahaha the Hunter lives (probably)!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Just use your BT dice to determine a course of action. Roll probabilities on whether the car will last that long and whether or not you can successfully pass a driving check. Obviously.

I mean that's probably more likely to help out than the peanut gallery of this thread (y'know, us) giving advice :v:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I hope your insurance has a Stackpole clause PTN!

Also, would clanners drive Hummers or electric cars? I think both work on the twice/half scale.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Steel Will: Tactical Update 11

Initiative Phase
Delta Battle Lance, Sirdar DNS Militia: Rolled 5!
2nd Lance, 3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs: Rolled 6!
Capellan Forces win initiative!

Combat Phase
Impact Point Zero
7) Huron Warrior
- Conditions not met to fire at primary targets!
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1123!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Cronus (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Attempts to Fire Gauss Rifle at Cronus: target not in arc!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 17!

4) Wolverine
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 2 Pulse Laser = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Enfield (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 2 Pulse Laser = 10): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (15/20 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Enfield (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 26!

2) Griffin
- Fires ER PPC at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Radiation + 1 heat = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

3) Enfield
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1215!
- Fires LB-10X (CLUSTER) at Hunter Light Support Tank (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 7, 6 clusters hit Turret Left Side (23/24 armor remains), Left Side (22/24 armor remains), Left Side (21/24 armor remains), Rear (15/16 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage)), Left Side (20/24 armor remains (Crit!), Left Side (19/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Wolverine (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference + 1 secondary target - 2 Pulse Laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference + 1 secondary target = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Wolverine (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference + 1 secondary target = 13): automatic miss
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

Bobcat
- Holds fire!
- Gains 10 weapon heat!

Cronus
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1223!
- Fires Large Laser at Huron Warrior (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (3/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Huron Warrior (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (15/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Huron Warrior (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (7/17 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Huron Warrior (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Huron Warrior (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 20 weapon heat! Overheating!

Hunter Light Support Tank
- Fires LRM-20 at Huron Warrior (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference = 9): Rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Flamer (HEAT) at Griffin (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 EM Interference + 2 secondary target in rear arc = 14): automatic miss!

Yantai Reservation
9) Watchman
- Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Phoenix (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 12!

10) Blackjack
- Fires PPC at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 9, hit Front (15/25 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Fires Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Side (16/21 armor remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Side (11/21 armor remains)! Chance for Motive System Damage!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 20!

11) Raven
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1422!
- Fires Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 steam = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 steam = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 steam = 8): rolled 11, 4 missiles hit Front (13/25 armor remains), Front (11/25 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage)), Front (9/25 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage)), Front (7/25 armor remains (Chance for Motive System Damage))!
- Fires Machine Gun at Drillson (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 steam = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Drillson (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 steam = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 12!

Cicada
- Fires ER PPC at Raven (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 15 weapon heat!

Phoenix
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0613!
- Fires SRM-2 at Watchman (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at Watchman (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 10 weapon heat!

Drillson Heavy Hovertank
- Fires Large Laser at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 8, 2 missiles hit Left Arm (3/11 armor remains), Center Torso (12/16 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-2 at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 6, 1 missile hit Left Leg (11/15 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-2 (INFERNO) at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-2 (INFERNO) at Raven (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 6): rolled 8, 2 missiles add 4 heat!
- Fires Machine Gun at Raven (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (0/8 structure remains)! Torso Destroyed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Raven (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 steam = 8): rolled 3, miss!

Plainsman Hovertank
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (4 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Blackjack (4 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 10): rolled 11, 4 missiles hit Center Torso (2/18 armor remains), Right Torso (11/15 armor remains), Right Leg (5/17 armor remains), Left Arm (3/7 structure remains)! Crit!

End Phase:
Hunter
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Moderate damage sustained!

Drillson
- Critical chance in Side! Engine hit! Vehicle immobilized!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Minor damage sustained!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Minor damage sustained!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! No effect!

Blackjack
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hit sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Wolverine
- Punches Hunter with Left Arm (5 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!

Watchman
- Kicks Phoenix (5 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 9): rolled 8, miss!

End Phase:
Watchman
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 0 missed kick = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

“The Taurians are withdrawing,” Anong remarked. Their positions were marked on the secondary monitor least afflicted with static generated by their crashed dropship’s unshielded fusion engine. Only the Cronus remained now, and the Hunter tank that seemed determined to face its end with its missile-tubes dry. A gout of flame burst defiantly from the little tank’s rear-mounted flamer and the Griffin’s PPC flashed a meter over the little Tank’s sloped carriage as the pilot flinched away from the unexpected attack.

Otaktay grunted. “Of course they are. If we finish off the Davions or if they finish us off, whatever’s left should be easy enough to mop up.”

“That’s what they think,” Anong smiled darkly. The major’s words were still fresh in her mind; though he’d been brief for fear of being overheard.

“Buy me a few minutes,” he’d said. “I have nearly freed the Jade Emperor. Soon, I shall join you in crushing the Davions and their perfidious periphery colonists.”

“El-tee’s gone off the deep end,” Sergeant Peter Sommers said in low tones as he watched his commanding officer’s `Mech leap after the retreating enemy Phoenix. The Watchman, battered by enemy fire, didn’t seem to have a chance against a bigger, undamaged enemy `Mech; but Sommers knew that looks could be deceiving. The Phoenix was built for long-range combat, if the Lieutenant could stay close he’d have a decent chance.

Still, he shook his head and appended his earlier statement. “Again.”

“Please,” Troy’s voice warbled over the comms. “This happens every time Anne gets herself shot out of a `Mech. Once we salvage the Toro, I’m sure he’ll go nuts once she manages to lose it putting two Atlases in a headlock or something. Now stop talking an help me sink this Drillson before—”

Sommers turned as an SRM impact shook Troy’s Raven, the little `Mech’s left arm spun away in a short parabola as the Raven’s torso collapsed.

“—gently caress me!” Troy continued. “There go my machine guns!”

Delta Battle Lance “The Avenging Angels” Primary Objectives:
- Survive (incomplete)
- Destroy the Capellan Survivors (incomplete)

Delta Battle Lance “The Avenging Angels” Secondary Objectives:
- Rescue Capellan Survivors (failed)
- Defeat Taurian Forces (failed)

2nd Lance, 1st Company, 3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs Primary Objectives:
- Survive (incomplete)
- Destroy the New Syrtis Rescue Party (incomplete)

2nd Lance, 1st Company, 3rd Chesterton Voltigeurs Secondary Objectives:
- Link up with the New Syrtis Rescue Party (failed)
- Defeat Taurian Forces (failed)

India Recon Lance “The Last Report” Primary Objectives:
- Survive (incomplete)
- Defeat Taurian Forces (incomplete)

India Recon Lance “The Last Report” Secondary Objectives:
- Defend the Fallout Bunker Entrance (incomplete)
- Use the Raven’s equipment to confirm the condition of the six bunkers and the number (if any) of the survivors (1/6)

Point Zero Enemy Movement Mods:
- Bobcat – Retreated!
- Cronus – Jumped +3
- Hunter – Stationary +0

Yantai Reservation Enemy Movement Mods:
- Cicada – Ran +3
- Phoenix – Jumped +3
- Drillson – Immobilized -4
- Plainsman – Cruised +3

Player Status:

Enemy Status:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 16, 2013

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fortunately, I have until March to make a decision so there's no actual stress anymore.
You know what you must do.

Let the thread vote. :v:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Something's up with the Enfield fire - I take it the small stuff shot at the Wolverine, not the Hunter?

Also, stupid hovercraft. Harumph.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hovercraft are hard to use in areas that don't have long stretches of flat terrain for them to abuse making strafing runs. They're kinda like ground-level Aerospace Fighters.

My last-minute decision to drain the lake probably didn't do it any favors.

At least it wasn't instantly killed for losing its engine over water!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 16, 2013

Sair
May 11, 2007

You'd think they would be designed to float for emergencies like that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Making 50 tons of vehicle amphibious is a lot harder than you'd think. I'm pretty sure most hovercraft in BattleTech are either fan-based light hovers like the Savannah Master and heat-based heavy hovers that pretty much use ground effect off of big, hot fusion engines. The latter probably shouldn't be able to travel over water anyway (but they can, because of giant robot space magic).

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

PoptartsNinja posted:

“Please,” Troy’s voice warbled over the comms. “This happens every time Anne gets herself shot out of a `Mech. Once we salvage the Toro, I’m sure he’ll go nuts once she manages to lose it putting two Atlases in a headlock or something.

You mean she isn't dead? Well poo poo, probably should have rejoined my lancemates rather than try to avenge Anne.

Is the Drillson going to sink into the muck eventually, or do we have to finish it off?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Carbolic posted:

You mean she isn't dead? Well poo poo, probably should have rejoined my lancemates rather than try to avenge Anne.

Is the Drillson going to sink into the muck eventually, or do we have to finish it off?

Nope. Head wasn't destroyed and there wasn't an ammo explosion. Her mech's engine just got ruptured.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

fool_of_sound posted:

Nope. Head wasn't destroyed and there wasn't an ammo explosion. Her mech's engine just got ruptured.

Does that disrupt life support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Artificer posted:

Does that disrupt life support?

Nope, life support has it's own auxiliary power.

• Locked thread