Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mountain Lion could go and dump everything into the rear armour of that anvil. Would be a pretty terrible position though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Haha, holy poo poo.

Well, at least the Mountain Lion can get to shank someone next turn. Also, interesting on the "scaled skill levels" idea. That means that Clanner Orion is actually really terrifying.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Who do I light up next? Another salvo at the Anvil?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Haha, holy poo poo.

Well, at least the Mountain Lion can get to shank someone next turn. Also, interesting on the "scaled skill levels" idea. That means that Clanner Orion is actually really terrifying.

Yeah, I'm debating on whether it should be the Orion or the Anvil at this point. I can tuck right in behind the Anvil, which saves me from the Anvil and Albatross' fire. I'll probably die from a headcap either way, honestly.

goatface posted:

Mountain Lion could go and dump everything into the rear armour of that anvil. Would be a pretty terrible position though.

The Anvil's rear armor is stronger than it's front armor now, no point in getting behind it except to avoid fire. Which I need to do.

Edit:

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Who do I light up next? Another salvo at the Anvil?

If you walk forwards 3 spaces (using 4 MP for the height change), you could unload on the Anvil, yeah. You'd be at 6 hexes which is a pretty solid range for you. Try to shoot the LB-X last with cluster ammo to spray it with pellets and try for some criticals.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 3, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You could move past, get yourself into position for fighting the Grizzly. 0919, turn to face 0819, unload into the Orion? Run straight forward at the Grizzly, shoot everything at it while screaming "Fight me you coward!"?

The former protects your rear arc, the latter risks the clanners mocking you for bargaining away zellbrigen and then asking for a 1-on-1...

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
Holy crap that Orion is going to wreck y'alls poo poo. With so many SRM and cluster rounds, the Mountain Lion is toast.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Yeah I'm kind of concerned about the Orion. I think he's in a much better position than I.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
The players did a ton of damage, but it all went to the brick of an Anvil. That Hip TAC was really fortunate, so not a horrible turn overall. You should be able to finish off the stationary Anvil pretty easily this turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Good news is the clan anvil is crippled, End it, bad news your anvil is sleepy sleep, but the clanners will not shoot him so he is gonna be ok, Mountain lion must move as must as it can, it must maximize its move mods with that open head. Good hunting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I would enjoy seeing what you could make from superior Clan equipment.

H-H-Harper-kun you baka its not like I want to foment the scientist caste rebellion make the Flamberge and Arcas decades earlier, you big dummy!

Anyway, I'm shooting up my counterpart.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Wow, after how long the previous game went on, I really wasn't prepared for this kind of bloodbath. Bits and bobs flying all over the place, oh my.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Now, THATS what I call a turn :black101::black101::black101:

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
It's hard to say who has an advantage right now. The players hammered the enemy Anvil, but the remainder of the star is basically untouched. The Clanners have been spreading their damage around, so no one player is in awful shape armor-wise, but their Anvil is out cold and the Mountain Lion lies at the mercy of the cluster rounds and missiles these 'Mechs have in worrisome numbers. This could be a short, vicious match at this rate.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Albatross here, thinking that I'll advance into 1721 and repeat firing, though I may use different weapons this time. LBX, LRM, Large Pulse and both mediums perhaps? That'll bring my heat down next turn too - or should I continue firing the LBX, LPL, ERLL and LRM?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The Clan Wraith is moving into a position to flank, but I think you guys are going to be focusing down the Clan Anvil next turn, which should be the closest thing to a sitting duck here. Just something to keep in mind.

Too bad about the headshot to the Mountain Lion, wouldn't want one of the best GoonKnight mechs taken out so quickly. Cluster ammo is going to be a problem soon. The GoonKnights' Anvil pilot losing consciousness on a 3+ is an unlucky break, though. The Clanners refusing to fire on it until it gets up for their honeour is a silver lining, I guess.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

If you can get the Lion in position for a good old fashioned suicide run against the Albatross that might be a Good Idea. The Albatross is full of ammo, and the retractable blade can automatically crit on a successful punch. There's a reasonable chance of crippling it with a good hit.

The Albatross is incredibly fragile due to its XL, relatively low speed, and tons of ammunition. It has thick armor, but the moment it loses torso armor (in its rear, for example), it's very vulnerable to ammo explosions. Delegate one or two guys to finish off the Anvil, while the rest of you concentrate on ruining the Albie. You want to make this 4-3 as quickly as you can.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

MJ12 posted:

If you can get the Lion in position for a good old fashioned suicide run against the Albatross that might be a Good Idea. The Albatross is full of ammo, and the retractable blade can automatically crit on a successful punch. There's a reasonable chance of crippling it with a good hit.

The Albatross is incredibly fragile due to its XL, relatively low speed, and tons of ammunition. It has thick armor, but the moment it loses torso armor (in its rear, for example), it's very vulnerable to ammo explosions. Delegate one or two guys to finish off the Anvil, while the rest of you concentrate on ruining the Albie. You want to make this 4-3 as quickly as you can.

The issue with gunning for the Albatross in the Lion is at that point literally their whole team can shoot me if they wanted to. The trees and hills make it effectively impossible for a 4/6 to ever get more than +1 mods unless you can end up in a tree, and with a million cluster weapons I'll be extremely lucky to live past the next turn. It's just not going to happen. Living to the melee phase also isn't likely, so a suicide run probably wouldn't even accomplish the intended maybe-a-crit-on-ammo. I need to try and avoid as much fire as I can next turn, but I'm not sure where that's going to put me.

Edit: Holy poo poo, actually, 0919 is great. The Orion could get its LRM on me, but the Grizzly gets blocked by 3 trees in the way, the Anvil and Albatross can't twist enough to do anything, and I'd be long range from the Wraith with decent mods.

Edit2: The Orion and Albatross can run to 1520 and 1620 respectively this turn and lay some hurt onto that Anvil and maybe drop it, or try and gun for one of the others. I'd suggest the Anvil, though, to try and make sure it actually goes down. That puts the enemy Wraith shooting through a bunch of trees at you guys which means it might actually miss. The Grizzly also can't see those spaces thanks to the hill.

Edit3: The Wraith could reach 1319, which does leave it open, but with a +5 to be hit which is great. The Grizzly'd have to shoot at it but it'd be at med-long ranges, and the other two would have pretty terrible odds as well, and would hopefully gun for the Orion/Albatross.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 3, 2014

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
By the way, how long am I actually out? Do I need to make the same 3+ next turn? And once that's done - I didn't tip over from the damage, but do you fall automatically if you get knocked out?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Raised by Hamsters posted:

By the way, how long am I actually out? Do I need to make the same 3+ next turn? And once that's done - I didn't tip over from the damage, but do you fall automatically if you get knocked out?

You'll make the same 3+ at the end of next turn, and you'll fall if you have to take any piloting checks, which you shouldn't since the Clans don't gun for unconscious pilots.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

The Gate posted:

You'll make the same 3+ at the end of next turn, and you'll fall if you have to take any piloting checks, which you shouldn't since the Clans don't gun for unconscious pilots.

Still? I thought it was established that they weren't abiding by the honor code?

Edit: VVVV Ah, my bad.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 3, 2014

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Artificer posted:

Still? I thought it was established that they weren't abiding by the honor code?

PoptartsNinja posted:

On the plus side, you're not a valid target to the Clanners until you wake up.

From the previous page.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Artificer posted:

Edit: VVVV Ah, my bad.

We bid away multiple targets only, I think, and while the Clans do tend to be wishy-washy on their RoE, not engaging someone who's out of the fight is pretty solid, unless there's a blood fued or something. No honor in killing a helpless person and all that I suppose.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, they'd never live it down if they shot at some dude while he's passed out with half of 3 clans watching.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

GenericServices posted:

It's hard to say who has an advantage right now. The players hammered the enemy Anvil, but the remainder of the star is basically untouched. The Clanners have been spreading their damage around, so no one player is in awful shape armor-wise, but their Anvil is out cold and the Mountain Lion lies at the mercy of the cluster rounds and missiles these 'Mechs have in worrisome numbers. This could be a short, vicious match at this rate.

Trading partial incapacitation on the Anvils is probably a wash, but now the mech that was supposed to be the playmaker for the good guys can potentially die to one hit from anything. Even if it doesn't happen, the simple fact that the Mountain Lion has to play much more conservatively is a serious disadvantage because he really wants to be up there making things happen.

It sucks, but I guess we can always pray for the dice to roll our way next turn.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wow, that was an intense turn.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Alright, the Mountain Lion's in 0919, hopefully shooting the Albatross in the back. I'm running it hot this turn in the hopes of double plasma hits on the Albatross completely screwing it since it's already overheating a bit. Also, thin rear armor and all that.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Orders are in, moving to 1620 and firing on that Anvil to hopefully put them down.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Hey PTN, I thought I read a while back that you were working on a Duncan Fischer story. Was it The Last Contender, or am I misremembering something?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Hey PTN, I thought I read a while back that you were working on a Duncan Fischer story. Was it The Last Contender, or am I misremembering something?

It was. Why do you ask?

VVV Ah, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Did he post it publicly?

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 6, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I just listened to George Ledoux's reading of it, and enjoyed it. It was a pretty good hour.

GeorgeLedoux
Aug 1, 2012

Yet again, any person foolish to face the Merc Man goes down in flames. He's the real deal, and he's just as good in the arena as he is in the field. He's even got his own fan club I hear.
Yep, I did that.
Here is where you can listen or download.
https://soundcloud.com/cussingeorge/the-last-contender-by-cody

PTN is a very talented writer and I was honored to read this as my first audiobook-style recording.
He did a great job of fleshing out a small background story centering around Duncan Fisher.
A lot of work, to be honest, but totally worth it as I loved the writing and story.
This was a labor of love for the Battletech/Mechwarrior community that has honored me with their support and love over the years.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hastilude: Tactical Update 7

The roar of an explosion jolted Sir Arthur Ryden from his semi-conscious fugue. White-hot shrapnel pinged from his armored transplex canopy and for a few instants his entire machine was wreathed in smoke. It took his concussion-addled mind a few moments to realize that it wasn’t his machine that’d exploded but instead the Clan Albatross.

A ragged cheer rose from his compatriots, although Arthur could tell most were too occupied with their own targets to celebrate for long. It was still gratifying to know that one of the Clanners had been the first to fall. It was perhaps the first true advantage the Knights had managed to seize in the conflict and even then Sir El-Hashem nearly spoiled it with his next words.

“drat, Varas isn’t moving. It looks like he and the Albatross killed each other.”

Combat Phase
Knights Albatross
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (6/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LB-10X AC (Slug) at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/20 armor, 6/10 structure remains)! Crit!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 28! -3 heat carries into the next turn!

Knights Wraith
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Wraith (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse = 9): Rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Wraith (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): Rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Wraith (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): Rolled 11, hit Center Torso (18/23 armor remains)!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 20! 3 heat carries into the next turn!

Knights Anvil
- Pilot Unconscious!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 24! -2 heat carries into the next turn!

Knights Orion
- Fires LB-10X AC (Cluster) at Clan Albatross (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Albatross (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Albatross (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Clan Albatross (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 12, 12 missiles hit Left Arm (16/21 armor remains), Right Leg (18/21 armor remains), Left Torso (22/24 armor remains)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 22! No heat carries into the next turn!

Knights Mountain Lion
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0920!
- Fires Variable Speed Large Pulse Laser at Clan Anvil (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 VSPL = 4): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (5/21 armor remains)!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Albatross (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Rear Right Torso (0/8 armor, 18/20 structure remains) and the Albatross gains 5 Heat! Crit!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Albatross (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (11/21 armor remains) and the Albatross gains 4 Heat!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 26! 6 heat carries into the next turn!

Clan Albatross
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1220!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Albatross (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (14/23 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Albatross (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (32/37 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Albatross (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Knights Albatross (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LB-10X AC (Cluster) at Knights Mountain Lion (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 secondary target - 1 Cluster = 6): rolled 8, 3 submunitions hit Head (1/3 structure remains (Pilot Hit! Crit!)), Center Torso (24/36 armor remains), Right Torso (13/25 armor remains)!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 28! 6 heat carries into the next turn! Overheating!

Clan Wraith
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1624!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Wraith (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20! -3 heat carries into the next turn!

Clan Anvil
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Albatross (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (15/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Albatross (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Albatross (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 24! 0 heat carries into the next turn!

Clan Orion
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0916!
- Fires LB-10X AC (Cluster) at Knights Orion (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 Cluster = 6): rolled 7, 8 submunitions hit Right Arm (20/21 armor remains), Left Leg (31/32 armor remains), Left Arm (20/21 armor remains), Left Torso (21/20 armor remains), Center Torso (35/36 armor remains), Right Arm (19/21 armor remains), Left Leg (30/32 armor remains (TAC!)), Center Torso (34/36 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 at Knights Orion (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 7, 20 missiles hit Right Torso (17/22 armor remains), Right Torso (12/22 armor remains), Right Torso (7/22 armor remains), Right Arm (14/21 armor remains)!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 22! No heat carries into the next turn!

Clan Grizzly
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 minimum range = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 minimum range - 2 Pulse Laser = 10): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (Damage Blocked by Terrain)! Which is fortunate because this was a TAC!
- Fires LRM-10 at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 minimum range = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 22! No heat carries into the next turn!

End Phase:
Clan Albatross
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - SRM-6 Ammo hit! Ammo explosion!
- - LRM-15 hit!
- - Engine hit!
- Ammo Explosion deals 156 damage to Right Torso (0/24 armor remains, 0/20 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- - C.A.S.E. engages! 114 damage harmlessly vented!

Clan Anvil
- Critical chance in Left Arm! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Shoulder Actuator hit!
- - Lower Arm Actuator hit!

Knights Anvil
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, wakes up!

Knights Orion
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Left Leg! 1 Critical hit sustained!
- - Foot actuator destroyed!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator hit = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Knights Mountain Lion
- Pilot hit! Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 2, fails!
- Critical chance in Head! No critical hit sustained!

Unit Status:

Knights of the Inner Sphere Mission Objectives:
- Win (incomplete)

Hastilude Enemy Movement Mods:
- Anvil – Stationary +0
- Wraith – Jumped +4
- Orion – Ran +1
- Grizzly – Jumped +2

Next Orders Due: Saturday Night!

Also: Check out George Ledoux’s reading of one of my short stories! It’s fantastic!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 6, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

C'mon Grizzly, just move a little bit closer now.

Don't mind the seemingly dead `Mech to your left.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Wait, negative heat? I assume this is just a carry over from a copy paste template.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Calax posted:

Wait, negative heat? I assume this is just a carry over from a copy paste template.

Heat carried over =/= the heat the `Mech is at.

I'm experimenting. This one's clearly a failure.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

First blood to the GoonKnights, even if it wasn't by taking down the mech that was expected. Still, removing an enemy unit is all to the good, and I guess The Gate did say that he was going to take shots at the rear armor of the Albatross in an attempt to take it out before he was taken out in return. That ammo did go up spectacularly, and even if the entire mech wasn't destroyed in the explosion, losing an entire torso and part of the engine contained within was enough to take it out. Removing that threat, especially with the weapons it was packing and the 2/3 pilot driving it this early, will go far in helping the GoonKnights come out on top, I would think.

Too bad it managed to land another pilot hit on the Mountain Lion before its ammo blew and slagged its engine, one more and the Mountain Lion is toast along with its pilot... Also managed to knock Varas unconscious, though only with a 5+ to wake up, which shouldn't be too bad. Clanners won't fire on an unconscious pilot, right? Though knowing the enmity that Clanners have for anything related to the Rim Worlds Republic, I'm wondering if they'll ignore that rule and try to end him for the glory of being the first to kill a Rim Worlds pilot in centuries, like they mentioned in the fluff at the beginning of this mission.

Anyway, focus fire on the Clan Anvil didn't do as much as I expected, though it still can't move anywhere and is stuck in the line of fire due to leg damage. While the other Clanners are moving into more threatening positions, I guess another turn firing on the thing wouldn't be wasted, if you guys don't expose yourself to flanking fire from the Clan Wraith and Orion.

I have a question, though: when are unconsciousness checks rolled anyway? The GoonKnights' Anvil was unconscious at the end of last turn, yet it was able to fire this turn, while you have the check being rolled in the End Phase of this turn. Since the End Phase is presumably at the end of a turn, after the Combat phase and all the shooting is done, did the Anvil wake up prior to that? Was the check rolled during the Movement phase and you just noted it during the End Phase comments for your own ease? Just something that was bothering me when I looked over the turn summary.

\/\/\/\/\/EDIT: So that's what it was. Thanks PTN, that will help my understanding of what actually happened this turn.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 6, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

The GoonKnights' Anvil was unconscious at the end of last turn, yet it was able to fire this turn

Typo fixed!

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Smashing job there on the Albatross. Let's try to put a few scratches on that Orion walking over, shall we? The Clanvil can't shoot at any targets in 1020 and further up-left as well. If our now-awake Anvil wanted to move over into that column, they could hit the damaged left side of the Clanvil. That Wraith is also a great target for your cluster shot.

Just noticed my Wraith has two standard medium lasers instead of two medium pulses, and the Clan TR1 also sports the same loadout. Alternate history version with more armor?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 6, 2014

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
gently caress yeah, lucky shots go! And I somehow lived! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Man, the Mountain Lion is pretty drat lucky to even be alive. This is a real nailbiter.

• Locked thread