Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

PoptartsNinja posted:

One of these years I'll actually be able to show off what a critical hit to Sensors or Life Support does.

Eh, who'm I kidding, it'll never happen.

Sensors hits are absolutely crippling. Watch your `Mech slowly lose a 1v1 fight against a Stinger with a damaged hip actuator or an Urbanmech.

Life Support crits aren't crippling. Unless you immerse your `Mech's head in water, then it's instantly lethal.
Never say never! Almost exactly three years ago, Engine Joe took two pilot hits when his life support got hit and the Death Commandos followed up with inferno SRMs.

Poetically enough, the Death Commando Atlas in Meltdown later took hits to life support and sensors!

Granted, both are fairly minor examples (in that they didn't end up affecting the outcome of the mechs in question all that much), but they are examples nonetheless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I think the winning tactic here is going to be to stop catching bullets with your faces.

We're going to have to have a stern talk with these dice during the half-time huddle.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Voyager I posted:

I think the winning tactic here is going to be to stop catching bullets with your faces.

We're going to have to have a stern talk with these dice during the half-time huddle.

Even with all that, we're still up a kill. Either of those head taps by LB-X pellets could have been a hit by anything else and just killed us, so I'll take it.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The dice are playing with you the way a cat teases a mouse it's about to devour. Sure, they could just throw some boxcars for that guass rifle and be done with you, but where there's the sport in that? Instead, they blow all the armor off your head without killing you just to show you that they can. Then they let you squirm and dance for a few turns under the gaze of an LBX that you both know could snuff you out on a whim, but that's not enough for them. It won't be until they see that glimmer of hope in your eyes, that belief, however fleeting, that yes, you're really going to stomp those clanners and get out of this with one point of head structure, that they'll finally put the methaphorical foot down and have you for lunch.

Basically what I'm saying is that your only chance of survival is to keep the dice entertained long enough to complete the mission without them noticing you're doing it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Gate posted:

Even with all that, we're still up a kill. Either of those head taps by LB-X pellets could have been a hit by anything else and just killed us, so I'll take it.

That's less helpful than you'd think when people don't send their orders in.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Welp.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sounds like the people with backup order powers should just start sending in moves ALL the time.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 13, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

:cripes: Oh for the love of

It's not that hard to PM a couple of sentences every couple of days, guys. Or even to give a heads up if you're busy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Would it be okay if the alternates start sending in "just in case" orders, regardless of circumstances?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hastilude: Tactical Update 9

A ball of plasma the size of a man struck the Clan Anvil in the side and burst, sending tongues of cloying flame spilling up the machine’s chest. The briefest touch was enough to etch armor and left exposed edges glowing an angry red-orange. Myomer bundles shriveled and melted in the heat and the Anvil’s endo-steel skeleton was white-hot on Varas’s thermals.

The Anvil’s torso gave way, and plasma mushroomed outwards a moment before molten metal and plastic compounds snuffed it out. Varas glowered, leveled his left arm and squeezed the trigger as hard as he was able. The force-sensitive controls in the trigger dialed his pulse laser up to maximum fire rate, and he drug his crosshairs in a line across the Anvil’s waist fully intending to cut the machine in half. Titanium-laced skeleton sublimed instantly to vapor as each hit delivered gigajoules of energy to an area smaller than a man’s hand. The beams were timed so the pause between each individual shot was long enough to let that molten armor vapor dissipate before the next pulse fired; and Varas held the trigger down until the Mountain Lion’s computer screamed an overheat warning in his mind and shut the weapon down before the control circuits could melt.

“Fall,” he muttered under his breath. “C’mon, you bastard. Fall!”

The Anvil tottered, its body shrieking as its torso gave way and twisted unnaturally. The machine deformed, armor plates buckling as the torso tipped backward. Varas cheered for a moment, as it looked like the machine was about to fall.

His cheer turned into a sputtering choke as the Anvil punched El-Hashem’s Albatross in the face.

Combat Phase
Knights Albatross
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse = 3): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (4/28 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (4/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LB-10X AC (Slug) at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (0/10 structure remains)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (5/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires SRM-6 at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 7, 5 missiles hit Center Torso (2/30 armor remains), Center Torso (0/30 armor remains), Left Leg (2/28 armor remains), Center Torso (18/20 structure remains (Crit!)), Left Torso (3/14 structure remains (Crit!))!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 28!

Knights Wraith
- No Orders Received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Knights Anvil
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (11/22 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (12/21 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (16/21 armor remains)!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24!

Knights Orion
- Fires NARC Launcher at Clan Wraith (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LB-10X AC (Cluster) at Clan Anvil (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Wraith (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (13/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Wraith (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Clan Wraith (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 6 minimum range = 15): automatic miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Clan Wraith (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 22!

Knights Mountain Lion
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0922!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Anvil (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/14 structure remains)! Clan Anvil gains 4 heat! Torso destroyed!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (12/20 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Variable Speed Large Pulse Laser at Clan Anvil (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 VSPL = 4): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (1/20 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Clan Anvil (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 4, Streak SRM-6 fails to lock on!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 26!

Clan Wraith
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Albatross (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 Pulse Laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (6/24 armor remains)!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Clan Anvil
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Anvil (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Rear Left Torso (0/7 armor, 12/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Anvil (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Rear Right Torso (2/7 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Anvil (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (22/28 armor remains)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 24!

Clan Orion
- Fires LB-10X AC (Slug) at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 4): rolled 6, hit Center Torso (23/36 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 minimum range = 6): rolled 11, 12 missiles hit Right Arm (9/21 armor remains), Center Torso (18/36 armor remains), Right Torso (4/22 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Orion (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (15/21 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Orion (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (13/36 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Knights Orion (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit Left Torso (17/21 armor remains), Right Arm (7/21 armor remains), Center Torso (11/36 armor remains), Right Arm (5/21 armor remains)!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 22!

Clan Grizzly
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (20/30 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (18/36 armor remains)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Mountain Lion (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22!

End Phase:
Clan Anvil
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 3 actuator damage = 8): rolled 10, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Medium Laser destroyed!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Knights Orion
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 actuator damage + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Knights Albatross
- Kicks Clan Anvil (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 kick = 4): rolled 2, miss!

Knights Anvil
- Punches Clan Orion with Both Arms (5 base + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Clan Anvil
- Punches Knights Albatross with Right Arm (3 base + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Clanner = 5): rolled 5, hit Head (3/9 armor remains (Pilot hit!))!

End Phase:
Knights Albatross
- Pilot hit! Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 missed kick = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Unit Status:

Knights of the Inner Sphere Mission Objectives:
- Win (incomplete)

Hastilude Enemy Movement Mods:
- Anvil – Walked +0
- Wraith – Jumped +4
- Orion – Walked +0
- Grizzly – Stationary +0

Next Orders Due: Saturday Night!

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
The dice refuse to be satiated until every goon pilot is broken and bloodied.

"You get a pilot hit! And you get a pilot hit! And you get a pilot hit!"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

:munch: What a trooper, staying up like that and dodging the CT-crits long enough to deliver a fist to the head.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
Well that's a bit hilarious. Anvil is down to 1 pt in the center, and 2 working weapon systems? Why do I have the sinking feeling it survives another round?

I got some armor stripped from the Orion at least, too bad nothing got focused on. One way or another I'm going to keep focusing on it. To bad I used up all of my rear armor this turn. Also, PTN, I think you forgot to bump up my heat total.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Get back here, Wales Grey! :argh:

Raised by Hamsters posted:

Well that's a bit hilarious. Anvil is down to 1 pt in the center, and 2 working weapon systems? Why do I have the sinking feeling it survives another round?

I got some armor stripped from the Orion at least, too bad nothing got focused on. One way or another I'm going to keep focusing on it. To bad I used up all of my rear armor this turn. Also, PTN, I think you forgot to bump up my heat total.

The Anvil was a zombie designed to soak up hits from its more dangerous, and more fragile, teammates. Thankfully it won't last another turn, but by soaking up so much fire, and drawing player aggro with some lucky hits, it's already done it's job. I'd leave one person to finish it off since you may as well, while the other starts working on another target. Or even split fire between it and something else, besides the Wraith none of the Clanners have a move mod and should be easy to hit.

Shame that TH 4 kick missed on a 2. Hot drat, the dice hate the GoonKnights. Seriously, just one guy with an untouched HD.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Well, next turn I guess I go for the Grizzly, since it's stationary and I can get to where it can't kick me, and can shank it's legs if I live. Which given PTN's extreme headshot fetish this map I don't expect, but hey! Anything could happen!

Plus, I figure I owe it to the scenario to try and get the Lion into combat with the Grizzly now that it seems nonless suicidal.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
For my part I think I'm going to be circling around the Orion to 1625 and blasting it again.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Anvil to 1625 and Orion to 1724 will put you all in great positions to pound on the clan orion some more. Albatross can finish off the Anvil, and Mountain Lion can shank from 0523. Only problem is the Wraith has a backshot on the ML from there, but I think at 9 hexes you're safe from the MPLs and it might even be 10 hexes to outrange the LPL? Not sure.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Wales could even jump to 1726 for more hurt on the Orion if he shows back up!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Get back here, Wales Grey! :argh:

I think he posted his orders in the thread, and then forgot to PM them to me. I couldn't find them (and didn't look especially hard) so I dunno.

It's not a big deal (yet) but Goonlance could really use his firepower!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Yep, thinking that I'll basically unload as per most recent round again into the Anvil from where I am and pray to the Gods of Battletech that I actually hit and kill the drat thing, allowing others to go after their respective targets.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Quad headcap knockout round coming in, and the Clanvil will still be standing. :getin:

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
It's so thoughtful of the Clans to install bay windows in all these 'Mech cockpits free of charge. And they say the Diamond Sharks Sea Foxes are too focused on profit!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I don't see the crit roll from the knights anvil?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Man, goons are looking pretty good. Unless, you know, someone so much as brushes any of their cockpits. Then the odds are suddenly evened.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Innerguard posted:

Yep, thinking that I'll basically unload as per most recent round again into the Anvil from where I am and pray to the Gods of Battletech that I actually hit and kill the drat thing, allowing others to go after their respective targets.

Actually, you might be able to get away with splitting your large laser fire and your LRMs at the Grizzly (who is exactly in the LRM sweet spot) to help the Mountain Lion. The LBX and SRM critseekers (and, hey, the MLs too) can probably take care of the Anvil since those do little damage each individual hit, but each hit has a really good chance of landing on the Anvil's CT. Especially since any attack that lands on the destroyed arm/torso will automatically transfer to the CT anyway.

Or hell, toss those large/pulse lasers at the Orion, there's not too many woods standing between the two of you and every little bit helps. Comedy option, at the Wraith.

You've got a lot of options, you don't necessarily need to pour everything into the Anvil. Either the Anvil dies and you won't have wasted your your fire shooting at someone who is already dead, or the Anvil miraculously survives and gets a nod for OpFor MVP like a champ. It's win/win if you ask me!

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I think he posted his orders in the thread, and then forgot to PM them to me. I couldn't find them (and didn't look especially hard) so I dunno.

It's not a big deal (yet) but Goonlance could really use his firepower!

My bad, I forgot the stricter 36 hour time-limit. Won't be happening again.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Actually, you might be able to get away with splitting your large laser fire and your LRMs at the Grizzly (who is exactly in the LRM sweet spot) to help the Mountain Lion. The LBX and SRM critseekers (and, hey, the MLs too) can probably take care of the Anvil since those do little damage each individual hit, but each hit has a really good chance of landing on the Anvil's CT. Especially since any attack that lands on the destroyed arm/torso will automatically transfer to the CT anyway.

This is what I'll be doing. MLs, SRM and LB-10X at the Anvil to hopefully finish it off, and LRM/ERLL at the Grizzly. I can get away with not moving, right?

e: Do I need to pass a piloting test if I kick, or was that solely because of the head damage last round?

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 15, 2014

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Innerguard posted:

This is what I'll be doing. MLs, SRM and LB-10X at the Anvil to hopefully finish it off, and LRM/ERLL at the Grizzly. I can get away with not moving, right?

e: Do I need to pass a piloting test if I kick, or was that solely because of the head damage last round?

Unless there's actuator damage, a piloting check is only required if you miss. I might be wrong (in one way or another) about the actuator damage.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My dice have heard your prayers! There were no headshots this turn!

It's all TACs instead

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

My dice have heard your prayers! There were no headshots this turn!

It's all TACs instead

And they all resulted in Triple Engine crits and/or ammo explosions.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Not all of them.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 17, 2014

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

Not all of them.
Calling it now: The Wraith gets a Leg Blown Off and the Orion takes a double Gyro hit.

eta: My bad, ammo explosion was already suggested. There unfortunately isn't a fifth Horrible Thing that can happen off TACs.

Bacon In A Wok fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 17, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Everyone loses all of their sensors and they have to open the cockpits and drive with their head out of the window.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Personally, I'm hoping a 'Mech manages to lose all four of its limbs in the same round.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hastilude: Tactical Update 10

“Hellfire, they got Mignon!” Sir Ryden exclaimed invectively, driving a balled fist into a secondary monitor. Mignon’s Orion toppled face-first to the ground, flames and unspent ammo jetting from the CASE hatch in the machine’s lower torso. The `Mech’s engine died with a whimper, and her machine went limp as its reinforced myomer musculature relaxed. She’d been lucky, if she’d fallen on her back her CASE would’ve proven ineffective and the explosion probably would’ve killed her.

Not that she’d feel that way for the next month or so. From personal experience, Ryden knew the worst part of an ammunition explosion was the neural feedback. He’d once described the experience to a newbie as being something akin to all the worst aspects of drinking: violent nausea, vertigo, and confusion all wrapped in a hangover headache so painful you could feel every beat of your heart through the bones in your skull. The reality paled in comparison, but the imagery had been something the young pilot could understand.

Ryden had made it through without any obvious brain damage and offered a silent prayer on Mignon’s behalf. He wasn’t an especially religious man, but she was a devout New Avalon Catholic. Probably the only one in the entire Free Worlds League, not that the Knights or Duncan Marik particularly cared. She’d joined the Knights to get away from the insanity that’d overtaken the leadership back in the Federated Suns and had proven capable enough to earn herself a spot. Ryden was also more than a little smitten with her Davvy-French accent.

He came about, twisting to aim a vengeful punch at Orion’s nearest shoulder—but the Clan pilot simply stepped out of the way with the contemptuous ease of a pilot who’d prepared for just such an attack and had already been moving to counter it. The Anvil’s armored fists struck nothing but air.

Combat Phase
Knights Albatross
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 4): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/20 structure remains)! `Mech Destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 4): rolled 8, hit Right Leg!
- Fires LB-10X AC (Slug) at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 4): rolled 11, hit Left Leg!
- Fires SRM-6 at Clan Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 4): rolled 8, 2 missiles hit Left Leg, Head!

- Fires ER Large Laser at Clan Grizzly (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 secondary target = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Clan Grizzly (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 secondary target = 6): rolled 12, 12 missiles hit Right Leg (22/27 armor remains), Left Leg (22/27 armor remains), Right Arm (20/22 armor remains)!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 28! Overheating!

Knights Wraith
- Target already destroyed!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Knights Anvil
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (12/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (14/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (9/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Clan Orion (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (11/21 armor remains)!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Knights Orion
- Target already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Knights Mountain Lion
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Grizzly (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (21/31 armor remains) and the target gains 1 heat!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Grizzly (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (10/22 armor remains) and the target gains 4 heat!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Clan Grizzly (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 12, 6 missile hit Left Torso (21/23 armor remains), Left Arm (20/22 armor remains), Center Torso (19/31 armor remains), Left Torso (19/23 armor remains), Right Torso (21/23 armor remains), Right Arm (8/22 armor remains)!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 26!

Clan Wraith
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1424!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (14/30 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Knights Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (3/28 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Knights Anvil (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (16/28 armor remains)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Clan Anvil
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Albatross (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 Pulse Laser = 1): automatic hit Left Arm (3/21 armor remains)! TAC!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Albatross (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (9/23 armor remains)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 24!

Clan Orion
- Fires LB-10X AC (Slug) at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (0/22 armor, 10/16 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (24/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (12/22 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 3): rolled 8, 3 missiles hit Left Leg (22/32 armor remains), Left Leg (20/32 armor remains), Right Torso (8/16 structure remains (Crit!))!
- Fires LRM-20 at Knights Orion (1 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 4 minimum range = 7): rolled 9, 12 missiles hit Center Torso (6/36 armor remains (TAC!)), Left Leg (15/32 armor remains), Center Torso (4/36 armor remains)!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 22!

Clan Grizzly
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0622!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 3): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (12/22 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 3): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (14/30 armor remains)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 3): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (12/15 armor remains)! TAC!
- Fires LRM-10 at Knights Mountain Lion (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 11, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (7/25 armor remains), Right Arm (21/22 armor remains)!

- Fires Gauss Rifle at Knights Albatross (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 secondary target = 6): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (0/21 armor, 4/16 structure remains)! Crit!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 22!

End Phase:
Clan Grizzly
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Knights Albatross
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - LB-10X Autocannon hit!
- - LB-10X Autocannon destroyed!

Knights Anvil
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

Knights Orion
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 1 actuator damage = 6): rolled 5, fails!
- - Suffers damage to Center Torso (0/36 armor, 22/23 structure remains (Crit!), Left Arm (13/21 armor remains) in the fall!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - LB-10X Autocannon hit!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - LB-10X Autocannon Slug Ammo hit!
- Ammo explosion does 90 damage to Right Torso (0/16 structure remains)! Torso destroyed! Pilot hit! Pilot hit! Engine destroyed! `Mech destroyed!
- - 82 damage vented by CASE!
- Through-Armor critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- - Engine hit!

Knights Mountain Lion
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): automatic success!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Knights Anvil
- Punches Clan Orion with Both Arms (5 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 3, miss!

Unit Status:

Knights of the Inner Sphere Mission Objectives:
- Win (incomplete)

Hastilude Enemy Movement Mods:
- Wraith – Jumped +4
- Orion – Walked +1
- Grizzly – Jumped +2

Next Orders Due: Tuesday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 17, 2014

BoxOfAids
Feb 22, 2013
PTN, I think you derped a bit on the status sheets, got them swapped... you've got the clan albatross showing a destroyed LBX10 instead of the knights albatross.

Also HAHAHA what a turn.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hastilude: Tactical Update 10

Probably the only one in the entire Free Worlds League, not that the nights or Duncan Marik particularly cared.

Knights, not nights.

Seconding the 'HAHAHA' comment, we're definitely entering the part of the fight where things get kind of teeense. :suspense:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Would adding contingency orders have helped not wasting turns on destroyed targets here?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Did... our Orion attempt to shoot the Anvil?

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what the hell to do for next turn, I'm not liking that I have two Clanners in kinda-close proximity. Suggestions? I guess I could move a hex or two and focus one - but which?

• Locked thread