Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm curious as to whether the selection of Wave B/C mechs that the players have available to them is limited to the mechs on the field, and if a really bitchin' assault gets headcapped, welp that's one mech they won't get to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

JT Jag posted:

I'm curious as to whether the selection of Wave B/C mechs that the players have available to them is limited to the mechs on the field, and if a really bitchin' assault gets headcapped, welp that's one mech they won't get to use.

Are the pilots trying to start their mechs up? Because if so these mechs like that Mad Dog that got a lance shoved into the cockpit....well that would be really horrifying.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

It'd be cool to get a rundown on all the clan mechs on the field actually.

I'll see what I can do once I get home, but most of them are Mad Dogs.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that star consists of a: Mad Dog, Summoner, Executioner, Crossbow, and Battle Cobra

You have no idea how disheartening this revelation is to me.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

You have no idea how disheartening this revelation is to me.

We'll see Burrocks later. Just, y'know.

In the hands of people who actually like Clan Burrock.

Edit: And, since you asked, here's the master key for all of the background machines! See if you can spot which `Mech I gave the wrong name for!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 16, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

We'll see Burrocks later. Just, y'know.

In the hands of people who actually like Clan Burrock.

Edit: And, since you asked, here's the master key for all of the background machines! See if you can spot which `Mech I gave the wrong name for!

Varangian Widowmaker. :colbert: We all know that Natasha is secretly hanging out in this camp for no particular reason.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nope, the Dire Wolf is still the Dire Wolf.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Timberwolf is supposed to be a Wolfspider in this timeline, right?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nope, they both exist. The Timber Wolf is just rare since only Clan Coyote uses it with any frequency. The Wolf Spider's a derivative machine.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
That Dire Wolf looks awesome.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Machine Writeups:
  • Warhammer IIC: It's a super-charged, super-sized Warhammer. It's good.
  • Viper A: Fast medium with a surprisingly large number of Clan ER-Medium lasers.
  • Timberwolf D: Dual Clan ER-PPCs and quad SSRM-6s blended with good armor and good speed. Half the SSRMs are rear-mounted, so keep that in mind.
  • Summoner C: Mobile heavy mech showcasing an Ultra AC-20. A brawler born and bred.
  • Stormcrow Prime: Medium widely considered to have an ideal balance of speed, armor, guns, and heatsinks. One of the best medium mechs.
  • Nova D: A long-range support unit with an LBX-5 and LRM-20 as its only armament. Has jump-jets.
  • Mad Dog C: Dual Gauss Rifle madness. Actually a pseudo-Rifleman IIC in this campaign, armed with quad Clan Large Pulse Lasers and an active probe.
  • Mad Dog Prime: Heavy missile boat. Has an impressive backup weapons array, but not a whole lot of armor.
  • Locust IIC 2: Many SSRM-2. Such speed. Wow. No armor.
  • Jenner IIC: See above, but with bigger missile racks, jump jets, and more armor.
  • Ice Ferret D: Fast medium with a boatload of Clan Medium Pulse Lasers. No jump-jets.
  • Hellbringer Prime: A heavy mech that traded protection for more guns in mainline Battletech, but has the maximum possible armor for its weight in this campaign, while keeping all the guns.
  • Griffin IIC: Lots of LRM-5s and a Clan ER-Large Laser on a jumping medium. Fights well at any range.
  • Executioner D: A startlingly agile assault brawler. Lots of Pulse Lasers, kind of an rear end in a top hat robot.
  • Vapor Eagle: A does-everything medium jumper. It's "okay".
  • Donar: A Clan ER Large Laser strapped to a rotor. Stay at range, never not shoot the laser.
  • Dire Wolf Prime: Carries more than half its weight in guns. Slow for a Clan 'mech, but is probably the single deadliest unit on the field.
  • Crossbow: I'm assuming this is a Crossbow Prime, it's got dual Clan LRM-20s to fire at range or shotgun dudes point blank. No jump jets.
  • Incubus 1/2: Fast lights with no jump jets, but a hefty dose of guns. The only difference between the two is that the Incubus 1 has a CLPL for its main gun, while the Incubus 2 has an ERPPC.
  • Clint IIC: It jumps, has decent armor and an okay armament. :geno: in robot form.
  • Batu: Medium Aerospace Fighter. I don't think anyone's piloting these?
  • Battle Cobra: Assuming this is a Battle Cobra Prime, it's got a pair of CLPLs and decent armor.
  • Commando IIC: See Jenner IIC. Put more missiles on it, give it a pair of lasers, and make it slower. No jump jets.
  • Ares: A tank. It has a laser and missiles. :effort:
  • Bane: All the Ultra Autocannon 2s. I like it a lot.

Is the mislabeled mech the Clint? It sprite looks kind of like a Hermes.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 16, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

quote:

Hellbringer Prime: A heavy mech that trades protection for more guns. All of the guns.

Many of PTN's front-line Omnis use advanced construction materials to patch holes. The Loki Hellbringer has maxed armor, and as I recall, the Blackhawk Nova moves 6/9/6. That sort of thing.

e: Oh, I forgot.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Delta [Mad Dog - TMM] Weapons and Ammo:
Large Pulse Laser – Right Arm
Large Pulse Laser – Left Arm
Large Pulse Laser – Right Torso
Large Pulse Laser – Left Torso
Active Probe – Center Torso
Double Heat Sink – Right Arm
Double Heat Sink – Left Arm
Double Heat Sink – Right Torso
Double Heat Sink – Right Torso
Double Heat Sink – Left Torso
Double Heat Sink – Left Torso

So, not Gauss.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 16, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, the Hellbringer has exactly enough room for max armor if you stick FF and Endosteel on it. It barely even adds to the cost of the chassis compared to that XL engine.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

The Merry Marauder posted:

Many of PTN's front-line Omnis use advanced construction materials to patch holes. The Loki Hellbringer has maxed armor, and as I recall, the Blackhawk Nova moves 6/9/6. That sort of thing.

Whoops, I forgot we were dealing with PTN-variant Clan Omnimechs. That turns the Hellbringer from "Okay" to "Quite Good".

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Wales Grey posted:

Machine Writeups:
[*]Vapor Eagle: It's "okay".

Look at how wrong this is!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Look at how wrong this is!

Yeah, there's a big difference between 'okay' and 'tarcomped jumpy fast clan pulse boat'. It'd be a credible phase 2 'mech.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Yeah, there's a big difference between 'okay' and 'tarcomped jumpy fast clan pulse boat'. It'd be a credible phase 2 'mech.

It has no better move mods than the Huntsman with less than half the mid to long range firepower. I disagree. And when you factor in its BV (which doesn't matter here but for most games) I'd say there are better options, either cheaper mechs with similar firepower or similarly costed mechs with greater firepower. To say nothing of the myriad minor design mysteries of the mech (why the 11th heat sink? It doesn't do anything!). Yes being 6/9/6 over 5/8/5 offers some advantages, but not nearly as much as the jump from, say, 4/6/4 to 5/8/5 or 6/9/6 to 7/11/7.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Shoeless posted:

(why the 11th heat sink? It doesn't do anything!).

What?

Shoeless posted:

Yes being 6/9/6 over 5/8/5 offers some advantages

It's 6/9/6 because it's a Phoenix Hawk IIC much more so than the "Phoenix Hawk IIC."

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

It's 6/9/6 and for long range it has a LPL, at short to midrange it has 3x MPLs. At long, that's 10 heat plus 6 for jumping at most, or 16 heat. At medium range, that's 12 for the MPLs and 6 for jumping, or 18. I suppose the SSRMs, if both hit, would create another 4 heat to hit the 22 heat cap, but it just doesn't seem like that's likely enough to consider. The only thing I can think of that fits is firing all the pulse lasers, large and medium, which would net you 22 heat... plus your movement.

In short, yes it can be useful if you're alpha striking, if you're overheating every point helps, but generally designs go for having enough sinks to cool their most heat-intensive bracket. I don't think the extra sink here is worth it. Hearing that it's meant to be an actual Pixie IIC makes the armament make sense, though I have to wonder at the use of SSRMs and MGs when they could have gone with Small Pulse Lasers for anti infantry.

It's not a bad mech, but I wouldn't call it much better than 'okay'. There's better machines out there if you want to pulse cheese and jump at range, and for this scenario especially when there's enough firepower and good enough gunnery on the opposition's side like this you generally want armor and endurance a bit more than speed. Heck, the fact that so far we haven't seen any VSPLs flying is lucky for the players, since that would neuter speed advantage too.

This is something you see in battletech, after a point speed becomes less useful and having more armor becomes more useful, since things like Targ Comps and pulse make it easier to land hits, and even fast mechs will take a few hits generally if you direct enough fire at it. Add in 2/3 enemy pilots and just.... yeesh.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

you generally want armor and endurance a bit more than speed

It's a good thing it's just a half-ton short of maximum armor for its weight then, yeah? It's one of the best second-line `Mechs the Clans have until much later.

Edit: Ahahaha, that went even better than I was expecting!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 16, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
When he laughs it means that something terrible happened.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Ahahaha, that went even better than I was expecting!

Huntsman headcapped on the first hit.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Zeroisanumber posted:

When he laughs it means that something terrible happened.

When he laughs, it means that Battletech happened.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
BattleTech has indeed happened.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

Bane: All the Ultra Autocannon 2s. I like it a lot.

Though I do indeed like the original Bane, I'd have liked the Bane III, simply for amusement value. Something with a higher BV than a Dire Wolf Prime that absolutely blankets the enemy with missiles? Sure, why not?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I did a quick mockup of the Kraken 3's cockpit, for those not "in the know"

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bane 3 is why everyone says clan LRMs are cheating.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dis astranagant posted:

Bane 3 is why everyone says clan LRMs are cheating.

That and every other mech with an LRM rack, yeah.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

These "one shot" weapon loadouts confuse me. Why would you ever want to invest the weight and crits for a weapon system but not bother to bring a reload? Surely in almost any circumstance you would want to toss a heatsink or ammo from another weapon instead to make room for more reloads.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Chronojam posted:

These "one shot" weapon loadouts confuse me. Why would you ever want to invest the weight and crits for a weapon system but not bother to bring a reload? Surely in almost any circumstance you would want to toss a heatsink or ammo from another weapon instead to make room for more reloads.

In this case it's because there's exactly one crit space left and someone didn't want to stick an mpl and a tiny bit more armor on there. It also serves as an ER ejection seat.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 16, 2014

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Chronojam posted:

It allows for the most outrageous damage output mechs possible thanks to One Shot SRM launchers. If properly used your mech explodes from overheating right after firing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You don't use oneshot SRMs for that, you use rocket launchers. A bunch of rocket launchers on a flatbed truck will kill just about anything. Or if you want purpose built stupidity you can make a 10/15 hovercraft with 13 RL20s and probably average about 90 damage in your one round of glory before charging someone for some stupid amount of damage.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 16, 2014

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well of course if you accept the use of those obscene contraptions that I absolutely have never used en masse to humiliate clan players, you can use rocket launchers.

There were also a few hilarious machine gun based designs posted in this thread but given their reliance on crit rolls rather than damage, I prefer to use light machine guns for the better range.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SIGSEGV posted:

There were also a few hilarious machine gun based designs posted in this thread but given their reliance on crit rolls rather than damage, I prefer to use light machine guns for the better range.

You're going to get a kick out of one of the Phase 3s

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

This makes me anticipate the end of this mission even more, even if I don't have any idea what you could be referring to. I'll just wait for it to show up, I guess.

And your previous comments about this turn update is making me anxious, I wanna see what craziness happened there... :f5:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I just wonder if the craziness means we'll be seeing a Phase 3 mech this turn...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

please tell me it's the BLOODFIST LNF-LD fool_of_sound made a while back :allears:

e: or the DEATHKILLER.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 16, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 7

Mechwarrior Tyrone hung from the arm of his Vapor Eagle like a leech clinging in futility to a turtle’s armored back. His feet hung useless beneath him as he kicked out for the dozenth time, trying to get some purchase with his leg before he fell six meters to the hard-packed sandy loam below. He’d been in the process of powering down his machine when the enemy had attacked—he could still feel the cacophonous hum of his BattleMech’s fusion engine—but he’d stepped out of the cockpit when the shooting had started; and been thrown from the machine’s shoulder by a nearby explosion.

He held his breath and hung still as another cloud of acrid, myomer-fueled smoke wafted past. The last thing he needed was to lose his grip and fall in a paroxysm of coughing; but he was running out of time. An enemy machine of a type he couldn’t identify had just rammed an eight-meter spear through the Star Colonel’s cockpit as the withered old man had struggled desperately to bring his machine’s massive engine back on line. This wasn’t a battle, Tyrone knew. It was an execution.

And so he swung, desperation giving strength to his wearying limbs, and finally managed to hook his leg over the barrel of the Vapor Eagle’s Large Pulse Laser. With all his might, his dark limbs strained as he clambered back onto the machine’s thin shoulders and practically fell into the waiting cockpit.

Combat Phase
One-Turn ACE Warhawk B
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1121
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Talon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (1/16 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Talon (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (7/12 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (9/16 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (15/22 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 8, hit Head (2/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System + 2 secondary target not in front arc - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (8/22 armor remains)! TAC!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 40!

ACE Talon
- Fires ER Small Laser at Mist Lynx B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (5/8 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Mist Lynx B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Mist Lynx B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (1/4 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Mist Lynx B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Mist Lynx B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/4 armor, 2/4 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Light PPC at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 5): rolled 10, hit Rear Center Torso (but the target is immune to damage this turn)!
- Fires Light PPC at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 5): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (but the target is immune to damage this turn)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 22! Overheating! ACE!

Mist Lynx B
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Talon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Talon (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (0/16 armor, 2/8 structure remains)! Crit!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Wolf Spider B
- Fires ER PPC at Talon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (0/16 armor, 2/8 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Talon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (0/12 armor, 3/6 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Talon (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (0/6 structure remains)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (0/12 armor remains)!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Arctic Cheetah
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Stinger (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Stinger (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (1/8 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-5 at Stinger (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at Stinger (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Huntsman A
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 3 Light Woods - 2 Pulse Laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LB 2-X Autocannon at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 3 Light Woods = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 3 Light Woods = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Assault
- Holds fire!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 32!

Thug
- ???
- Gains ?? heat, sinks 34!

Longbow
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires TAG at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 12, hit!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 26!

Longbow
- Holds fire!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 36!

Excalibur
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV indirectly at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 0 firing indirectly at TAGged target = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Holds fire!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 28!

Chameleon
- Fires Large Laser at Warhawk Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Warhawk Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (but the target is immune to damage this turn)!
- Fires TAG at Warhawk Prime (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 11, hit!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 22! Overheating! ACE!

Crab
- Fires ER Large Laser at Warhawk Prime (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Warhawk Prime (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (but the target is immune to damage this turn)!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 36!

Hunchback
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Bobcat
- Charges PPC Capacitor!
- Fires Light PPC at Mist Lynx B (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 8): rolled 12, hit Center Torso (0/8 structure remains)! Mech destroyed!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 24!

Stinger
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1323!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

End Phase:
Chameleon
- Pilot hit! Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 3 gyro hit + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 6, fails!
- Suffers 5 damage to Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remains) in the fall! Mech destroyed!

Talon
- Critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Leg! Leg blown off! Mech destroyed!

Physical Combat Phase:
Bobcat
- Attacks Nova D with Lance (3 base + 0 movement - 4 immobile target = -1): automatically hit Head (0/3 structure remains)! Mech destroyed!

Black Knight
- Punches Griffin IIC with both hands (3 base + 2 movement - 4 immobile target = 1): automatically hit Head (2/9 armor remains), Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remains)! Mech destroyed!

Coyote
- Attacks Kraken with Lance (3 base + 2 movement - 4 immobile target = 1): automatically hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remains)! Mech destroyed!

Arrow IV Counter: 1 Turns

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a weaker Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 1 Objectives:
- Die Gloriously!

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (3/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (3/3 remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (60/84 tents remaining)
- Defend Clan Equipment (24/36 units remaining)

Enemy Status:
Stinger –Structure damage
Hunchback – Armor damage
Longbow – Structure damage! Pilot injured!
Crab – Armor penetrated

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Unknown Assault +1
- Longbow +0
- Longbow +0
- Thug +1
- Black Knight +1
- Excalibur +1
- Coyote +1
- Hunchback +0
- Crab +0
- Bobcat +3
- Stinger +4

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 18, 2014

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Time to make that TAG count!

Also that poor chameleon pilot, that's a really battletech way to go.

• Locked thread