Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Did they ever fix that bug with streaks in MWO? Do goons even still play that game anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There is a thread on the WoL forums right now as we discuss disbanding and scrapping the forums because nobody is using them or playing.

Hope that Warhawk wasn't hoping to use that Right Leg for anything.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Did you change the damage on Snub-nosed PPCs, Poptarts, or am I missing a hit somewhere? It looks like the charged Heavy PPC dropped the leg to 15 armor, and then I don't see any hit between that and the Snub hitting it and dropping it to zero. It's not listed as charged, so wouldn't it only do 10 damage, leaving the leg with 5 armor?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

And PTN's dice said gently caress YOU to the Excalibur plan. At least it has 2 open rear torsos and half as many guns as before.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Lord Koth posted:

Did you change the damage on Snub-nosed PPCs, Poptarts, or am I missing a hit somewhere? It looks like the charged Heavy PPC dropped the leg to 15 armor, and then I don't see any hit between that and the Snub hitting it and dropping it to zero. It's not listed as charged, so wouldn't it only do 10 damage, leaving the leg with 5 armor?

It was charged.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Beautiful maneuvering
Seems like the Clanners have gotten the first wave somewhat under control now (circa 120 versus 70 damage, but no objectives destroyed by the Rim Worlders), but will need to retain as much strength as possible for the next wave. With some of those horrible to-hits from the effective Clanner maneuvers some of the less well-positioned Trouts might want to just focus on long walks over tents ending up in front of still immobile targets, or taking out those trailers depending on how important they are.

Going to be quite vital whether the Warhawk B survives as an effective force or not, with that open leg the ablative armor has done its job well as long as nothing further happens to it.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 21, 2014

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Oh lord, I could try to DFA on the Longbow or the Black Knight. :psyduck:

I'm still trying to figure out why that Excalibur didn't move. Trying to keep the +3 while it's being shot in the back?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

berryjon posted:

Oh lord, I could try to DFA on the Longbow or the Black Knight. :psyduck:

I'm still trying to figure out why that Excalibur didn't move. Trying to keep the +3 while it's being shot in the back?

That's technically true, yes! Welcome to the great Mario temptation. Until the match is done, it will be your constant companion.

Regarding the Excalibur, keeping still is probably the safest thing it could do. It's not like Artificer can exploit his open backside right now since, for the Goshawk, staying in place is basically suicide right now.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ultimatum: Tactical Update 8

His blood ran cold mind as he ran through a thousand possibilities.

Looks like you changed the sentence at some point but left an old part in.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Horrible rolling by the Warhawk and Vapor!

On my end of the map I'm quite happy. Taking away one of the Crabs weapons was the minimum result I was hoping for, and despite the lack of crits he's wide open for a kill in the turn after next.

I have two options that I'm considering;

A. Moving out of line of sight of the Stinger and Crab (possibly firing indirectly?) and setting up for the next turn.

B. Moving into the 6-7 hex range of the Stinger (from which I have a huge firing advantage) and out of sight of the Crab and opening up. The problem is the +5 to hit from cover and movement, which would make it difficult (probably 12s for the ER MLs and 10s for the LRMs). Even a single hit could be highly effective, but the Stinger would still have a decent chance of connecting with his ER ML

Kial fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 21, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Given how devastating the Arrow IV was I'd say the best thing to do would be to try to preserve your TAG for as long as possible. Like PTN said earlier there's no guarantee your Phase 2 unit will have it, whilst at least one Rim Worlder mech still does. The last thing you want is one of those things coming down on your own units.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I implied it to try to encourage TAG use, but Arrow IVs have IFF and won't hit friendlies :ssh:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I love the idea of Clanners freaking out because their infallible bullshit missiles missed.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:allears: That Vapor Eagle Action, Second favorite mech in existence.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
gently caress. :negative: Well, into the forest I go!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Kial posted:

Horrible rolling by the Warhawk and Vapor!

On my end of the map I'm quite happy. Taking away one of the Crabs weapons was the minimum result I was hoping for, and despite the lack of crits he's wide open for a kill in the turn after next.

I have two options that I'm considering;

A. Moving out of line of sight of the Stinger and Crab (possibly firing indirectly?) and setting up for the next turn.

B. Moving into the 6-7 hex range of the Stinger (from which I have a huge firing advantage) and out of sight of the Crab and opening up. The problem is the +5 to hit from cover and movement, which would make it difficult (probably 12s for the ER MLs and 10s for the LRMs). Even a single hit could be highly effective, but the Stinger would still have a decent chance of connecting with his ER ML

I'd say you may as well go for glory now. Yes, you may lose the chance to get the Arrows if you don't have a TAG mech for phase 2, but 40 damage every 3 turns from it doesn't seem like that good a tradeoff considering what your phase 2 mech could bring.. Now I'm not saying you should just sit and let yourself get shot, but personally I wouldn't make survival the highest priority anymore. Getting in as much damage as you can would rate higher. Just my views on the matter.

Artificer posted:

gently caress. :negative: Well, into the forest I go!

You still opened its rear pretty nice! And took out roughly half its firepower. It's also open for damage from anyone else as well, I think you did pretty good. You can't control the dice rolls, so don't stress about it too much. Good luck in double teaming the rest of the southern NRWR forces with the Huntsman! :patriot:

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 21, 2014

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

DatonKallandor posted:

I love the idea of Clanners freaking out because their infallible bullshit missiles missed.

Got an hit on the Angel ECM, guess it's no longer working now?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Got a hit on an Angel ECM

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Got a hit on an Angel ECM

What PTN means by this is that a mech's ECM projects a circle (well, a sphere, I guess) of Electronic Counter Measures which affect all enemy firing within that zone. These zones can overlap. So, while the mech you hit's Angel ECM is down, it may still be covered by another mech's ECM zone.

Not coincidentally, this is why a lance or star of mechs often only includes one or two with ECM. You don't need to put it in every mech, to get some ECM protection for your forces. Additional ECM units give you more battlefield coverage and redundancy, so it's not bad to have more, but there are diminishing returns, especially if your units tend to fight in a close formation.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's the true value of the stock Hellbringer (and why it's such an ubiquitous machine). It's the designated ECM-carrier for heavy Stars, and tends to get used as a C&C unit.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

PoptartsNinja posted:

I implied it to try to encourage TAG use, but Arrow IVs have IFF and won't hit friendlies :ssh:

Ahh, but does that hold true while the target is under the effects of ECM? :getin:

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Preechr posted:

Ahh, but does that hold true while the target is under the effects of ECM? :getin:

Going by RAW, yes.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Leperflesh posted:

What PTN means by this is that a mech's ECM projects a circle (well, a sphere, I guess) of Electronic Counter Measures which affect all enemy firing within that zone. These zones can overlap. So, while the mech you hit's Angel ECM is down, it may still be covered by another mech's ECM zone.

Not coincidentally, this is why a lance or star of mechs often only includes one or two with ECM. You don't need to put it in every mech, to get some ECM protection for your forces. Additional ECM units give you more battlefield coverage and redundancy, so it's not bad to have more, but there are diminishing returns, especially if your units tend to fight in a close formation.

Well, crap :3: Any idea on who's carrying the other/s?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Literally every Trout has ECM and it's entirely possible that they're all packing Angel ECM instead of the standard Guardian model. Void Sig requires ECM.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

That Italian Guy posted:

We need empirical data. Kill everyone until ECM stops being a problem.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Also disabling ECM prevents a mech from using Void Sig, so that Bobcat won't be disappearing anytime soon.

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Does TAG do anything other than spot Arrow IVs? Because OpFor is firing them too, and I wouldn't expect we'd get to see any OpFor Arrow IV timers :D

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
TAG is part of the Semi-Guided LRM package that the Longbow had been using.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Literally every Trout has ECM and it's entirely possible that they're all packing Angel ECM instead of the standard Guardian model. Void Sig requires ECM.

It does, but I think that while ECM is being used to generate a Void Sig effect (or stealth effect for stealth armor) it doesn't function as ECM, so as long as they have void sig on I think the ECM won't work as normal, and with the ECM critted the void sig can't function.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's not in the RAW.

VVV That isn't what he was referring to, he was suggesting that when the Void Signature System is on that the ECM didn't function as ECM, which isn't true. And again, please avoid any rulebook copypasta.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 22, 2014

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's not in the RAW.
I believe a crit to the ECM suite disables the void system, if that's what you're referring to.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Void_Signature_System

The void signature system does not weigh a significant amount by itself. However, it does require an ECM suite to be installed to function. The system takes up one critical slot in each of the 'Mech's hit locations except for the head, for a total of seven critical slots. A critical hit to any of these slots (including the ECM suite) will disable the entire system.

e: I think I missed the point, once again :v:
e2: double :v:

Baudin fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 23, 2014

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's not in the RAW.

My bad. I assumed it was similar to Stealth Armor in that respect, that while Stealth is active, the ECM does not function as ECM. But you're right, Void Sig doesn't say anything about the ECM not functioning as normal while Void is active.

Well then. The path is clear, Goontrinary. You'll just have to kill them all! :black101:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

If I jumped down to 1447 and shot the Longbow with its back facing me two hexes away, how many weapons can I fire without overheating? Everything except the large laser, right?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Artificer posted:

If I jumped down to 1447 and shot the Longbow with its back facing me two hexes away, how many weapons can I fire without overheating? Everything except the large laser, right?

Actually if you include the 5 heat you had going into the turn those Streaks would put you back over your sink limit. Admittedly it would still be lower than your current heat even if both hit, so it's a net heat loss.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

please avoid any rulebook copypasta.

Is it really copy-pasting from rulebooks, if the rules are publicly view-able on the wiki?

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Jumping there would give you five heat from the jump and sixteen heat from weapons fire. That's twenty-six heat once you account for the five remaining from last turn. You'll still be slightly over-heated come next turn. If the Streaks miss, you'll be at two or even zero. If you absolutely must be heat-neutral next turn for your future plans, drop a laser or both Streaks. I would drop the Streaks, as the laser has the better chance to hit and you're firing through multiple woods hexes. I'd still fire everything, though. Jump jets are your friends down there, and they aren't affected by heat penalties.

Alternate notion: jump to 2039 and tag-team the other Longbow with the Huntsman, if it's heading for cover up there. It can reach 2339 or 2439 and get some partial cover bonuses from the ridge while it pot-shots down at the Longbow. If it drops a pulse laser from its fire this turn, it'll reduce its heat to two (fifteen firing plus five jump plus six carry-over minus twenty-four dissipation). Or it can drop the LRM and AC to only gain one point of heat.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Might be some fireworks this turn.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 9

“I do not recall inviting freebirth solamha garbage-warriors to this fight,” Star Colonel Kuro Maine grumped as he took a short hop up a low hill for a better vantage. So far, he found these Rim World barbarians unimpressive. Their skill at hiding was impressive but when faced with an enemy head-on they seemed to go completely mad. As if to prove his point, one of the enemy Longbows dropped its broad shoulders and charged—it could’ve kept him at a distance and tried to strike at him with missiles but the pilot seemed more intent on attacking with the array of light lasers backing the large laser that took up most of the machine’s head.

Kuro Maine raked the machine with his Large Pulse Lasers, nearly stripping the assault-weight machine’s thin armor. It staggered, and scored a lucky hit with its own large laser. Kuro didn’t even bat an eyelash; he could string these Rim Worlders along for days. They’d already abandoned their objectives to hunt him down. Well, the Sea Fox was used to being hunted and like his Clan’s namesake Kuro Maine knew precisely how to deal with hunters.

“They’re shooting us,” the Freebirth Mechwarrior had the temerity to respond, raising Kuro Maine’s estimation of his bravery a notch—even as the Star Colonel’s respect for the other man’s sense diminished so much it would’ve taken an electron microscope to find were it a physical object.

The freebirth continued to dig, “I’d rather die fighting than get gunned down huddling in a tent.”

“Then fight like a warrior,” Maine hissed. “Not some effete duelist.”

“Destroying the arms is the swiftest way to disable an enemy machine,” the Freebirth—Kuro didn’t care enough to check a secondary monitor for the other pilot’s name—insisted.

“These are not OmniMechs, imbecile. And the swiftest way to disable this Rim World trash is to kill the enemy pilots. If you are going to assist, then stop wasting time and start slaughtering this scum.”

Combat Phase
ACE Bobcat
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (drained) at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heat = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (16/26 armor remains)!
- Fires Light PPC at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 3 minimum range + 1 heat = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Warhawk B
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (3/18 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (6/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/13 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/18 armor, 8/11 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (4/11 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, Streak SRM-6 fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Right Leg (1/18 armor remains), Right Arm (1/7 structure remains (Crit!)), Center Torso (4/14 structure remains (Crit!)), Center Torso (2/14 structure remains (Crit!)), Right Leg (0/18 armor, 10/11 structure remains (Crit!)), Left Arm (5/7 structure remains (Crit!))!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 38 heat, sinks 40!

Vapor Eagle
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/9 armor, 13/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Longbow (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (6/13 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Longbow (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 8, hit Rear Center Torso (3/10 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Longbow (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (6/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Machine Gun at Longbow (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Longbow (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Longbow (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Longbow (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Longbow (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 8, Streak SRM-2 fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Longbow (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 7, Streak SRM-2 fails to lock-on!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

Wolf Spider B
- Fires ER PPC at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (0/14 structure remains)! Mech destroyed!
- Fires ER PPC at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Arctic Cheetah
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 12, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (1/12 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires LRM-5 at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Huntsman A
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (6/18 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (1/21 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-10 at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Thug
- Charges PPC Capacitor!
- Charges PPC Capacitor!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 34!

Longbow
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (21/24 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires TAG at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 26!

Longbow
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1145!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV (Artemis) at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1946!
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 3 light woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 3 light woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 3 light woods = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 36!

Excalibur
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (10/25 armor remains)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 28!

Crab
- Fires ER Large Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (0/7 armor, 4/5 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 36!

Hunchback
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Stinger
- Holds fire
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

End Phase:
Longbow
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hit sustained!

Crab
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!

Longbow
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 4, succeeds!

Arrow IV Counter: 1 Turn

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a weaker Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 1 Objectives:
- Die Gloriously!

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (3/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (3/3 remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (55/84 tents remaining)
- Defend Clan Equipment (24/36 units remaining)

Enemy Status:
Stinger –Structure damage
Hunchback – Armor damage
Longbow – Structure damage! Pilot injured!
Crab – Armor penetrated

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Unknown Assault +0
- Longbow +0
- Longbow +1
- Thug +1
- Black Knight +0
- Excalibur +0
- Coyote +0
- Hunchback +0
- Crab +0
- Stinger +4

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So, is anything currently TAGed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Didn't get the Longbow. Oh well. Time to go back and help with the other Longbow the Huntsman is fighting.

• Locked thread