Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm kind of curious as to what Kial's phase 2 is gonna be.

An Ebon Jaguar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

Yeah, I'll try to move to a good location to shoot on the Thug while trying to avoid fire from the unknown assault. Do you guys think it would be a better idea to try and force the enemy to split fire between the warhawk and me?

You have the option of moving to 0825 for partial cover, but getting out of there afterward probably means stomping on your own tents or running back north into the waiting guns of an unknown friend. It's a great firing position now, but it feels like it really restricts your options going forward.

Kial posted:

At the same time we probably don't want to give them easy shots. Depends I guess.

Understanding that dilemma is why your robot isn't in bits and pieces!

Your to-hits on the Crab aren't going to be great because of Void Sig, but the Thug is much more vulnerable. You could, for example, run to 1423 and get off a TAG at short range. 3 base, 2 running, 1 target movement, and that applies to all the other guns, too. That's some good odds, but the Thug will have reasonable return fire against you in return (8, I believe). Or, you could run to 1924 and end facing directly south for shot at 8 against the Crab (effective target move mod of 3 due to Void Sig). Anybody else see good options for these guys?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

An Ebon Jaguar

Hopefully the B variant for maximum "You're generating HOW much heat!? :stonklol: "

also because it still has a tag

e: I'd also absolutely TAG move up to TAG the thug. Removing Heavy PPCs and Gauss rifles from the field is probably the best thing you can do. The mechs down south are just going to have to do some more dancing while cooling down this turn probably. They're both overheating rather badly at this point.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 25, 2014

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

GenericServices posted:

Your to-hits on the Crab aren't going to be great because of Void Sig, but the Thug is much more vulnerable. You could, for example, run to 1423 and get off a TAG at short range. 3 base, 2 running, 1 target movement, and that applies to all the other guns, too. That's some good odds, but the Thug will have reasonable return fire against you in return (8, I believe). Or, you could run to 1924 and end facing directly south for shot at 8 against the Crab (effective target move mod of 3 due to Void Sig). Anybody else see good options for these guys?

Spoiler alert! I'm shooting the Thug and my orders are exactly that, move to hex 1423 using a 7 hex route. Hitting the TAG on 7s instead of 8s is a massive difference ... and if I shoot the Crab and miss the TAG I'm highly unlikely to kill it given that I'm on its mainly undamaged right side. So, alpha striking the Thug with the rest of the team!

The Ebon Jaguar .... maybe a PTN special?

Kial fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 25, 2014

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cauldron_Born <--- One of these, who knows what the config will be though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A UAC 20 would be pretty funny for annihilating lights with.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

goatface posted:

A UAC 20 would be pretty funny for annihilating lights with.

UAC 20 is hilarious in all situations, especially when you snake eyes and it goes *click*.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I'm kind of curious as to what Kial's phase 2 is gonna be.

PoptartsNinja posted:

An Ebon Jaguar

Balls. I was hoping for a Dire Wolf of some flavor (Prime, A, and most of the customs are all pretty nasty). Oh well. Someday we'll see one of these things on the field.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

We saw one in the Rasalhague mission. Also Cauldron-Borns are really good so you should be happy.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'd have loved to see a Dire Wolf in player hands, particularly in a battle like this, but Cauldron Borns are beautiful 'mechs. They have the usual clan fast heavy speed (Same as the Timber Wolf/Spider, Summoner, Hellbringer and Mad Dog) and a very, very nice array of weapons on most models. The dual headcapper/pulse boat one is fun, but would be an object lesson in heat management.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

We saw one in the Rasalhague mission. Also Cauldron-Borns are really good so you should be happy.

That was so long ago I had forgotten it even existed. I was wondering how we got the alt read out for it. And yes, the Cauldron-Born is a solid mech all around, I'm just partial to the Dire Wolf as I started playing with MechWarrior 2 and I was like 13 so all I did was put as many PPC's as I could on one of those things. It was awful and I loved it.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Cauldron-Borns are awesome because you can stick two Gauss Rifles on one in MW4 Mercs and still have enough tonnage left for a few lasers/missiles and some armour.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

I'd have loved to see a Dire Wolf in player hands, particularly in a battle like this, but Cauldron Borns are beautiful 'mechs. They have the usual clan fast heavy speed (Same as the Timber Wolf/Spider, Summoner, Hellbringer and Mad Dog) and a very, very nice array of weapons on most models. The dual headcapper/pulse boat one is fun, but would be an object lesson in heat management.

That one's the one with the TAG, so you could fire some of your weapons one turn, FIRE EVERYTHING on the second, then fire nothing but the TAG on the third while you cool, keeping up a constant barrage of damage without crippling yourself. It'd be pretty rad.

Or it's a Thread Special Variant and it'll have full ATM 12 racks or something crazy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'll be the underwater variant, just to gently caress with us.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cauldron_Born <--- One of these, who knows what the config will be though.

The H variant would be pretty amusing. So much potential heat and damage.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yea, personally I would love the hell out of the H variant with all heavy lasers and UAC/20 power. I don't remember if our AU Clans have Heavy lasers yet though. Did Tjirs Amirault's Gargoyle have them?

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

goatface posted:

It'll be the underwater variant, just to gently caress with us.

It's funny now, but one day those players might want to be in hex 2034 and then who'll be doing the laughing?!

(still you because it is only one level of water)

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Gwaihir posted:

Yea, personally I would love the hell out of the H variant with all heavy lasers and UAC/20 power. I don't remember if our AU Clans have Heavy lasers yet though. Did Tjirs Amirault's Gargoyle have them?

He had a Heavy Large Laser, and yes it was absolutely devastating.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

You know what I'd have loved to see in player hands?

The Executioner. It's not got a lot of firepower (except in the A version), but it's phenomenally fast for a 95-ton brick and has a pretty good amount of armor.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Executioner_%28Gladiator%29

(also look at the BV on Config G. Seriously. What.)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Going to 2047 and firing on the Black Knight. No Large Pulse Laser, all but one Medium Pulse Laser. Everything else. Assuming everything hits, I should still be at -1 movement penalty (irrelevant), and 0 to-hit penalties.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MJ12 posted:

A streak LRM15 does sound pretty silly.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

IIRC the streak LRMs only take up as much weight and space as a standard Inner Sphere LRM launcher, too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MJ12 posted:

You know what I'd have loved to see in player hands?

The Executioner. It's not got a lot of firepower (except in the A version), but it's phenomenally fast for a 95-ton brick and has a pretty good amount of armor.

Linking a bunch of guns to a TC gets expensive in a hurry.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
There's a reason the Executioner is the most expensive non-experimental BattleMech.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

The 400xl engine doesn't help either.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

IIRC the streak LRMs only take up as much weight and space as a standard Inner Sphere LRM launcher, too.

Which is really not at all worth it. Pay 2x as much to get all your missiles to hit, lose indirect fire ability, lose the ability to fire alternate munitions. And by the time it starts seeing more common usage, Artemis V is out. Why yes, I would rather pay 5 tons for an LRM 15 with Artemis V rather than for a Streak LRM 10, considering the Artemis launcher gets -1 to hit (It's a targeting computer for your missiles!) and +3 on the cluster table. Which means that at a minimum it will hit with 9 missiles, and roughly half the time or more it hits with 12+ missiles, doing more damage than the Streak 10.

Granted, you tend to spend an extra ton on ammo since you're not Streak, but still. I think the choice is an easy one to make.

raverrn posted:

The 400xl engine doesn't help either.

380xl, but yeah.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Shoeless posted:

Which is really not at all worth it. Pay 2x as much to get all your missiles to hit, lose indirect fire ability, lose the ability to fire alternate munitions. And by the time it starts seeing more common usage, Artemis V is out. Why yes, I would rather pay 5 tons for an LRM 15 with Artemis V rather than for a Streak LRM 10, considering the Artemis launcher gets -1 to hit (It's a targeting computer for your missiles!) and +3 on the cluster table. Which means that at a minimum it will hit with 9 missiles, and roughly half the time or more it hits with 12+ missiles, doing more damage than the Streak 10.

Granted, you tend to spend an extra ton on ammo since you're not Streak, but still. I think the choice is an easy one to make.

380xl, but yeah.

You forget to consider space restrictions. A streak LRM-10 is two crit slots, while an LRM-15+Artemis V is 4 crit slots.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

landcollector posted:

You forget to consider space restrictions. A streak LRM-10 is two crit slots, while an LRM-15+Artemis V is 4 crit slots.

True, on the other hand Clan mechs generally don't have as much concern with crits due to their weapons and equipment taking less slots, ES and FF and XL as well. While I"ll agree there's some times where crits get tight, it's generally with energy-heavy designs trying to fit more DHS and those tend to not be as concerned with missiles. Though that's just my own experience with them. If you need the crits, then yes I can see using Streaks, but if crits aren't an issue I'd go for Artemis V on any LRM 15 or 20s over Streaks.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 10

“Ignore the freebirth, Star Colonel,” Star Commander Thresher said dismissively, trying to calm the situation. “He fights as best as he has been taught. It is not as though you need skill to kill bandit-caste offal.”

He dropped his crosshairs over the vague outline of the Thug. At such range the shot would have been difficult normally, especially against a moving target. Against a machine Thresher could barely see, the shot was nearly impossible—doubly so, when the actinic flash of PPC fire struck one of the Snow Raven command vehicles. His hands shifted on the controls, and his shots went wide.

The mobile command centers were a hundred tons of armor and communications equipment wrapped around a small-scale HPG. They were tough but hardly invulnerable and even though the machines weren’t necessary for the war effort, but they did enable near-instantaneous communication with any WarShips not orbiting directly overhead. Without them, the Snow Ravens would find coordinating their aerospace assets extremely difficult and that would put Sea Fox Mechwarriors in jeopardy.

His gaze settled on the vague, beetle-shaped outline of the attacker. It was a massive machine, undoubtedly as heavy as the command vehicles themselves. Although it was hard for Thresher to judge the firepower of any Inner Sphere unit, he expected they probably had comparable firepower but the Rim Worlder had far more armor coverage. Even the machine’s shape was unnerving—it looked far too much like an OmniMech for his liking.

A flash of movement over the enemy machine’s shoulder drew his attention—an enemy unit with a form that was distinct, visible, and tiny. “Enemy Locusts inbound,” he swept the horizon with his eyes, “At least a lance.”

Combat Phase
Warhawk B
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Thug (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (24/39 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (18/25 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (18/25 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (18/25 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (11/25 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 12, hit Left Torso (18/25 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Bobcat - Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Right Arm (16/25 armor remains), Right Leg (30/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Bobcat - Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 6, fails to lock on!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (25/32 armor remains)!
- Gains 43 heat, sinks 40!

Vapor Eagle
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Knight (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (17/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Knight (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (22/29 armor remains)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Black Knight (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Black Knight (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Black Knight (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Black Knight (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Black Knight (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 8, fails to lock on!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Black Knight (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 6, fails to lock on!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 22!

Wolf Spider B
- Fires ER PPC at Thug (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (3/25 armor remains)!
- Fires ER PPC at Thug (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Thug (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Arctic Cheetah
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1422!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thug (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Thug (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (17/39 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-5 at Thug (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-5 at Thug (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires TAG at Thug (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Huntsman A
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 heat - 2 Pulse Laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Longbow (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 heat = 10): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Left Torso (14/18 armor remains)!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Assault
- Fires Light PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 1): automatically hit Rear (87/97 armor remains)!
- Fires Light PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 1): automatically hit Rear (77/97 armor remains)!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 32!

Thug
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1320!
- Fires Heavy PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 Heavy PPC + 1 Void Signature System + 1 minimum range = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Heavy PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 Heavy PPC + 1 Void Signature System + 1 minimum range = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System - 2 Pulse Laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (22/28 armor remains)!
- Gains 44 heat, sinks 34! Overheating! ACE!

Longbow
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2143!
- Fires Large Laser at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires TAG at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 26!

Longbow
- Holds fire!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2146!
- Fires Heavy PPC w/PPC Capacitor (charged) at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 Heavy PPC + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (8/28 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Vapor Eagle (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 46 heat, sinks 36! Overheating! ACE!

Excalibur
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gamma Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = -1): automatically hit Left Side (90/98 armor remains)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 28!

Crab
- Fires ER Large Laser at Arctic Cheetah (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 36!

Hunchback
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Stinger
- Holds fire
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

Arrow IV Salvo
- Explodes harmlessly!

End Phase:
Thug
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Thug
- Gains ACE status!
- TSM Activates!
- Deactivates Void Signature System!

Black Knight
- Gains ACE status!
- TSM Activates!

Arrow IV Counter: 2 Turn

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a weaker Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 1 Objectives:
- Die Gloriously!

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (3/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (3/3 remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (55/84 tents remaining)
- Defend Clan Equipment (24/36 units remaining)

Enemy Status:
Thug - Armor damage
Black Knight - Armor Damage
Stinger –Structure damage
Hunchback – Armor damage
Excalibur - Structure damage
Longbow – Structure damage! Pilot injured!
Longbow - Structure damage
Crab – Structure damage

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Unknown Assault +0
- Longbow +0
- Longbow +1
- Thug +ACE
- Black Knight +ACE
- Excalibur +0
- Coyote +1
- Hunchback +1
- Crab +0
- Phoenix +2
- Phoenix +2
- Bobcat +2
- Bobcat +2
- Stinger +4
- Locust +3
- Locust +3
- Locust +3
- Locust +2

Orders Due: Tuesday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 28, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Arrow IV salvo. :patriot:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Besides those Locusts, it seems a handful of Bobcats and Phoenixes have also appeared.

Shame about Italian Guy's shots whiffing on the Thug, but at least he's not Void Sigged anymore.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Enemy status summary is quite convenient. Too bad both the arrows and 2ppc1gauss failed to connect with anything, that is inconvenient.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

That goddamn PPC. Ow. gently caress!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Artificer posted:

Yeah, that was a not-very-likely shot but the dice decided to say hello. At least it hit a body part that could take a (single) 20-damage hit.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah, that was a not-very-likely shot but the dice decided to say hello. At least it hit a body part that could take a (single) 20-damage hit.

Okay, is it me, or does PTN's dice just hate GoonTeam in general in most every mission? This time around we haven't gotten headshotted yet but we're missing a lot and taking huge hits on unlikely shots.

At least we had an enemy mech trip and kill itself... :negative:

Can I prevent taking shots to my CT by turning and exposing my sides while still firing all my weapons?

Edit: I'm looking at 2343, firing on the Longbow nearby? That ACE Black Knight is terrifying and I want to stay away now. :( That would also let me get within close proximity of my one ally in the area. I'm thinking of firing everything except my Large Pulse Laser. That'll be a heat neutral move. With the Large Pulse Laser I would be in 12 overheat and that would not be good.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 28, 2014

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Artificer posted:

Can I prevent taking shots to my CT by turning and exposing my sides while still firing all my weapons?

If an enemy is using the Left or Right hit table, by being in your left/right arc, then the hit chances change a bit, making the left/right torso be the 7 result instead of the CT, which means the CT will take less hits on average.

So, wow. Nice hits by the Warhawk, and it looks to be in a good position to backstab that Thug, though with all those Locusts moving in with who knows what for weapons exposing the Warhawk's back to them might be risky. Either way, if you can stay within the Thug's minimum range for those PPCs that would be a good idea.

For the Wolf Spider against the Thug, did you not put its previous position and move trail in PTN? Cause if it was in the same place last turn as it is now I believe it's still within Medium range of the Wolf Spider, but then that would mean not having moved and would be getting +3 from Void instead of +1 so it wouldn't matter. Though looking at the previous turn it looks like it didn't move, so why does it have a +1 move mod in the Wolf Spider's to-hit calcs? Still is really helpful to be able to see where things were without having to have another tab open with the previous turn, I'm really glad you started doing that. Though some of the Op4 TMMs seem off; pretty sure neither Longbow moved enough hexes to get a +1 TMM?

Fake edit: Is the lack of knowing where the Thug is due to it being ACE and having not technically moved yet?

Real Edit: Artificer, 2343 is only 5 MP away from the Black Knight, which I think it can still get to by running. It could probably sink its lance into one of your legs, and with TSM active that would not be good. Might I suggest jumping 5 to 2548? Should be out of range of the Black Knight's ability to get physical, have some woods for cover, and can fire your Medium Pulse Lasers at the closest Longbow at medium range. I think being on level 1 terrain should let you see over the woods between 2548 and 2042 where the Longbow is, but if you decide to try this you should double check with PTN.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Shame about Italian Guy's shots whiffing on the Thug, but at least he's not Void Sigged anymore.

I think the Thug is still Void Sigged. IT didn't say it deactivated it. I think the white aura is showing that it's ACE, same for the Black Knight. Unless they said they dropped it somewhere in the update and I'm just blind-er than usual this evening.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 28, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

Fake edit: Is the lack of knowing where the Thug is due to it being ACE and having not technically moved yet?

Yup. And remember, the Wolf Spider is shooting at where the Thug is now, which is 16 hexes away.

Artificer posted:

I wasn't expecting that to actually hit. I was just hoping to trigger ACE and force you to play cautiously, haha. Welp. :v:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 28, 2014

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yup. And remember, the Wolf Spider is shooting at where the Thug is now, which is 16 hexes away.

Ah, okay. So it only appears to be at 1319, it's actually somewhere else which would be 16 hexes from the Wolf Spider. I getcha. Sneaky move, Thug. But Goontrinary will get you yet!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nooo?

Unless I miscounted, which is a possibility. The maps are done as two separate pieces, which is why I secretly wish you'd stop fighting right along that edge :argh:

Edit: Yup, I miscounted. I'll fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nooo?

Unless I miscounted, which is a possibility. The maps are done as two separate pieces, which is why I secretly wish you'd stop fighting right along that edge :argh:

Edit: Yup, I miscounted. I'll fix that.

Well in that case, from 0127 where the Wolf Spider is, to 1319 where the Thug appears to have been, that's only 14 hexes. Which I'm fairly certain is the edge of Medium range for ERPPCs and Gauss. If that's the case then that would lower to TN from 10 to 8, and one of the ERPPCs would have hit I think? Sorry if I'm continuing to misunderstand.

e;fb

• Locked thread