Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Trast posted:

I still say your ST:Online story would at the very least make a fun graphic novel. Its certainly more entertaining than Voyager was.

That's like saying water is wetter than sand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Wow, Poptarts, that is a LOVELY paint job on those Falcon omnis. Did you stencil the clan emblem on top of that Puma, or is it a decal?

Also: apologies for the delay on ponymecha fluff, folks. Reality has been sort of kicking my teeth in lately(mostly horrible health issues with my dog), but rest assured I'm working on it when I have time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Affi posted:

For the next adventure we just got to fight the clans :D

2nd Donegal Guard. Just saying. Best unit, best commander, best faction.

Poptarts, have you submitted those pics to Camo Specs Online?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Gay Abortions posted:

:swoon:
What do you use for Omni variants? Are those hacked up pewter, or some of the elusive plastics that floated around for awhile?

A little of both, I had some old model (they were resin, and very poor quality) Summoners and Hellbringers that I hacked up; others I just mixed and matched omni arms for.

Here's a shot of the most heavily modded 'Mech, my Summoner-D :D

Agent Interrobang posted:

Wow, Poptarts, that is a LOVELY paint job on those Falcon omnis. Did you stencil the clan emblem on top of that Puma, or is it a decal?

Neither, they're hand-painted, as is the House Kurita 'dragon' on the top of the Alcorn.

Edit: proof of hand-paintedness

Fake edit: Oh, and if you make the ponymech an Omni, I'll totally field one if we ever get around to fighting the Hell's Horses.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 2, 2011

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fake edit: Oh, and if you make the ponymech an Omni, I'll totally field one if we ever get around to fighting the Hell's Horses.

You, sir, have a deal. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Neither, they're hand-painted, as is the House Kurita 'dragon' on the top of the Alcorn.

Edit: proof of hand-paintedness

All I see is a fat, happy dinosaur:

And I'm ridiculously excited for ponymech.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

All I see is a fat, happy dinosaur:

Clan Fat Happy Dinosaur was welcomed into Clan Jade Falcon after the landmark Trial of Friendship. Million were killed in mech-to-infantry cuddle sessions.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I see a really happy lizard

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
We're waiting on Red Mage's orders for the Tech Platoon.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Agent Interrobang posted:

Clan Fat Happy Dinosaur was welcomed into Clan Jade Falcon after the landmark Trial of Friendship. Million were killed in mech-to-infantry cuddle sessions.

The supposed Jade Falcon Trial of Friendship?

Yeah. That was actually a Trial of Troll waged against Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Fat Happy Dinosaur by Rho Galaxy of Clan Diamond Shark. ^_^

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm pretty sure it was the Delta Tau Chi Galazy actually.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
Sorry, I forgot they were alive. 1 north, fire at I4

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
So Poptarts, I was wondering about something. Are there literally only 20 hostages, or does each one represent a larger group of people.

Exactly how many dead children do we have on our hands here?:smith:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Yep. Here Grey Hunter starts a civil war thread and I see all you all punching out of your mechs to go throw on bluecoats and shoot at rebels.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

paragon1 posted:

So Poptarts, I was wondering about something. Are there literally only 20 hostages, or does each one represent a larger group of people.

Not enough. :china:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yep. Here Grey Hunter starts a civil war thread and I see all you all punching out of your mechs to go throw on bluecoats and shoot at rebels.

Excuse me, I can do both. My Feet of Justice are not confined to one millenium.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Zeroisanumber posted:

That or they take their 'mechs. Sherman's march to the sea just became more like a flat out dash.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

That or they take their 'mechs. Sherman's march to the sea just became more like a flat out dash.

An Atlas stomping all over Georgia. My god that would be a beautiful sight.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Sherman's march to the sea just became more like a flat out dash.

... You just gave me an idea for something to do with the Free Worlds League.

paragon1 posted:

Each counter represents either 2 adults or 5 children. :ssh:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PoptartsNinja posted:

... You just gave me an idea for something to do with the Free Worlds League.

90% of that campaign will be to make the enemy howl.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trast posted:

90% of that campaign will be to make the enemy howl.

32nd Marik Heavy Guard, "The Bummers".

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Each counter represents either 2 adults or 5 children. :ssh:

Upwards of 25 children have been killed by the Death Commando's already while you guys dawdle. If you were truly valiant you would have charged right in unleashing alpha strikes and meleeing anyone who got in your way, but nooo. How will you guys ever sleep knowing all that innocent blood is on your hands?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Easily. Engine Joe is already sleeping - in a puddle made of his own blood.

:ese:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Slaan posted:

Not enough. :china:

Slaan, did a class of Texican children murder your family or something?
I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding why your so pro child murder.

I mean, if it were a bunch of Capellan children I could understand. It's pretty much a mercy kill at that point. :mexico:

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

An Atlas stomping all over Georgia. My god that would be a beautiful sight.

Indeed it would be, my friend. Hell, that'd be a beautiful sight today, too.

I mean, it'd be nigh-instantly pwned by cruise missiles and ground support aircraft, but it'd still be beautiful.

PTN: Happy to oblige. :)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

I mean, it'd be nigh-instantly pwned by cruise missiles and ground support aircraft, but it'd still be beautiful.

I'd just love to be able to see the look on old Jeff Davis' face when it came over the horizon outside of Richmond.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Goddamn you for making me roll for 16 hit locations, Scout Company!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

paragon1 posted:

I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding why your so pro child murder.

Uh... it's easy?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Modern weapons are classified as primitive and do pretty much nothing. You'd need to hit it with a tac nuke (which would kill it pretty dead).

Why do I know this? Because "Modern tank vs mech who would win?" always resulted in autistic posters giving physics dissertations and so they made up a rule in TW that says "21st century weapons besides nukes don't do poo poo."

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 3, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Defiance Industries posted:

Modern weapons are classified as primitive and do pretty much nothing. You'd need to hit it with a tac nuke (which would kill it pretty dead).

Why do I know this? Because "Modern tank vs mech who would win?" always resulted in autistic posters giving physics dissertations and so they made up a rule in TW that says "21st century weapons besides nukes don't do poo poo."

And yet that still kinda suffers from the fact that by canon, mechs can get pretty screwed over by foot soldiers packing leg actuators with C4 and blowing them up. So even if cruise missiles and bunker busters didn't crack the armor for some reasons, we could just zerg them with guys carrying demo charges, cripple the mech and be done with it. Or use modern weapons creatively. A cruise missile doesn't crack the armor? Fine, have it hit just in front of or behind the mech, blowing all the ground out from under it. It's going take a nasty fall and be vulnerable to whatever we can muster to throw at it's weaker head armor.

[EDIT] The overall point being that the fact we can get our ordinance exactly where we want it (give or take a small margin) would still make it effective vs what a mech is used to fighting. Non-crap guidance systems are an amazing technological edge.

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 3, 2011

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

This is a good thing. Many good things.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, I never did get why this was the case when reading about Mechs and the real world physics thereof... How come Machine Guns and Autocannons can do damage to Mechs (however piddly in the case of Machine Guns) while tank cannon bounce off? :iiam:

I guess the devs not wanting to put up with that poo poo anymore is as good a reason as any, if not keeping with the fluff...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hostage Situation: Tactical Update 10

Movement Phase
La Dama Muerta uses Distracting Tirade (needs 6, rolls 1)
Hostage Killed

Combat Phase:
St Hunchback fires AC20 at V2 Zhukov (5 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 overheat - 4 immobilized = 4): rolled 7, hit front (17/44 armor remains)!
St Hunchback fires medium laser at V2 Zhukov (5 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 overheat - 4 immobilized = 4): rolled 9, hit front (12/44 armor remains)!
St Hunchback fires small laser at V2 Zhukov (5 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 overheat - 4 immobilized = 4): rolled 7, hit turret (9/44 armor remains)! Critical chance!
St Gains 13 heat, sinks 13. Now at Overheat 8! Movement reduced to 3/5/0, +1 penalty to hit

TP Tech Platoon fire SRM at I4 Militia! (5 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 2 heavy woods + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 4, miss!

SS Rifleman fires AC5 at D1 V3 Goblin (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range - 4 immobilized = 1): Rolled 6, hit front (9/30 armor remains)!
SS Rifleman fires AC5 at D1 V3 Goblin (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range - 4 immobilized = 1): Rolled 9, hit turret (20/30 armor remains)!
SS Rifleman fires medium laser at V3 Goblin (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range - 4 immobilized = 1): Rolled 4, hit front (4/30 armor remains)!
SS Rifleman fires medium laser at V3 Goblin (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range - 4 immobilized = 1): Rolled 6, hit front (0/30 armor, 4/5 structure remains)!
SS Rifleman gains 9 heat, sinks 10! Now at Overheat 1!

Sw Wolverine fires large laser at V1 APC (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 8, hit rear (2/10 armor remains)!
Sw Wolverine fires medium laser at V1 APC (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit rear (0/10 armor, 0/2 structure remains)! Vehicle Destroyed!
Sw Wolverine fires SRM 6 at V1 APC (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit rear, rear, left side (11/13 armor remains), rear!
Sw Wolverine gains 16 heat, sinks 14! Now at Overheat 2!

S3 Scout Platoon fires at V2 Zhukov (3 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement -1 range - 4 immobilized = -1): rolled 7, hit for (16 x2) 32 damage! (gently caress you this is doled out in 2 damage clusters, I’m doing this last D: )! Hit Front, Front, Front, Front, Front, Front, Front, Front, Front (0/44 armor, 0/8 structure remains), Right Side, Right Side (3/8 structure remains), Left Side (30/32 armor remains), Turret, Turret, Turret, Turret (34/44 armor remains), Critical chance (front)! Critical chance (turret)! Vehicle destroyed!

FY Lancelot fires Large Laser at V1 APC (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range = 5): rolled 6, hit rear!
FY Lancelot fires Large Laser at V1 APC (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range = 5): rolled 4, miss!
FY Lancelot fires Medium Laser at V1 APC (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range = 5): rolled 6, hit rear!
FY Lancelot gains 21 heat, sinks 26! Now at Overheat 0!

D2 Vindicator fires PPC at FY Lancelot (3 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit right arm (4/14 armor remains)!
D2 Vindicator fires LRM 5 at FY Lancelot (3 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 11, 3 missiles hit left arm (1/14 armor remains)!
D2 Vindicator gains 16 heat, sinks 16!

D4 Blackjack fires AC2 at FY Lancelot (3 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 0 range + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit left torso (14/16 armor remains!
D4 Blackjack fires medium laser at FY Lancelot(3 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit left torso (9/16 armor remains)!
D4 Blackjack fires medium laser at FY Lancelot(3 base + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 range + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
D4 Blackjack gains 11 heat, sinks 11!

V1 fires machine gun at Tech Platoon (6 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 range + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 8, miss!
V1 fires machine gun at Tech Platoon (6 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 range + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 7, miss!

V2 Zhukov fires AC 10 at St Hunchback (4 base + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 0 range = 5): rolled 4, miss!
V2 Zhukov fires AC 10 at St Hunchback (4 base + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 0 range = 5): rolled 11, hit right leg (10/20 armor remains)!
V2 Zhukov fires SRM 6 at St Hunchback (4 base + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 0 range = 5): rolled 6, 4 missiles hit right leg (8/20 armor remains), left leg (13/20 armor remains), head (7/9 armor remains), right torso (3/20 armor remains)! Pilot hit!

V3 Goblin fires machine gun at SS Rifleman (5 base + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 0 range = 6): rolled 10, hit center torso (10/22 armor remains)!

I4 flamer platoon fires at S3 scout platoon (4 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 4 range + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!

End Phase
Scout Snipers snipe I4 Militia, 3 troopers killed!

St Hunchback must make a 3+ piloting roll to remain conscious: rolled 5, succeeds!

V3 Goblin critical chance in front: rolled 4, no critical!

Physical Combat Phase:
SS kicks V3 Goblin (4 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement – 4 target immobilized = 1): rolled 6, hits turret for 12 damage (8/30 armor remains)! Critical chance!

End Phase:
V3 Goblin critical chance in turret: rolled 9, turret locks becomes large laser destroyed!

Sir gently caress You rocked beneath her, but Divot couldn’t help but smile. Scout Company boiled out of the woods like a hive of angry ants, tossing grenades and planting satchel charges, they blew that damned Zhukov apart in a flurry of activity that left the tank crew no time to—she cursed as Clueless’ Hunchback took a hit, the Zhukov’s crew fighting to the last even as the scouts dragged them from the relative safety of their immobile hulk of a tank.

“You ok, Clueless?” Divot winced, a hit to the head like that would almost always injure the pilot. Shrapnel was a bitch, and as hot as the Hunchback was, the highly-toxic ‘Mech coolant could easily infiltrate even a small wound…

Enemy Forces
D2 VND-1R Vindicator
D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
I1 Capellan Militia
I4 Capellan Militia
V3 Goblin Medium Tank
V4 SRM Carrier

Turn 9 OpForce Movement:
D2 Remained Stationary
D4 Remained Stationary
I1 Remained Stationary
I4 Remained Stationary
V3 Immobile
V4 Remained Stationary

Mission Objectives
14/20 hostages remain!
Rescue the Hostages or Bury them

SS “Lil’ Sure Shot” RFL-3N Rifleman
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
LT A(S): 12/15 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 10/22 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
RA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
LL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
RL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
Heat: 1/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Annie Sue Hurd
Mechwarrior Player: Tempest_56
Mechwarrior Status: 1 hit, light shrapnel wounds
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
AC5 – RA (Heat: 1, Ammo: 8, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
AC5 – LA (Heat: 1, Ammo: -, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-mounted weapons into rear arc.

S2 Scout Snipers
Platoon(4/4)
Type: Sniper
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Player: Tempest_56
Movement MP: 1
Range: 6 hexes
Notes: May snipe or double-tap at infantry or vehicles.

St “Stubby” HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight: 50 tons (Medium Class)
HD A(S): 7/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 5/20 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 22/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 3/20 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 13/20 (12/12)
RL A(S): 8/20 (12/12)
Heat: 8/30
Overheat Penalty: Movement reduced to 3/5/0, +1 penalty to hit
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 5
Mechwarrior Name: Andre “Clueless” Norris
Mechwarrior Player: Polaron
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
AC20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 6, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)

La Dama Muerta
Player: Polaron
May either use a Distracting Tirade or Mock and Berate the Capellans once per turn.

FY “Sir gently caress You” LNC25-01 Lancelot
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 9/16 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 6/21 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 1/14 (10/10)
RA A(S): 4/14 (10/10)
LL A(S): 12/14 (14/14)
RL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 13 (double capacity)
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Rebecca “Divot” Moss
Mechwarrior Player: bunnyofdoom
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

S1 Scout Sapper
Player: bunnyofdoom
May use either a booby traps on enemy infantry within 4 hexes, or pyrotechnics on an enemy ‘Mech within 6. Has 2 MP.
May use either ability this turn!

F “Firewalker” CPLT-C1 Catapult
’Mech Status: Destroyed

TA Tech Platoon APC
Tank Status: Destroyed!

TP Tech Platoon (30/30)
Type: SRM Infantry
Weapon: SRM
Gunnery: 5
Anti-Mech: 3
Player: Red_Mage
Movement MP: 2
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -1, 1-2: 0, 3-4: +2, 5-6 +4
Notes: 0 rounds of Inferno ammo

SW “Skinwalker” WVR-6M Wolverine
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 18/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 0/25 (15/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 0/20 (3/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 12/19 (13/13)
RL A(S):19/19 (13/13)
Heat: 2/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 14
Movement: 5/8/3
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Navajo Wolf” Bobby Begay
Mechwarrior Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Armament:
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 11, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)
Special Ability: Eights to Aces (2/2)

S3 Scout Company(30/30)
Type: Caballeros Scouts
Weapon: Submachine Guns and Grenades
Gunnery: 3
Anti-Mech: 4
Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Movement MP: 2
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -2, 1: 0, 2: +3
Notes: Double damage to all targets at range 0, deals an extra d6 to all targets at range 1

Enemy Status
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer

D2 VND-1R Vindicator
Damage: None
Armament: PPC, LRM 5, medium laser, small laser
Notes:

D3 CTF-1X Cataphract

D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
Damage: AC2 destroyed, Left Shoulder Destroyed
Armament: AC2, medium laser, medium laser, medium laser, medium laser
Notes:

I1 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes:

I4 Capellan Militia (5/30)
Armament: Flamer
Notes:

V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)

V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank

V3 Goblin Medium Tank
Armament: Large Laser, Machine Gun
Notes:

V4 SRM Carrier
Armament: SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6
Notes:

K1 Karnov UR VTOL

K2 Karnov UR VTOL

K3 Karnov UR VTOL

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 3, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Another bad day to be a Death Commandos supporter.

Start failing some of your rolls, you mexican bastards. :argh:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
To be fair, most of them are down to paper armor (or less), and the Vindicator's still (mostly) undamaged.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

That Zhukov just got its rear end ruined, holy poo poo. The Goblin is still around, but since its immobile and its large laser is destroyed, it's pretty much a paperweight at this point. Realistically the Capellans are down to the Vindicator, about two-thirds of an AC/2 Blackjack, and the SRM carrier. With any luck the tech platoon and the scout company aren't going to lose too many guys mauling what's left of the flamer infantry.

I'd say at this point get Stumpy up to 1110 and lay about with the big gun, the Rifleman onto the ridge at 0814 to snipe.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Orbital hot drop directly onto the city then. There's no way a cruise missile would be risked at that point, and the ground-attack aircraft would have a hard time of it if the mechs keep to the CBD.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Someone needs a box o' death.

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, I never did get why this was the case when reading about Mechs and the real world physics thereof... How come Machine Guns and Autocannons can do damage to Mechs (however piddly in the case of Machine Guns) while tank cannon bounce off? :iiam:

I guess the devs not wanting to put up with that poo poo anymore is as good a reason as any, if not keeping with the fluff...
The best part is that the bog standard MG on a mech is fluffed as being the good old M1919 Browning .30 cal.....

Yes, the "1919" means exactly what you think it does.

No, it didn't stop the dumbassery.

Of course it doesn't help that other places have claimed it's the .50 cal M2 Browning MG either, and that's an earlier design....

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 3, 2011

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

LeschNyhan posted:

I'd say at this point get Stumpy up to 1110 and lay about with the big gun, the Rifleman onto the ridge at 0814 to snipe.

Wouldn't moving to 1110 put Stumpy in range of the SRM carrier as well?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

anakha posted:

Wouldn't moving to 1110 put Stumpy in range of the SRM carrier as well?

:stare:

This is a bad plan.

Also, I thought the Zhukov's weaponry was locked facing away from me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't know if you're keeping track of everything on that section at the end of the post, but the three sniped guys from I4 (why three? Don't they kill many as there are guys in their squad?) and the destroyed large laser on the Goblin haven't been recorded.

As much as I want to say charge ahead to victory... it's probably time to hang back and hope you can snipe those two remaining mechs. The Blackjack's beat up and without long range recourse, the Vindicator's the danger and he *does* have long range weapons but you can outgun him, and any advance on the two of them is sure to involve that SRM carrier popping out from cover to blow you up.

So yeah, keep your distance and destroy that Vindicator as soon as you can then you can pick apart the Blackjack and SRM carrier at your convenience.

For mission complete purposes will they have to come back and kill the Goblin to make the infantry surrender, or will immobilising it and destroying its' only anti-mech weapon count as disabling it?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 3, 2011

• Locked thread