Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo, that was probably the worst possible crit to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I love these little pre-update comments.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Oh good, I am expecting an ammo crit for :krakken:.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

Double gyro? Triple engine? Cockpit?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: I finally got home. Out of sheer curiosity, the (adjusted) BV is: 129,364 vs 59,653

Good thing I decided not to use that assault lance with four Thugs back in the planning phase! :v:

I take it that BV is NRWR vs Clan and not the other way around? Otherwise I'll need to get surgery to allow my eyebrows to raise high enough in incredulity at that.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 26, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

AJ_Impy posted:

Double gyro? Triple engine? Cockpit?

The Kraken has CASE, right?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

goatface posted:

The Kraken has CASE, right?

All clan mechs have CASE.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

All clan mechs have CASE.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if some of them often get disabled by the techs at the pilot's orders. Probably stuff like the Hunchback IIC and other suicide mechs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

I take it that BV is NRWR vs Clan and not the other way around? Otherwise I'll need to get surgery to allow my eyebrows to raise high enough in incredulity at that.

Yup. It's slightly more than double in the same approximate ratio that there're slightly more than twice as many enemy units. Funny that! :v:

The Seraphim "Unknown Assaults" have an adjusted BV of about 5k. About the same as the Warhawk.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yup. It's slightly more than double in the same approximate ratio that there're slightly more than twice as many enemy units. Funny that! :v:

Though the fact that neither side is bringing all their forces to bear at the same time does mean that the current BV on the board in any given turn can swing closer to or away from that, I would wager. And as has been said, things like the "gain Ace from 10+ heat" and the players always moving after all enemies have effects on the game that BV can't represent accurately.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 19

The Donar Attack Helicopter’s rotors spun for an instant and then stopped as the engine died with a choking whine. Akara slammed her gloved hands against the controls in frustration—she’d known better. The engine compartment had still been open when she’d thrown herself into her vehicle’s cockpit. The technicians had still been working on her machine. There’d been no risk, they’d said. Now was the perfect opportunity for a complete overhaul. She pressed the ignition again, but this time only silence greeted her. Something was probably damaged, but she didn’t care. If it took a thousand attempts for a miracle to happen, she’d push the button a thousand times.

The enemy had knocked out the other half of her recon point in the first few moments of battle: and understandably so, a high-flying helicopter could monitor their entire force from safety—yet they’d ignored her machine and left her screaming in frustration for what was starting to feel like hours. The enemy’s pilots were either very observant or their sensors had been able to determine that her machine wasn’t flight-capable—and so they’d left her, surrounded and helpless.

Akara was freeborn, she understood that feeling of helplessness very well. She hated it. She hated feeling it again after three years as a Clan Warrior. And she raged at her useless machine while her gunner spouted useless platitudes in an attempt to calm her down.

Her eyebrow twitched involuntarily as her hand fell on the canopy’s quick-release. It snapped upward, and smashed against one of the rotors. Either the transplex or the rotor would be damaged by the impact but Akara didn’t spare it a moment’s thought. Her copilot raised a hand to restrain her but Akara’s glare stopped him cold. She stepped out onto the hard-baked mud. All she had was a combat knife. She didn’t care.

She’d show those damned Rim Worlders she wasn’t helpless even if she had to climb a moving `Mech and knife the pilot to do it!

Combat Phase
Warhawk B
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (4/21 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 3, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Center Torso (2/21 armor remains), Center Torso (0/21 armor remains), Left Arm (12/16 armor remains), Center Torso (14/16 structure remains (Crit!))!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 40!

Kraken 3
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Fires LRM-15 at Chameleon (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Hunchback (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 38! Overheating!

Wolf Spider B
- Fires ER PPC at Crab (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke + 3 Void Signature System = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Crab (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke + 3 Void Signature System = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 32!

Ebon Jaguar
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0511!
- Fires ER PPC at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires TAG at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 40!

Huntsman A
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 3 void signature system + 2 heat - 2 Pulse Laser = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Unknown Assault
- Fires Light PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke + 1 void signature system = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Light PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Warhawk B (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke + 1 void signature system = 11): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 36 heat, sinks 36!

Longbow
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires TAG at Huntsman A (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 26!

Longbow
- Holds fire!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Fires Heavy PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 36!

Excalibur
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1446!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Huntsman (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Holds fire!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 28!

Hunchback
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ares (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 0): automatically hits Front (14/19 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ares (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 0): automatically hits Front (9/19 armor remains)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Crab
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1214!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Ebon Jaguar R (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke + 1 Void Signature System = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Ebon Jaguar R (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke + 1 Void Signature System = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 34 heat sinks 36!

Chameleon
- Fires Large Laser at Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 11, hit Rear (69/98 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Laser at Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 9, hit Rear (61/98 armor remains)!
- Gains 28 heat sinks 32!

Chameleon
- Fires Large Laser at Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 10, hit Rear (53/98 armor remains)!
- Gains 28 heat sinks 32!

Phoenix
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2019!
- Fires Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 2 light woods + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (5/26 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-4 (EMP) at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 2 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 (EMP) at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 2 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 30!

Phoenix
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1147!
- Fires Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (0/25 armor, 15/16 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires SRM-4 (Inferno) at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 9): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit! Huntsman A gains 4 heat!
- Fires SRM-4 (Inferno) at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 9): rolled 9, 3 missiles hit! Huntsman A gains 6 heat!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 30!

Bobcat
- Holds fire!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 24!

Locust
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Arrow IV Salvo
- Must roll a 4+ to strike the map: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Must roll a 4+ to strike the map: rolled 10, succeeds!
- Missile explodes harmlessly!
- Missile explodes harmlessly!

End Phase:
Phoenix
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Huntsman A
- Critical chance in Center Torso! Jump Jet destroyed!

Physical Combat Phase:
Unknown Assault
- Kicks Beta Galaxy Maher Mobile Command Center (2 base + 2 movement - 4 target movement - 2 kick = 0): automatically hit Rear (33/98 armor remains)!

Chameleon
- Attacks Mad Dog with Lance (2 base + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 0): automatically hit Rear Center Torso (0/20 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Primary Objectives:
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (2/3 remaining)

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Secondary Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (8/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan Equipment (22/36 units remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (I lost count again, thanks smoke! :argh: )

Enemy Status:
Everything is a hair’s breadth from exploding. Probably.

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Unknown Assault +?
- Longbow +1
- Longbow +0
- Black Knight +1
- Excalibur +0
- Coyote +??
- Crab +0
- Chameleon +??
- Chameleon +??
- Hunchback +2
- Hunchback +1
- Phoenix +2
- Phoenix +2
- Bobcat +3
- Locust +4

Orders Due: Tuesday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 26, 2014

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Yeah I'm just going to sit the gently caress down and stop shooting at things for a while until I get better shots on things.... :(

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Long range isn't your friend. You're still doing fine, but it might be better to just push the 'some of the missiles' or 'half of the missiles' buttons if you're looking for a long-range lucky hit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What was your primary target?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Artificer posted:

Yeah I'm just going to sit the gently caress down and stop shooting at things for a while until I get better shots on things.... :(

Shoot the Phoenix that's right behind the Warhawk, as it's both the easiest target and in a rather threatening position. Shooting at ANYTHING on 11s if you have any other target is a terrible idea, as you only have a 1/16 chance of hitting.

I'm guessing the Huntsman's next likely jump is to 1847/1848?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

goatface posted:

What was your primary target?

It was the Phoenix. Turns out there were too many goddamn trees in the way.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Luckily it's moved now. And I'd have thought being effectively level 3 would have let you see over some of them?

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Phoenix (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System + 2 light woods + 1 smoke + 1 EMP - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Center Torso (2/21 armor remains), Center Torso (0/21 armor remains), Left Arm (12/16 armor remains), Center Torso (14/16 structure remains (Crit!))!

Did the Crit on the Phoenix's CT get rolled and not shown, or lost in the confusion?

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ultimatum: Tactical Update 19

Warhawk B

Phoenix
- Fires Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (0/25 armor, 15/16 structure remains)! Crit!

End Phase:
Longbow
- Critical chance in Head! No critical hit sustained!

Are the crits missing or forgotten about?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
What the hell happened to the crits?

Fortunately, they were easy and I remember what the results were.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm not seeing a head crit to the Phoenix in the shooting results, so mislabeled maybe?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is a bad time to be a jumpyman.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Jumping and Firing a LPL only generates 15 heat, not 25. I'm cooling off this turn, not heating up!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

berryjon posted:

Jumping and Firing a LPL only generates 15 heat, not 25. I'm cooling off this turn, not heating up!

You ate 10 heat from 5 Infernos too.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 26, 2014

berryjon
May 30, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

You ate 10 Infernos too.

:facepalm:

Well, that changes next turn slightly.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Man Infernos sure were more fun when we got to be the assholes using them.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Hey, guys, the layout of your objectives list has changed! That's probably worth noting.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Hm. How is it possible to defend the command centers without necessarily destroying all of the enemy Mechs?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Artificer posted:

Hm. How is it possible to defend the command centers without necessarily destroying all of the enemy Mechs?

Make this cost enough to get them to back off. They probably aren't going to be too big on continuing after 50%+ losses if there's still a fair few clanners active. It could also be timed, after so many minutes pass there could be organized reinforcements instead of a trickle of randoms.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 26, 2014

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's just a question of who survives long enough for that tactical nuke you guys didn't target the Artemis-IV at to blow up.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Dolash posted:

It's just a question of who survives long enough for that tactical nuke you guys didn't target the Artemis-IV at to blow up.

Oh. Right. That thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Things not looking so great for Goonstar. Situation normal, carry on.

If the Kraken doesn't move it can probably hit the Phoenix on 7's (taking the woods into account). Also berryjon's Huntsman is looking to be in a world of hurt now that it's lost a jump jet and can no longer manage that +3 move mod in the woods. Good luck down there!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Lots of misses this turn, on both sides. Unfortunately the OpFor can afford to miss a few shots, but for Goonstar every hit counts.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Wolf Spider, Warhawk B, there's a coyote coming up behind me from somewhere and we've lost sight of him. I definitely don't want him shooting at my rear but I don't see many options available to us here. Ideas?

I'm thinking of running to 2142, and firing on the Phoenix. I think I hit on 9s in that case. Or I can stay immobile and shoot at him for hits on 7s. Either way I will be exposed to the invisi-coyote, but I don't know how to avoid that at this point.

Edit: The thread should feel free to weigh in on my posts. This is my first Battletech tabletop game ever so I'm pretty bad at all of this.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 26, 2014

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

Artificer posted:

Wolf Spider, Warhawk B, there's a coyote coming up behind me from somewhere and we've lost sight of him. I definitely don't want him shooting at my rear but I don't see many options available to us here. Ideas?

I'm thinking of running to 2142, and firing on the Phoenix. I think I hit on 9s in that case. Or I can stay immobile and shoot at him for hits on 7s. Either way I will be exposed to the invisi-coyote, but I don't know how to avoid that at this point.

Edit: The thread should feel free to weigh in on my posts. This is my first Battletech tabletop game ever so I'm pretty bad at all of this.

He's not invis, we've just lost LOS. The plus side is that if you stand still he can't shoot you as he's out of LOS as well.

Also, he doesn't have ACE anymore, so I think he's manageable. Wait for him to make a move then jump all over him.

Kial fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 26, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Based on his movement profile the Coyote is probably at 2230, since that's the quickest route for him to get to where you are. You really don't want him getting up in your face because his Lance can penetrate your armour and set off all that delicious LRM ammo. The only way I can see for you to avoid him getting right next to you is to run to 2024, but that will put you next to some forests which will get in the way of aiming. Only fire six of your launchers at the Phoenix and you should sink all of your heat.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Scintilla posted:

Based on his movement profile the Coyote is probably at 2230, since that's the quickest route for him to get to where you are. You really don't want him getting up in your face because his Lance can penetrate your armour and set off all that delicious LRM ammo. The only way I can see for you to avoid him getting right next to you is to run to 2024, but that will put you next to some forests which will get in the way of aiming. Only fire six of your launchers at the Phoenix and you should sink all of your heat.

There are forests loving everywhere anyways, and as PTN and some others have said, that means that I'll have to take the Kraken in close and personal anyways, right?

But yeah, you're right. That'll get me the most distance... But I do want to help the Warhawk out with the Phoenix with my LRMs...

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Artificer posted:

I'd say either go for the Phoenix, which should be hitting on 7s (2 base +2 for move (since PTN has said he's not giving Void for moving 5 hexes, I believe?) +0 for short range +0 for move (probably shouldn't move yourself) +1 for the woods it's in +1 for the woods next to it that's between it and you because even though you're on higher terrain, it's close enough that iirc it'll still take effect, +1 for heat) or that Crab that it seems did not move this round. At long range with +1 for heat you'd be looking at 7s there too, as he's out in the open and not in smoke. The intervening smoke may cover him though, depending on its height. Should probably check with PTN if you decide to try for the Crab just to be safe.

Also might want to hold off on one of the LRMs this turn no matter what you go for, should cool you off back to neutral heat.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Artificer posted:

There are forests loving everywhere anyways,

Too bad this isn't MechCommander, where burning down the forest is a viable option. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
If he was in 2230 I think we would have sight lines on him?

If he does run up beside you next turn you can just back up a hex and blow his face in.

Kial fucked around with this message at 08:16 on May 26, 2014

• Locked thread