Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trunkus
Feb 26, 2013

BMcDonough posted:

And thus did the dying the Wolf Spider look down upon the two Phase 3 'mechs and say, "Kraken, here is your holepuncher. Direwolf, here are your crits."

Let us hope and pray the Battletech gods honor the Wolf Spider's self-sacrifice with many explosions.

I know this is a popular sentiment and the Kraken and the Dire Wolf are peanut butter and chocolate in lance v lance battle, but given that there are a billion enemy mechs out there I think it makes more sense to treat the Dire Wolf as a headcapper rather than a holepuncher and the Kraken as a brawler rather than a critseeker. You're going to have to get lucky to win anyway, so may as well count on luck instead of turning two absolute murderboxes into one Ur-Panther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I agree. If you use both of these mechs to focus-fire a single enemy and kill one enemy mech per turn that way, you will still lose because there's way too many enemy mechs. And by being right next to each other they'll be able to focus-fire right back and whittle you down.

These guys need to each be killing a mech every turn. And they can, because the clanners have put huge amounts of damage onto a wide spread of enemy mechs already. There are plenty of holes all over the place representing many turns of "investment" in damage that hasn't been followed through all the way.

If you were fighting entirely pristine OpFor, I'd say yeah, team up, but given the current situation, the kraken and direwolf should each be using their individual weight-of-fire to take out enemies in (ideally) just one round of shooting.

e. One of the cardinal rules of battletech is "focus fire", but another even more important one is to finish off mechs once you have committed to damaging them. If you spent two turns wearing down all the armor on an enemy mech and then don't kill it, you've wasted all of that damage potential for those two turns. Focus fire and eliminate the damaged guys first are both doctrines intended to reduce incoming fire as quickly as possible, and that is almost always the best way to win a match.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

GenericServices posted:

Fair enough! Good luck!

Speaking of a thousand pages of thread, what's the hottest any player's run their 'Mech? I'm sure somebody somewhere along the line must've managed to hit the twenties, but it's not something I've really thought about until just now.

I'm not totally positive, but I think that the hottest anyone has run a mech is when the kingfisher blew itself apart during the luthien fight.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
That was such a fantastic way to go. :allears:

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Standing in the enemy's capital city knee-deep in 'Mechs, firing so hard you explode: THAT'S how you get into the Remembrance.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

You haven't lived until you have a Nova H jump behind a mech and alpha strike him with 10 heavy medium lasers. 75 heat on a mech that can only sink 40 a turn. In general though I almost always play extremely conservative with my heat. Losing mobility is very rarely worth it unless you are shooting on a really low number.

Well I've lived a couple dozen times then. That's one of my favorite mechs to take when I field Clans, not in the least because its BV is actually reasonable. And the heat isn't as much of an issue for it for mobility since it has JJs, which can let it jump away. There's not always LoS blocking terrain nearby, but that's when you don't fire everything.

Voyager I posted:

He can hold back and cool off next turn when the dude trying to shank him is dead.

Also he's a 2/2 pilot so the odds of a shutdown are pretty low, even when the Locust inevitably adds some heat to him.

Pretty sure pilot skill has nothing to do with whether your mech shuts down or not. It's a roll against a static number, much like pilot consciousness tests.

Readingaccount posted:

Why would anyone design something like that except for the obvious consequences, was it meant to be fired while standing in water?

Because Zelbringen says that you do not fire on a shut down enemy mech. So the Nova series of mechs are meant to alpha strike the enemy, shut down, not worry about being shot while they're shut down, then start back up and repeat. They'll still be fired at while they're firing, but since they focus on damage over sinking, they generally punch above their weight when they do fire everything. This doesn't work in actual fighting with IS forces, of course, but for Clan Trials it's pretty effective.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

By the way, what happened to the pilot in that fight who ended up with his (intact!) cockpit submerged in a body of water? Could Clan forces get to him before the Kuritans did? I know that the character who successfully maneuvered his way out of Luthien went on to be called 'The Hero of Luthien', but was he really the only survivor?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gimmick Account posted:

was he really the only survivor?

Depends on how pissed* House Kurita was, I suppose!

*extremely

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 31, 2014

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

The expanded heat chart tops out at 50. Assuming they pass the autoshutdown that's two turns of FIRE EVERYTHING :ssh:

And then the engine comes just shy of automatically melting into a puddle.

Had the latter happen to me once while in the I-UK Timberwolf. Turns out you aren't supposed to use all 11 ER medium lasers and an ER large laser in one burst, and absolutely should never do it twice in a row. :v:

I regret nothing

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
So, talking about heat...

It took experimental tech, but I crammed 11 Improved Heavy Large Lasers (for added "fun"), 2 ER Large Lasers, 2 ER Medium Lasers, and an ER Small Laser on a 100 ton chassis. A lovely and completely unusable design, but I was wanting to see how high I could peg the heat scale. The answer? 240. Just for amusement, I took it for a spin in megamek last year and Alpha'd. The unfortunate mechwarrior died in either round 2 or 3 from weapon explosion-caused pilot hits.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's so nice to be remembered. I think I topped out the heatscale on the info. 30/30 heat.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Keru posted:

It's so nice to be remembered. I think I topped out the heatscale on the info. 30/30 heat.

If only we could all be so grossly incandescent. :patriot:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I don't want to curb the enthusiasm, but what are my possible targets, this round? Between smoke, 2lvl hills and trees, I don’t know if I’ve got any LOS on anything :confuoot:

I guess I should try to bump into a Longbow in the woods and try to tenderize it?

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Probably best to set up for next turn with targeting orders in case you run into someone. 1503 is decent, though heading though the forest to 1803 with an eye for 1805 next turn is good as well (1803 is the most likely hex to spot a Longbow, assuming they are in the north east).

Kial fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 31, 2014

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

That Italian Guy posted:

I don't want to curb the enthusiasm, but what are my possible targets, this round? Between smoke, 2lvl hills and trees, I don’t know if I’ve got any LOS on anything :confuoot:

I guess I should try to bump into a Longbow in the woods and try to tenderize it?

It's sadly possible you won't get to fire for a turn or two, there's a lot of stuff between you and the known bad guys and the Longbows could be in a lot of places. Or just outright invisible and about to shank you.

I like either of Kial's ideas, as they both move you toward the fighting. No matter where you go, your firing orders will be pretty conditional. If you go to 1503, looking at the trees, there is a possibility the Crab will use its ACE move to go somewhere you'd have the ability to hit, so have your orders takes that into account. 1803 probably leaves you blind, unless 2005 or 1905 have jerks in them.

formerly tight holes
Sep 30, 2009

This is an Avatar

GenericServices posted:

Fair enough! Good luck!

Speaking of a thousand pages of thread, what's the hottest any player's run their 'Mech? I'm sure somebody somewhere along the line must've managed to hit the twenties, but it's not something I've really thought about until just now.

Lest we not forget the Valkyrie that decided to use her JJs in a fuel refinery.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar
Random heat question while we're on the topic.

Is there a cap to the amount of heat you can dump into someone with inferno SRM's in one turn?

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Well, orders in. This turn will be interesting! Making a sacrifice of sparkling for good dice rolls for the team and a PPC head shot on the Chameleon.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

shalafi4 posted:

Random heat question while we're on the topic.

Is there a cap to the amount of heat you can dump into someone with inferno SRM's in one turn?

10 heat from any external source. Fires, Inferno SRMs, Flamers, etc... all capped at 10.

If only to prevent the 35t Mech with a dozen or so Flamers from popping your Level 3 100 Ton 'Mech like popcorn.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Oh God. I think if my pilot survives this fight he's probably going to consider installing a soda fountain, ice cream dispenser, or something.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

berryjon posted:

10 heat from any external source. Fires, Inferno SRMs, Flamers, etc... all capped at 10.

If only to prevent the 35t Mech with a dozen or so Flamers from popping your Level 3 100 Ton 'Mech like popcorn.

Actually it's 15.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

shalafi4 posted:

15 from any combination of external sources (I would probably make an exception if 'standing in Lava' were one of the sources).

The Locusts can hit that cap if they get really lucky, but realistically they're looking at 4-6 heat if they're hitting on 7+ and hit with 2 launchers.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

PoptartsNinja posted:

15 from any combination of external sources (I would probably make an exception if 'standing in Lava' were one of the sources).

PTN, you really need to a do quick 1 off Solaris 7 duel featuring lava & damaged sensor mechs.
It's everything the dice haven't given you/given us in 1117 pages.
Show us how bad sensor damage is.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Sensor damage means an average 4/5 pilot who didn't move who and who is currently giving a stationary target a friendly hug with no obstructions between them will have a 48% (IIRC) chance of missing that target entirely.

Edit: I call this the "Adam Steiner" effect.

And we could've had lava if the players had decided to blow up the pressure release valves in the Death Commandos mission. Hoo-boy would we have gotten lava! :v:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 1, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

PTN, thanks for the quick answers.
It's wrong that your answers just made me want that one-off idea to happen more than ever.
with a alternate timeline Kai Allard-Liao thrown in, just to see if this threads dice curse can overcome that much Mary Sue.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm starting the update, but I'm covering for someone else's 5:00AM shift tomorrow so I have a lot less time than I normally do on Sundays and I'm exhausted. I'm going to do everything I can to get it done today, but if the unthinkable happens I may need to push the updates to Monday / Thursday this week.

I'll keep you in the loop, but I'm still hoping to finish this update today.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

It's not that important. You can take a nap or something if you need it.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Look on the bright side! You can roll out the shooting results, leave behind a cryptic quote like, "Wow, sure hope you weren't using THAT limb," and let people stew on it for a day or so.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Artificer posted:

It's not that important.

Oh, yeah, sure it isn't... If you don't update on time, though, we might have to break out the pitchforks.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
How did that miss on a 4+?

I'm starting to think a GoonStar member murdered the Camerons in a past life and is suffering some form of dice-based karmic retribution.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

How did that miss on a 4+?

I'm starting to think a GoonStar member murdered the Camerons in a past life and is suffering some form of dice-based karmic retribution.

Okay guys. It's been fun but I think I'm going to lost my phase 3 soon. :gonk:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

TildeATH posted:

Oh, yeah, sure it isn't... If you don't update on time, though, we might have to break out the pitchforks.

Yeah, I mean, it's a nice LP you've got here. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

In actual LP-related stuff, I've been trying to recreate those Locusts in SSW and I'm becoming increasingly certain that they don't mount Light Fusion Engines at all, but actually XXL Engines. Unless I'm missing something, that combined with Endo-Composite structure seems to be the only way to get 8/12 movement and all of the equipment necessary for Void Sig onto a 20-ton frame. I wind up with one free crit slot and 3.5 tons of armour, which can be arranged in the same coverage seen in the update where that one Locust got nuked with an Arrow IV.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ok, come clean. Which one of you desecrated an American Indian graveyard? :gonk:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Couldn't be me. I'm Canadian! I have my own Graveyards to desecrate. ;)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Man, this reminds me of when I would get mana-screwed in Magic the Gathering or something.

Or when in FTL 4 missiles hit me in a row.

Thanatz
Nov 4, 2010
The Dire Wolf is gone, isn't it?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Thanatz posted:

The Dire Wolf is gone, isn't it?

I think the Coyote went all Solid Snake on the Kraken's missiles.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 20

Star Captain Bekker’s Kodiak didn’t rush towards the Rim Worlder attack. His hundred-ton machine didn’t approach the battle like an aggressor. Instead it sauntered towards the fight like a callow youth trying to impress a young lover with its virility: a casual swagger that spoke volumes about the pilot’s proclivities.

Bekker courted battle the way a lesser warrior may have courted a night with a member of the opposite sex. He craved battle, and loved it, and often lingered to watch his opponents burn alive with his Kodiak’s massive battle fist curled around their cockpit to stop the ejection mechanisms from firing. Bekker wasn’t satisfied with mere victory: what he loved were the screams of the suffering and he wasn’t particular about whose. That his allies’ ruination brought a smile to his thin, scarred lips bothered Bekker not at all. Theoretically, the Clan didn’t even care as long as he fought well. His propensities would even have been seen as positive traits amongst the members of a more aggressive Clan like the Smoke Jaguars.

He moistened his bottom lip with his tongue as though trying to trace the pathways a set of real Ghost Bear claws had worn into his moderately-handsome face. He wore those same claws around his neck—he’d killed the bear with his spear. And its cubs. Its mate. And, still unsatisfied, the rest of his five-man Clawing group. And another group he’d encountered on the slow, lonely trek back to the staging area. Most Clawing groups never survived and the Clawing was a fast-track to success and a bloodname.

Bekker didn’t tolerate competition. The slaughter was his alone to enjoy.

Combat Phase
Warhawk B
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1717!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 2 minimum range - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 40!

Kraken 3
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2126!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (17/22 armor remains), Left Torso (16/22 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 10, 9 missiles hit Left Torso (11/22 armor remains), Center Torso (29/33 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, 6 missiles hit Center Torso (24/33 armor remains), Right Arm (19/20 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 4, 9 missiles hit Right Arm (14/20 armor remains), Left Arm (16/20 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, 15 missiles hit Left Torso (6/22 armor remains), Right Torso (17/22 armor remains), Right Torso (12/22 structure remains)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, 9 missiles hit Center Torso (19/33 armor remains), Center Torso (15/33 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, 6 missiles hit Right Torso (7/22 armor remains), Left Torso (5/22 armor remains)!
- Gains 40 heat, sinks 38! Overheating!

Dire Wolf H
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 40!

Ebon Jaguar
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1510!
- Fires ER PPC at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 8, hit Head (2/9 armor remains)! Pilot hit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires TAG at Chameleon (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 40!

Huntsman A
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Excalibur (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Excalibur (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System - 2 Pulse Laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (1/13 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-10 at Excalibur (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Crab
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1214!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 8, hit Rear Left Torso (2/10 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (8/18 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (8/14 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 35 heat sinks 36! Overheating! ACE!

Longbow
- Fires Large Laser at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires TAG at Huntsman A (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 26!

Longbow
- Holds fire!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Holds fire!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 36!

Excalibur
- Holds fire!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (17/32 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (34/42 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 7, 6 missiles hit Left Leg (32/42 armor remains), Right Leg (40/42 armor remains), Center Torso (44/46 armor remains), Right Torso (30/32 armor remains), Left Leg (30/42 armor remains), Right Torso (28/32 armor remains)!
- Gains 41 heat, sinks 28! Overheating! Ace!

Hunchback
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Hunchback
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 smoke = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 smoke = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Chameleon
- Fires Large Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (0/8 structure remains)! Leg blown off! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires Large Laser at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (26/42 armor remains)!
- Fires TAG at Warhawk B (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 28 heat sinks 32!

Chameleon
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat sinks 32!

Phoenix
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 30!

Bobcat
- Charges Snub-Nose PPC!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 24!

Locust
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2023!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Inferno SRM-2 at Kraken 3 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Inferno SRM-2 at Kraken 3 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Inferno SRM-2 at Kraken 3 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 20!

Arrow IV Salvo
- Must roll a 4+ to strike the map: rolled 5, succeeds!
- Must roll a 4+ to strike the map: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Missile explodes harmlessly!
- Missile explodes harmlessly!

End Phase:
Chameleon
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 5, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Coyote
- Attacks Kraken 3 with Lance (3 base + 2 movement + 0 target movement + 1 opposed piloting = 6): rolled 5, miss!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Crab
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Coyote
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Arrow IV Counter: 2 Turn

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (9/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (2/3 remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (I lost count again, thanks smoke! :argh: )
- Defend Clan Equipment (22/36 units remaining)

Enemy Status:
Everything is a hair’s breadth from exploding. Probably.

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Longbow +1
- Longbow +0
- Black Knight +1
- Excalibur +0
- Coyote +ACE
- Crab +ACE
- Chameleon +1
- Chameleon +1
- Hunchback +2
- Hunchback +1
- Phoenix +??
- Bobcat +??

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Oh for gently caress'S SAKE. Really? :( Two phase two mechs down in a single turn. They could've lasted longer than that I'm sure. One to a headshot too. Ouch.

One of the new guys is a goddamn psychopath.

And the Coyote didn't go down, and didn't take any significant damage. It's also ACE now. I'm pretty hosed.

Edit: Other than the Ebon Jaguar, we're all in big heavy mechs with a lot of firepower so that's good. However there are a lot of heavy hitters on the enemy team as well, and to top it off, we're all very separated now. It isn't looking good I think. Open to suggestions and advice!

Edit: Why didn't the SRMs in my head fire as well, PTN?

Artificer fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Don't get disheartened!

• Locked thread