Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wow, I feel bad. Not one of the Kodiak's allies is willing to take a risk to back it up.

And that's not really fair, a couple of them are way out of position, but two of them had every opportunity to be there and aren't. That'll teach me to write an unlikable player mechwarrior. :v:

Edit: Oh god, what an awful spread.

Oh god. We never really could figure out when we were going to die, so we never got to really make use of the spawning in mechanic, and so we got spread out all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
:psyboom: BattleTech

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The suspense, the suspense! :ohdear:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Either the entire opfor rolled snake eyes or we just had a quadruple headcap :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nah, it's just the first time I've ever seen someone hit with every shot and still manage to do no damage.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It was Kial, wasn't it?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Sounds like a partial cover issue.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

And that's not really fair, a couple of them are way out of position, but two of them had every opportunity to be there and aren't. That'll teach me to write an unlikable player mechwarrior. :v:
Edit: Oh god, what an awful spread.

I probably should have moved closer the first turn, but this turn .... I played the numbers. It wasn't something I was pleased with.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nah, it's just the first time I've ever seen someone hit with every shot and still manage to do no damage.

Holy poo poo. :negative:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Voyager I posted:

It was Kial, wasn't it?

hahaha this is such a cruel thing to say

(but probably true)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh gently caress me, I wrote down the Chameleons' speed wrong (Coyote -> Chameleon copy-pasta error) and have been running them as 5/8/0s all match. They're 6/9/6s.

:suicide:

I knew I remembered them having jump jets, but I kept looking at my quick reference sheet and going "Nope. I'm just misremembering!"

Movement inhibitors disengaged!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Hahahahah well now everyone's going to die. RIP players.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Keru fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 18, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I've been wondering why they were underperforming so badly. Turns out it's because a lot of weight was devoted to engine they weren't using. Just like the Banshee! :v:

I mean, screw up? Me?! This was all part of the master plan to lull everyone into a false-sense of they're almost dead anyway it's not like this is going to matter. Turn 25 means the Locusts are back though!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I've been wondering why they were underperforming so badly. Turns out it's because a lot of weight was devoted to engine they weren't using. Just like the Banshee! :v:

I mean, screw up? Me?! This was all part of the master plan to lull everyone into a false-sense of they're almost dead anyway it's not like this is going to matter. Turn 25 means the Locusts are back though!

Is that when you remember they're all Locust LCT-6M's and charge into everything for 30+ damage?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Nah, they're a terrible Blackguard special. Four Inferno SRM-2s, 1 ton of ammo (so they run out, are forced to flee the battlefield to rearm, and return with full ammo). They're pretty much a (flammable, highly explosive) joke.

VVV They're still better than the Stingers!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 19, 2014

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nah, they're a terrible Blackguard special. Four Inferno SRM-2s, 1 ton of ammo (so they run out, are forced to flee the battlefield to rearm, and return with full ammo). They're pretty much a (flammable, highly explosive) joke.

That's ninja thinking, that is.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

I thought it was Turn 23? So many numbers ...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ultimatum: Tactical Update 25

The enemy Assault `Mech loomed in the smoke like some prehistoric ambush predator. Its near-perfect camouflage mirrored the swirling murk and reduced it to a vague shadow visible only where the smoke parted to pass it by. Star Captain Bekker had underestimated the power of that machine—only a last-second shift had spared him from taking the enemy machine’s wicked pike straight to the face. The blow had shattered the two-and-a-half tons of armor protecting the Kodiak’s center torso and severed a dozen frame members as well.

It was a monster, and for the first time in his career Star Captain Bekker wasn’t having fun. He squeezed his primary target interlock circuit, unleashing every weapon in the Kodiak’s massive arsenal. Only the belly-mounted ER Large Laser failed to fire as the arm-mounted medium lasers siphoned away most of the fusion reactor’s power. A capacitor charge warning popped up on Bekker’s secondary monitor but it hardly mattered, a moment later the monitor cracked down the center as heat in the Kodiak’s cockpit spiked to unbearable levels.

The enemy machine shook under the barrage, and globules of molten armor spattered against the Kodiak’s canopy like white-hot rain. As they ran, they cooled to a deep, angry red-orange. Bekker watched them, his scarred lips aching in the heat. The enemy pilot didn’t even have the common decency to die under the Kodiak’s wild assault. A calm settled over Bekker as his foe twisted methodically.

As though showing its contempt, the enemy’s chin-mounted flamer-canon spat an iridescent blue-green ball that caught the Kodiak square in the chest. The computer howled failure warnings but Bekker hardly cared. He was now certain this was where he was going to die. The enemy’s LB-X autocannon roared. Perhaps the pilot hadn’t realized the Kodiak was already dead. Bekker felt a strange sense of satisfaction at the act: his enemy hadn’t executed him with a single weapon as though he were some mad animal, the Rim Worlder had fought with everything he’d had. Bekker had lost this fight from the outset, but at least his foes had treated him with honor.

The computer howled an ejection warning just as one of the enemy’s LB-X shells exploded against the Kodiak’s canopy, shattering one of the shaped charges intended to blow the armored transplex away. Bekker barely felt any pressure at all as the command couch’s rockets crushed him into the ceiling of his own cockpit.

Movement Phase
Crab (ACE)
- Deactivates Void Signature System!

Combat Phase
Kodiak
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0314!
- Fires Ultra AC/20 (ultra) at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 8, 2 shells hit Left Leg (0/37 armor, 4/21 structure remains (Crit!)), Left Torso (11/31 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (5/32 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (30/37 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/32 armor, 15/17 structure remains)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Leg (23/37 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (38/45 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (18/32 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (4/31 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (4/31 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Unknown Assault (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 Void Signature System + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 7, 3 missiles hit Left Arm (16/32 armor remains), Left Arm (14/32 armor remains), Left Torso (2/31 armor remains)!
- Gains 56 heat, sinks 40! Overheating!

Kraken 3
- Fires LRM-15 at Crab (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Crab (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Crab (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Crab (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 38!

Dire Wolf H
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1405!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Chameleon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement +1 Heavy Laser (whoops! I’ve been forgetting about this :v: ) + 1 partial cover + 0 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Chameleon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement +1 Heavy Laser + 1 partial cover + 0 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 12, hit Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Chameleon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 0 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Chameleon (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 0 Void Signature System - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain (what did that hill ever do to you, anyway?))!
- Gains 45 heat, sinks 40! Overheating!

Atlas IIC
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (17/24 armor remains)!
- Fires Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle 40 at Chameleon (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System - 1 range = 5): rolled 8, 5 projectiles hit Rear Center Torso (4/9 armor remains), Rear Right Torso (3/8 armor remains), Rear Right Torso (0/8 armor, 10/12 structure remains (Crit!)), Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remains), Left Arm (7/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Chameleon (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Rear Right Torso (8/12 structure remains (Crit!)), Rear Right Torso (6/10 structure remains (Crit!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Chameleon (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 0 Void Signature System = 10): rolled 9, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 38!

Dire Wolf B
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (23/33 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (10/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV (Artemis) at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 7): rolled 7, 20 missiles hit Center Torso (18/33 armor remains), Right Torso (17/22 armor remains), Right Leg (23/28 armor remains), Left Leg (23/28 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV (Artemis) at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 7): rolled 11, 20 missiles hit Left Leg (18/28 armor remains), Right Arm (15/20 armor remains), Center Torso (13/33 armor remains), Left Arm (5/20 armor remains)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Coyote (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires flamer at Coyote (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 48 heat, sinks 36! Overheating!

Crab (ACE)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (22/34 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (14/34 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat - 2 Pulse Laser = 3): rolled 3, hit Left Torso (22/32 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat - 2 Pulse Laser = 3): rolled 5, hit Left Torso (16/32 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Kraken 3 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heat = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 36 heat sinks 36! Overheating! ACE!

Unknown Assault (ACE)
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Kodiak (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 heat + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (0/31 structure remains)! Target gains 3 heat! `Mech Destroyed!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Cluster) at Kodiak (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 Void Signature System + 1 Heat - 1 Cluster = 4): rolled 6, 6 submunitions hit Right Leg (22/34 armor remains), Head (3/9 armor remains (pilot killed while ejecting!)), Right Arm (16/32 armor remains), Center Torso, Right Torso (21/32 armor remains), Center Torso!
- Charges PPC Capacitor!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 26! Overheating! ACE!

Longbow
- Fires Large Laser at Incubus 1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement + 1 partial cover = 1): automatically hit Rear Center Torso (0/5 armor, 7/10 structure remains)! Crit!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 26!

Black Knight
- Fires Heavy PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (charged) at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke + 1 Heavy PPC = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 36!

Excalibur
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (19/34 armor remains)!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 22!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (Charged) at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 39 heat, sinks 28! Overheating! ACE!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Incubus (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 0): automatically hit Rear Center Torso (0/10 structure remains)! `Mech destroyed!
Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (Charged) at Incubus (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 0): automatically hit Rear Center Torso!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (Charged) at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 8): rolled 4, miss!

Coyote
- Fires ER Large Laser at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (Charged) at Dire Wolf B (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 target movement + 1 partial cover + 3 smoke = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (0/32 armor, 13/21 structure remains)! Crit!

Chameleon
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1506!
- Fires Large Laser at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by that same hill :argh:)!
- Fires TAG at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 10, hit!
- Gains 20 heat sinks 32!

Chameleon
- Fires Large Laser at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Arm (21/34 armor remains)!
- Fires TAG at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 Void Signature System = 6): rolled 8, hit!
- Gains 25 heat sinks 32!

Longbow
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV (Semi-Guided) at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + enemy movement ignored + spotter movement ignored + spotter shooting ignored + indirect fire penalty ignored = 4): rolled 6, 12 missiles hit Left Torso (22/32 armor remains), Right Arm (28/33 armor remains), Left Leg (30/41 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV (Semi-Guided) at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + enemy movement ignored + spotter movement ignored + spotter shooting ignored + indirect fire penalty ignored = 4): rolled 7, 12 missiles hit Left Arm (16/34 armor remains), Right Arm (23/34 armor remains), Right Arm (22/34 armor remains)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 26!

???
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV (Semi-Guided) at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + enemy movement ignored + spotter movement ignored + spotter shooting ignored + indirect fire penalty ignored + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 7, 16 missiles hit Center Torso (41/47 armor remains), Right Torso (12/32 armor remains), Center Torso (36/47 armor remains (TAC!)), Center Torso (35/47 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV (Semi-Guided) at Dire Wolf H (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement + enemy movement ignored + spotter movement ignored + spotter shooting ignored + indirect fire penalty ignored + 1 Void Signature System = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 26!

End Phase:
Unknown Assault
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Leg! No critical hits sustained!

Chameleon
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Dire Wolf B
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Gauss Rifle hit! Gauss Rifle explodes!
- Dire Wolf B suffers 20 damage to Right Torso (0/21 structure remains)! Torso destroyed! Arm blown off!
- - Remaining damage vented harmlessly by CASE!

Dire Wolf H
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! 2 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink Hit!
- - Engine hit!

Physical Combat Phase:

End Phase:

Turn End Phase:

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Unknown Assault
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Coyote
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Coyote
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Coyote
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Coyote
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Crab
- TSM Activated!
- Gains ACE Status!

Chameleon

Chameleon

Special Rules
Overheat Ace: The Rim World Blackguard gain Ace status when they overheat by 10 points or more!

Blind: Enemy units are only visible in direct Line of Sight

Hidden Units: Some enemy units remain hidden until they attack. Additionally, units equipped with Void Signature Systems may expend a turn’s movement to hide themselves if they are not in direct line of sight.

Expect Surprises: When the players lose their Phase 1 units, they will gain control of a powerful Phase 2 unit. When the players lose their Phase 2 unit, they will still have a chance to influence the outcome of the battle with a Phase 3 unit. Some of these units start on the map, others will enter from elsewhere.

Player Status:

Glorious Deaths

Phase 2 / Phase 3 Objectives:
- Defeat as many enemy `Mechs as possible (13/39 defeated)
- Defend Clan HQ Vehicles (2/3 remaining)
- Defend Clan Personnel (20 tents remain! )
- Defend Clan Equipment (17/36 units remaining)

Enemy Status:
Everything is a hair’s breadth from exploding. Probably.

Enemy Movement Mods:
- Unknown Assault +ACE
- Unknown Assault +???
- Longbow +0
- Longbow +???
- Black Knight +0
- Excalibur +0
- Coyote +ACE
- Coyote +ACE
- Coyote +ACE
- Coyote +ACE
- Crab +ACE
- Chameleon +3
- Chameleon +3
- Phoenix +0
- Bobcat +0
- Locust +3
- Locust +3
- Locust +2

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 19, 2014

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Just a quick note ... the 100 tons Left Leg gained 20 armour.

Apart from that ... that was probably one of the worst turns of rolling we've had.

Kial fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 19, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Unless something didn't save, my spreadsheets are correct.

Edit: And I should add: if my spreadsheets didn't save, everyone would be off. I may have copy-pasta fialed the wrong hit location though, the UA's left and right legs are both at 3 armor.

Nope, you're right. Something didn't save. It's fixed.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 19, 2014

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Unless something didn't save, my spreadsheets are correct.

I'm going off this from last turn.

Kodiak
- Kicks Unknown Assault (2 base + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 2 Void Signature System + 1 Clanner - 2 kick = 5): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (3/37 armor remains)!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That Dire Wolf B has lost almost all of its teeth.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
That turn just sunk the mission. The Dire Wolves are stuffed and I'm left facing two 100 tons that refuse to die, or even take a decent crit.

That was a TAC that gave a heat sink + engine hit .... geez.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He should fire his 40 LRMs into the Ultimatum hex.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kial posted:

That turn just sunk the mission. The Dire Wolves are stuffed and I'm left facing two 100 tons that refuse to die, or even take a decent crit.

That was a TAC that gave a heat sink + engine hit .... geez.

Maybe PTN will let you Stackpole yourself. It'd almost make up for your luck.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I'm considering two options: Moving into 1421 while firing at the Crab, to hopefully eventually move into a position where I can help the Atlas.

Or

1524, forest for more cover and fight the Crab.

I don't think there's any move where I can protect my back anymore. Moving back where I was last turn doesn't protect my back either, AND puts me closer to the lighter mechs nearby.

Thus I can either try to kill the Crab before it kills me, or try to rejoin my Atlas ally while shooting at the Crab along the way.

Maybe not. My rear armor is obviously quite thin. I'm not sure what else I can do other than get into the forest and hope.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

That hill needs to be MVP for this mission, god drat that was hilarious.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Next turn should verify whether the last 5 enemies appeared on the field on top of the returning Locusts. If not there should be plenty of time for the Die Gloriously win.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Six enemy Mechs with TSM activated?

:rip:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I want this mission made into a movie or comic. It's the perfect Giant Mechs beat each other up mission but with all the Battletech stupidity cut out. It's well designed Mechs where every component makes sense with the most advanced technology and smart tactics fighting more of the same in large numbers. Including invisible Mechs with pikes and sawn-off chargable PPCs. The only thing that's missing to make it even more cinematic would be AA vehicles shooting into the air at fighters and bombers dogfighting overhead.

Keep on writing PTN, this is awesome no matter who wins.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wow, I feel bad. Not one of the Kodiak's allies is willing to take a risk to back it up.

That's what you get for being a jerk! Why couldn't the clans have made their eugenics program include removing jerk-ness?

PoptartsNinja posted:

The computer howled an ejection warning just as one of the enemy’s LB-X shells exploded against the Kodiak’s canopy, shattering one of the shaped charges intended to blow the armored transplex away. Bekker barely felt any pressure at all as the command couch’s rockets crushed him into the ceiling of his own cockpit.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
There is something completely wonderful about watching Clan Assault Mechs getting their teeth kicked in over and over. All that firepower is useless when you lack the mobility to escape the enemy. Medium Mechs (and fast heavies!) for life.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

All that firepower is useless when you lack the mobility to escape the enemy.

That's why I consider the Phase 3 units weaker than the Phase 2. They're powerful but once they're out of position they're probably going to stay out of position.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Maybe PTN will let you Stackpole yourself. It'd almost make up for your luck.

Would probably be a lot more effective for Berryjon to do it with the Dire Wolf B, given how many mechs are so close to it.

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's why I consider the Phase 3 units weaker than the Phase 2. They're powerful but once they're out of position they're probably going to stay out of position.

Given the sheer amount of armor that assaults can carry, and that you will eventually be hit, I would say the armor is more important. Having decent speed is good, don't get me wrong, but in a defensive fight where you're holding down the camp, mobility doesn't seem as important. The Huntsman, for instance, did well and survived for quite some time... because the enemy mechs ignored it half the time in favor of loving up the parked mechs and vees and HQ. And in the end, its mobility didn't stop it from being out of position and getting swarmed.

Likewise, the Phase 2/3 mechs starting out spread apart doesn't help things, whereas the NRWR units seem to come on in groups of 2+. Always know where your buddy is! This makes it far easier to isolate the Clan mechs and take them out. While being faster would mean they would have a better chance at meeting up and staying close together, it would also mean less armor and weaponry. which when you're outnumbered something like 3:1 is important.

This is all dependent on the person's playstyle and the specifics of the encounter of course, but I do think that for a "last stand hold the encampment" mission having armor and weapons is more important.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Shoeless posted:

Would probably be a lot more effective for Berryjon to do it with the Dire Wolf B, given how many mechs are so close to it.

Given the sheer amount of armor that assaults can carry, and that you will eventually be hit, I would say the armor is more important. Having decent speed is good, don't get me wrong, but in a defensive fight where you're holding down the camp, mobility doesn't seem as important. The Huntsman, for instance, did well and survived for quite some time... because the enemy mechs ignored it half the time in favor of loving up the parked mechs and vees and HQ. And in the end, its mobility didn't stop it from being out of position and getting swarmed.

Likewise, the Phase 2/3 mechs starting out spread apart doesn't help things, whereas the NRWR units seem to come on in groups of 2+. Always know where your buddy is! This makes it far easier to isolate the Clan mechs and take them out. While being faster would mean they would have a better chance at meeting up and staying close together, it would also mean less armor and weaponry. which when you're outnumbered something like 3:1 is important.

This is all dependent on the person's playstyle and the specifics of the encounter of course, but I do think that for a "last stand hold the encampment" mission having armor and weapons is more important.

Give me a 10/15 Spider any day. Movement mods are a huge deal- speed is life.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
That was a hell of a turn right there.

The good news is that the first 100-tonner is 4 damage away from being mission-killed and Kial's Atlas does damage in a hilarious number of 5-7 point chunks, though it's pretty likely that the bad guy will just fade back into the smoke.

The Dire Wolf down south took some very unfortunate crits, but I wouldn't worry about it given that it's surrounded by a literal lance of TSM'ed ACE Bobcats.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

KnoxZone posted:

There is something completely wonderful about watching Clan Assault Mechs getting their teeth kicked in over and over. All that firepower is useless when you lack the mobility to escape the enemy. Medium Mechs (and fast heavies!) for life.

The situation might be better if the players still had faster mechs like that Goshawk to take swipes at the flanks and such while assaults stand and deliver. Or if they had all come in at the same place, formed a firing line and just cut poo poo down, Hesperus II style.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

The Dire Wolf down south took some very unfortunate crits, but I wouldn't worry about it given that it's surrounded by a literal lance of TSM'ed ACE Bobcats.

Coyotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Dang, I had high hopes for Bekker. Dude had some serious potential for a good Khan! Oh well, he died alpha-striking and what more can you really ask for?

Also... that Dire Wolf B is moving at 1/2, and standing just a couple hexes away from four Coyotes with ace, lances and active TSM. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 'mech quite that hosed before.

• Locked thread