Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

But is everything really going his way, or does Amaris just think everything's going his way? :tinfoil:

Clearly, his paranoid and degenerating mental state is a product of MARS RAYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

W.T. Fits posted:

Clearly, his paranoid and degenerating mental state is a product of MARS RAYS.

No, no, that would be the Ares Convection. Completely different thing.

BMcDonough
Jul 30, 2013

Readingaccount posted:

Amaris is the defender here, protecting his people from genocide, not the aggressor.

Amaris could protect his people by surrendering himself and all members of his bloodline to the Clans.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

But is everything really going his way, or does Amaris just think everything's going his way? :tinfoil:

I think it doesn't much matter; as long as he thinks it is and is presented to us in such a way that it appears to be the case, it may as well be true, as far as we're able to discern. Which gives rise to at least one interesting philosophical question that I won't go into unless someone actually expresses interest. Either way, it looks like everything's going his way, so we want him to get punched in the face.

Edit: also can someone point me to the political update or wherever it was shown that the Clans here are planning to completely wipe out everyone in the NRWR and use orbital bombardment? Cause everyone seems to be taking that as a given but I can't remember it being stated, nor do I really recall in the fluff updates the Bears/Foxes/Ravens saying they were gonna. As far as I know they just want Steve-O (stealing that) and his family dead.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
If you're not entirely sure what your target is named, it never hurts to give me a hex number (or a secondary target). C3i is really powerful but it doesn't let you curve the bullet. :shobon:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Shoeless posted:

Edit: also can someone point me to the political update or wherever it was shown that the Clans here are planning to completely wipe out everyone in the NRWR and use orbital bombardment? Cause everyone seems to be taking that as a given but I can't remember it being stated, nor do I really recall in the fluff updates the Bears/Foxes/Ravens saying they were gonna. As far as I know they just want Steve-O (stealing that) and his family dead.

The Clans haven't mentioned anything about massacring the NRWR's population. The only time it was brought up was when the Wolverines revealed themselves at the start of this mission. And the Wolverines perceptions are coloured by what the other Clans did to them hundreds of years before. That's not to say that the Clans won't resort to orbital bombardment, like the Turtle Bay incident in the canon timeline, but the Smoke Jaguars aren't part of the invasion force this time and the Snow Ravens / Sea Foxes seem relatively reasonable as far as Clanners go.

As for the Amaris thing, I'll repeat what I said before. He's a politician. He's smug and confident because everything is going his way, but I seriously doubt it'll last once he starts running into difficulties. You don't publicly backstab a House Lord without reprisals.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Scintilla posted:

The Clans haven't mentioned anything about massacring the NRWR's population. The only time it was brought up was when the Wolverines revealed themselves at the start of this mission. And the Wolverines perceptions are coloured by what the other Clans did to them hundreds of years before. That's not to say that the Clans won't resort to orbital bombardment, like the Turtle Bay incident in the canon timeline, but the Smoke Jaguars aren't part of the invasion force this time and the Snow Ravens / Sea Foxes seem relatively reasonable as far as Clanners go.

Okay, see I was wondering because I couldn't remember it being said but some folk were talking like it was declared in black and white. I really don't trust the Wolverines' perspective on this; they could easily be projecting based on what happened to them, or things could have changed since they've been there. Heck, they may even know that it's unlikely that the Clans will go full genocide and are just using that to motivate the new recruits. Seems really premature to believe something of this scale based on some as yet nameless dude saying it at a presentation.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Trial By Fire: Tactical Update 5

“Blake’s balls!” Ariana spat as the Cyclops turned her way. She hadn’t been able to make out the huge enemy machine’s armament before, but now that she was closer she wanted to be anywhere else in the universe. “The one-eye’s definitely a—”

Her teeth clacked painfully as her Battlemaster rang like an eighty-five ton bell. A hypersonic slug of nickel-iron nearly a meter long shattered against the heavy ferro-carbide composite on her machine’s left breast and a cloud of razor-sharp metal shrapnel sent whole tree branches tumbling to the ground. Her machine twisted to the left unbidden and nearly spun off its feet as her gyro struggled to bleed off the kinetic force imparted by the impact. Nearly two tons of her precious armor fell away in sheets as thin as a piece of paper and larger than most hovercars as the microscopic bonds between each armor layer deformed and shattered.

Ariana tasted blood, and winced and resisted the urge to spit into her own faceplate. “—Mark 6. Aaah, that hurt. That really hurt: Blinky’s got himself a Heavy Gauss Rifle.”

“Commando’s an old Mark 4,” Lucaino’s voice warbled, as though a machine older than the man’s grandfather was actually a threat. Ariana listened closely, trying to identify whether the excessively tinny sound of his voice was simply a telltale sign of an overheating machine or whether it was an early warning of enemy ECM coverage. “I’m Narc’d.”

“poo poo,” Shoji cursed. “We’re in trouble, aren’t we?”

“Like hell we are,” Ariana replied, “but I’m gonna need everyone’s help in a sec. They’re collapsing on my position. Rayford, buddy, I could use your firepower right about now.”

Movement Phase
Crusader
- Player w/out internet, temporarily controlled by apostateCourier

Combat Phase
Crab (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Commando (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Commando (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Commando (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Commando (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Commando (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains heat 41, sinks 36! Overheating!

Battlemaster (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1223!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Cyclops (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (27/37 armor remaining)! Target gains 2 heat!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Cyclops (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Cyclops (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Cyclops (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Cyclops (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Cyclops (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains heat 34, sinks 34!

Coyote (Player)
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC w/ PPC Capacitor (Charged) at Cargo Container 1923: No line of sight to target! Target already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 30!

Sentinel (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1614!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 (Standard) at Wreckage 1515 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 3): rolled 6, hit (45/50 durability remaining)!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 (Standard) at Wreckage 1515 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 3): rolled 8, hit (40/50 durability remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wreckage 1515 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 3): rolled 10, hit (35/50 durability remaining)!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 20!

Shadow Hawk (Player)
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 (Precision) at Cyclops: no Line of Sight to target!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cyclops: no Line of Sight to target!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cyclops: no Line of Sight to target!
- Fires iNarc (Explosive) at Cyclops: no Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 20!

Crusader (Player)
- Fires LRM-15 (Narc Capable) at Cyclops (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, 9 missiles hit Right Leg (32/37 armor remaining), Center Torso (42/46 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 (Narc Capable) at Cyclops (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Narc Capable) at Cyclops (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, 6 missiles hit Left Arm (27/29 armor remaining), Left Torso (27/29 armor remaining), Left Arm (25/29 armor remaining), Center Torso (40/46 armor remaining), Right Torso (27/29 armor remaining), Center Torso (38/46 armor remaining)!
- Fires iNarc (ammo unspecified, rolled 4: explosive) at Cyclops (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cyclops (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (24/29 armor remaining)!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 20!

Commando
- Fires Narc Missile Beacon at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 (Narc Capable) at Crab (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Coyotl
- Holds fire!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

Kintaro
- Holds fire!

Wolverine
- Holds fire!

Thunderbolt
- Holds fire!

Mountain Lion
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Crusader (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Crusader (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Crusader (3 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 26!

Woodsman
- Holds fire!

Cyclops
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Battlemaster (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (8/28 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Battlemaster (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Battlemaster (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Battlemaster (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (23/27 armor remains)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Battlemaster (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

End Phase:
Battlemaster (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Cyclops
- HGR forces a piloting test (4 base - 1 weight class = 3): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Player Status:

Neutral Forces:

Opposing Force (level)
Cyclops (Mk. 6) – Walked +1
Woodsman Prime (Mk. 6) – Walked +0
Mountain Lion (Mk. 4) – Stationary +0
Thunderbolt (Mk. ?) – Ran +0
Kintaro (Mk. ?) – Stationary +0
Wolverine (Mk. ?) – Walked +0
Coyotl A (Mk. 6) – Ran +2
Commando (Mk. 4) – Ran +2

Mission Objective:
Plunder Recovered (0/1500 points)

Secondary Objectives:
Enemy Units Damaged (0/400 points)
Penalty Accrued (-0/-300 points)

Orders Due: Tuesday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 10, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
:stare:

Heavy Gauss Rifle? I thought those were Skye exclusive. Amaris either has some excellent spies or his scientists are great minds that think alike.

...You might want to kill that thing ASAP.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

:stonk: Oh, we are in trouble.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I think the BattleMaster needs to back off a bit. This turn may hurt otherwise.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
At a glance I'd advise everyone to cluster up around the broken crates. Get yourself a bit of cover from the Cyclops and his buddies. Also the Coyotl is in prime position for a good thumping, it's exposed on top of the ridge.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Isn't there a HGR piloting check for moving and firing in the same turn?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Not a great round of fire for the players and the Battlemaster getting narc'd and gutshot is pretty drat unlucky. Hopefully things'll turn around shortly.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Crab's narc'd, the battlemaster just got shot.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Well poo poo. :catstare:

From the looks of it I have 3 options:
1) jump in the lake. This assumes moving into water doesn't cost mp.

2) Walk into the heavy woods to my north to get some +3 protection against the horde over there. This gives the option of charging through the north and linking back up with the lights but ditching the southern guys is a dick move.

3) I could turn left and back up a couple of hexes into the woods. It should put enough woods between me and the blob to break line of sight on everything but the cyclops.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Great Beer posted:

+1 mp

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Great Beer posted:

2) Walk into the heavy woods to my north to get some +3 protection against the horde over there. This gives the option of charging through the north and linking back up with the lights but ditching the southern guys is a dick move.

3) I could turn left and back up a couple of hexes into the woods. It should put enough woods between me and the blob to break line of sight on everything but the cyclops.

Back up one, turn to face 1023, then keep backing as far as you have MP to break LOS. Then shoot up the Coyotl!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Crab

Planning to move to 1715 (Sentinel's current hex) and shooting 2x ERLL and 2x ERML at the objective in 1515.

Sentinel, we will need 10 points more damage to break it. You should split fire to another objective if you have the range.

Battlemaster if you follow Gwaihir's advice you can make it to 1421 with LOS to the Coyotl, and you will break LOS to the main blob. I would suggest you do it.

Crusader, I think you're in a really difficult position. If you stay and dance with the Coyotl, you risk getting cut-off, but you're slow, and trying to join up with the main group is going to leave you exposed to the entire enemy blob. You can retreat towards the spawn point, and try to kill the Coyotl with the help of the Coyote. This is probably the only option which doesn't result in you getting horribly murdered.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking the same thing. I'm probably going to go down before too long, I'll be fairly isolated.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I can, the question is do I continue towards the most northern objective or should I start moving left to put fire in the backs of the blob? Are we trying to disengage from them right now?

If I go full sprint forward, do I need a piloting roll for going down 2 levels? I don't really want to hang on the high ground in case that Woodsman gets a shot in

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So the Crab gets to eat All The Missiles next time.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Chronojam posted:

So the Crab gets to eat All The Missiles next time.

It's just a +2 on the cluster table if the enemy hits with a missile weapon and fired with NARC-capable ammo. Doesn't make him any more likely to be hit, so Crab should probably try to get a +3 move mod while ending up in light woods if possible, or even heavy if it can manage.

Also PTN it looks like in the update for profile info that the Crab's move profile is still 6/9 despite being orange colored. Typo?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Paingod556 posted:

I can, the question is do I continue towards the most northern objective or should I start moving left to put fire in the backs of the blob? Are we trying to disengage from them right now?

If I go full sprint forward, do I need a piloting roll for going down 2 levels? I don't really want to hang on the high ground in case that Woodsman gets a shot in

I think we should take some potshots at the northernmost objective but should start cutting westwards. There are plenty more objectives that way, and it looks like we will need to deal with the blob or its going to crush the crusader and coyote in short order.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

BMcDonough posted:

Amaris could protect his people by surrendering himself and all members of his bloodline to the Clans.

They would also demand the surrender and annexation of all their subjects first so they could put a brutal regime into place to ensure that all Amaris supporters (and potential bloodline members whom have escaped the suicidal surrender) are wiped out forever. Cue decades of slaughter and indoctrination, and the fall of technology and industry into the hands of the Clans who will turn it against other bastions of non-psychotic cultures defending themselves from unprovoked warfare (unless you count those ancient grudges).

And these are the Clans, during any such occupation there might be an ilKhan who's had a bad day or for political reasons decides to just wipe out the NRWRs population anyway on the grounds of the presence of the Wolverines and the people's past support for the Amaris family.
They've wiped out their own Clans before over less.

Of course he is planning the eventual takeover of the IS admittely, but pretty much everyone is expansionistic, he's just more ambitious and ruthless than the average Inner Sphere politician (but not by that much, looking at the Capellans, the former Combine and the Taurians), and far more civilized than the Clanners.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 11, 2014

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Readingaccount posted:

They would also demand the surrender and annexation of all their subjects first so they could put a brutal regime into place to ensure that all Amaris supporters (and potential bloodline members whom have escaped the suicidal surrender) are wiped out forever. Cue decades of slaughter and indoctrination, and the fall of technology and industry into the hands of the Clans who will turn it against other bastions of non-psychotic cultures defending themselves from unprovoked warfare (unless you count those ancient grudges).

And these are the Clans, during any such occupation there might be an ilKhan who's had a bad day or for political reasons decides to just wipe out the NRWRs population anyway on the grounds of the presence of the Wolverines and the people's past support for the Amaris family.

Of course he is planning the eventual takeover of the IS admittely, but pretty much everyone is expansionistic, he's just more ambitious and ruthless than the average Inner Sphere politician (but not by that much, looking at the Capellans, the former Combine and the Taurians), and far more civilized than the Clanners.

Wow, major assumptions going on here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

Also PTN it looks like in the update for profile info that the Crab's move profile is still 6/9 despite being orange colored. Typo?

Yeah, that's a typo. It's down to 5/8, I'll fix it once I get home.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Readingaccount posted:

I think you're kind of reaching here. There has been pretty much no direct evidence that this is going to happen. Maybe if the Smoke Jaguars were part of the task force, but they're still in Clan space being assholes to their non-warrior castes.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Scintilla posted:

I think you're kind of reaching here. There has been pretty much no direct evidence that this is going to happen. Maybe if the Smoke Jaguars were part of the task force, but they're still in Clan space being assholes to their non-warrior castes.

Closest thing to canon Jags here is I think the Widowmakers, and they're on the other side of the 'sphere.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Don't underestimate the spite of a society raised from birth, for generations, to hate one specific person.

Also, the closest thing to the Smoke Jaguars is and always will be the Smoke Jaguars. We'll be seeing them soon.

Maybe.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 11, 2014

BMcDonough
Jul 30, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Also, the closest thing to the Smoke Jaguars is and always will be the Smoke Jaguars. We'll be seeing them soon.

Oh, god, I hope so.

Clam Smoke Jaguar: When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every motherfucker in the room, including yourself.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

BMcDonough posted:

Oh, god, I hope so.

Clam Smoke Jaguar: When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every motherfucker in the room, including yourself.

Especially yourself.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If you don't think even the semi-reasonable Clans are willing to commit nuclear genocide over stupid quasi-religious reasons, I dunno what to say.

Even the Ghost Bears went full-on warcrimes at the merest whiff of the Wolverines and they're about as likeable as the Clans get. And then they genocided the surviving Nova Cats too less than a century later. Though in that case they were mostly finishing what the Combine started.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If you don't think even the semi-reasonable Clans are willing to commit nuclear genocide over stupid quasi-religious reasons, I dunno what to say.

Even the Ghost Bears went full-on warcrimes at the merest whiff of the Wolverines and they're about as likeable as the Clans get. And then they genocided the surviving Nova Cats too less than a century later. Though in that case they were mostly finishing what the Combine started.

Oh I'm sure they're willing to do it. I just think that assuming that that's what they're going to do when there hasn't been anything indicated it yet is premature. Again, if they were going to just killstroy their way through the entire NRWR, then why haven't they started already? Why head specifically for Aundurien? Why go to where they believe Amaris is instead of just wading in for some good ol' fashioned slaughter? They may have their reasons, and it still could totally happen! I just think taking it as a given at this point is going too far. I mean we'd expect Amaris to be literally Space Hitler too, but then it turned out he wasn't, or at least that he's better at hiding it than canon Amaris. The road goes both ways.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

I mean we'd expect Amaris to be literally Space Hitler too

That still confuses me, to be honest. Monster or otherwise, the "Canon" Stefan Amaris died 300 years ago (give or take a few).

And the canon Stefan Amaris VII was a bit player with delusions of grandeur who got crushed by the Free Worlds League.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

That still confuses me, to be honest. Monster or otherwise, the "Canon" Stefan Amaris died 300 years ago (give or take a few).

And the canon Stefan Amaris VII was a bit player with delusions of grandeur who got crushed by the Free Worlds League.

Uh, I'm pretty sure it's science fact that descendants of a person who have their exact name but with a number at the end simply act as vessels for the original's soul to inhabit.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Uh, the Ghost Bears aren't really a good example. Canonically they're one of the most vicious and destructive Clans when you get them annoyed. Case in point: Repeatedly harassing the Hell's Horses over the years due to an accident. It's not like they were even particularly using what they would capture, they were doing it just because.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Uh, the Ghost Bears aren't really a good example. Canonically they're one of the most vicious and destructive Clans when you get them annoyed. Case in point: Repeatedly harassing the Hell's Horses over the years due to an accident. It's not like they were even particularly using what they would capture, they were doing it just because.

Yeah, the Nova Cats or possibly Goliath Scorpions would probably a better example of chill clans. Hey, there we go, new clan leadership position. Forget the ilClan, we need the chillClan.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Cloud Cobras are the chillest clan of them all. How many other clans let Inner Sphere people come hang out and chill on their homeworlds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What kind of clouds are we talking about here? :420:

• Locked thread