Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mercs2 was the best and worst game for me, growing up, because it was both my absolute favorite PC game and yet kept crashing right before the end. :negative:

It came bundled with my dad's old Vaio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sadly my copy was "optimized" for some lovely S3 GPU and I hardly got to play it because it was in mom's computer while mine had an even shittier S3 GPU that couldn't run it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Community Warfare Week 2

Last Week's Victors:
- Clan Smoke Jaguar scores a win on Huntress with 2 VP!
- The Capellan Confederation scores a win on Conquista with 2 VP!

Last Week's Losers:
- Clan Ice Hellion scores 0 VP!
- The Free Worlds League scores 1 VP!

Community Warfare Week 2: Battleground Information (battle submissions valid until 9/27)
Battleground: The Edge
Defender: Clan Widowmaker, Delta Galaxy "The Hidden Web," 28th Stalker Trinary (Clan second-line forces)
Attacker: Free Rasalhague Insurgency / Clan Burrock Black Galaxy "The Nameless," Trinary 7 (mixed IS / Clan forces)
Map Themes: Rocky Fjord (Tall cliffs and water, bring your Jump Jets!)
Metaplot: A surprise raid by second-line Widowmaker forces risks exposing a Burrock operation to aid (and subvert) the Free Rasalhague insurgency. Clan Burrock's secret Black Galaxy must annihilate the second-line Widowmaker troops before their existance is revealed!

Bacon In A Wok posted:

So! Interested in the Widowmaker/Rasalhague-Burrock face-off in this week's Community Warfare, but not sure how to properly get the "Rocky Fjord" map theme in place? Then this map pack may be of interest. Included are variants on the two standard Deep Canyon maps that add water running across the map, as well as variants on the two standard River Delta maps that add elevation. Unzip to \data\boards\ inside your Megamek directory, select the new maps from the lobby, and you're good to go.

Battleground: Atreus Prime
Defender: The Taurian Concordat, V Corps, Lone Star Regiment
Attacker: The Duchy of New Syrtus, 19th Syrtis Fusiliers
Map Themes: Desert Wastes (Whatever the map looks like, it's hot hot hot!)
Metaplot: With their homes and families under attack, the 19th Syrtis Fusiliers have launched a daring attack on one of the Taurian Concordat's chief staging points. Now lightly defended, a successful assault could cut Taurian supply lines and earn the Duchy a few weeks of reprieve!

Battleground: Pandora
Defender: Clan Widowmaker, Alpha Galaxy "Kerensky's Pride"
Attacker: The Waco Rangers
Map Themes: Pastorial Forest (A smattering of clear farmland and light buildings amongst the trees)
Metaplot: The Waco Rangers' repeated success against Clan forces has turned them into a lynchpin for the Lyran defenders, but even Archon Steiner balked at Colonel Waco's daring new plan: a direct assault on a world still occupied by Clan front-line troops. Colonel Waco has a score to settle, and he's not about to take 'no' for an answer!

Community Warfare Week 2 Submission Form

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 24, 2014

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I got my start with Mercs4, and never could find a copy of Mercs2 that actually worked with any of the tweaks I tried to get it to run on modern OS's. :suicide:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

anakha posted:

What do you get as a replacement? The selection of Mechs is pretty bad at the start of the game, IIRC.

I think you could get a Panther or something else. Honestly I don't actually remember.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Chronojam posted:

I think you could get a Panther or something else. Honestly I don't actually remember.

You can afford a Jenner easily, and are just barely shy of being able to afford a Crab.

The starting Commando's not that bad though, since it's a unique custom variant.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I was thinking you could get a crab after doing one mission but then suddenly felt a veil of doubt :ohdear:

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.

tuluk posted:

Mechwarrior 2 games are really easy* to get running on modern hardware using mechvm or dosbox.
PTN can verify this, if he feels like posting a certain irc chat log.

*really easy as long if you don't have a crippled** version of the mechwarrior 2 games
**crippled means a shareware/aol online version, or a matrox/s3/voodoo hardware accelerated version that are tied to matrox/s3/voodoo hardware to start & run.

I did finally get Mechwarrior 2 running with MechVM, except I get the Keshik overtonnage error anytime I do anything with MechLab.

I pushed through half the game with stock loadouts anyways. :smith:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Kilty Monroe posted:

I did finally get Mechwarrior 2 running with MechVM, except I get the Keshik overtonnage error anytime I do anything with MechLab.

I pushed through half the game with stock loadouts anyways. :smith:

i vaguely recall something about mechvm not liking custom builds and having to reimport things?
yeah, it's a known thing. http://www.mech2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1329&p=7943&hilit=mechlab#p7943

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
So! Interested in the Widowmaker/Rasalhague-Burrock face-off in this week's Community Warfare, but not sure how to properly get the "Rocky Fjord" map theme in place? Then this map pack may be of interest. Included are variants on the two standard Deep Canyon maps that add water running across the map, as well as variants on the two standard River Delta maps that add elevation. Unzip to \data\boards\ inside your Megamek directory, select the new maps from the lobby, and you're good to go.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

Chronojam posted:

I replayed Mercs a year or two ago and found out that PPCs in the game are totally broken. Their range is unlimited. That may seem alright, since the shots move relatively slowly, but most of the targets you engage are static or, if they're engaging, are running right at you. That makes the Panther incredibly deadly for a light, since you can typically control the engagements well enough to soak a target with damage without getting hit.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Trial By Fire: Tactical Update 16

“Coming,” Rayford mumbled, kicking his Coyote up to full speed. The machine lurched upright as its gyros realigned themselves. His head throbbed—probably a lingering concussion from the cockpit hits he’d taken earlier—and when his targeting computer chimed a lock on the Woodsman’s left arm he squeezed the trigger instinctively. His laser missed low, but his Streak SRMs found the mark, chipping armor from the heavy `Mech’s broad, boxy shoulders.

“Torso’s breached,” Arianna reported as Rayford’s vision finally started to clear. “Status check?”

“I’m swiss cheese,” Lucaino added a moment later.

“Could be worse,” Shoji grunted.

“It’s not like I need my left side anyway,” Rayford’s voice was raw, he would’ve killed for something to drink—and a few moment’s respite in which to do so. “Not since they shot off my PPC. The rest isn’t in bad shape—I think I’m doing worse.”

“Keep it together,” Arianna coached. “This is a team effort. None of us is winning this alone.”

Movement Phase
Coyote (Player)
- Must pass a skidding test (4 base - 1 distance traveled = 3): rolled 10, succeeds!

Combat Phase
Crab (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0508!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Cargo Container 0509 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 1): automatically hit (7/15 durability remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cargo Container 0509 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 1): automatically hit (2/15 durability remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Cargo Container 0509 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 1): automatically hit (0/15 durability remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Cargo Container 0509 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 1): automatically hit but the target is already destroyed!
- Gains heat 24, sinks 36!

Battlemaster (Player)
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Woodsman (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 1 actuator damage = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Woodsman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Woodsman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Woodsman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (9/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Woodsman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (4/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains heat 2, sinks 34!

Coyote (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Woodsman’s Left Arm (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 called shot = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Woodsman (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, 6 missile hit Right Torso (13/23 armor remaining), Left Leg (28/30 armor remaining), Left Arm (2/22 armor remaining (TAC!)), Right Torso (11/23 armor remaining), Center Torso (26/33 armor remaining), Left Torso (8/23 armor remaining)!
- Gains heat 0, sinks 30!

Shadow Hawk (Player)
- Fires Light AC/5 (Armor Piercing) at Woodsman (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Woodsman (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Woodsman (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (21/33 armor remaining)!
- Fires iNarc (Explosive) at Woodsman (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains heat 16, sinks 20!

Wolverine
- Fires ER Large Laser at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Leg (17/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (3/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Narc capable) at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, 6 missiles hit Center Torso (10/23 armor remaining), Right Leg (9/28 armor remaining), Right Torso (14/22 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/22 armor remaining), Right Leg (8/28 armor remaining), Left Torso (1/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 (Narc capable) at Coyote (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement = 5): rolled 6, 4 missiles hit Right Arm (1/20 armor remaining), Left Leg (16/28 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/22 armor remaining), Right Leg (15/28 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 28!

Thunderbolt
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1612!
- Fires LRM-15 (Artemis IV) at Shadowhawk (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Shadowhawk (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 heavy woods = 11): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 28!

Coyotl
- Holds fire!
- Gains heat 5, sinks 20!

Woodsman
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1012!
- Fires LRM-15 (Narc Capable) at Battlemaster (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, 9 missiles hit Left Arm (11/27 armor remaining), Center Torso (36/40 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 (Narc Capable) at Battlemaster (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 11, 15 missiles hit Left Torso (2/28 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/28 armor, 16/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (22/31 armor remaining)!
- Gains 10 heat, sinks 24!

End Phase:
Coyote (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Battlemaster (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Medium Laser damaged!

Woodsman
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hit sustained!

Player Status:

Neutral Forces:

Opposing Force (level)
Cyclops (Mk. 6) – Disabled!
Woodsman Prime (Mk. 6) – Ran +0
Mountain Lion (Mk. 4) – Disabled!
Thunderbolt (Mk. 2) – Ran +0
Kintaro (Mk. 2) – Disabled!
Wolverine (Mk. 7) – Stationary +0
Coyotl A (Mk. 6) – Jumped +4
Commando (Mk. 4) – Disabled!

Mission Objective:
Plunder Recovered (0/1500 points)

Secondary Objectives:
Enemy Units Damaged (150/400 points)
Penalty Accrued (-200/-300 points)

Orders Due: Tuesday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Sep 21, 2014

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
No crit roll for the TAC on the Woodsman?

ed: awww :ohdear:

Raised by Hamsters fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 21, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Alright, the Woodsman has been forced down from its perch, so that's good. Also, you will probably never have a better chance to nail that Coyotl. Shadow Hawk can jump to 1015 and nail it with Precision rounds and a kick, and the Coyote can run to 1016 and do likewise. The Battlemaster would probably be better served by picking up the ~*~Golden Locust~*~ and hauling it back to the starting area.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
I thought i said Face hex 0812 in my orders...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, yes. You did, sorry! I tend to parse them better when they're either on the same line or in a single block. :blush:

I've been doing this so long my brain has fossilized, I tend to read orders as:

[movement]

[shooting]

[melee]

even when they're not. I'll fix that.

Edit: Fixed.

Edit: My attempts to record Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries have hit a slight snag. I'm investigating solutions now.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 21, 2014

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Scintilla posted:

Alright, the Woodsman has been forced down from its perch, so that's good. Also, you will probably never have a better chance to nail that Coyotl.

Unless I can pick up the locust on the run if I stop to pick it up this turn the Coyotl is going to nail me good. Considering how bad my luck has been with the hit locations (hit my CT damnit. :argh: ) I'll probably lose my arm if I go for it. Plus hitting the Coyotl is 8s at best. Its annoying but I think the best option is to continue to harass the Wolverine and Woodsman.

In general PTN is set up pretty well to keep me from grabbing that Locust. 3/4 of the mechs on the field can hit me if I go for it right now so we need to force them away first.

It looks like the Shadowhawk is able to jump into the Woodsmans rear arc, he may be able to knock it out of the fight this turn. The Coyote and the Crab can advance and focus either the Wolverine (which basically requires a TAC at this point) or the Thunderbolt, which hasnt moved and should be an easy target but isnt quite as threatening.

I'm not really sure what to do with the Battlemaster at this point, its falling apart and we need its arms intact. Otherwise Id just charge in and try to kick the Coyotl.

I might do that anyway because it sounds fun.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Great Beer posted:

Unless I can pick up the locust on the run if I stop to pick it up this turn the Coyotl is going to nail me good. Considering how bad my luck has been with the hit locations (hit my CT damnit. :argh: ) I'll probably lose my arm if I go for it. Plus hitting the Coyotl is 8s at best. Its annoying but I think the best option is to continue to harass the Wolverine and Woodsman.

In general PTN is set up pretty well to keep me from grabbing that Locust. 3/4 of the mechs on the field can hit me if I go for it right now so we need to force them away first.

It looks like the Shadowhawk is able to jump into the Woodsmans rear arc, he may be able to knock it out of the fight this turn. The Coyote and the Crab can advance and focus either the Wolverine (which basically requires a TAC at this point) or the Thunderbolt, which hasnt moved and should be an easy target but isnt quite as threatening.

I'm not really sure what to do with the Battlemaster at this point, its falling apart and we need its arms intact. Otherwise Id just charge in and try to kick the Coyotl.

I might do that anyway because it sounds fun.

My backup orders for the Coyote are to run up to the coyotl and murder it's face in. It's going to hound you until it dies anyway.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Crab

Looking at the map I can't see myself getting any good shots on the Coyotl as all of mine will be going through 2 hexes of woods. I am thinking I should stick to breaking boxes?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Z the IVth posted:

Crab

Looking at the map I can't see myself getting any good shots on the Coyotl as all of mine will be going through 2 hexes of woods. I am thinking I should stick to breaking boxes?

Shoot a robert. We don't have a hope of finishing this thing via smash and grab, we need to win the field. There's literally no other way to win at this juncture.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

Crab

You guys already have two things open and ready to get back to the drop zone. Personally, I would recommend sticking to destroying the Woodsman. Moving to 0706 and turning to face 0806 should give you clean LoS to the Woodsman while putting you in partial cover. If the Shadow Hawk can jump to 1213, it can get shots on the (I believe) Left side of the Woodsman needing 6s (3 base+3 movement, no range or terrain and the Woodsman has a +0 mod). Some Mlas and an AP AC round combined with your ER Large and Medium lasers (Yay C3i!) would hopefully give it some pause for thought.

This also helps keep you guys hard targets; assuming the Battlemaster stands still, I don't think anything can hit it this turn. The Shadowhawk would have a +4 defense mod for jumping and woods from the Wolverine, Thunderbolt and Woodsman with the Coyotl just being plain SoL. Meanwhile you've got partial cover and a +1 move mod and medium range from the Woodsman, and +1 move mod and +2 range from the Thunderbolt's ERPPC, with the Wolverine and Coyotl not being able to hit you at all.

That leaves the Coyote. I'd say a good move for him would be to move up 4 hexes and then turn and move into hex 1114, giving it a +2 move mod and light woods with decent to-hits on the Woodsman.

I'm not sure why people are considering going after the Coyotl; it jumped 7 again and is in Light Woods. It has a +5 defense mod before considering your own movements and ranges.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What are the odds of success on the coyote charging the coyotl, pushing it backwards a hex into water? Pretty bad I'm guessing, due to that move mod.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Leperflesh posted:

What are the odds of success on the coyote charging the coyotl, pushing it backwards a hex into water? Pretty bad I'm guessing, due to that move mod.

Would the Battlemaster have better odds of knocking it in via a push attack?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
4 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 11

I'm not sure I'd risk it on, what, a 12.5% hit chance when "falling in the water" is probably not going to knock the Coyotl out of the fight.

Kilty Monroe
Dec 27, 2006

Upon the frozen fields of arctic Strana Mechty, the Ghost Dads lie in wait, preparing to ambush their prey with their zippin' and zoppin' and ziggy-zoop-boppin'.

PoptartsNinja posted:

4 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 11

I'm not sure I'd risk it on, what, a 12.5% hit chance when "falling in the water" is probably not going to knock the Coyotl out of the fight.

8.33%.

Battlemaster should be grabbing the Solid Gold Locust. If that gets home, that ought to keep the players' score in the black no matter what else happens. The rest of the team can probably take the Woodsman's arm off this turn. Shadow Hawk could alternatively work on shooting armor-piercing rounds at the Wolverine and hope for a lucky mission kill, which would turn the scenario around for the players in a big way. scratch that, TacOps says hardened armor nullifies armor-piercing shots

Kilty Monroe fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 22, 2014

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Kilty Monroe posted:

8.33%.

Battlemaster should be grabbing the Solid Gold Locust. If that gets home, that ought to keep the players' score in the black no matter what else happens. The rest of the team can probably take the Woodsman's arm off this turn. Shadow Hawk could alternatively work on shooting armor-piercing rounds at the Wolverine and hope for a lucky mission kill, which would turn the scenario around for the players in a big way. scratch that, TacOps says hardened armor nullifies armor-piercing shots

Yea, do not waste fire on the Wolverine. it's a giant trap that you're never going to kill at this point, and you can't even get lucky and TAC it to death.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Kilty Monroe posted:

scratch that, TacOps says hardened armor nullifies armor-piercing shots

Not nullifies. They do full damage (double damage, since I doubled armor for my convenience). So basically shooting the Wolverine with AP ammo is like shooting it with an AC/10.

Edit: Gwaihir is also right, though. The Wolverine is the toughest machine but it's also the least capable of hurting you provided your armor is unbreached. Its SRMs have their damage cut in half, the ER Large Laser's damage is cut to 6 points, and the ER Medium's damage is cut to 4.

The moment your armor is breached though it's going to be a nightmare of crit chances.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 22, 2014

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Kilty Monroe posted:

8.33%.

If I g go for the locust this turn, the Thunderbolt, Coyotl, and wolverine will all have shots on me. My left torso is open and my right isn't much better off. I will die or be disabled to the point of uselessness if I try to pick up the thing before we deal with the space cops camping it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Great Beer posted:

I will die or be disabled to the point of uselessness if I try to pick up the thing before we deal with the space cops camping it.

Only if nothing puts pressure on them. :shobon:

I've got you in a vice, but that doesn't mean I can squeeze you where I want.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe
Maybe I should go for broke. Move to 1311, unload everything and punch the woodsman with my right arm.

I would walk off the building onto the wolverine but I lack the MP.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

There isnt much we can do to put pressure on the Coyotl right now. Not factoring in ranges, its sitting at around 10 to hit, best case. And theres enough cover nearby he can jump to just about anywhere next turn and leave us in the same position.

That said, heres what I'm thinking for this turn:

Shadowhawk: The Shawk can jump to 1213 and get rear (maybe left) shots on the Woodsman. It ran 2 hexes this turn so it shouldnt have any movemods, unless vertical height changes count for that as well. It can unload into the Woodsman on 6s this turn and kick the Wolverine. Then next turn it can grab the thing in 1515 and make its way to the extraction van.

Coyote: Similar plan. It can run to 1114 and hit the Woodsmans rear/left on 6s as well, then kick the Wolverine.

Crab: If hes not overheating (he gained 24 and sunk 36 but is still listed as having -1 MP) he can make it to 1209. The Woodsman is going to take some pretty severe damage this turn thanks to some good numbers for once so instead, it can put some damage on the Thunderbolt, probably with the ER Larges. It hasnt moved and if I'm drawing line in Paint correctly, you're only going to shoot through one of the wood hexes for a TH of 6 before weapon ranges. 7 if I'm wrong, but thats still good.

That should leave us with 1 mech taking serious damage, another with two chances to be knocked over due to kicks, and a third being forced to leave its perch and give me some breathing room to get the Locust.

Any thoughts on how my plan is stupid and will get us all killed?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

Only if nothing puts pressure on them. :shobon:

I've got you in a vice, but that doesn't mean I can squeeze you where I want.

guys I'm pretty sure this is a big blinking neon sign called COORDINATE YOUR PLANS

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

guys I'm pretty sure this is a big blinking neon sign called COORDINATE YOUR PLANS

I think I know what gif I'm making next!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

I think I know what gif I'm making next!

please attribute my forum post as the inspiration for this gif under CC BY 4.0, thanks

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Z the IVth posted:

Maybe I should go for broke. Move to 1311, unload everything and punch the woodsman with my right arm.

I would walk off the building onto the wolverine but I lack the MP.

This sounds like a good plan. Moving seven hexes will put you at +3, plus the Woodsman is mounting Inner Sphere LRMs so you'll be inside his minimum range. He's sitting at a 0 move mod so your to hit numbers are 5's across the board. Unfortunately I don't think you can punch with a busted shoulder, so you'll want to go for a kick instead. Maybe try firing the ER Medium on that arm just in case you get lucky.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

Fun Shoe

Great Beer posted:

Crab: If hes not overheating (he gained 24 and sunk 36 but is still listed as having -1 MP) he can make it to 1209. The Woodsman is going to take some pretty severe damage this turn thanks to some good numbers for once so instead, it can put some damage on the Thunderbolt, probably with the ER Larges. It hasnt moved and if I'm drawing line in Paint correctly, you're only going to shoot through one of the wood hexes for a TH of 6 before weapon ranges. 7 if I'm wrong, but thats still good.

One ER Large is effectively busted due to the shoulder crit. I wouldn't count on my ability to put out large amounts of damage at range so I won't be forcing him anywhere alone.

I'm favouring getting up in the Woodsman's face and kicking him. If we're all in that ball, then we can down the Woodsman this turn, then focus the Wolverine next. After that we can just tank the Coyotl and Thunderbolt on the way out.

Btw Beer what are your plans? You planning to join in the fire on the Woodsman?

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 22, 2014

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Great Beer posted:

Crab: If hes not overheating

He's not. I fixed that, but it looks like it didn't save. :psyduck:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

poo poo, I forgot about that shoulder crit. If you are going to get in the Woodsmans face, that'll put you in short range for your ERMLs on the Thunderbolt. You could kick the Woodsman and shoot the Thunderbolt.

The woodsman is pretty hosed this turn, its got an ERLL, 2x ERML, an sSRM6, an AP AC5, and an explosive narc headed into its back/left this turn all on 6s. Not to mention the two knockdown chances from the massive damage/kick. It might survive, but all your shots from the front are going to do is sandpaper its front armor a bit. Youll be in a good position to finish it off from behind next turn.

Assuming it doesnt kill you outright anyway. I cant remember what other guns it has.

As for the Battlemaster plans: I'm probably going to move into 0418. Poking out to get a shot in right now is going to get me shot by the Coyotl, the Thunderbolt if the Crab sticking with attacking the Woodsman, and possibly the Wolverine depending on what the Coyote does.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 22, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The Woodsman's arms and torsos are actually pretty badly damaged from the front. I'd still advise lighting it up from point blank range and then kicking it in the shins for good measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Careful, guys!

I might use my advanced knowledge of your plans to not do anything since I've already moved!

• Locked thread