Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Affi posted:

Are the players getting two different wrestling mechs? Holy poo poo.

Unfortunately Randy's partner, Hunchback Hogan, came down with severe Triple Strength Myomer fatigue and had to sit this one out.

He's with us in spirit, though.

Ugh, I'm not good at colouring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

Unfortunately Randy's partner, Hunchback Hogan, came down with severe Triple Strength Myomer fatigue and had to sit this one out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Please can we have a guy named Dwayne piloting a Rock Hound for more exotic wrestling moves?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Edit: Update will be shortly after I get home from buying groceries.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 8, 2014

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

The mustache on that Atlas...:swoon:

Also ahahaha that gunnery. :getin:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

The location of weapons is missing (Piledrivers are rather obvious).

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Nice; Hulk the Truckernaut.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Serious nipples on that Banshee.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's oversinked (because Scott Steiner is cool) :v:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's oversinked (because Scott Steiner is cool) :v:

I anxiously await the update where Scott Carlson does math.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

goatface posted:

Serious nipples on that Banshee.

Steiner is a genetic freak, after all.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Update will be shortly after I get home from buying groceries.

I don't think people are ready for this match. When it hits people's screens, there's going to be casualties. And weeks down the line, with the town on fire and one savaged 'Mech left standing, we will be left with this. And we, too, will be silent, because we will know we have hit peak robot fights.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
So... is there going to be someone trying to prove that wrestling isn't real? One of the op4 maybe?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kilty Monroe posted:

So what constitutes a "wrestling move"? Is it just any physical attack or are you drawing up a bunch of new unique physical attacks just for this scenario?

You take a bunch of crits and then at the end of the fight you forget about all of them and win by using all your guns, even the ones in arms that are shot off.

Rapadoo.

e: Oh poo poo you guys have to fight the Big Bad Booty Daddy. He's got a 141 2/3% chance of winning

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 9, 2014

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Defiance Industries posted:

You take a bunch of crits and then at the end of the fight you forget about all of them and win by using all your guns, even the ones in arms that are shot off.

Rapadoo.

I think you have a great future writing for the WWE.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Also Hulk cant actually take damage, its all just redirected to the pilot so he blacks out. Then just as hes about to lose he wakes up as a 0/0 pilot and tears off all his torso armour.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Combat Theater Vote 16 Results:
- King of the Pirates goes home with the gold and 44 votes!
- 26 voters were surprisingly interested in The Next Generation of ProtoMechwarriors!
- Maelstrom and Kalma-Youngblood Mercenary Company, LLC score tie in last place with 11 votes each!

“There aren’t many Consorts left, now. The Lady Death took most of `em Tortuga Fusiliers is a different story, but the Fusiliers’re rats.”

The fire crackled and popped as one of Jag’s companions tossed in another branch from one of Tortuga’s rare trees. Jag shut his eyes as the branch caught, releasing a cloud of acrid-smelling smoke before finally catching alight. The balding man with long, oily gray hair on the other side of the fire coughed, then started prodding absently at a canned ration with labels Jag didn’t recognize. Without looking up the other man started shoveling the unappetizing-looking food into his mouth.

“Rats with guns,” the man said, after swallowing a bite or two.

“Aye,” Jag nodded. “And I’m no better. But I’m sick of the Consorts—a man can’t get ahead under Lady Death. I ain’t bringin’ up a daughter just to have the Consorts and Fusiliers take eighty-percent of my earnings between them. A man’s gotta look out for his family. And it’d be nice not to have to worry about the loving Fusiliers tryin’ to steal my `Mech once a month.”

Redjack Ryan snorted, “What makes you think things will be better under me?”

“You promote men?” Jag asked, but didn’t wait for an affirmative nod. “You can’t be any worse than what we’ve got, and fresh faces are only bad for business for the first month or so—and you’ve brought a lot of new faces with you. Besides, a man can’t get ahead in the Consorts—I’ve tried—and the Fusiliers are a joke. They play petty kings when the Queen’s away, but the moment she’s back they turn into walking footrests for anyone who pilots a machine with a bone paintjob. And then they take it out on us unaligned-types. We were ready to make a move when you first landed, and I’ve got no issues being an early collaborator.”

If his words amused Ryan, the other man didn’t show it. He just continued eating with the same plodding disdain of a man utterly disinterested in his meal. Jag couldn’t blame him, he’d eaten plenty of distasteful things in his time—but he wasn’t familiar with any meat or vegetable that took on such an unappetizing shade of gray even when illuminated by firelight. The sparse trees on Tortuga never burned cleanly, the wood itself stored water deposited by the rare rain or snow and so the wood never stopped smoking until most of it had evaporated. As the last of the smoke started to clear Jag pulled down the scarf-like cloth most natives wore to protect their faces. Wood smoke was toxic in large quantities—he’d warned Ryan but the other man hadn’t seemed to care.

“Well, collaborator,” a hand touched Jag’s shoulder. “Collaborate. What are we facing when we hit the city?”

Jag didn’t turn to look at the speaker. Although she’d never spoken in his presence before, a voice that young could only be one person and Jag could still picture the shockingly-young face of Susie Morgraine-Ryan. only a year or two older than his own daughter, Tessa. The eye patch and nasty pink scar that marred the left side of Susie’s face left him silently hoping his own daughter would fare better when she started piloting the Ravager in actual combat. Jag wanted to get it back in reasonable condition first—and for that he needed an Autocannon. At least with Redjack’s crew he’d have a chance to take one from that traitor, Arroca.

“There’re only about four or five Death’s Consorts left—”

“Four or five?” Susie’s sneer was audible. “You’re—”

“Not letting me finish,” Jag interrupted. “There are four for sure. I can’t say how it compares to the stuff you’ve brought since I haven’t seen you in a fight, but you can bet on them having the best Tortuga’s got to offer. Meager as that is. I can give you a full rundown of their machines. The one I’m not sure of is Charlotte Walker’s Marauder. She got her side torso blown off in outing before the Lady Death got herself killed attacking New Avalon—Lady Death was pissed at the time so Charlotte’s one to recruit if we don’t wind up killing her—The Consorts are outfitting her `Mech with some new weapon I don’t know anything about but I don’t know if they’ve got it up and walking around yet. So four, maybe five, Death’s Consorts.”

“The rest of our opposition will be whichever Tortuga Fusiliers Blind Sal can scrape out of whatever bars she can find. The Lady Death invariably names Sally Guignard the ‘planetary governor’ whenever she’s away. Supposedly because Sal’s a “good manager” but I think there’s another reason,” Jag held up the pointer and middle fingers on his left hand and curled them around each other descriptively. She’ll have Arroca with her for sure and the Spooky Twins—a pair of ex-Snakes who think they’re ghosts or demons or something—and Jin Seong never leaves the city so he’s almost certainly going to show up. I think Severiano’s in town too. He’s a Firestarter pilot. I don’t think I need to explain what that means.”

“There’re a few more that could show up: Remy Vizeau’s piloting his mother’s Orion—she got herself killed in a bar brawl a while back—he’s young and stupid but his machine’s good. He’s also one of the worst pilots I’ve ever seen so he might just keep his head down. Avksentiy Spartak’s nearby as well, but he’s a lazy fucker. A couple of the indeps might jump in to help whoever they think’s winning—they ain’t gonna know you’ve got most of a Battalion in reserve. Since we’re in the city, I expect roving bands of looters and dispossessed and `Mechwarrior hopefuls. They probably won’t shoot at anyone in good shape, but if you go down near a pack of ‘civillians’ they’ll be on you like—”

“Like a pack of rats,” Redjack Ryan interrupted, finishing Jag’s sentence. “So what do you think of our collaborator, Susie? Do we keep this one?”

King of the Pirates

(unless otherwise noted, all buildings are Light and ground height +2 (so height 2 on flat ground, and height 3 when they're on hills).

Unit Lists
Ryan’s Rebels

Tortuga Fusiliers / Death’s Consorts

Possible Enemy Reinforcements

Other Threats

Mechwarriors
Cloud Potato
OptimusShr
Voyager I
Tank Boy Ken
apostateCourier
sizuka2
Trundel
Zest
fool_of_sound
GruntyThrst
Hobo

Alternates
Foulbrood
Infected
Arujei
SolusLunes
Psion
Losanda
hooman
Ba Donk a Bonk

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't know about you guys, but I'm rooting for this Jag fellow! He has some big wrecking balls, if you know what I mean.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
We don't even need to play this.

Just seeing everything in play will be enough to declare this entire battle the greatest ever. Even Hogarth would drop phis jaw at this!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Johnny Five-aces is the most competent pilot on Opfor...

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
What happens if you jump onto and collapse a building another mech walked inside of? Instakill?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
There are only about 6 buildings on the map that will even survive having a `Mech walk into them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

EDIT: so much so that I bought plat so I could PM. :10bux:

You still have to go in and turn the PMs on in order for this to help! :allears:

Messages have been sent to all players and alternates. If you did not receive a PM or E-Mail it means there was a problem with your info.

Cough cough Arujei and Ba Donk a Bonk

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 9, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I needed to psych myself up for the potential of being an alternate and the only way to do that is MY HOME PLANET

Youtube knows what's up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That Bobcat. :allears:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
How long before that catapult falls on it's own ammo bin and explodes?

I estimate: first chance it gets.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

PoptartsNinja posted:

Messages have been sent to all players and alternates. If you did not receive a PM or E-Mail it means there was a problem with your info.

I guess I never posted my e-mail, so whoops. Then again, I'm pretty sure I have yours, assuming it's the same one you used for the 'Mech contests.

Also I might just buy Plat soon anyways.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I know I posted my email, oh so long ago (before I changed my username), but

Friar John fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 9, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

kingcom posted:

Also Hulk cant actually take damage, its all just redirected to the pilot so he blacks out. Then just as hes about to lose he wakes up as a 0/0 pilot and tears off all his torso armour.

The key to beating Hulk is to remove his arms, so that he can't do the finger-wave-while-getting-pumped-up-by-the-crowd maneuver.

Also oh God this mission is glorious already

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Looks amazing. Great map and the mechs are completely insane. Glad we went with this!

The only danger is the amount of players and orders coming in on time.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Try and make those 5+ pilots check that as often as possible for maximum hilarity.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Okay thread, I will be asking many a question over the course of this mission. I don't have much experience with Battletech so all suggestions would be welcome.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
....huh. Sal is... rather underwhelming. A 6/5 pilot? I'm guessing she's going to get a surprise change to a 1/1 or something at some point. Also, the Orion's missing its heat sinks in the mech chart. And I'm guessing the (NH) after the Arrow IV stands for Non-Homing?

This looks freaking awesome and I cannot wait.

Trundel posted:

Okay thread, I will be asking many a question over the course of this mission. I don't have much experience with Battletech so all suggestions would be welcome.

It's been said before but it bares repeating. Speed is life. Especially when you have a veteran or better pilot, as the player mechs seem to be, it's generally better to run and eat the slightly harder shot if it'll make you a tougher target to hit yourself. Since this is urban combat, line of sight is going to be fairly short, most likely. Given that there's enemy AC/20s and planet of fairly short-ranged weaponry, you're going to want to be careful, though thankfully this seems to not be double/single blind match so you can see where the enemies are.

Also, probably don't be afraid of blowing up some buildings if that will give you better lines of sight.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Have we done a mech with artillery before?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are going to be so many failed piloting rolls from running and turning on pavement, not to mention a whoooole lot of terrible shooting from all the terrible gunnery scores out there.

God this is gonna be glorious.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Leperflesh posted:

There are going to be so many failed piloting rolls from running and turning on pavement, not to mention a whoooole lot of terrible shooting from all the terrible gunnery scores out there.

God this is gonna be glorious.
Are there rules for missed shots hitting the environment? So many holes are gonna be blasted in the buildings that aren't stepped on.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
P6 pilots on pavement is going to be a good time for everybody.

Also I pushed the button on my PMs :blush:

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 9, 2014

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

Trundel posted:

Smart movement is going to be key. You guys need to abuse the hell out of the winning of initiative. Of course, PTN is no fool when it come to positioning.

If the player locations are right you'll probably get the Blackjack. Jump almost all the time and blow the hell out of open armour.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

While that Charger may be the cream of the crop, and that Blackjack is everything I was hoping for, I gotta give props to that Catapult. Between that and the Blackjack, I foresee many failed crit rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

:confused:

• Locked thread