Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Chronojam posted:

It might just crash on its own. By way of a surprise Rifleman owned by a rival news corp.

Or a partisan :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

PoptartsNinja posted:

Very late, and without warning. If Grunty hadn't requested a hold you'd've been stationary this turn.

Try to be careful of that, if you can. I know it's not always easy, but sending me a quick heads-up can help prevent that from happening.

Apologies. I'll be more upfront in the future if I think I might need an extension

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
I like to imagine pirate news is a lot like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsPgNEmAXI

Also this reminds me of that one time I was Ron Burgundy for Halloween

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
What a murderous missile spread. :psyduck:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

PoptartsNinja posted:

Okay who else shot missiles besides me this turn?

e: Cloud Potato. And I think we shot the same target. I WANT TO BELIEVE (it wasn't the enemy)

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Psion posted:

e: Cloud Potato. And I think we shot the same target. I WANT TO BELIEVE (it wasn't the enemy)

It was me, though I only shot a single launcher!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

F5F5F5F5F5

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Psion posted:

Who on the OpFor has missiles? :ohdear:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Just the Quickdraw and the Shadow Hawk IIRC.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Oh lordy. Did someone just get toasted by a Shadow Hawk?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Normally I would say that opfor just got a headshot on someone but really only the catapult has a lot of missiles. Maybe every shot missed or something?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I choose to believe "murderous" means "Cloud Potato just did like 50,000 crits on that Gladiator which just stackpoled from getting owned so hard." Alternately, substitute my name for Cloud Potato, but I don't have a billion missile launchers like the Catapult so it's less likely.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Please don't hit my head, please don't hit my head...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Time to expose the real reason why I don't much care if every one of my `Mechs on the field dies next turn the King Crab's gimmick!

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I am excited for crab battle.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PoptartsNinja posted:

Time to expose the real reason why I don't much care if every one of my `Mechs on the field dies next turn the King Crab's gimmick!

It's a LAM ?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It's a LAM ?

It's capable of splitting into two crabs.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

apostateCourier posted:

It's capable of splitting into two crabs.

This is my hope.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's invulnerable until you hit it's weak spot?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
It gains strength for every building it destroys?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The gimmick is that it's a goddamn Crab and is therefore a murderous force of pure annihilation.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
It'll scuttle across the field, snatch up whatever unit got downed, bolt the remaining parts on to itself, then scuttle back to its original position. In a single movement phase. And still be able to shot.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Scintilla posted:

The gimmick is that it's a goddamn Crab and is therefore a murderous force of pure annihilation.

W.T. Fits posted:

It'll scuttle across the field, snatch up whatever unit got downed, bolt the remaining parts on to itself, then scuttle back to its original position. In a single movement phase. And still be able to shot.

Not emptyquoting both of these.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

W.T. Fits posted:

What's the to-hit modifier for scuttling?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

GruntyThrst posted:

What's the to-hit modifier for scuttling?

Obscene.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

A smaller Crab 'Mech leaves the King Crab and gets in close with us. The King Crab "shell" can't move, but can still fire.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's something much simpler but even more terrifying.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's actually five Crabs hiding under a King Crab shaped tarp.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

DatonKallandor posted:

It's invulnerable until you hit it's weak spot?

And that weak spot is on it's underside, so you need to flip it over before hitting said weak spot for massive damage?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

PoptartsNinja posted:

It has 4 legs and 4 arms, and all of them have heat sinks installed. And they can all be submerged?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
After adding up all the weight from the weapons, armour and engine I'm coming up with 8.5 tons worth of free space. So perhaps a hidden weapon?

Also I'm pretty sure it's packing Clan DHS because 22 IS DHS simply won't fit.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

After adding up all the weight from the weapons, armour and engine I'm coming up with 8.5 tons worth of free space. So perhaps a hidden weapon?

It's actually 4/6 (I've had it mislabeled this whole time)! :supaburn:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

...does it have a targeting computer?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's actually 4/6 (I've had it mislabeled this whole time)! :supaburn:

That explains things. Alright, so it does have room for IS DHS. It also means it has to have an XL Engine, so you guys will have a (slightly) easier time dealing with it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's a decorator crab. It sticks pieces of dismembered mechs to its shell.

Or wait! It swims and that water is connected to the sewer thing in the middle of the map and it can just dive into there and pop out the other side the next turn.

Or! This!

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Oh god, rocket mounted arms.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Guys, guys, guys.

It's just a literal giant king crab with weapons mounted on it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
King of the Pirates: Tactical Update 9

“Fucker!” Susie roared in anger as the spindly Death’s Consort machine blew off her `Mech’s left arm. The alien Clan design compensated brilliantly, she barely had to focus to keep on her feet despite her `Mech’s suddenly unbalanced weight. Her attacker slumped over a moment later as the Assassin cored through it from behind—at least she’d be able to take its arm, assuming the local scavengers didn’t get to it first. It was closer in weight to her own machine—the stripped down Guillotine arm she’d been using had put extra strain on her `Mech’s bulky, lightweight frame.

Her own frustrations unrelenting, she leveled her remaining arm at the Dragon and fired a careful, precise burst from her remaining large laser. The Clan weapon flickered, leaving a purple afterimage seared across her retinas as it sliced into the Dragon’s chest like she might’ve sliced into a roast turkey. Armor melted then flashed into a burning metallic steam and entire armor plates tumbled and fell to the dirt road below.

Undaunted, the Dragon dropped its shoulder and charged, vanishing out of sight as it smashed through a shop façade that had, only moments before, promised “the prettiest girls on this block!” in garish, clashing neon.

Movement Phase
Charger (player)
- Enters building hex 3328 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 7, avoids damage!
- Exits building hex 2824 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 5, avoids damage!
- Enters building hex 3328 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 7, avoids damage!

Assassin (player)
- Exits building hex 2824 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 8, avoids damage!
- Enters building hex 3328 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 6, avoids damage!

Combat Phase
Charger (Player)
- Fires flamer at Phoenix Hawk (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement =8): rolled 8, hit Rear Center Torso (3/5 armor remaining)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 10!

Warhammer (Player)
[I forgot to apply the damage, so the Warhammer is firing after everyone else] :toot:

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires AC/20 at Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 8, hit Left Arm (0/10 armor, 0/7 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (10/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires AC/20 at Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (0/15 armor, 6/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 12!

Catapult (Player)
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 10, 3 missiles hit Right Torso (10/20 armor remaining), Right Leg (24/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (15/27 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (10/20 armor remaining), Center Torso (13/27 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, 2 missiles hit Right Leg (22/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (8/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (8/20 armor remaining), Right Torso (6/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, 2 missiles hit Right Leg (20/26 armor remaining), Left Arm (12/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 10, 3 missiles hit Center Torso (11/27 armor remaining), Left Torso (6/20 armor remaining (TAC!)), Left Torso (4/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, 2 missiles hit Right Torso (4/20 armor remaining), Right Arm (12/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 6, 2missiles hit Right Leg (18/26 armor remaining), Right Arm (10/18 armor remaining)!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 28! Overheating!

Chameleon (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 15!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires MRM-40 at Dragon (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 13!

Centurion (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (15/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, 2 missiles hit Right Torso (2/20 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, 5 missiles hit Right Arm (8/18 armor remaining), Right Arm (6/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (9/27 armor remaining), Right Arm (4/18 armor remaining), Head (7/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!))!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 12! Overheating!

Blackjack (Player)
- Attempts to start a fire in hex 1921 with Medium Laser (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 3): rolled 3, hit! Must roll 7+ to start a fire: rolls 2, fails to start a fire!
- Attempts to start a fire in hex 1921 with Medium Laser (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 3): rolled 6, hit! Must roll 7+ to start a fire: rolls 2 ( :psyduck: ), fails to start a fire!
- Attempts to start a fire in hex 1921 with Medium Laser (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 4): rolled 5, hit! Must roll 7+ to start a fire: rolls 4, fails to start a fire!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 13!

Assassin (Player)
- Fires Large Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (12/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (9/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (6/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (2/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/14 structure remaining)! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Rear Left Torso (1/4 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Laser at Bobcat (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (3/15 armor remaining)!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 22!

Battle Cobra (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Dragon (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 28!

Clint (Player)
- Attempts to Fire ER PPC at Gladiator (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/20 armor, 5/13 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 16!

Warhammer (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Gladiator (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/27 armor, 17/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Inferno SRM-6 at Gladiator (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 34!

King Crab
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 44!

Dragon
- Fires Autocannon/20 at Hunchback (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

Griffin
- Fires PPC at row house 2020 (3 base + 4 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement = 3): rolled 11, hit (0/10 CF remaining)! Building destroyed!
- Fires PPC at row house 1921 (3 base + 4 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 4): rolled 5, hit (0/10 CF remaining)! Building destroyed!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 22!

Bobcat
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 3128!
- Fires Large Laser at Battle Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Torso (7/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Battle Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (0/6 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- Fires Medium Laser at Battle Cobra (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 14!

Awesome
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 10!

Quickdraw
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 13!

Gladiator
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0930!
- Fires Bombast Laser (+5) at Jagermech (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 5 charge time = 10): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (2/14 armor remaining)!

Shadow Hawk
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 14!

Phoenix Hawk
- Fires Autocannon/20 at JagerMech (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/14 armor, 4/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Machine Gun at JagerMech (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (21/23 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at JagerMech (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at JagerMech (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (0/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at JagerMech (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (19/23 armor remaining)!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 10!

Firestarter
- Props itself upright with its Left Arm!
- Fires Flamer (damage) at row houses 1028 (2 base + 4 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement = 2): automatically hit (0/10 CF remaining)! Building destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Building Hex 1029 (2 base + 2 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 partial cover + 1 secondary target = 2): automatically hit (0/10 CF remaining)! Building destroyed!
- - Charger suffers 1 damage in the collapse to Right Torso (46/52 armor remaining)!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 10!

End Phase:
Phoenix Hawk
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Left Leg! No critical hits sustained!

Gladiator
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 5, succeeds!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 9, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

JagerMech (player)
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Charger (player)
Attempts to grab Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 grab = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

End Phase:
Corner Store 1627
- Will burn down in 1 turns!

Row House 1327

Dirty Magazine Publisher 1326

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Awesome
- Enters building hex 0922 (6 base + 0 light building = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Exits building hex 0922 (6 base + 0 light building = 6): rolled 8, succeeds!
- Enters building hex 0822 (6 base + 0 light building = 6): rolled 7, succeeds!

Dragon
- Charges through Building Hex 3123 like a battering ram (3 base + 1 battering ram quirk = 4): rolled 7, succeeds! Building collapses!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid damage in the collapse (3 base + 1 battering ram quirk = 4): rolled 5, succeeds!
- Charges through Building Hex 3123 like a battering ram (3 base + 1 battering ram quirk = 4): rolled 4, succeeds! Building collapses!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid damage in the collapse (3 base + 1 battering ram quirk = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!
- Moves hastily through Hex 2532 (3 base - 1 battering ram quirk + 1 mp ignored = 3): rolled 6, succeeds!

Gladiator
- Activates Physical Defense movement mode!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Defeat all enemies!

Secondary Objectives:
Individual Sub-Objectives Completed (0/11)

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 13, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Gladiator
- Activates Physical Defense movement mode!

Uh, anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
So legged mechs aren't mission-killed now? That's going to add a new dimension to the fighting.

• Locked thread