Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can I go on the robo-list, PTN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Julian Pillo (Pee-lo) claimed the salvage from Innes station by virtue of being the only mech-pilot left alive. Pirates had ripped through the trading station's few defenders in hope of stealing the water-reclaimator at the core, Kuritan forces had rampaged in not long after in hope of catching and wiping out the pirate band who had been pillaging their worlds. Their climactic battle was barely underway when an unfortunate evasive manouevre outside led to the pirate dropship smashing through the station hull.

Mechs were crushed or sent flying into the void, catastrophic loss of atmosphere killed any of the population not already in emergency suits and huddled in the panic rooms. The Kuritans mopped up and left satisfied that no Pirates had escaped, their leaders indifferent to the pleas for aid from the station's civilian inhabitants.

Knowing that further pirate attacks could not be ruled out even as they broadcast emergency signals, Pillo and some engineers set to work cobbling together a mech he could pilot as a last desperate defence. The upper left of a Catapult K2 and the the lower two thirds of its Jenner sidekick were dug from the rubble of a building and crudely meshed into a single machine. Evacuation teams arrived before it was ever needed, but as they finally abandoned the station wreckage Pillo was allowed to keep his bastard machine in recognition of his service.

Starting out in mercenary work, a few years of building resentment, and jaded by his experiences, he ended up settling in with a pirate band. Rather the type that had raided than the Kuritans he hated for abandoning him at Innes.

His Jenner "The Quartermaster" (being half the weapons of a CPLT-K2 on a mech half the size) has remained his trademark, even claiming the destruction of a few real -K2s along the way.

pre:
Jenner "The Quartermaster" JR7-K0.5

Mass: 35 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/C-E-D-A
Production Year: 2779
Cost: 2,890,013 C-Bills
Battle Value: 847

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 210 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97.2 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  PPC
    1  Medium Laser
    1  Small Laser
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard                      58 points                3.50
Engine:             Fusion Engine                210                       9.00
    Walking MP: 6
    Running MP: 9
    Jumping MP: 0 
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             12                        2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 HD, 1 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV -  96                  6.00

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     11           13        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  4         
                                           L/R Torso     8            13        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  3         
                                             L/R Arm     6            8         
                                             L/R Leg     8            11        

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Small Laser                                  RA        1         1         0.50
Medium Laser                                 RA        3         1         1.00
PPC                                          LA        10        3         7.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 42

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

PoptartsNinja posted:

Still no word from one of the players. I'm going to give him a little more time and then contact an alternate so we'll be good to go for next Sunday's update. :(

Its OK! Keep pumping out MW 2 merc updates and I'll be a happy camper!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
It looks like not much is going on due to New Year and whatnot, so I may as well post some more revamped sprites.

Bulldog Variants:

Harasser:

Huitzocalafrajalisticexpialidocious:

Savannah Master:

Schiltron:

--

That's most of the really bad ones done, I think. At some point I might compile everything I've done into a zip file and post it for anyone who's interested. Inserting them into Megamek is pretty easy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

That's most of the really bad ones done, I think. At some point I might compile everything I've done into a zip file and post it for anyone who's interested. Inserting them into Megamek is pretty easy.

If nothing else, I'd appreciate it since half the reason we don't see tanks often is their awful MegaMek sprites.

You might also want to offer them to the MegaMek guys directly. I dunno if they'll take them but I'd bet they probably would.

Edit: Well, I guess the players don't want to turn the last part of the fight into a slugging match. Back to guerrilla warfare for me I guess.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 4, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I'll get right on it, then. There are one or twoquite a few others that might need doing, but they shouldn't take long.

I'd be very flattered if they actually made it into MegaMek proper. I'll hunt around for their contact details and see what comes of it.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 4, 2015

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Goddamn, that was one sub-objective I didn't think would get accomplished clean. :gonk:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 4, 2015

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Goddamn, that was one sub-objective I didn't think would get accomplished clean. :gonk:

Redjack bit it, huh? Welp.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

apostateCourier posted:

That's pretty much peak :battletech: if he managed to die this turn, since I'm pretty sure the only way it could be accomplished is through an ammo TAC or combined a combined head hit from one of the Awesome's two remaining AC/10s and an Arrow IV cluster.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the only objectives left are mansions (Grunty), Arroca dying (me), getting as many kills as Redjack (OptimusShr) and uh...infantry kills by Voyager I? oh wait, ADHD targeting. So if Tank Boy Ken ate a bad crit, that could also count as accomplished, right?

we've been kinda kicking rear end on those subobjectives.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
King of the Pirates: Tactical Update 17

“Wait,” Arroca rumbled as his Awesome withered under the firepower of a full enemy lance. His machine was brutally tough and stable, and stayed on its broad, flat feet as though the lasers and missiles were so much hail. Smoke oozed from every breach in the Assault `Mech’s armor, rolling up and away where the carcinogenic ash would be lost to Tortuga’s already noxious skies.

“Wait,” he grumbled again. “I surrender. You can have my `Mech! Anything you want!”

Ryan’s Rebels fell silent, their machines almost waiting as Jag pushed his Centurion to its feet. Redjack Ryan had given Jag permission to respond to Arroca’s entreaties. Permission the taciturn Ryan hadn’t rescinded. Jag studied the battered machine—the Awesome would be a step upward from his own Centurion, but a machine could nearly always be repaired.

“Your `Mech?” Jag’s voice dripped with pain and scorn. “Arroca, I want something far less valuable than your `Mech.”

The SRM ports on the Centurion’s torso irised open in a heartbeat, vomiting a swarm of missiles at the Assault `Mech like so many angry Tortugan Acid Bees. Already torn open by lucky hits, one missile filled the chasm that’d once been the Awesome’s head with a gout of flame and shrapnel. The Awesome tottered and fell, lying still in the street.

“I want your life.”

Failed to save this in time, sorry!

Indirect-Fire Artillery Targeting Phase
Marauder
- Fires Arrow IV missile at hex 0817! Flight time is 1 turns (target within 17 hexes)!

Movement Phase
Centurion
- Stands carefully in hex 0818 (3 base - 2 careful stand = 1): automatic success!

Indirect-Fire Artillery Phase
Marauder
- Fires Arrow IV missile at hex 0721 (3 base + 0 movement + 7 indirect fire artillery = 10): rolled 4, missile lands in scatter radius 6!
- - Rolled 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4 missile lands in hex 0522!
- Building hex 0522 suffers 20 damage! Building collapses!
- Building hex 0421 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!
- Building hex 0422 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!
- Building hex 0521 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!
- Building hex 0621 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!

Combat Phase
Charger (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 10!

Catapult (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 28!

Hunchback (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0617! (I still do these for you automatically)
- Fires Medium Laser at Awesome (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/27 armor, 14/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Awesome (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Leg (1/17 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 13! Overheating!

Warhammer (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at King Crab (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at King Crab (3 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Centurion (Player)
- Fires SRM-6 at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, 6 missiles hit Right Arm Torso (5/24 armor remaining), Center Torso (15/30 armor remaining), Right Arm Torso (3/24 armor remaining), Head (0/3 structure remaining (Head destroyed! `Mech destroyed!)), Center Torso (13/30 armor remaining), Left Arm Torso (11/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 5, 5 missiles hit Right Arm Torso (1/24 armor remaining), Right Torso (0/24 armor, 7/17 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm Torso (5/17 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm Torso (3/17 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm Torso (1/17 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-6 at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 4): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit Left Torso (9/24 armor remaining), Left Torso (7/24 armor remaining), Right Arm Torso (0/17 structure remaining (Torso Destroyed) damage transfers to Center Torso (12/30 armor remaining)), Left Arm Torso (5/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 12!

Blackjack (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 13!

Assassin (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 22!

Battle Cobra (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 28!

Clint (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at King Crab (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 14!

Griffin
- Fires PPC at Building Hex 0610 (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit! building destroyed!
- Fires PPC at Building Hex 0611 (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 5): rolled 8, hit! building destroyed!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22!

King Crab
- Fires Large Laser at Charger (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Charger (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Charger (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (44/52 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Charger (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 40 heat, sinks 44!

Marauder
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 17!

End Phase:

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Defeat all enemies!

Secondary Objectives:
Individual Sub-Objectives Completed (2/11)

Orders Due: Tuesday Night! (We're back on our normal schedule, hooray!)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 5, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

apostateCourier posted:

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH
:getin:

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
I'm guessing the Cent falling is a typo? Things are looking good.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
No point overthinking it. Catapult orders in: running up to 1017, holding fire. Then next turn decide if I'm going East and using the cover or West right up into their sights faces.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Arroca wound up dying in the most appropriate way possible! Good job there, especially the Centurion. Looks like PTN's dice loved you this turn. Hope that keeps up...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 5, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Centurion making a play for the MVP award, eh? Not too shabby, GoonSquad!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I gotta tell you, it felt good reading that the first SRM6 shot took his head apart. We're now at 3 subobjectives too, and I have faith apostate will make that 4 very soon with a crab.

Anyway, LOS question. If I end my turn on a height 1 hill, like say two hexes in front of me in 0815, is anything big and mean going to have LOS? The Crab and Company appear to be behind height-1 hills but I'd be on a height-1 hill. Would prefer not to get my face shot off, y'know.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Things are looking up for the goon lance :unsmith:

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I think I might jump to 0705 and unload on the Marauder, as I'd be within the min range of the Griffin and the King Crab will likely have other things to focus on. I'm only worried about the Marauder's LL or ML taking out my injured leg, but harassing him at this point might be worth it.

How much of a rush are we looking to put together this turn?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Trundel posted:

I think I might jump to 0705 and unload on the Marauder, as I'd be within the min range of the Griffin and the King Crab will likely have other things to focus on. I'm only worried about the Marauder's LL or ML taking out my injured leg, but harassing him at this point might be worth it.

Charger running to 0508 facing 0607, grabbin' two handfuls o' crab.

GET HYPE FOR CRAB BATTLE

Just to be sure, the destroyed buildings don't muck with movement, right?

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 5, 2015

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Trundel posted:

Warhammer is also moving back up. I'm done sniping, it's time to tango.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Tortugan Acid Bees, huh.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm not clever when I'm sick

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

apostateCourier posted:

Just to be sure, the destroyed buildings don't muck with movement, right?

I'm pretty certain that destroyed buildings still cost +1MP (total 2) per hex.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I'm pretty certain that destroyed buildings still cost +1MP (total 2) per hex.

that's what I was told when I asked a while ago, yeah.

I wish it weren't true because I'd like to run through some buildings right about now, but so it goes.

Scintilla posted:

Tortugan Acid Bees, huh.

this is very disappointing :(

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Fine, I kinda wanted to go for JUSTICE FOOT anyway.

Edit: Or I could not eat a full-on crab alpha before I'm set for wrasslin' and go to 0311 or 0410. Eh, honestly I won't be able to hide the turn before the scrum starts, might as well go for the opening kick and hope I get lucky.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 5, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Revamped vehicle sprites, ho. There are twenty seven total, but the number is inflated by all the Epona variants. Some still look a bit iffy (Ishtar, I'm looking at you), but the blurriness is totally gone from all of them. Hope they prove useful, it was really neat to see vehicles pulling their weight in the earlier missions.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 5, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

Fine, I kinda wanted to go for JUSTICE FOOT anyway.

Edit: Or I could not eat a full-on crab alpha before I'm set for wrasslin' and go to 0311 or 0410. Eh, honestly I won't be able to hide the turn before the scrum starts, might as well go for the opening kick and hope I get lucky.

That is a lot of potential Large Lasers and PPCs to eat. Never mind the sheer number of crabshots you risk taking in your face tank. You might want to hold off (maybe behind the 9/10 column buidlings?) until your support crew catches up with you. The lazy fucks.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

Revamped vehicle sprites, ho. There are twenty seven total, but the number is inflated by all the Epona variants. Some still look a bit iffy (Ishtar, I'm looking at you), but the blurriness is totally gone from all of them. Hope they prove useful, it was really neat to see vehicles pulling their weight in the earlier missions.

Any chance I could get those as a .zip? My computer's never liked the .rar format (it treats them like they're archived. It's weird but it is an old machine).

Edit: Very much appreciated!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 6, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

Any chance I could get those as a .zip? My computer's never liked the .rar format (it treats them like they're archived. It's weird but it is an old machine).

Here.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

obligatory plug for 7zip :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

That is a lot of potential Large Lasers and PPCs to eat. Never mind the sheer number of crabshots you risk taking in your face tank. You might want to hold off (maybe behind the 9/10 column buidlings?) until your support crew catches up with you. The lazy fucks.

...I suppose. I'll fix my orders tomorrow. I liked my orders, though. Get in the kitchen, flame-broil crab, and crack the shell.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm thinking about heading for 0416. I think I can make that with 6mp. It'd keep me behind buildings for a few turns while I moved up and tried to get in close range with something.

e: or wait ... how many MP is it to go down a hill? If I end up in 0517 whatever, I guess.

yeah it's +1 for up and down. Well, fine. Looks like my options are 0517, 0815, or 1117. I don't like 0815 since it means I'd be advancing up the 07xx hex row next turn and uhhhhh, would prefer not to be dead. 1117 seems similarly bad for taking me way too far out of the fight, so 0517 it is. Orders going in.

thinking maybe 0413 the turn after that, maybe take some buildings down, but we'll see what the resident Arrow IV does.

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 6, 2015

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Trundel posted:

It's gonna be a turn or two before most of us are ready to start getting aggressive and possibly longer before anyone other than the Charger in in a position to draw fire without just getting wrecked, so I would keep that in mind when considering just how deep you want to go in.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Psion posted:

obligatory plug for 7zip :v:

Have it. Doesn't help. My compy's getting a bit eccentric. I've gotta upgrade soon-ish.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Voyager I posted:

It's gonna be a turn or two before most of us are ready to start getting aggressive and possibly longer before anyone other than the Charger in in a position to draw fire without just getting wrecked, so I would keep that in mind when considering just how deep you want to go in.

I'm champing at the bit to start the crab battle. I'll wait until I'm not the only viable target, I guess.

Judicator65
Feb 4, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hunchback (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0617! (I still do these for you automatically)
- Fires Medium Laser at Awesome (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/27 armor, 14/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Awesome (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Leg (1/17 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 13! Overheating!

Is the Hunchie still supposed to be overheating?

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Mr. Montaigne is tough, but I think he might need help ASAP if he's charging in.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Yeah, a coordinated attack would be best. The Charger is a real tank but it won't last long if the Crab can bring all of its weapons to bare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

apostateCourier posted:

I'm champing at the bit to start the crab battle. I'll wait until I'm not the only viable target, I guess.

it would be the worst thing ever if you started the crab battle and got shot to poo poo before we can make sure you win the crab battle. :(

also tonight's the order deadline so uh, we all remembered to submit yeah? It's been a while :v:

• Locked thread