Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Rick_Hunter posted:

And I don't want to start a derail about people's worst BattleTech experience, so if you have a story, post it in the worst/best game experiences thread. I'd really like to read some BT stories.

Which is here, to encourage posting.

EDIT: poo poo, latest update is on the bottom of last page if anyone missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
King of the Pirates: Tactical Update 18

“They’re retreating,” Gale’s radio warbled. His machine had never been in good condition and it was a rare day when he could recognize a speaker. It didn’t matter, Margaret was his family’s machine—named after some long dead great, great, great, great, great aunt before the family had lost their fortune and been driven to piracy. Gale was still Lyran in virtue—the machine was hereditary, proof of his nobility even among Redjack Ryan’s band. He was better than the others in every meaningful way, even if his family hadn’t had a c-bill to their name for five hundred years.

“So push them out of the city,” Redjack’s voice was the only one he recognized instantly, there was something about the way the man spoke that carried through even when his radio was at its worst. “The rest of the battalion is waiting for them. We win if they fight, we win if they run—”

The rest of Redjack’s rallying cry was lost as a rocket fell out of the sky. A massive explosion enveloped the Hunchback’s head and shoulders and sent the machine’s gyros tumbling. Gale lurched, deafened, his head pounding like someone had taken a sledgehammer to the back of his neurohelmet, but Margaret kept to its feet. The Hunchback was old and battered, but it was stable. Dependable. The only thing in the galaxy a Von Müller could trust.

“—want that missile launcher intact.” Redjack finished. “I want to see it up close.”

Welp, looks like this broke again.

Indirect-Fire Artillery Targeting Phase
Marauder
- Fires Arrow IV missile at hex [unknown]! Flight time is 1 turns (target within 17 hexes)!

Movement Phase
Centurion
- Stands carefully in hex 0818 (3 base - 2 careful stand = 1): automatic success!

Indirect-Fire Artillery Phase
Marauder
- Fires Arrow IV missile at hex 0617 (3 base + 1 movement + 7 indirect fire artillery = 11): rolled 8, missile lands in scatter radius 3!
- - Rolled 6, scatters to hex 0517!
- - Rolled 1, scatters to hex 0516!
-- Rolled 6, scatters to hex 0415!
- Hunchback suffers 20 damage in the explosion to: Head (4/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)), Center Torso (16/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (11/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (15/20 armor remaining)!
- Building hex 0315 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!
- Building hex 0515 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!
- Building hex 0516 suffers 10 damage! Building collapses!

Combat Phase
Charger (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 10!

Catapult (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

Hunchback (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

Warhammer (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Building Hex 1412 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement = 3): rolled 4, building destroyed!
- Fires ER PPC at Mansion 1711: no Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 34!

Centurion (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 12!

Blackjack (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at building hex 1217: automatic hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at building hex 1217: automatic hit! Building destroyed!
- Fires 10x Machine Guns at infantry 1217: Infantry 1217 destroyed!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 13!

Assassin (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 22!

Battle Cobra (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 28!

Clint (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at King Crab (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 14! Overheating!

Griffin
- Fires PPC at Building Hex 0906 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement - 4 enemy movement = 0): automatically hit! building destroyed!
- Fires PPC at Building Hex 0906 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 1): automatically hit! Building destroyed!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22!

King Crab
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0708!
- Fires Medium Laser at Building Hex 1006 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 3): rolled 4, hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Building Hex 1006 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 3): rolled 5, hit! Building destroyed!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (8/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 40 heat, sinks 44!

Marauder
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 17!

End Phase:
Hunchback
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 5, succeeds!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Defeat all enemies!

Secondary Objectives:
Individual Sub-Objectives Completed (4/11)

Orders Due: Saturday Night!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 9, 2015

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Charger jumping to 0207 facing 0206.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
PTN, I really like Redjack Ryan. If we win this match without him dying it'd be way cool if you could do a "where are they at" update sometime in the future.

Even just mentioning the other units goons haven controlled would be nice. Like what are the kell hounds doing, what is up with rolling thunder, Comanches caballeros and is Terrence Williams still a badass?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm still wondering what happened to Nioclas and his infection from Outfoxed, and if Clan Diamond Shark are all hallucinating bird-aliens by this point.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Decision time for the Catapult! I could go Left (0716 (slight chance of PPC fire), 0513, 0609) and be part of the main thrust against our foes, or go Right (1014, 1111, 1105) and hopefully try and make sure none of them escape east. I'm leaning toward going right at the moment, but thought I should run this plan past the thread for a sanity-check.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PTN: the clothesline maneuver is a knockdown thing, yeah?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Decision time for the Catapult! I could go Left (0716 (slight chance of PPC fire), 0513, 0609) and be part of the main thrust against our foes, or go Right (1014, 1111, 1105) and hopefully try and make sure none of them escape east. I'm leaning toward going right at the moment, but thought I should run this plan past the thread for a sanity-check.

My thoughts are go right up the 13** line

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Dolash posted:

I'm still wondering what happened to Nioclas and his infection from Outfoxed, and if Clan Diamond Shark are all hallucinating bird-aliens by this point.
Yeah, some updates about a few of the early characters and plots would not be unwelcome.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

apostateCourier posted:

Sorta? It's a charge that will deal half damage to you if you land it. So it's a charge but safer (but you still charge normally if you fail)

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

King Crab
- Fires Medium Laser at Building Hex 1006 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 3): rolled 4, hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Building Hex 1006 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 target movement = 3): rolled 5, hit! Building destroyed!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (8/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Assassin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement + 1 secondary target = 8): rolled 6, miss!

At least it wasn't the other leg!

The other good news is that those two hills over there are positioned so that it should be possible for you to finagle a 7-hex jump between them every turn so you can always end with a +4 move mod, another +1 from the hill, and protected legs.

Just...uh...try to stay away from any obvious Arrow bait, I guess.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 9, 2015

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Ignore the Marauder. At this rate it'll only have a few rounds left after the Crab and Griffin, plus its a beautiful mech to keep pristine.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 9, 2015

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

Your best knockdowns are normal kicks, the flying cross body and some of your grab followups. A charge is more like a knockback with some extra emphasis.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cloud Potato posted:

if you go to the right you have a ton of room to maneuver and are unlikely to eat an Arrow IV, sooooo maybe? I was thinking about it myself, but I wasn't in a good position.

Redjack should probably detour over that way to wreck one more mansion to complete that bonus objective though!

dis astranagant posted:

Your best knockdowns are normal kicks, the flying cross body and some of your grab followups. A charge is more like a knockback with some extra emphasis.

yeah but apostatecourier needs to get a third wrestling move in. That objective is the entire reason we're rushing the Crab and company.

e: oh haha an off-map charge 'kill'? That'd be fantastic. Like a ring-out, except with mechs. I want this to happen and then I want the Crab to get introduced to the dirt.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2015

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Readingaccount posted:

Ignore the Marauder. At this rate it'll only have a few rounds left after the Crab and Griffin, plus its a beautiful mech to keep pristine.

Eh. If PTN is silly enough to give me the option to charge it off the map, I will.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Sel Nar posted:

I still think the biggest dick move in the entire Inner Sphere is the introduction of the Savannah Master. It's 'gently caress you' fast, armoured just enough to laugh off a PPC to the front, and has a single medium laser so its bite is just enough to be threatening. The fact that the speedy little bastards are focused in Lyran space notwithstanding, just about every player will threaten to punch someone that says 'I brought a lance of Savannah Masters'

I actually had a friend who brought twenty of the blasted things to a Megamek game. I ended up winning though, because there was a big forest I managed to park my lance in to prevent him from getting backshots on me, while my guys were armed with Pulse weapons and other -To Hit weapons. Course, this was before Megamek was capable of supporting Fire or terrain clearing, so chances are if I tried that now, my friend would just set the forest ablaze and wait me out.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Sel Nar posted:

I still think the biggest dick move in the entire Inner Sphere is the introduction of the Savannah Master. It's 'gently caress you' fast, armoured just enough to laugh off a PPC to the front, and has a single medium laser so its bite is just enough to be threatening. The fact that the speedy little bastards are focused in Lyran space notwithstanding, just about every player will threaten to punch someone that says 'I brought a lance of Savannah Masters'

Nah, a lance will get a pass with most people. It's when you bring a company or more of the little shits that people might want to start punching you.

Personally, I like the less cheesy stuff like bringing a couple of solid heavy or assault tanks screened by some lighter stuff. The good designs can hold their own against Mechs in a slugfest without making the whole thing annoying and gimmicky.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Think you posted the same map twice, PTN. Doubled up on the after enemy movement map, instead of posting the after player movement map.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

PoptartsNinja posted:

King Crab

Voyager I posted:

At least it wasn't the other leg!

The other good news is that those two hills over there are positioned so that it should be possible for you to finagle a 7-hex jump between them every turn so you can always end with a +4 move mod, another +1 from the hill, and protected legs.

Just...uh...try to stay away from any obvious Arrow bait, I guess.

I misunderstood how cover works, I thought that any level 1 terrain between me and an enemy would count, including the ones next to the Crab but nowhere near me. Guess that could have gone a lot worse :sweatdrop:!

If enough people can make it forwards I might get brave and go to 0801 behind the Griffin, otherwise I might hide for a turn around 1101.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006

Trundel posted:

I misunderstood how cover works, I thought that any level 1 terrain between me and an enemy would count, including the ones next to the Crab but nowhere near me. Guess that could have gone a lot worse :sweatdrop:!

If enough people can make it forwards I might get brave and go to 0801 behind the Griffin, otherwise I might hide for a turn around 1101.

Voting for hiding. Going to be another turn before everyone is nearby. Be careful about 1101, the Crab can blow through two buildings fairly easily.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just tack on an improvised "multiple redundant systems" quirk that gives a -2 to rolls on the vehicrit table unless the crit was a result of structural damage.

You're pirates. Break rules. Invent quirks. Have fun, even if what you're doing would be horrifically broken on a machine that wasn't a special snowflake!

OK!

This tank evolved simply by thinking about what are the coolest thing you could do if you were a nutbar pirate that had no regard for your own safety. So naturally, you find the most imposing hunk of metal possible, strap as many guns to it as you can, and then strip out anything resembling reasonable safety measures in the interests of POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Hence the RAC-5s, which I think of as the most pirate-y weapon out there.
The XXL isn't supposed to be a "real" one, but instead is just a normal XL with enough shielding stripped out so that the pilot's going to end up having two headed kids. (Yes I know fusion doesn't work like that, but this is battletech!)
Red paint, supercharger, and pile of hardened armor is because I basically picture our pirates as 40k Orks.

Quirk wise, the tank's guns have been set up for almost point blank convergence, because what's the point of all that firepower if you can't see the damage you're doing up close and personal? (variable ranged targeting: Short, -1 at short range + 1 at long)
The tank is also such a hulking mass of metal that despite the massive engine and supercharger, it takes a long time to get up to speed. (Poor acceleration, takes 1 turn at cruising speed before being able to use flank speed.)
The tracks are buried deep enough behind the side armor skirts that motive system damage rolls get a -3 modifier.
While the vehicle as a whole is very well protected from critical hits, the ammo feeds required for keeping up with the 3/4 RAC-5s have complicated the turret to such a degree that hits against it are very likely to lock it up and render it unable to traverse. ( -2 to crit rolls unless armor is breached, rolls of 6, 7, and 8 on the turret crit table lock the turret in addition to other effects.)

Pirate Deathtrap Dakkatank (I am really bad at names)
IS unofficial
125 tons
BV: 2,630
Cost: 152,615,243 C-bills

Movement: 3/5(6) (Tracked)
Engine: 375 XXL

Internal: 65
Armor: 216 (Hardened)
Internal Armor
--------------------------------------
Front 13 54
Right Side 13 40
Left Side 13 40
Rear 13 28
Turret 13 54

Weapon Loc Heat
----------------------------------------
Rotary AC/5 TU 1
Rotary AC/5 TU 1
Rotary AC/5 TU 1

Ammo Loc Shots
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Hardened BD
Supercharger BD

Very likely silly and terrible, but I thought it was funny.
I couldn't decide between this version with plenty of armor and ammo, or one with a 4th RAC-5, less armor, and only enough ammo for 8 turns of full auto fire. This one is probably better from a silly pirate POV. Because let's face it, after 4 turns in range of someone you're going to be disabled or your weapons will all jam anyhow so who needs spare ammo! Light em up!

Alt version:

IS unofficial
125 tons
BV: 2,466
Cost: 152,900,993 C-bills

Movement: 3/5(6) (Tracked)
Engine: 375 XXL

Internal: 65
Armor: 160 (Hardened)
Internal Armor
--------------------------------------
Front 13 40
Right 13 30
Left 13 30
Rear 13 20
Turret 13 40

Weapon Loc Heat
Rotary AC/5 TU 1
Rotary AC/5 TU 1
Rotary AC/5 TU 1
Rotary AC/5 TU 1

Ammo Loc Shots
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20
Rotary AC/5 Ammo BD 20

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Hardened BD
Supercharger BD

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

The XXL isn't supposed to be a "real" one, but instead is just a normal XL with enough shielding stripped out so that the pilot's going to end up having two headed kids. (Yes I know fusion doesn't work like that, but this is battletech!)

Fusion does work that way! D/T fusion produces a ton of neutrons that could cause tremendous damage to a person. Granted they'd die before their nuts would get that jacked, but still.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you tinker with fractional accounting and XXL engines in SAW, you can get a 2 ton boat to flank at almost 900km/h. Not a hovercraft or a hydrofoil, a displacement boat.

It's basically just a kinetic weapon at that point.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Charger here, before I commit to jumping further forward, how long will it be before I have backup?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Olothreutes posted:

Fusion does work that way! D/T fusion produces a ton of neutrons that could cause tremendous damage to a person. Granted they'd die before their nuts would get that jacked, but still.

Even better!

Dropping the XXL to XL works fine with 3 RACs/20t armor/8t ammo, too, but what fun is a machine that isn't also likely to kill it's owner?

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 9, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I either drank to much or I took an Arrow IV to the HEAD! Going to move to 0513, facing 0612. Could also move to 0212, but I don't want to be close to a bunch of targets.

apostateCourier posted:

Charger here, before I commit to jumping further forward, how long will it be before I have backup?

I could more to 0712 this turn and start shooting the crab out of the King Crab. That allows me to shoot the MRM at a 9. Or just saunder forward to be in a good position for next round.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

Even better!

For reference, if you were to sit about a yard from a D/T fusion device that put out somewhere in the region of 5 watts you would receive a lethal dose in about half an hour. This is also a pretty good sanity check for things like the Pons and Fleischmann cold fusion claim (they'd all be dead if it actually worked).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

apostateCourier posted:

I can't find a way for me to get into the fight in fewer than like 4 turns so count me out :(

also, I'm pretty sure if I move forward into 0413 or whatever Tank Boy Ken, OptimusShr and I will be eating Arrow IV so ... I'm not sure how to move up.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 9, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Turn 1: 0515, wreck house in 0514. Turn 2: 0612 blart missiles at long range. Turn 3: be in like 0609 or 0709 and blart more missiles at hopefully medium range?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

wouldn't my rolls for a hit with SRMs at long range be like 11

maybe I should just bulldoze my way straight up the 05xx hex row. Wrecking ball buildings, ask my teammates to shred some buildings on their way up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You know you want to trust in the dice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

goatface posted:

You know you want to trust in the dice.

good joke!

the dice have been kind to me overall and I'd like to keep that going by not tempting dice fate more often than I have to. Everything's coming up Jag Cordeaux right now and it'd be a shame to ruin that!

another thing I could do is move over to 01xx and start bulldozing my way up that way but I think it'd be pretty slow and I'm not sure how effective my weapons are at building-killing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Reminder that anyone with a half decent piloting skill can simply walk through the shanties for 2 MP a hex with minimal risk.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Warhammer is probably going to jump to 0815, blast the mansion in 1711 to finish my sub objective, and if I have LOS I'll shoot at the Griffin or the King Crab.

From then on it's knife fighting time. I've got a damned near pristine mech and if I try to do any fancy flanking/sniping bullshit the fight will be over by the time I get to shoot again.

In like Zinn
Jan 3, 2010

You'll notice from the bodies where the squaddies have been.
Throwing in my bit for the pirate contest and well... I got Elagabalus in my head from listening to too many episodes of history of rome podcast in a row:

It is rarely known that the vicious and hedonistic pirate currently making his living along the "north-eastern" border of Federated suns,
whose band calls him the "Unconquered Sun" is really a member of the noble House Davion. His victims refer to him as "The Common Enemy of All Mankind"
and probably only his grandmother still calls him by his birth name Sextus Varius Aurelius Davion, in truth a young heir to a minor
but ambitious branch of the Davion family from the planet Emesa in the Federated Draconis Suns, Sextus was raised to believe he was only a few lucky accidents away from the throne.
When his maternal grandmother Julia Emesa tried to orchestrate a coup that would decimate the whole main branch of the Davion
family, she was however caught and was slated for execution, but with the help of a few now-desperate loyalists she and her extended
family fled outside the Inner Sphere. Sextus then grew up to be both bitter and brutal in his familial war against anything
Davion, raiding border-worlds more for the pleasure of the suffering inflicted upon the people than the resources stolen in
the process. With the Davion attention now wholly focused on the coming of the Clans, Sextus's band has grown wealthy and more pirates
flock to his banner every day, he is now, after many years of just raiding and pillaging Davion space, starting once again to consider of his grandmothers
larger ambitions and arguing with himself if he really might be able to inflict a coup de main on the newly minted Draconis Suns.

Quirks: "Son of the Sun", Elagabalus's experimental XL engine is designed to run much hotter than usual, as a result it ignores the first
point of movement penalty from overheating, if it gains further penalties the first one is also included.

"Rallying point", for all his personal faults, Sextus is also known for his courage in battle and the way he punishes cowardice.
All allied 'mechs inside 12 hex radius of the "Elagabalus" ignore the "Forced Retreat" rules.

Emperor "Elagabalus" EMP-6Asol

Mass: 90 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E-A
Production Year: 0
Cost: 25 886 550 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2 284

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 360 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 43,2 km/h (54,0 km/h)
Maximum Speed: 64,8 km/h (86,4 km/h)
Jump Jets: Unknown
Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
1 LB 20-X AC
5 Light PPCs
2 Small Pulse Lasers
2 Searchlights
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 138 points 9,00
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 360 16,50
Walking MP: 4 (5)
Running MP: 6 (8)
Jumping MP: 3 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL 6,00
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 10(20) 0,00
Gyro: Standard 4,00
Cockpit: Small 2,00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA+LA
TSM Locations: 1 CT, 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 256 16,00
CASE Locations: 1 LT 0,50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 29 40
Center Torso (rear) 13
L/R Torso 19 25
L/R Torso (rear) 13
L/R Arm 15 26
L/R Leg 19 33

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Light PPCs RA 20 8 12,00
(R) Small Pulse Laser RT 2 1 1,00
Searchlight RT 0 1 0,50
LB 20-X AC LT/LA 6 1/10 14,00
(R) Small Pulse Laser LT 2 1 1,00
Searchlight LT 0 1 0,50
Light PPC HD 5 2 3,00
@LB 20-X (Cluster) (15) LT - 3 3,00
@LB 20-X (Slug) (5) LT - 1 1,00
Free Critical Slots: 6

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 9 Points: 23
4/2j 3 3 2 0 4 1 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: TSM, SRCH, CASE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, FLK 1/1/0

and yes, I know "The Common Enemy of All Mankind" was Caracalla and not Elagabalus but I like the title and it suits him too.

In like Zinn fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 10, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dis astranagant posted:

Reminder that anyone with a half decent piloting skill can simply walk through the shanties for 2 MP a hex with minimal risk.

yeah ok, I'm going to go over to the 02xx line. I'll get some cover while I move up and hopefully can prevent any Arrow IV-toting jerks from retreating and playing Jerk Missile Tag. I want us to be able to focus on CRAB BATTLE. so I'll be in 0215

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I'm parking my beloved HBK in 0513, ready to get murderd by the Griffin, Crab or Arrow IV on this or the next turn. FUN! This will allow me to make it to 0809 next turn, or hide in 1110. Depending how horrible the next turn will be.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Almost forgot about orders! :ohdear: Catapult orders in, I'm going Right so that we're not one big juicy clump for mean ol' missile rain. Jumping to 1014, holding fire.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

Cloud Potato posted:

Almost forgot about orders! :ohdear: Catapult orders in, I'm going Right so that we're not one big juicy clump for mean ol' missile rain. Jumping to 1014, holding fire.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Orders in, had mine just sitting in the browser for 8 or so hours. Jumping to 1402 and trying to lame it out this turn. Hopefully the Crab can't shoot through 4 buildings this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm not allowed to use Artillery anymore.

• Locked thread