Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octavion
Apr 5, 2009
I just found a band that writes doom metal about Battletech. Track names include "Vibroblade Through The Torso Of An Omnimech" and "Crushing Resonance Of Colossal Autocannon Fire".

http://battalionslaughtered.bandcamp.com/album/succession-warfare

Edit: Just saw the last page. Condolences to you and your family PTN.

Octavion fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Octavion posted:

I just found a band that writes doom metal about Battletech. Track names include "Vibroblade Through The Torso Of An Omnimech" and "Crushing Resonance Of Colossal Autocannon Fire".

http://battalionslaughtered.bandcamp.com/album/succession-warfare

That's amazing.

Also, sorry to hear about that, PTN. :(

StarFyter
Oct 10, 2012

I believe that I'm not in the minority preferring the updates to retain their quality, and above all for you to retain your sanity, so take as much time as you need.

Take care.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Oh man, that's hard news to get. Like folks said, the Internet robots can wait.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
PTN take the time you need. This thread is awesome, but means nothing compared to a relative.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
PTN, thank you for all your hard work. Our best wishes go out to you and all your loved ones at this time in your life. We'll keep the fusion reactors hot for ya.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

My condolences. Be with your family, robots can wait.

I just woke up, and reading this it came out like "Be with your family robots, we can wait". Which is sort of more fitting.

But yeah, take a few days off PTN.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
My condolences. Take care man.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I'm very sorry to hear that and wish you all the best.

Please take all the time you need. Robots can wait. We can wait. :gbsmith:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I was going to update today but I'm short on orders, so I'll delay until Sunday to give one player a chance to get his electricity turned back on / repaired.

I also have some advice for the Charger, since its plan is impossible (every time you turn you reset your charge distance to 0).

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I completely spaced that direction changes ruin charges. Oh well, setting up for next turn, then.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Finished revamping the contest sprites.

Red River:

Illuminati:

Rooster:

Liquidator:

Sunfire:

Wildebeest:

Illuminati and Liquidator are the most changed, I pretty much redid them both from scratch. Red River's hands no longer look dumb and the Rooster now has its underslung Medium Lasers (And a Narc Launcher that looks like a Large Laser for some reason). Lancer isn't present because Quads continue to be non-euclidean horrors from the nightmare realm.

Also, the Illuminati's huge missile launcher will never not be hilarious.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

apostateCourier posted:

I completely spaced that direction changes ruin charges. Oh well, setting up for next turn, then.

Setting up to kick rear end next turn, am I right? :getin:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm hoping we'll get a t-t-t-tombstone!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Would it be okay if I got a chance to update my orders based on what the Charger does? I was operating under the assumption that he would be a high-priority target for this turn.

Nice to see you again, PTN.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Would it be okay if I got a chance to update my orders based on what the Charger does? I was operating under the assumption that he would be a high-priority target for this turn.

Nice to see you again, PTN.

I'm still going to be right in the thick of it, don't worry.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm hoping we'll get a t-t-t-tombstone!

I am sad there's only one WrestleMech because it means we won't get a Dudley Death Drop.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
I hope this isn't the last physical tank we see. :black101:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I am sad there's only one WrestleMech because it means we won't get a Dudley Death Drop.

I was thinking a GTS, mostly because I have people on skype asking me to do it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

apostateCourier posted:

I was thinking a GTS, mostly because I have people on skype asking me to do it.

I will never argue with a CM Punk maneuver, personally.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I got a request from the MegaMek forums to do some Protomech sprites. In case the Blood Spirit mission comes up again and/or the build isn't updated to include them here's what I've done:

Erinyes:

Procyon:

Boggart:

Hobgoblin:

Sprite:

Svartalfa:

Quick question - what are the advantages of Protomechs? I've never really had the urge to use them before.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Scintilla posted:

Quick question - what are the advantages of Protomechs? I've never really had the urge to use them before.

They're cheaper than mechs and more mobile than toads. The theory being that you build 5 protomechs and end up replacing a mech for half the price

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 25, 2015

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They're essentially ultralight `Mechs with special hit-charts that operate in close groups and take damage the way Elementals do (individual weapons strike units randomly, so a Clan ER PPC or AC/20 will probably wreck one but an array of medium lasers probably won't), so they can be a lot tougher than they look while still being fast enough to get respectable move mods. They're also only height 1 which has advantages. They're basically a Clan machines designed for guerilla warfare.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
So they are essentially super Battle Armour. Got it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Scintilla posted:

So they are essentially super Battle Armour. Got it.

They were designed with the Pilot clanner phenotype, to make up for the fact that the pilot program didn't actually give the clanners an advantage. Protomech cockpits are super, super tiny.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

They originally wanted to make a new super tiny protomech pilot phenotype but that failed and they had to use aerospace washouts

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Second shot of the day is a TAC. Off to a fantastic start.

Edit: :magical:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 25, 2015

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Boom, headshot?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RIP someone

I choose to believe it's RIP someone on the enemy team however

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
King of the Pirates: Tactical Update 21

The Griffin shuddered and fell silent, its nerveless arms drooping as flame erupted from its shattered faceplate. Redjack Ryan’s crosshairs pulsed as his Warhammer acknowledged a hard lock. Although firing on the beheaded machine was unnecessary, he did it anyway, blowing off the Griffin’s damaged right arm off a fraction of a second before his daughter’s strange lasers might’ve done the same.

“No one walks away from a fight with the Greater Valkyrate!” Susie’s rallying cry brought a smile to her father’s thin lips.

He’d never once praised her and indeed believed showing anything more than disappointment would weaken a child. He’d sired enough disappointments in his day but Redjack still allowed himself to feel a moment of pride before crushing it under a boot of concentrated apathy. At least one of his children wasn’t a pathetic waste. If Susie didn’t exceed him, she’d at least be his equal.

Eventually.

Movement Phase
Charger
- Enters building hex 1103 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 10, succeeds!
- Exits building hex 1103 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 12, succeeds!
- Enters building hex 1203 (3 base + 0 light building = 3): rolled 4, succeeds!

Combat Phase
Charger (Player)
- Fires Vehicle Flamer at Marauder (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (19/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 10!

Catapult (Player)
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, 3 missiles hit Left Arm (14/16 armor remaining (TAC!)), Left Torso (19/21 armor remaining), Right Torso (19/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, 2 missiles hit Left Arm (12/16 armor remaining), Right Arm (7/9 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, 4 missiles hit Right Torso (17/21 armor remaining), Right Arm (5/9 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (24/26 armor remaining), Right Leg (19/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 actuator damage = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 actuator damage = 9): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Right Torso (15/21 armor remaining), Left Arm (10/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 actuator damage = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 actuator damage = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 actuator damage = 9): rolled 11, 3 missiles hit Head (7/9 armor remaining (pilot hit!)), Head (5/9 armor remaining (pilot hit!)), Head (3/9 armor remaining (pilot hit! TAC!))!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 28!

Hunchback (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0906!
- Fires Medium Laser at King Crab (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at King Crab (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (22/33 armor remaining)!
- Gains 8 heat, sinks 13!

Warhammer (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (0/9 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (10/21 armor remaining)!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 34!

Centurion (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 12!

Battle Cobra (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Griffin (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (18/26 armor remaining)!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 28!

Clint (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at King Crab (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (23/33 armor remaining)!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 14!

Blackjack (Player)
- Fires Machine Gun at building hex 1024: Adjacent attacks always hit buildings (8/10 CF remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at building hex 1024: Adjacent attacks always hit buildings (6/10 CF remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at building hex 1024: Adjacent attacks always hit buildings (4/10 CF remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at building hex 1024: Adjacent attacks always hit buildings (2/10 CF remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at building hex 1024: Adjacent attacks always hit buildings (0/10 CF remaining)! Building destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target + 2 sensor hit = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target + 2 sensor hit = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target + 2 sensor hit = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear Center Torso (5/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Marauder (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target + 2 sensor hit = 9): rolled 9, hit Head (4/9 armor remaining (Pilot hit!)!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 13!

Griffin
- Fires PPC at Building Warhammer (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires PPC at Building Warhammer (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22!

King Crab
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1306!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/10 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (9/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (12/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Catapult (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (4/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Catapult (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Catapult (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 target movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 44 heat, sinks 44!

Marauder
- Fires Large Laser at Charger (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (24/52 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Charger (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 17!

End Phase:
Griffin
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Must pass a 7+ consciousness test: rolled 5, fails!
- Through-armor critical chance in Head! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Cockpit hit! Pilot killed!

Marauder
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 6, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Charger
- Attempts to grab Marauder with Right Arm (3 base + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit!
- Attempts to grab Marauder with Left Arm (3 base + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 11, hit! Target immobilized!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Defeat all enemies!

Secondary Objectives:
Individual Sub-Objectives Completed (4/11)

Orders Due: Tuesday Night!

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Nothing like throwing tons of dice at an enemy until something sticks.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
That was amazing. All of those headshots. :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Called it. Also we need to leave the Marauder alone this turn and pile in on the Crab because IT'S WRESTLING TIME.

I'm thinking Centurion to 1111 or 1211 and unloading on the Crab to try and fish for TACs?

e: oh man look at the rear armor on the Crab, and look at the at-least-two-players who can move in for a back shot.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 25, 2015

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Psion posted:

Called it. Also we need to leave the Marauder alone this turn and pile in on the Crab because IT'S WRESTLING PILEDRIVER TIME.

ftfy

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Can't wait to see that Marauder get its face smashed in. What a satisfying round.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

If the crab survives the next three turns, I'm going to make it Go To Sleep.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Surely now that the Charger has immobilized that wily Marauder now would be the time to finish it off?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Piledrive the marauder through the TABLE Building right there. Do it

:getin:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Three straight head hits and a cockpit TAC with an SRM-4 :aaaaa:

My body is ready for puroresu headdrops next turn :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dolash posted:

Surely now that the Charger has immobilized that wily Marauder now would be the time to finish it off?

I'd say not really for two reasons: Crab's the biggest threat, courier's got a subobjective to complete. Also if someone screws over piledriving the Arrow IV rear end in a top hat into the ground I'm figuring out how friendly fire works :mad:

Moreover, if I'm reading movement right both Cloud Potato and Voyager can get in close with the Crab's weak back armor. I want to believe we can go three for three on incredible crit kills.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 25, 2015

• Locked thread