Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Just a question as someone who hasn't gotten involved in vehicular combat - does 0 structure in any hit location = Vehicle Destroyed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Yup.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Tokugawa 2
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Moderate damage (-1 mp, +2 penalty to driving)!
- Critical chance in Left Side! 8

Hey PTN, what is this crit? Please don't be, all the ammo explodes.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Z the IVth posted:

Just a question as someone who hasn't gotten involved in vehicular combat - does 0 structure in any hit location = Vehicle Destroyed?

Vees generally have much less structure than an equivalently sized mech, too.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

hooman posted:

Hey PTN, what is this crit? Please don't be, all the ammo explodes.

Well, poo poo.

I guess it's nothing since I forgot about it.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Urgh, I had completely forgotten about the Epona. I guess I would not have needed to fret about everyone else's to hits.
I suppose the Hunter will do as the flavour text says and stick around with the Manticores hoping that the eastern units arrive soon.

Kial
Jul 23, 2006
Yeah it's probably time to try and down that Epona. Hard when it's so fast and ACE.

Good news is the Zorya 2 and the Anhur are pretty much walking dead at this point.

The Owl, the Mars, Athena, Epona (some damage), Donar (same), the Zorya 1 and the Elementals. Seven mostly combat able units.

Vs the 2 Manticores (one heavily damaged), a mostly immobile Challenger, the Wasp, the Panther, both Hovertanks, Hooman's 3 tanks and the Long Tom.

Slight advantage Goonstar?

Kial fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 19, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Very slight.

Anyway, priority targets are the Sylphs and the Epona. The east side of the map is safe for now, but eventually that Mars is going to cause problems. It doesn't have an Active Probe so sticking a minefield in its path might be a good deterrent. Also keep an eye on that sneaky Athena.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Yeah, the Athena is setting up to keyhole the north side of the map, making one of its primary drawbacks (main armament is Front, not Turret, mounted) irrelevant. Now, if you want to consider the Wasp expendable, it can get one round of shots in before that happens, but there will be a rapidly expanding cloud of Wasp-flavored vapor afterward. I'm willing to do that.

You don't need to be super-creative with the Mars, trying to slip in FASCAM. Just shelling it will do. It's slow.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Minefields do have the advantage of at least blocking off or limiting it's movements on a total miss, which, against something that slow is a pretty big hindrance.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Not unless it actually wants to attack. It can sit on a hill and project power all over us without being much more than a bunker.

Don't interdict bunkers, explode them.

e: this has the side effect of possibly scattering into our actual objective.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 19, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Come to think of it minefields might have been more useful if they were used against it earlier when it was just sat behind the hills. Now it's probably better to lob shells at it and hope it gets its turret blown off.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Even 60% of its real firepower is pretty terrifying.

You guys up for pincering the Sylphs this turn? We can do a pretty good job of making sure they have nowhere safe to go, and it will take the Epona a turn to squeeze out of that hole it's in.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I did a thing in honour of brave Goontanklance.

RIP Tokugawa 2. You will be missed.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

This is god drat amazing and I love it.

Thankfully Tokugawa 2 lives (with 3 kills to it's name :getin:) it's tokugawa 1 that got one entire side blown off by the hunchie's UAC20's.

East side crew: we definitely want to take out those sylphs this turn, because we have most of our remaining firepower concentrated over there and the Sylphs can mess us up good, give them no safe locations and shoot them dead. Then we deal with the Epona.

It's probably not worth expending the wasp on the Athena when it can still be doing useful work covering our butts with it's better mobility up North.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

If the Wasp wants to threaten the Athena, it could jump to 2219. It will not be able to shoot this turn, but will also not be able to be shot at, and it's presence there presents a threat depending on how the Athena and Zorya move. Alternatively, jump next to the Athena and light it on fire.:flame:

As for the Sylphs, keeping overlapping fields of fire would certainly be good and we do need to remove them posthaste. The one issue is that they could jump into that cluster of buildings again, and have limited to no angles to actually shoot them from, so keep that in mind.

Finally, I have not really decided what to do with the artillery yet. Starting to shell the Mars is certainly a decent idea, though it is still several turns away from threatening anything due to the terrain, but is there anything more imminent it can address? Looking at the map I am not sure. Both the Epona and the Sylphs are close to friendlies, and it is hard to predict where they will move as well(especially the Epona). The Zorya and the Athena are in the factory now, so shelling them falls under "a bad idea" - though mining the whole area would certainly be amusing - so I guess it's a matter of the Mars or the Horned Owl. If I go with the Mars, will probably use HE rather than FASCAM. While the latter can threaten the thing even if it does not hit, it would also lay another minefield along the path we ourselves theoretically want to use, as the other two are already mostly blocked.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

If the Wasp wants to threaten the Athena, it could jump to 2219. It will not be able to shoot this turn, but will also not be able to be shot at, and it's presence there presents a threat depending on how the Athena and Zorya move. Alternatively, jump next to the Athena and light it on fire.:flame:

There's not really anywhere safe to go from 2219 the turn after, though, and the Athena doesn't have to come play.

Lord Koth posted:

As for the Sylphs, keeping overlapping fields of fire would certainly be good and we do need to remove them posthaste. The one issue is that they could jump into that cluster of buildings again, and have limited to no angles to actually shoot them from, so keep that in mind.

It's not overlapping I'm suggesting, but rather ensuring something has good shots on wherever they go. As the Chally's mobility is...not ideal, that requires cooperation.

Lord Koth posted:

Finally, I have not really decided what to do with the artillery yet. Starting to shell the Mars is certainly a decent idea, though it is still several turns away from threatening anything due to the terrain, but is there anything more imminent it can address? Looking at the map I am not sure. Both the Epona and the Sylphs are close to friendlies, and it is hard to predict where they will move as well(especially the Epona). The Zorya and the Athena are in the factory now, so shelling them falls under "a bad idea" - though mining the whole area would certainly be amusing - so I guess it's a matter of the Mars or the Horned Owl. If I go with the Mars, will probably use HE rather than FASCAM. While the latter can threaten the thing even if it does not hit, it would also lay another minefield along the path we ourselves theoretically want to use, as the other two are already mostly blocked.

We can make a pretty good guess about where the Peregrine is going, but I think it'll be a little too close to friendlies in case of scatter.

And, for what it's worth, the Mars is already constraining Wasp movement.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Good Shooting,

TAKE OUT THE SLYPHS Your current forces by the long tom should be able to handle them if they approach, get everyone out of swarm range and keep up covering lanes of fire.

The epona has very limited options for movement this turn due to the minefield, if it wants to attack (clanner he will) he has to shoot that gap between the mines and the trees, back up the mobile tanks away from that line and get their front armor that direction and bring in the hovers as well.

Plenty of secondary targets if the epona doesn't fly into your swarm.

Long tom can begin to duel the mars, thats really the best option for it.

Admittedly if the wasp wishes to suicide assault the athena it might work if it can do some sort of crazy kill it with fire attack.

from 2219 the wasp can jump to the relatively safe 2623? the -1 hex behind the forest and be safe from a lot of fire then go hunting the ammo dump.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 20, 2015

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
This is what I'm thinking for movement. I'm really scared about the Sylphs moving on top of another building and leaving us totally jammed on the right for another turn. So I've moved the Tokugawa to cover the tops of the buildings at 3107, 3005 and 2905. The Partisan to cover the middle area between the buildings.

IF the challenger X moves to 3309 I believe it can see the top of 2806 and 2807 (I don't think it can from where it is now). As well as seeing the area between buildings that the hovers in the top left cant.

If the two hovers in the image can provide lines of fire to 2906 and 2707 where neither I nor the challenger can see we should be able to either destroy or reduce to irrelevance the sylphs this turn. The orange area is where they can move to. Don't end your movement in this zone.

I've marked out the line of sight from my tokugawa in yellow and partisan in pink below as well as my moves.

As for orders:

Tokugawa:
Flank Speed
Move to 3203
Turn to 3202
Advance to 3201

Partisan:
Cruise Speed
Turn to 3403 (3mp)
Advance to 3403 (1mp)

----------------

Shooting:
Tokugawa:
If Sylphs move into line of sight, fire all turret weapons (cluster) at sylphs.
Otherwise, if Epona moves into line of sight and range, fire all turret weapons (cluster) at the Epona.

Partisan:
If the Sylphs move into line of sight Fire all Turret Weapons at the Sylphs
If the Sylphs move into machine gun line of sight and range, fire machine guns at the Sylphs.
Otherwise if the Epona moves into turret weapons line of sight and range, fire turret weapons at the Epona.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Tons of carnage these past couple of turns, but the Clan offensive on the MASH is handled, and their forces in the east are just down to the (admittedly still dangerous) Ace Sylphs moving up. GoonTanks' forces there are pretty beat up, but with the Drillson and Regulator coming in from the mid north, you guys should be able to handle them.

Left side and the middle are a bit more dicey, what with that Ace Epona making things difficult for the mostly damaged and immobilized GoonTanks in that area. That Donar can be a sniping threat in that area too, plus the Horned Owl moving into position as well, though those woods there are screening the remaining Hunter to some extent. The Anhur is a sitting duck, dunno whether it's better to leave it alone for now to concentrate fire on more dangerous targets or just to eliminate it instead.

Down the middle bridge, the Athena is moving up, and that thing looks pretty dangerous for anything in it's front arc. Plus the Ace Zorya on the far bank is in position to plink away at anyone who moves to challenge the Athena. Zorya 2 is still dangerous, but can't move very well anymore, so it should be taken out quickly this turn. It doesn't have a lot of options, what with the minefield cutting off forward movement and the Wasp at its back. Might still survive if the guys in the center focus on the Epona instead, though. Guess it;s all up to you guys' firing priorities.

The Mars should've been bombarded heavily by artillery by now, or at least surrounded by mines, since it continues to be slow and a gigantic threat, albeit one only at extreme range right now. Figure it'll get into the action later, once GoonTanks have taken out much of the rest of the opposition. Still, it sits there, menacing, making me want to see it either in action or get taken out.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

It's crazy how much better this thing looks as model than as an illustration. Stuff you can't get away with in sculpture but can on paper grounded it, I guess.

Also thanks for posting this. It is great.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The Epona is for sure my favorite combatant, hope it continues its winning streak.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I'm rooting for the Challenger X because that Gauss Rifle :allears:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

evilmiera posted:

The Epona is for sure my favorite combatant, hope it continues its winning streak.

<:mad:>

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The immobilized manticore might wish to consider shooting at the anhur, it has an open shot on the right side and cluster hit weapons

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Manticore is on the Anhur's left though?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Manticore is on the Anhur's left though?

I meant rotor sorry.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Z the IVth posted:

This is pretty great, I've surely been missing Chu-i Makon over the last turns (:patriot:)

I think I'm going to move the Hunter to 1313, facing 1314 this turn, gives me a shot at the Anhur's crippled right side on a 5, hopefully downing him, and let's me try to put some more LRMs into Zorya 2 on a 10.
While this puts me at risk of the Horned Owl jumping right on top of me next turn, which would force me to back up to either 1611 or 1309, which would still give him great shots against me, I figure at this point every turn the enemy spends shooting at my Hunter as opposed to more valuable assets is sort of a win for us, because those LRMs and the one Laser are not going to win us the match.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Zorya 2 won't be in your fire arc in 1313, facing 1314.

You can get better shots on him from 1513, or plink at Zorya 1 while it's not moving, if you like. The Anhur's not much of a threat.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 21, 2015

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

The Merry Marauder posted:

Zorya 2 won't be in your fire arc in 1313, facing 1314.

You can get better shots on him from 1513, or plink at Zorya 1 while it's not moving, if you like. The Anhur's not much of a threat.

Right, drawing straight lines is hard :downs:
I guess 1513 is the next best position then, so will anybody else shoot at Zorya 2?
Because if so, I'll target Zorya 1, if not then I think I stand a good chance of finally taking Zorya 2 out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

Right, drawing straight lines is hard :downs:
I guess 1513 is the next best position then, so will anybody else shoot at Zorya 2?
Because if so, I'll target Zorya 1, if not then I think I stand a good chance of finally taking Zorya 2 out.

Zorya 2 is fairly far away at the moment and is less of a threat.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
I'm moving to 1210 with the Manticore-X, aiming for folks in this order of importance: Epona, Horned Owl, Sylphs, Anhur. The Manticore's aiming at the Epona, then the sylphs, then Zorya 2.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Zorya 2 is fairly far away at the moment and is less of a threat.

Not for the folks holding the western flank, are you sure you are not mixing up Zorya 1 and 2?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

Not for the folks holding the western flank, are you sure you are not mixing up Zorya 1 and 2?

I am.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Wow. The Mars actually gets to fire this turn!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Low rolls, low rolls, low rolls :pray:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Sludge Factory: Tactical Update 10

“Don’t be foolish,” Gunjin Ingebjorg Kurucz leaned heavily on the controls. The turret swiveled at her command. She, and the loader who volunteered to remain, were the only crew left aboard the crippled Manticore. Her driver and gunner had gone to ground somewhere in the nearby woods. If they lived, their fight would continue. She depressed the trigger, unleashing a flight of missiles just trying to box in one of the swift Clan hovertanks.

“We can’t hold here. The right is going to be overwhelmed. You have a duty to continue the battle, a duty you will fail if you let yourself die here.”

“We’re not going to abandon you,” The radio crackled, the speaker was distorted and tinny. A piece of shrapnel still jutted from the case, it was a wonder it was still working at all.

“You Davions know how to fight,” Ingebjorg cautioned. “But you don’t know how to die. It’s why we usually beat you. This isn’t an act of heroism, it’s an act of necessity—and your staying isn’t heroism either. It’s stupidity. Rejoin the rest of the command, I will buy you time.”

Indirect-Fire Artillery Targeting Phase
- Mobile Long Tom fires!

Movement Phase
Regulator
- High speed turn in hex 2302 (5 base - 1 distance traveled = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Epona
- High speed turn in hex 0907 (5 base - 1 distance traveled = 4): rolled 5, succeeds!
- High speed turn in hex 1309 (5 base + 1 distance traveled = 6): rolled 12, succeeds!

Zorya 2
- Gains ACE Status!

Hunter 1
- High speed turn in hex 1409 (5 base + 0 distance traveled = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Panther
- High speed turn on concrete in hex 3505 (5 base - 1 distance traveled = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

Indirect-Fire Artillery Phase
-No shells land this turn!

Combat Phase
ACE Sylph Point
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Regulator (4 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 12, hit Turret (26/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Regulator (4 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Regulator (4 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Side (7/16 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Regulator (4 base + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Side (4/16 armor remaining)!

ACE Epona
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Front (19/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Front (13/25 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Drillson (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, fails to lock-on!

ACE Zorya 1
- Fires LB 5-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Hunter 1 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 7): rolled 4, miss!

Manticore
- Turret twists to threaten front arc!
- Fires LRM-10 at Epona (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Epona (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Manticore (LBX)
- Turret twists to threaten left arc!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Slug) at Epona (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Rear (8/18 armor remaining)!

Challenger X
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Sylph Point (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Slug) at Sylph Point (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Artemis LRM-10 at (Slug) at Sylph Point (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Trooper 2 (1/5 armor remaining)!

Wasp
- Holds fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 10!

Hunter 1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Zorya 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Side (0/9 armor, 0/4 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Artemis LRM-15 at Zorya 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 6): rolled 8, 9 missiles hit Front (2/15 armor remaining), Front (0/15 armor, 2/4 structure remaining)! Crit!

Tokugawa 2
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Epona (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Artemis SRM-6 at Epona: out of range!

Partisan 2
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- No Line of Sight to secondary target!

Regulator
- Turret rotates to threaten Right Arc!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Epona (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 10): rolled 8, miss!

Drillson
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Epona (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Turret (8/17 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Epona (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Epona (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 10): rolled 6, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Anhur (4 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 10): rolled 2, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Anhur (4 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 secondary target = 10): rolled 9, fails to lock-on!

PNT 10K2 Panther
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- No Line of Sight to secondary target!

Mobile Long Tom
- Holds fire!

Zorya 2
- Fires LB 5-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Regulator (4 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 8): rolled 8, 3 submunitions hit Turret (25/29 armor remaining (Crit)), Turret (24/29 armor remaining), Front (29/30 armor remaining)!

Mars Assault Vehicle
- Fires ER Large Laser at Manticore (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 4 immobile target = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Side (16/26 armor remaining)! CfMSD!

Anhur
- Crew Stunned!

Donar
- Fires ER Large Laser at Manticore (LBX) (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Side (12/34 armor remaining)! CfMSD!

Horned Owl
- Holds fire!

End Phase
Regulator
- Chance for Motive System Damage!
- - Heavy damage (Cruising MP Halved, +3 penalty to driving)

Drillson
- - Minor damage +1 penalty to driving

Manticore

Manticore (LBX)

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Mars Assault Vehicle
- Designates Sylph Point as Ace!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Capture the Coolant Factory (0/1)

Secondary Objectives:
Protect the Mobile Army Support Hospital from detection (0/1)
Defend the Mobile Army Support Hospital (0/1)
Locate the Clan Ammunition Dump (0/1)
Destroy the Clan Ammunition Dump (0/1)

Special Rules:
Caustic, Tainted Atmosphere (TacOps p56)
Vehicles suffer an automatic Crew Stunned if armor is breached, Mechwarriors take double damage from cockpit hits.
Point Commanders
As long as they are active combatants, the Mars Assault Vehicle and Epona Pursuit Tank may designate one unit each as an Ace for two turns. New Ace units may not be designated until Ace status expires. Units which opt to remain immobile for at least two turns gain Ace status on the first turn they move. BattleMechs and VTOLs may not be Aces.

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PTN's Note: The 26th is my birthday, so I'll be taking Wednesday the 25th off for fun and relaxation. :krakentoot:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 23, 2015

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sludge Factory: Tactical Update 10
Anhur
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Manticore (LBX) (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 stabilizer hit = 6): rolled 7, hit Front (34/41 armor remaining)!
- Fires AP Gauss Rifle at Manticore (LBX) (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 stabilizer hit = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Side (22/34 armor remaining)! CfMSD!

Unless I misunderstood the Crew Stunned effect, this can't happen, as the crew is stunned for this turn and the next:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sludge Factory: Tactical Update 9

Anhur
- Crew stunned by Armor Breach!
- Critical chance in Right Side! Crew stunned!
- MP reduced by Rotor damage
- Critical chance in Rotor! No damage sustained!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Heavy damage (MP Halved, +3 penalty to piloting)!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Hey Poptarts: as someone whose usually on the receiving end of the initiative order shenanigans, how satisfying is it running amok with the ACEpona?

EDIT: Horned Owl now in firing position, that is a whole lot of Pulse bullshit with not a whole lot of armor that could really stand to do some exploding.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Protip: if you're shooting a vehicle from the side use your cluster ammo. Every pellet that hits the side armor has something around a 20% chance to roll on that lovely motive system damage chart that's been crippling stuff. And a +2 bonus to how bad the damage is. Side crits on hovercraft will almost always reduce their movement.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 23, 2015

• Locked thread