Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kial
Jul 23, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Given how much trouble they've given me I think the players made the right choices.

Generally speaking the players are doing great. The odd bad move has to be expected. It's going to be close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Yeah, this has been a great scenario. Things have been relatively even the whole way through, which makes the finale all the more nail-biting.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Orders In

Movement

Partisan
Flank Speed
Advance to 3104
Turn to 3204
Advance to 3204

Tokugawa
No Movement

Shooting

Partisan
Fire AC5s at Mars if it moves into line of sight.

Tokugawa
Fire LB10x at Horned Owl (Cluster) as primary target.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

My orders are in as well:

quote:

Movement:
Flank speed
facing change to 1115 (2MP)
move to 1115 (1MP)
facing change to 1116 (1MP)
move to 1116 (1MP)

Shooting:
Fire everything at the Zorya

While I don't like not engaging the Horned Owl for yet another turn, it's better than going alone and being eaten by three Pulse Lasers.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Welp, I finally started following this thread again, and I just spent about a month catching up by reading all of PTNs posts.

PTN uses "actinic" a lot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I do. I should work on that.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
I thought it was a stock phrase like the "azure whip of PPCs" you see in every single BT novel ever written.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It is. I'm overusing it. :ssh:

Edit: I should really be seeing if I can make 'rivulets of molten steel' sound natural now or something.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 12, 2015

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
The stock phrases are a huge part of the charm as far as I'm concerned. :spergin:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Next map will feature actual rivulets of molten steel. That's right, Battleground: Mercury.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

PoptartsNinja posted:

Next map will feature actual rivulets of molten steel. That's right, Battleground: Mercury.

With a night/day mechanic and sunlight slowly moving across the map increasing heat every turn if you are in it and steel ground turning into rivulets of molten steel as the light hits it.

Also Necromongers for some reason.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

hooman posted:

With a night/day mechanic and sunlight slowly moving across the map increasing heat every turn if you are in it and steel ground turning into rivulets of molten steel as the light hits it.

And any mechs that are in the recent melt when the sun leaves are stuck as the molten metal freezes around their feet.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

hooman posted:

Battletech: You keep what you kill

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

LegendairyBovine posted:

The stock phrases are a huge part of the charm as far as I'm concerned. :spergin:

I personall haaaate it. Because its lazy writing and it immediatly draws me out of my suspension of disbelief and I get upset and sad and cranky.

(I read PTN posts once a week, if acitinic repeats itself I barely notice. But if you read a book that just constantly repeats the same words you get sad)

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

PoptartsNinja posted:

It is. I'm overusing it. :ssh:

Edit: I should really be seeing if I can make 'rivulets of molten steel' sound natural now or something.

Don't forget beams of coherent light, obsessive references to the model of your LRM launcher (Doombud! The true choice of all Carlyle failures!), the crack of a nickel-ferrous slug, waves of heat filling the cockpit, and of course one more hit and I'm going to lose that limb!

I may have read too much Battletech in my life.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Preechr posted:

Don't forget beams of coherent light, obsessive references to the model of your LRM launcher (Doombud! The true choice of all Carlyle failures!), the crack of a nickel-ferrous slug, waves of heat filling the cockpit, and of course one more hit and I'm going to lose that limb!

I may have read too much Battletech in my life.

You forgot one:

MAN

MADE

LIGHTNING

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Oh, and ridiculously melodramatic mech startup passwords!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
PTN you must now incorporate every one of the above into your next fluff piece. Be the writer Battletech deserves.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Preechr posted:

Oh, and ridiculously melodramatic mech startup passwords!

include the long drawn out mech power up sequence, complete with sticky pads for body sensors

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

The Casualty posted:

Battletech: You keep what you kill

:golfclap:

LeadSled posted:

You forgot one:

MAN

MADE

LIGHTNING

Various versions of "heat flooded the cockpit as they fired everything" (yet strangely enough I don't ever recall heat actually taking a Mech out in any of the novels, no cooking off ammo or even slowing Mechs down).

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There's really only so many ways to describe mech combat, especially when you're constrained to a strongly defined technology base, interfaces and weapons. The authors can't just make up whole new kinds of giant robot in the way an author writing an original series could.

PTN has an advantage in that his fluff pieces only really need to provide a window into the experiences of the combatants and show us some stand-out highlights, while the actual details of the fight relating to us what's going on are in the update proper.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Sludge Factory: Tactical Update 15

Smoke and silence clogged the acrid air separating the Challenger from the approaching Clan tank, obscuring the vision of each vehicle’s commander. For a brief moment peace reigned on the battlefield as both crews struggled to assess their own damage and see what sort of punishment they’d dealt to their counterpart.

The forward plating of the Clan tank was puckered by a Gauss Rifle hit. The shot hadn’t penetrated but the scar of the impact had peeled back armor plating and the dull sheen of the nickel-ferrous slug could be seen within. The tank pressed on regardless, its four sets of massive treads chewing up the pavement beneath it even as autocannon rounds from the distant Partisan howled by overhead.

The Challenger had taken the worst of the exchange, almost none of its frontal armor had gone unscathed. Once vibrant paint had been blackened and scorched, and the driver’s cameras had been shot away. The Challenger still had the turret-mounted cameras, but the necessity of even near-idle maneuvering meant the driver now needed those cameras more than the gunner did. Reluctantly the Challenger’s turret traversed back to its resting position. The need to quickly turn and fire would slow the Challenger’s gunnery, but if they stopped moving entirely they were all dead.

Corporal Osanda templed his fingers. He wasn’t a religious man, but if there was a grand and powerful One True God he wouldn’t have minded a miracle. And if any of the Drac Kami were listening he’d take whatever favors they could offer as well.

Movement Phase
Wasp
- Jumps with actuator damage, must pass a piloting roll or fall (5 base + 1 actuator damage = 6): rolled 6, succeeds!

ACE Mars Assault Vehicle
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Challenger X (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Challenger X (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Front (35/57 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Fires Artemis LRM-15 at Challenger X (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 9, 12 missiles hit Front (30/57 armor remaining), Front (25/57 armor remaining (TAC!), Front (24/57 armor remaining (CfMSD!))!
- Fires Artemis LRM-15 at Challenger X (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, 12 missiles hit Front (19/57 armor remaining), Left Side (42/47 armor remaining (CfMSD!)), Turret (52/57 armor remaining)!
- Fires Artemis LRM-15 at Challenger X (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Challenger X (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Challenger X (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Challenger X (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 6, 8 submunitions hit Front (18/57 armor remaining (CfMSD!)), Front (17/57 armor remaining), Turret (51/57 armor remaining), Left Side (41/50 armor remaining (CfMSD!)), Front (16/57 armor remaining (TAC!)), Front (15/57 armor remaining), Front (14/57 armor remaining), Front (13/57 armor remaining)!

Manticore (LBX)
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Slug) at Zorya (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Zorya (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 11): rolled 7, fails to lock-on!

Challenger X
- Fires LRM-10 at Mars Assault Vehicle (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement +4 minimum range = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Mars (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Front (35/50 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Mars (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Turret (41/47 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Mars (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Turret (35/47 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Mars (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 6, 6 submunitions hit Front (34/50 armor remaining (CfMSD!)), Front (33/50 armor remaining), Front (32/50 armor remaining), Turret (34/37 armor remaining), Front (31/50 armor remaining), Front (30/50 armor remaining)!

Wasp
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 10!

Hunter 1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Zorya (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Front (5/15 armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Fires Artemis LRM-15 at Zorya (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Tokugawa 2
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Horned Owl (4 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 3 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 10): rolled 12, 3 clusters hit Left Torso (9/10 armor remaining), Right Leg (10/11 armor remaining), Center Torso (12/13 armor remaining)!

Partisan 2
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Mars (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Mars (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Mars (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Autocannon/5 at Mars (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 9, miss!

Drillson
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Athena (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Athena (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 10): rolled 10, 2 missiles hit Turret (28/30 armor remaining), Right Side (24/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Athena (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 10): rolled 7, miss!

PNT 10K2 Panther
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- Fires ER PPC at Infantry 1605 (4 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 24!

Zorya 1
- Fires LB 5-X Autocannon (Cluster) at Manticore (LBX) (4 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 5): rolled 7, 5 submunitions hit Front (31/43 armor remaining), Turret (29/42 armor remaining), Front (30/43 armor remaining), Front (29/43 armor remaining), Front (28/43 armor remaining)!

Athena Combat Vehicle
- Turret twists to threaten Right Arc!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Drillson (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, miss!

Horned Owl
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Tokugawa (4 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 Pulse Laser - 4 immobile target = 5): Rolled 8, hit Turret (22/36 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Sylph Point
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at MASH unit (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 3): rolled 7, hit (23/50 durability remaining)!

Elementals
- Hold fire!

End Phase
Challenger X
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Heavy damage cruising MP halved +3 penalty to driving!
- Through-armor critical chance in Front! Sensors hit! +1 penalty to-hit!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Minor damage +1 penalty to driving!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! No damage sustained!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Heavy damage cruising MP halved +3 penalty to driving!
- Chance for Motive System Damage! Moderate damage -1 cruising MP +2 penalty to driving!
- Through-armor critical chance in Front! Medium Pulse Laser malfunctions!

Tokugawa 2
- Through-armor critical chance in Turret! LB 10-X Autocannon destroyed!

Zorya

Mars

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
Capture the Coolant Factory (0/1)

Secondary Objectives:
Protect the Mobile Army Support Hospital from detection (Failed)
Defend the Mobile Army Support Hospital (0/1)
Locate the Clan Ammunition Dump (1/1)
Destroy the Clan Ammunition Dump (0/1)

Special Rules:
Caustic, Tainted Atmosphere (TacOps p56)
Vehicles suffer an automatic Crew Stunned if armor is breached, Mechwarriors take double damage from cockpit hits.
Point Commanders
As long as they are active combatants, the Mars Assault Vehicle and Epona Pursuit Tank may designate one unit each as an Ace for two turns. New Ace units may not be designated until Ace status expires. Units which opt to remain immobile for at least two turns gain Ace status on the first turn they move. BattleMechs and VTOLs may not be Aces.

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 12, 2015

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

MadDogMike posted:

Various versions of "heat flooded the cockpit as they fired everything" (yet strangely enough I don't ever recall heat actually taking a Mech out in any of the novels, no cooking off ammo or even slowing Mechs down).

The three times I can remember off the top of my head were all under the auspices of my favorite authors.

Jamie Wolf was defeated when his Archer shut down standing hip-deep in a lake of Lava in Wolves on the Border. The Archer still endured the 10-15 minutes it took for Jamie to be rescued (if that doesn't tell you something about the toughness of `Mech armor nothing will, poo poo be crazy yo).

Cassie Suthorn beat Jeffrey Kusunoki's Naginata by just face-tanking the thing's ER PPC in an unarmed Atlas (she "technically" beat it with a hug but it shut down and couldn't fight back) in Hearts of Chaos (the worst of the Camacho's Caballeros books).

That same Naginata is defeated again after being stolen from the Caballeros by rogue DEST operatives because half its heat sinks were still sitting in the hangar and the 'lleros technicians fudged the status lights so those same rogue operatives didn't notice in Black Dragon (the best of the Caballeros books).

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Hey, so, I wouldn't bring this up if it didn't matter so much, but the Mars has two light woods when shooting me, as I'm sitting in one, plus the intervening.

So, uh, kami to the rescue?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Hey, so, I wouldn't bring this up if it didn't matter so much, but the Mars has two light woods when shooting me, as I'm sitting in one, plus the intervening.

So, uh, kami to the rescue?

This is correct from eyeballing it, notably this would make all the ones that inflicted actual movement damage on the challenger miss, but the driving penalty only one would still apply. and the challenger misses with a mlp shot.

If the mars had been one hex back then it would have cleared the woods, but the line of fire kisses the hex border which in standard battle tech means that the woods can be claimed for defensive bonuses/offensive penalties.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 12, 2015

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

AtomikKrab posted:

This is correct from eyeballing it, notably this would make all the ones that inflicted actual movement damage on the challenger miss, but the driving penalty onyl one would still apply. and the challenger misses with a mlp round.

Not the latter, because "enemy movement" is on there twice, the second being the light woods mod.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Man, those Cluster weapons are just vicious against tanks. You get the worst of both worlds in eating a pile of potential crits combined with a very limited pool of locations to split the damage between.

It looks like PTN didn't include the second unit of woods for either of your shooting calculations. DId you specify that you were shooting through it, rather than around it, in your orders?

EDIT: you're right, looks like the Challenger lives to ride again!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

You don't count the terrain you're in for shooting out of it.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

You don't count the terrain you're in for shooting out of it.

Yeah, I just missed that he double-counted the enemy movement to also make up for the intervening woods.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Things look pretty dangerous right now, but this game is still very winnable at this point. That Mars is dangerously exposed and isn't very...tanky considering that it is in fact a tank. You can easily take it down in a single turn if you concentrate fire in a single arc. Return fire would be pretty brutal, but probably something that can be managed well enough. Doing so would deny the enemy any more aces for the match. Without the threat of an enemy with initiative it is quite easy to avoid the Athena's kill zone (which you guys have been doing a loving phenomenal job of, btw) and be more aggressive while dealing with the fast annoying stuff still on the field.

Voyager I posted:

Man, those Cluster weapons are just vicious against tanks. You get the worst of both worlds in eating a pile of potential crits combined with a very limited pool of locations to split the damage between.

This is why I was quite glad the players picked a bunch of LB/X tanks. Those guns are so absurdly great in this kind of battle. The only thing that would have been more brutal would be if a unit carried inferno SRMs.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Not the latter, because "enemy movement" is on there twice, the second being the light woods mod.

Nope, that was a copypasta gently caress up. It's fixed, the LB 10-X hit.

Both tanks were shooting at each other. The light woods were 50/50 so I discounted them since both vehicles were actively shooting each other (the same as I'd do with intervening LOS blocking terrain).

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Good catch, I think our challenger is still ticking, which means this was a good turn for our side. and now the drillson can fly to the rescue and open a can of cfmsd on the mars. if goon lance immobilizes it the panther can get into its hex and literally kick it to death if nothing else.

Please finish off the slyphs, at some point? don't they have no armor left, ptn isn't there like a guard with a pistol who could walk over and shoot the elemental in his now exposed face?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nope, that was a gently caress up. It's fixed, the LB 10-X hit.

Both tanks were shooting at each other. The light woods were 50/50 so I discounted them since both vehicles were actively shooting each other (the same as I'd do with intervening LOS blocking terrain).

I think that decision is up to the "players", if either wants to use the light woods, then both have to use it.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I'm fine with this adjudication. Last thing I want to do is indulge in more rules minutiae.

e: and I think the Panther's intent was to finish the Sylphs, though man oh man do we need him on the Mars.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nope, that was a copypasta gently caress up. It's fixed, the LB 10-X hit.

In future orders, could it be specified if you were shooting through the woods instead of around them for situations like this? It's not something that would come up with buildings for obvious reasons.

EDIT: if we want to get full rules sperg I think it ends up being PTN's decision. The target decides whether or not terrain counts for LOS in 50/50 splits, with both units being bound by that decision for the rest of the turn. Since the players declare shooting first, it would have been up to the Mars to make the call.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Voyager I posted:

In future orders, could it be specified if you were shooting through the woods instead of around them for situations like this? It's not something that would come up with buildings for obvious reasons.

EDIT: if we want to get full rules sperg I think it ends up being PTN's decision. The target decides whether or not terrain counts for LOS in 50/50 splits, with both units being bound by that decision for the rest of the turn. Since the players declare shooting first, it would have been up to the Mars to make the call.

Yep, anyways the mars is down to 30 armor on the front. If the challenger turns to presen the right flank it actually out armors the mars and protects its vulnerable front in turn,

I will rules lawyer on the CFMSD that occurred with the lb-x hitting the mars now, ptn should check that, we might be in the crippling the mars business.

As some advice, depending on how the partisan and mars move there may be 3 woods in the way which would deny the partisan a shot on the mars, remember to designate the slyphs as a secondary target.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 12, 2015

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The Challenger is probably going to get wrecked next turn, but it's going to get a good round of shooting off with its turret-mounted big guns and the Mars isn't fast enough to just go around it so it sorta has to spend its whole next turn putting it down rather than working on another target.

The Zorya is one shot from exploding, the Horned Owl has an open leg, and the Athena is a glass cannon with a poo poo move profile that can't use its real guns if it loses initiative, so if we can chump the Mars without losing anything other than the Challenger the players are still in pretty solid shape.

Killing the last Sylph isn't urgent. The hospital can tank several more turns of fire, nothing else is in any position to threaten it, and the last man can be killed as soon as nobody has anything better to do than tap the building again (and while the Mars is still alive, everyone has something better to do).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

I think that decision is up to the "players", if either wants to use the light woods, then both have to use it.

Oh yeah, my bad. Let me redo the whole update while I wait the 2-30 hours it usually takes for me to get a response from a player.

A less tired and grumpy response: as a general rule, since the LP started, whenever cover is 50/50 like this I have always held that if both units decide to shoot each other they are both choosing to fire with the best possible to-hits. It's something I have to do due to the format. I think this is the first time it's ever come up in a way that doesn't directly benefit the players.

If it's that much of an issue, after this mission I'll change the rule and so all 50/50 intervening terrain always intervenes regardless of what the units involved are doing.

Voyager I posted:

the Horned Owl has an open leg

:raise:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 12, 2015

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

As I said, I'm fine with this, and we can all stop talking about such a minor error now.

Does the thread think it's worthwhile for me to go to flank speed to present my (less) damaged right side, with the understanding that that effectively pushes my base TH to 7 (4 base + 1 sensors + 2 flanking)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Defensive arcs are the friends of BattleMechs and the enemies of tanks everywhere (you'd have to turn two hexsides to have a chance to take hits on anything other than your front arc). Which is a shame because otherwise this is a really clever thought. :(

• Locked thread