Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Here, have a stadium and a compound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like something went wrong with your outlines while exporting?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like something went wrong with your outlines while exporting?

Possibly. Largely, it's more likely that they're not very good, my MSPaintery skills are mediocre at best,

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I have a perverse fondness for catch-the-train scenarios, so someone please do a nice pixelart choo-choo.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Geodesic Mech Repair / Refit Bay:

Mech Gantry:

Fuel Tank:

Water Tank:

Toxic Chemical Tank:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Keru posted:

Someone make a hex with the Schreck Field Bistro in it, thanks

A bit of a quick job, but ask and ye shall receive:

Includes lots of little mans queuing up for delicious food and some foldout tables / umbrellas.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Scintilla posted:

Includes lots of little mans queuing up for delicious food and some foldout tables / umbrellas.

You're doing good work.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Possibly. Largely, it's more likely that they're not very good, my MSPaintery skills are mediocre at best,

Looks like it was saved as a jpg, MS Paint always fucks those up. If you've still got the file you might want to try again as a .png.

A stadium is an amazing idea. Just remember there're only two sports in BattleTech: American Football, and Clan Rules Lacrosse.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 12, 2015

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Scintilla posted:

loving hipsters and their loving food trucks.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I've never tried making pixel stuff, but I played around a bit and it ended up as some kind of processing plant maybe? I'll see if I can come up with something better. And is the background supposed to be orange?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Solid colour backgrounds make things easier to add to spritesheets. It also makes it easier to mess with transparency and orientation.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Here's my attempt at a gas station, some houses, a power substation, and a skyscraper.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

TildeATH posted:

loving hipsters and their loving food trucks.

It reminds me of those big rigs that fold out into full kitchens that they use for disaster relief.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

paragon1 posted:

It reminds me of those big rigs that fold out into full kitchens that they use for disaster relief.

I can only imagine what the 31st century version of a FEMA trailer would be like, given Inner Sphere views of collateral damage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Potato cannons are lostech.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Keru posted:

I can only imagine what the 31st century version of a FEMA trailer would be like, given Inner Sphere views of collateral damage.

A dedicated disarmed troop transport DropShip or liner-class DropShip, maybe?

It'd be a good use for a fading Jumbo-class DropShip; refit the cargo bays as living quarters, drop it into a former battlefield, move all the displaced people inside until they can get buildings built. Or maybe a Danais-class, since the Star League even let the Periphery states build those; manufacturing specs must be pretty widespread by now.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Keru posted:

Don't know what it would look like on the outside, but I sure know what it looks like on the inside:

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

TildeATH posted:

Don't know what it would look like on the outside, but I sure know what it looks like on the inside:

It took me a few minutes and a Google lookup to make sure I actually understood what your image was. But yeah.

(ninja: I didn't image search, I looked up "[movie name] title" once it occurred to me what was on that conveyor belt. My brain concluded they were post-it notes at first.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

I'm giving you credit for this one, since it was your idea. Also an interesting piece of terrain for an Urbanmech to exploit.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Huge Anti-Orbital Gun Emplacement:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm giving you credit for this one, since it was your idea. Also an interesting piece of terrain for an Urbanmech to exploit.

Very generous, thank you.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Just for fun - Space Outhouse:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Clan outhouses hold twice the poo poo with half the smell.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

So is it a set up with two hexes in the middle for the field and the walls all around? Because then you could get two mechs inside to pummel each other for our amusement!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

So is it a set up with two hexes in the middle for the field and the walls all around? Because then you could get two mechs inside to pummel each other for our amusement!

Three! And even then at 90 meters long it's a bit short to be a real Sports Field, so clearly it's some college's stadium and totally was not me loving up the dimensions completely. :pseudo:

Edit: Ha, I totally forgot about this!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 13, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
So it's the WR-DG-02FC. With the Nightstar it looks like this is shaping up to be the Fire Gauss Rifles Forever Lance.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Three! And even then at 90 meters long it's a bit short to be a real Sports Field, so clearly it's some college's stadium and totally was not me loving up the dimensions completely. :pseudo:

Edit: Ha, I totally forgot about this!

Even Better.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

Fire Gauss Rifles Forever Lance.

4 `Mechs 5 Gauss. Now try to figure out which `Mechs those are.

Hint #1: If the final player `Mech had been a Rifleman III, it would've been 7 Gauss between 4 `Mechs

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Combat Theater Vote Results:
- The players and 40 of their friends will be going Behind Enemy Lines
- The Kalma-Youngblood Mercenary Company, LLC sort through 38 applicants, but don’t find quite enough.
- The Three Front War is off to a rough start, only 14 mercenaries answer Duke Sandoval’s call.
- 13 voters are Trapped between the Clans and the rebels in Skye.

In some ways, the misjump that had carried the 4th Free Worlds Guards’ 5th Company to Abadan had been a godsend. True, the JumpShip carrying the unit’s three Leopard-class had blown a seal the moment it’d emerged from hyperspace, stranding the unit nearly thirty light-years away from their intended destination, but Abadan had been nigh-undefended at first, and the locals were still Free Worlders by birth and had welcomed Carlos and his men with open arms. Word of the 4th’s near-complete annihilation had reached Carlos’s command only a few short weeks after his company had made groundfall: the speed at which the news had traveled suggested the Capellans had been laying in wait for the first regiment to try to retake the league’s ancient capitol.

Carlos and his lance had taken the news out on the newly-arrived Capellan administrative drones, culminating in a strike that had slain Mandarin Yeh and defeated his single lance of bodyguards. 5th Company’s retributive act might even have been enough to constitute the reconquest of Abadan had a full battalion of the Confederation’s Prefectorate Guard not landed in the capitol city only three weeks later to seize control of Abadan’s extensive industrial facilities.

Carlos had lead his company into the badlands to hide among the stone pillars and the planet’s richest mineral deposits to wage a guerilla war against the Capellan Confederation as they traveled a circuitous path between the unit’s three scattered, carefully-hidden DropShips. They had met little success, unless one counted survival as a success, which Carlos chose to. They’d engaged the Prefectorate Guard only once, ambushing a light scout lance. Most had escaped, but two downed and one crippled `Mech was a start. But the Capellans could reinforce with impunity while the young Prince of the Free Worlds League could not.

Carlos stared at his maps and scratched at the uncomfortable beard he’d grown. They needed to get the word out and not simply for his own sake. Marik was a symbolic prize but Abadan was a material one: the production facilities there would be crucial to the League’s continued survival, and with only a single battalion defending it—even one as elite as the Protectorate Guard—a concerted counterattack could liberate the world and its factories and deny the Confederation its mineral wealth. Carlos’s lance commanders watched him in silence, weary but hardly broken. They’d already scored one victory on Abadan under Carlos’s command. A second couldn’t be long in coming.

“Alright,” Carlos said finally. “Here’s the plan.”

Behind Enemy Lines

Unit Lists
Lance, 5th Company, 4th Free Worlds Guards

Elements, 3rd Battalion, Prefectorate Guard

Possible Enemy Reinforcements
Unknown

Neutral Units

Mechwarriors
Viva Miriya
The Merry Marauder
Narsham
DivineCoffeeBinge

Alternates
Gwaihir
MadGamer
tuluk
Technowolf

Special Thanks
Scintilla
Lil Jonas
Ardlen
AJ Impy

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 14, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh my. There has to be surprises in store for the players considering how light the opfor patrol is vs their heavy lance.

Can't wait for the :allears: to start in earnest!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So much gauss, player 1, duct tape down the gauss rifle firing button, you got a 12 to hit? take it, you have 40 shots to burn through.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Gwaihir posted:

Oh my. There has to be surprises in store for the players considering how light the opfor patrol is vs their heavy lance.

Can't wait for the :allears: to start in earnest!

We have a big ol' question mark for possible enemy reinforcements and 4,000 BV worth of unexplained Comstar neutrals.

It's definitely not gonna be that easy :allears:

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Oh lord, so many of my favourite 'Mechs in one mission

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lotta open ground on the north end. All those GRs can take advantage of that but it's probably not a great idea just to hang out over there

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Confirming I'm here and ready to ROCK!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

So much gauss, player 1, duct tape down the gauss rifle firing button, you got a 12 to hit? take it, you have 40 shots to burn through.

Baby its me, the mandozer. Who the gently caress are you kidding here?

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Baby its me, the mandozer. Who the gently caress are you kidding here?

I can't wait for the curse of the dice to hit

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Just make sure Mandozer walks in front.

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

So, not sure what the objectives are going to be yet here, but my read of this map is that it's going to punish any temptation to hang back and snipe with the gauss rifles. There's too much 'Mech-height cover at the south end of the map for that approach to work.

My bet would be to move up to the middle of the map into places where you can get half-cover and use the gauss at short or medium range (which will be medium or long for most other weapons. Stay together as a group so that anything that tries to get in under the gauss' medium range is going to get hit by someone else or riddled with pulse lasers. If you have to go into town, I'd say leave someone at the end of streets with long sight-lines for cover, and don't stand in intersections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Wasn't ComStar helping the Rimworlds Republic against the FWL by "losing" messages or taking their sweet time transmitting them?
If so I'd assume they would not like it if the prince came by to call home, telling Dad that he's alive.

• Locked thread