Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Scintilla posted:

If you want me to move elsewhere that's fine - I was mostly thinking about positioning myself for next turn.

Thats pretty much the line of thought that led me to go there. I can get up on 1920 or 1718 from 1522. Where you're at would be 1817. 1521 gets me 1816, though, which has pretty good lines of fire.

The white hawk, if its still standing, is probably going to 1520 next turn for more backshots. Beware the blue hawk at 1821 next turn also.

If we traded spots, I'd be hitting my LRMs on 8's, HLL on 11, and er on 12.
Do we think the white hawk needs to take damage this turn?
Are my shots better than yours?

If so, we should think about swapping.

Comedy option is to go to 1221 and light up the hawk at range 4. 7's and 8's vs the hawk's 9's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Whatever option gets you guys up shooting at that Pillager faster the better!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Just a head's up, we're getting some inclement weather. It's pretty bad and there's a lot of ice so it's possible I could lose power and internet (I also might get called in to work :v: ).

As of right now, everything still looks fine, but if it does happen the update may need to be delayed. Keep your fingers crossed.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

Whatever option gets you guys up shooting at that Pillager faster the better!

Assuming the bluehawk jumps to 1821, is it worth taking backshots over?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

It's already moved, so that would be a weird assumption to make.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Next turn.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

It might already be dead, if ptn fixes the mistake.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

TheParadigm posted:

If you go to 1521 this turn, you could go to 1817 facing 1917 next turn and not take backshots from it.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar
F it... going with my gut. Orders will be in momentarily

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Orders are in. Moving to 1611 and shooting Golden Boy. Kicking anyone who gets close.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Orders are in, and it only took me two revisions. That'll teach me to rush. Careful Standing and attempting to shoot the Golden Boy unless it's dead, in which case I have contingencies to target the Grey Marauder or any other mech that comes close.

Hopefully I'll either draw a good amount of overkill or get lucky and still be standing next turn, but either way, with any luck at all there's gonna be one less Warhammer by the end of next turn.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

It might already be dead, if ptn fixes the mistake.

It's not, I fixed that a while ago.

I just didn't update the paperdoll. It's correct in the spreadsheets.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Orders are in, and it only took me two revisions. That'll teach me to rush. Careful Standing and attempting to shoot the Golden Boy unless it's dead, in which case I have contingencies to target the Grey Marauder or any other mech that comes close.

Hopefully I'll either draw a good amount of overkill or get lucky and still be standing next turn, but either way, with any luck at all there's gonna be one less Warhammer by the end of next turn.

I'm hitting him as well unless someone tries to hug me (which I doubt)

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's not, I fixed that a while ago.

I just didn't update the paperdoll. It's correct in the spreadsheets.

Thanks for checking on that - I wasn't sure if the megamek braintrust and myself had made some form of error in the to-hits.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

TheParadigm posted:

Thats pretty much the line of thought that led me to go there. I can get up on 1920 or 1718 from 1522. Where you're at would be 1817. 1521 gets me 1816, though, which has pretty good lines of fire.

The white hawk, if its still standing, is probably going to 1520 next turn for more backshots. Beware the blue hawk at 1821 next turn also.

If we traded spots, I'd be hitting my LRMs on 8's, HLL on 11, and er on 12.
Do we think the white hawk needs to take damage this turn?
Are my shots better than yours?

If so, we should think about swapping.

Comedy option is to go to 1221 and light up the hawk at range 4. 7's and 8's vs the hawk's 9's.

My Gauss would be hitting on 9 and my ER Medium on 11. Yeah, you have better numbers. No worries, I'll go to 1422 instead.

Revised Orders:

Movement

I activate my King Cobra's MASC and move forwards into hex 0923, then turn and move three hexes to hex hex 1221. I turn again and move down to hex 1422, ending my movement facing hex 1523.

Shooting

Should an enemy Ace move into range I torso twist as needed and fire my Gauss Rifle and ER Medium Laser. If multiple Aces are in view I prioritize the closest one.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Sweet, glad we caught that in time. I'll be taking your spot and unloading.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Huh, I just noticed the Pillager has Clanspec ER Medium Lasers. One more thing to worry about. :v:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Scintilla posted:

Huh, I just noticed the Pillager has Clanspec ER Medium Lasers. One more thing to worry about. :v:

I think that Pillager might be the most tricked out machine on the field, depending on how you weigh an XXL engine in the Shadow Hawks vs a machine with an XL Gyro and clan gauss rifles.
(The only way I could find to make it work was an XL engine, XL gyro, small cockpit, and clan gauss, along with endo-steel internals.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That is a lot of effort to box in an ACE unit rather than escaping. :psyduck:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
That means your plan is working as intended! :v:

To be fair pretty much the whole OpFor is faster than Team :squawk: so I can see why they'd rather stand and deliver rather than risk butt shots.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

With 2/3 of support pretty bad off and an open rear torso, I didn't see a way to escape without an ACE blowing me to hell. Not at 4/6. From here maybe I can run using the river to guard my flank.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Make sure we don't spend too much time chasing poo poo down instead of escaping. We don't want to suddenly realize we are in too deep with no good way out...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Artificer posted:

Make sure we don't spend too much time chasing poo poo down instead of escaping. We don't want to suddenly realize we are in too deep with no good way out...

That's already happened. :(

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Barring another really bad luck headshot on Carlos, goons are pretty OK generally- Odds are Golden Boy gets seriously hurt or dead this turn, which leaves 3 'Mechs in the north, and one fewer Ace. Meanwhile 2 of the three most powerful Corsair units are 2 ish turns away, while the Wolverine II is in position to threaten backshots and provide support as of this very turn.

You guys are doing fine!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Considering this is an escape scenario, though, I wouldn't bet against additional reinforcements arriving if you stick around too long. The objective is to get Carlos and as many of your guys out as you can, after all. And PTN started off with a significant force disadvantage.

The last time I remember he did that, the Bobcat showed up.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Night10194 posted:

Considering this is an escape scenario, though, I wouldn't bet against additional reinforcements arriving if you stick around too long. The objective is to get Carlos and as many of your guys out as you can, after all. And PTN started off with a significant force disadvantage.

The last time I remember he did that, the Bobcat showed up.

PTN has aces to balance out his "disadvantage". The main reason he usually gets more BV of units than Goonlance is because he always loses initiative.

In-universe, the Cappellans weren't at a disadvantage "starting off". They rolled in with overwhelming firepower and air support, until it was Carlos that got the surprise reinforcements because the Cappies took too long killing them. Plus, the fluff said that the other Cappellan forces on planet are already moving out and that these forces will catch up after they've finished "testing" their new rides. The troops PTN has on the field, combined with Ace status, are plenty dangerous. I'm not counting out enemy reinforcements being a possibility, but it isn't really necessary to make the current situation threatening as it is.

That said, if they're all dead, you've escaped. :black101:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
So, as I finish up this update, I'm thinking about where I want to go next. I know everyone's really wanting a "where are they now" sort of write-up so I'll probably do one of those. But it's going to be time consuming, and I'll probably do a one year time skip (give or take) to push us into 3035 since a lot of these past few scenarios have been happening pretty close to simultaneously.

That'll probably start us off with a couple of Pretty Big Events to choose from going into the new year, and you'll get to see the fallout from some of our more recent choices right away.

I'm still mulling things over. We've done time skips before but I admit I want to do this mostly because I'm eager to see the reaction to what will come of some of the recent voting.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 16, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
A timeskip sounds like a good idea. Things have been pretty hectic, and the progression of new technology has been pretty explosive compared to the canon. Just how much time has passed in-universe since the very first mission?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Time skips? Voting repercussions? BIG PARTIES?

Awww yeah, it's going to be a good new year in the Inner Sphere. :smugdog:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
A year and a half, give or take? Technology spread has been boosted significantly by the Free Worlds League freely distributing the Helm core to everyone and LosTech being somewhat less common. Also a general assumption on my part that the Inner Sphere has more than three scientists / engineers (in canon only three I can remember are Dr. Banzai, Clovis, and one of Kai Allard-Liao's sisters or aunts (I forget which one (Probably Kuan-Yin?)).

Also here's a casual and completely innocuous reminder that the AFFS has the most blatantly James Bond Villain looking dress uniform.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 16, 2015

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

PoptartsNinja posted:

A year and a half, give or take? Technology spread has been boosted significantly by the Free Worlds League freely distributing the Helm core to everyone and LosTech being somewhat less common. Also a general assumption on my part that the Inner Sphere has more than three scientists / engineers (in canon only three I can remember are Dr. Banzai, Clovis, and one of Kai Allard-Liao's sisters or aunts (I forget which one (Probably Kuan-Yin?)).

I think it was one of his cousins/aunts on the Allard side? Rita or something?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

PoptartsNinja posted:

So, as I finish up this update, I'm thinking about where I want to go next.

So Carlos got it in the head, huh?

I've definitely been of the mind that the Crusaders haven't done enough running and the Corsairs haven't done enough relieving. Even if they pick up another kill the Crusaders are almost certainly down another mech this turn, and there's not many more turns they can keep that up.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Also here's a casual and completely innocuous reminder that the AFFS has the most blatantly James Bond Villain looking dress uniform.

Of course House Davion wears a jumpsuit. Of course.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Not necessarily. I'm just planning, since if I do do a State of the Inner Sphere 3035 update I'm going to have to start it now or I'll be writing for a month when we do hit our last update.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 16, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Of course House Davion wears a jumpsuit. Of course.

In Space 1980s, everyone wears a jumpsuit. Unless they're a racist caricature, in which case maybe they wear a kimono or something.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Scintilla posted:

A timeskip sounds like a good idea. Things have been pretty hectic, and the progression of new technology has been pretty explosive compared to the canon. Just how much time has passed in-universe since the very first mission?

The very first post has "The year is 3032". So, we will be at 3-4 years post-skip.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Shows everyone how long it's been since I read the OP. :v:

Dolash posted:

I've definitely been of the mind that the Crusaders haven't done enough running and the Corsairs haven't done enough relieving. Even if they pick up another kill the Crusaders are almost certainly down another mech this turn, and there's not many more turns they can keep that up.

Between the terrain and PTN's harassers our advance has been much slower than it might have been. I've been expending my full movement every turn and using MASC as much as I dare and it's still taken half a dozen turns to even come close to helping the Crusaders. Maybe if we'd managed to take out the Shawks early on things would be easier, but as it stands I think we've done the best we could given the circumstances.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rise of the Phoenix: Tactical Update 7

“Blake’s blood,” the ComStar Acolyte cursed. “The Warhammer we knocked out just powered back up!”

Lieutenant Coronado wasn’t sure what to make of their adopted ComStar refugee. She fought well enough in a pinch but had a rough air about her that set the bleakest corners of Coronado’s brain screaming ‘pirate’ at inopportune times. The Free Worlds League had long suspected ComStar had backed, or at least had some relationship with, the pirates that had long plagued their border with the Lyran Commonwealth. Maybe it was the accent that did it, Kreszentia had a German last name and a Lyran-German accent. She was probably just some minor noble’s ugly and unwanted youngest daughter, foisted off on ComStar to make something of herself when her family couldn’t find anyone willing to marry someone so ugly. Probably.

“The Capellans’ demeanor has changed,” the company’s Staff Sergeant (and Carlos’s aide) Rory Almeier warned. He was right, Coronado realized as the Marauder she’d been closing on slipped past. Marauders always looked aggressive, but the hunched, tense way it held itself now reminded her of a prize fighter or one of the bipedal, bird-like predators that her homeworld unimaginatively called ‘wolves.’

“Be careful,” Almeier pressed. “Something’s really gotten them riled up.”

“Doesn’t matter,” Coronado grunted, twisting to track the Marauder. Her crosshairs settled on the brilliantly gold armor of a Capellan Warhammer. The gaudy showmanship matched the Confederation’s arrogance, at least: the Free Worlds League was the primary manufacturer of Warhammers. That the Capellans had chosen one as some sort of testbed suggested they intended to take the bulk of the League’s production facilities. It was a laughable thought, but a frightening one at the same time.

She fired, letting loose with everything right as the Warhammer stepped aside. Most of her shots missed clean and she might have cursed if the space hadn’t immediately been filled by the massive figure of that damned Capellan Pillager. She grimaced, bracing for a salvo that never came. The Pillager twisted, its one-eyed, elongated and squashed skull of a head turning away at the last instant. It drove its shoulder into her chest at a little over fifty KPH sending the Rampage into a dizzying pirouette. She’d done something similar to a Capellan Vindicator less than two weeks before, but being on the receiving end was as unexpected as it was unpleasant.

Frame members screeched and buckled as the Rampage struck the ground. Coronado felt something in her jaw give way as the impact threatened to pull the Neurohelmet off her head. She tried to curse but could manage only a pained, startled hiss as the eighty-five tons of BattleMech under her tried to kill her with whiplash. Buckled and secured to her cooling vest, her Neurohelmet ultimately kept her neck from snapping, but another couple of falls like that and she’d be in no condition to fight back.

“Crusader-7, we’ve got visual of the Corsairs,” she managed. “The path narrows up ahead, get down it and link up. Rory and I will block the chokepoints. The Pirates can extract us, but we’re dying for nothing if you let them kill you.”

Movement Phase
Rampage
- Stands carefully (4 base + 2 actuator damage - 2 careful stand = 4): rolled 10, succeeds!

Timber Wolf
- Activates CNI

Pillager
- Initiates a charge attack on Rampage!

Shooting Phase
Grand Titan (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1612!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (11/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (12/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 w/Artemis IV at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 42 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Rampage (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1713!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Leg (11/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 minimum range = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Flamer (Damage) at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 10): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (10/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Cluster) at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 1 cluster = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 20!

Guillotine (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1612!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei but the target is not in the front firing arc!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei but the target is not in the front firing arc!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Marauder Zhang Fei but the target is not in the front firing arc!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 28!

Gallowglas (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 9): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/32 armor, 15/16 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Large Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 9): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (21/35 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Small Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 36!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1226!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhammer Jiangshi (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 2): automatic hit to Left Leg (0/20 armor, 14/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhammer Jiangshi (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 2): automatic hit to Left Arm (0/21 armor, 10/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhammer Jiangshi (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 2): automatic hit to Left Arm (4/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Warhammer Jiangshi (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 2): automatic hit to Right Torso (8/15 structure remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 42!

Archer (Player)
- Fires LRM/20 w/Artemis IV at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 glare = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM/20 w/Artemis IV at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 glare = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 glare = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 glare = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Wolverine II (Player)
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 20!

King Cobra (Player)
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 26!

Timber Wolf H (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1421!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 0 glare negated = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 0 glare negated = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 0 glare negated = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 w/ Artemis IV at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 0 glare negated = 8): rolled 10, 20 missiles hit Head (4/9 armor remaining), Left Leg (21/26 armor remaining), Right Arm (11/18 armor remaining), Center Torso (23/28 armor remaining)!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 36!

Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (White)
- Fires Heavy PPC at Timber Wolf H (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 glare = 10): rolled 9, miss!

Warhammer Gong Gong (Black and Orange)
- Props itself on its left arm!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Gallowglas (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 firing while prone = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (3/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gallowglas (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 2 firing while prone = 7): rolled 6, miss!

Warhammer Jiangshi (Black and Blue)
- Props itself on its left arm!
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1027!
- Fires ER Small Laser at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 firing while prone = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (41/44 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Flamer (Damage) at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 firing while prone = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Torso (26/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Flamer (Damage) at BattleMaster (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 firing while prone = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (39/44 armor remaining)!

Warhammer Golden Boy (Gold)
- Fires eER PPC at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires eER PPC at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (17/29 armor remaining)!

Shadow Hawk Qing Long (Blue)
- Holds fire!

Marauder Guan Yu (Green ACE!)
- Fires Large VSPL at Rampage (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 4): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (3/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large VSPL at Rampage (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 4): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (15/26 armor remaining)!

Marauder Zhang Fei (Silver and Red ACE!)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gallowglas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Gallowglas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/20 armor, 6/11 structure remaining)! Crit!

Pillager Liu Bei (Red and Gold ACE!)
- Holds fire!

End Phase
Warhammer Golden Boy
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Marauder Zhang Fei
- Critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Upper leg actuator hit!
- Through-armor critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 actuator damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Warhammer Jiangshi
- Critical chance in Left Leg! Leg blown off!
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hits sustained!

Shadow Hawk Bai Hu
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Rampage
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Gallowglas
- Critical chance in Right Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Double Heat Sink hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Gallowglas (Player)
- Kicks Marauder Zhang Fei (4 base + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 2 kick = 8): rolled 5, miss!

Pillager Liu Bei
- Charges Rampage (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 difference in skill = 4): rolled 10, hit!
- - Pillager suffers 8 damage in the charge to Right Leg (37/42 armor remaining), Right Arm (30/33 armor remaining)!
- - Rampage suffers 40 damage in the charge to Right Arm (8/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (0/26 armor, 15/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (10/18 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (19/40 armor remaining), Center Torso (14/40 armor remaining), Right Leg (23/32 armor remaining), Left Arm (10/26 armor remaining), Left Leg (1/32 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Pillager
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 2 charge = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Gallowglas
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 0 missed kick = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Rampage
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage + 2 charged = 8): rolled 4, fails!
- - Suffers 9 damage in the fall to Right Arm (3/26 armor remaining), Right Torso (6/18 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (3 base + 1 massive damage + 2 actuator damage + 2 charged + 2 avoiding damage = 10): rolled 7, fails!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - MASC Damaged!
- - Anti-Missile System damaged!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules:
Glare – Any unit standing above level 0 suffers a -2 penalty due to intense sunlight reflecting off the local rocks. All units attacking a unit standing above level 0 suffer a -1 penalty due to intense sunlight reflecting off the target unit. These penalties stack.

Mission Objective:
- Break Through (0/1)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 17, 2015

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Dolash posted:

The Corsairs have driven north about as hard as possible, barring the Battlemaster spiking way overheat and rooting itself in place this turn, they're going to get there in time!

The choice to go for the "bait" warhammer was a cointoss, but I still think it was OK in the end. Especially if the Thunderbolt hadn't eaten a headcapper on what, turn 2? you'd still be in a really solid position with two jumping mechs to pick off stragglers and help block Aces. As is Carlos has that very weak head and right rear torso, but is fine armor wise other than that.

They're doing good!

e: lol post sniped by PTN.

Doubleedit: Okkkk maybe not so good, especially now that Carlos is down an MP.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Things still look a bit hairy, but nowhere near as bad as they could have been.

At first glance I think I'm going to move up to 1720. My firing options aren't great but I can at least put pressure on the newly hobbled Zhang Fei and any other Project Phoenix units who think they can just circle around.

• Locked thread