Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

"I fire weapon A, B, C at primary target, X, Y, Z at secondary. If primary target is dead, [contingency]"

I basically stop reading orders the moment I hit a contingency that can't happen. If you put a primary order afterwards I'm pretty well guaranteed to miss it.

The thread can tell me if that makes me an rear end in a top hat or not. I've got another migraine today and it's making it hard to function. I'll see what I can do to correct this if you try to make your orders a bit more concise, deal?

I don't think it makes you an rear end in a top hat, for what that's worth, PTN.

Trying to parse several different sets of orders, all of which use different formatting, has got to be a tremendous pain in the rear end. I would, personally, advise all players to err on the side of clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

The thread can tell me if that makes me an rear end in a top hat or not. I've got another migraine today and it's making it hard to function. I'll see what I can do to correct this if you try to make your orders a bit more concise, deal?

Sorry. I thought your bit about yelling at people to make sure to declare primary targets was aimed at me, so I was extra careful to seperate out Primary and Secondary.

I set up my entire last turn to dump a potential 56 damage into someone's rear armor(on 5's, no less!) and not seeing that not happen is really disappointing.

I'm not mad, but I am vastly amused this comes on the heels of talking about GM fairness and hey whoops where did all my guns go.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 7, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't envy PTN's job in times like these.

Rolls down to the wire but there's still room for error in interpreting player orders.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

Sorry. I thought your big about yelling at people to make sure to declare primary targets was aimed at me

No, that's just a general thing people need to be doing.

It helps prevent situations like this turn, where the BattleMaster's orders to shoot at "anything that moves into line of sight" prevented it from shooting at Bai Hu (which moved beforehand) and could've meant it would've fired at nothing at all if I'd chosen to keep my ACE units out of its line-of-sight.

Edit: I kinda feel compelled to reverse metagame in situations like that, putting my ACE units in potentially bad spots so a player won't be upset they did nothing at all. Top GM manipulation strat revealed. In all seriousness, if this were ever to become a problem--if a player adamantly refused to give me a primary target for long enough and I'd probably call up an alternate to send back-up orders. I'm profoundly grateful to everyone who's played with me over the past 4-5 years that I've never, ever been forced to even considered that eventuality before now. :shobon:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 7, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I don't think it makes you an rear end in a top hat, for what that's worth, PTN.

Trying to parse several different sets of orders, all of which use different formatting, has got to be a tremendous pain in the rear end. I would, personally, advise all players to err on the side of clarity.

Yeah, running this giant robot fightan game for all us internet folks for all these years is hard enough, no need to beat yourself up over misinterpreting orders too.

TheParadigm posted:

uh, dude, you forgot to fire all the rest of my weapons. I'm glad the ersmall plan worked, but the hll+2 LRM's still hit the grey marauder on 5's, even as a secondary splitfire target.

TheParadigm posted:

Right. The Er was going at one target unless it was dead, in which case 4 weapons were going at the splitfire target instead of 3 - it was worded that way because holepunch before missile.

The marauder was my Secondary Target(+1 if in front arc, which it is, if i remember correctly) not my contingent if-then acey-things orders. The big guns should have fired no matter what. I mean, poo poo man, if I confirmed splitfire, where's the splitfire?

The swag kill is ace, but roll them bones and see if I can't get two.

PoptartsNinja posted:

TheParadigm posted:

I set up my entire last turn to dump a potential 56 damage into someone's rear armor(on 5's, no less!) and not seeing that not happen is really disappointing.

I'm not mad, but I am vastly amused this comes on the heels of talking about GM fairness and hey whoops where did all my guns go.
Welp, at least some more fire is gonna be coming from you when PTN corrects this. Zhang Fei probably going down due to these extra shots, I hope. Will probably prevent Caesar from making another Assault Mace kill if he's taken off the board this turn, but if he isn't down from this new fusillade, the Mace should be able to end him. Too bad Guan Yu is still an ace for this next turn, otherwise, Caesar would be able to Mace him if Zhang Fei is knocked out after this.

PoptartsNinja posted:

It helps prevent situations like this turn, where the BattleMaster's orders to shoot at "anything that moves into line of sight" prevented it from shooting at Bai Hu (which moved beforehand) and could've meant it would've fired at nothing at all if I'd chosen to keep my ACE units out of its line-of-sight.

That looks to be some pretty poor order crafting, from what I'm seeing here. Designating clear primary targets would've probably led to Bai Hu going down this turn as well, or at least heavily damaged. Not much to be done about it now, I guess. Guess Ace units throw people new to the game off when writing orders and such.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 7, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Anyway, deal.

As for this turn: Of the Pillager and green Marauder, which do we think is the bigger problem?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
100% the Pillager!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

Anyway, deal.

Already fixed, although as a warning I used an online dice roller since my dice have been put back in their unholy crucible to rest feed on the tears of the damned and I'm too lazy to go get them disturbing them again would likely cause giant babies to rain down from the sky amidst clouds of blood whilst a very quiet man glowers angrily.

Online / electronic rollers are nearly always streaky. I'm not a fan. :shrug:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Already fixed, although as a warning I used an online dice roller since my dice have been put back in their unholy crucible to rest feed on the tears of the damned and I'm too lazy to go get them disturbing them again would likely cause giant babies to rain down from the sky amidst clouds of blood whilst a very quiet man glowers angrily.

Yeah, that was a pretty poor set of rolls there, but it is what it is. Oh well. At least they simulate your dice's hate for GoonTeam here well enough.

TheParadigm posted:

As for this turn: Of the Pillager and green Marauder, which do we think is the bigger problem?

Gwaihir posted:

100% the Pillager!

Yeah, this. Liu Bei is definitely a bigger threat than Guan Yu, especially with the position its in right now, especially with those dual Gauss Rifles... Both are Aces, but it seems like the Pillager has a lot more firepower to bring in the coming turn, and therefore the bigger threat. Guan Yu can block this next turn, but that's about it.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 7, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

GhostStalker posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty poor set of rolls there, but it is what it is. Oh well. At least they simulate your dice's hate for GoonTeam here well enough.

Random.org or bust.

That is hella lame but equal amounts of battletech. I feel cheated twice over one turn. Poptart's dice owe me one next time around.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hah, I take it you're not a programmer, either. Or a statistician?

Random numbers that are genuinely random, are streaky. A random series that doesn't contain streaks isn't actually random.

That said, I'd be willing to bet a substantial sum of money that any non-joke online number generator - Orokos, say - is provably exactly as random as a fishing tackle box full of D6es. You may read about how "computers can't actually generate truly random numbers" but that's guff, because there are numerous available "sources of randomness" these days, and writing a program that makes use of one is both trivial and an understood and solved "introduction to basic programming 101" student project level problem.

(I'm not trying to bust your balls here, PTN, it's just... I can't... I can't let things like this goooo, it's me, I have the problem.)

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Well, with that handled, my turn seems fairly straightforward. I'm probably walking to 1511 and alpha striking the pillager. Walking lets me overheat to 13, one shy of an ammo explosion.

I'm assuming Steiner is going to 1513 to hammertime the redstripe. Someone at 1412 would force the green one towards the battlemaster(there's no way its going to 1514). If you want company, I can make it to 1514 running.

Baudin, it looks like we're both walking again and 1511 has good sight of the battlefield. If you want sight on the pillager ACE, greenmarauder ACE, or redstripe(not an ace), let me know.
Redstripe would be rear shots on 8's again. Shy of short range by 1 hex - I think you have 7's on the hawk right now. A run to 1219 would bring the range to short for a net -1, while still letting you throw medium lasers at something - likely the green marauder at short range if it runs up after carlos.

Edits: Carlos, I'm assuming you're going to 1317 and putting your back to a wall since 1218 exposes your back. Consider the alternative: instead of turning to face 1318 with your final MP, you could face 1416 instead. This sets you up to Reverse your way into a fighting retreat next turn, presenting your front armor. You're also the only other LRM equipped battlemech, so indirect is an option for you - you'd also have rear shot LRMS on 8's via indirect. Minimum range of 6 is a thing for your non-clan lrms.

You'd lose move mods for next turn doing this (walking reverse to 1218), but you'd have front armor and your x-pulses in play again, plus the battlemaster ahead of you.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 7, 2016

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
All those crits on Golden Boy. Beautiful. :getin:

Destroyed mechs count as rough terrain, right? That might limit my movement options seeing as how there are two of 'em right in my way.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Morgan Kell is everyone's spirit animal

Everyone's spirit animal is a horse?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Regardless how well (or poorly) this turn went, at least vengeance was justly served. :squawk:

Also that face... :stare: That face is very familiar and I have never read a Battletech book. I swear I've seen a face like that before. Probably in a gamebook?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BT often cribs from real people. Pictures of Hanse Davion are basically just traced images of William Shatner, for instance. In this case, they took a picture of Frank Zappa and stretched it to be about 30% taller.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pooncha posted:

Also that face... :stare: That face is very familiar and I have never read a Battletech book.

He's Mel Gibson (not serious, Mel hadn't grown a beard when that art was made).

And hey, Jaime Wolf is Sean Connery from The Hunt for Red October, so Morgan Kell can be a Hollywood Actor too.

Leperflesh posted:

Random numbers that are genuinely random, are streaky. A random series that doesn't contain streaks isn't actually random.

I know. Give me my nice, ever-so-slightly-yet-accidentally-weighted plastic random number generators that I pull out and reorder every update so I can never really predict which chambers are accidentally weighted which way. :v:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 7, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

I know. Give me my nice, ever-so-slightly-yet-accidentally-weighted plastic random number generators that I pull out and reorder every update so I can never really predict which chambers are accidentally weighted which way. :v:

Your online roller is so awful that you should use it for that mission of only bottom-of-the-barrel & random ammo explosion 3025 mechs just so the dice are as lame as the designs.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

And hey, Jaime Wolf is Sean Connery from The Hunt for Red October, so Morgan Kell can be a Hollywood Actor too.

Also, Anastasius Focht is Bruce Willis, Severen Leroux is Patrick Stewart, Naomi Centrella is Zoe Saldana, Ulric Kerensky is Errol Flynn, Thomas Marik is Sylvester Stallone, Tormano Liao is Jackie Chan, Grayson Death Carlyle is Owen Wilson, Barbara Sennett is Claudia Grant from Robotech, Katya Kerensky is Amy Poehler, Cameron St. Jamais is Mirror Spock and Minoru Kurita is basically just an anti-Japanese propaganda cartoon from World War II come to life.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Everyone's spirit animal is a horse?

It's the face of that one villain from that old DOS game with the flying invading eyeballs. Manhunter, I think it was called.

In like Zinn
Jan 3, 2010

You'll notice from the bodies where the squaddies have been.

Also, Anastasius Focht is Bruce Willis, Severen Leroux is Patrick Stewart, Naomi Centrella is Zoe Saldana, Ulric Kerensky is Errol Flynn, Thomas Marik is Sylvester Stallone, Tormano Liao is Jackie Chan, Grayson Death Carlyle is Owen Wilson, Barbara Sennett is Claudia Grant from Robotech, Katya Kerensky is Amy Poehler, Cameron St. Jamais is Mirror Spock and Minoru Kurita is basically just an anti-Japanese propaganda cartoon from World War II come to life.

And Leo Showers is Ludvig Borga in blackface.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
Well, that turn went better than expected. I was expecting to at least lose one of my ERLLs. It also looks like most of the remaining dangerous enemies have lost interest in me. :toot: Albeit I'm keeping a close eye on Liu Bei, I just know he's planning something.

Anyway, thinking of running down to 1514 and walloping Zhang Fei. Is that a dumb move likely to just get me killed?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

TheParadigm posted:

Edits: Carlos, I'm assuming you're going to 1317 and putting your back to a wall since 1218 exposes your back. Consider the alternative: instead of turning to face 1318 with your final MP, you could face 1416 instead. This sets you up to Reverse your way into a fighting retreat next turn, presenting your front armor. You're also the only other LRM equipped battlemech, so indirect is an option for you - you'd also have rear shot LRMS on 8's via indirect. Minimum range of 6 is a thing for your non-clan lrms.

You'd lose move mods for next turn doing this (walking reverse to 1218), but you'd have front armor and your x-pulses in play again, plus the battlemaster ahead of you.

That's not an option for me...the Bai Hu Shadowhawk is blocking me.

I'll be moving to 1116, and either facing 1216 or 1215. 1216 shields my arm, but with the green Marauder being ACE, eating the running move mod could be worth protecting by bad leg form a kick just a tad.

Would it be worth it for the Battlemaster to charge the Bai Hu? If the ACE Marauder ends up in 1215, it could domino him right into the water.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 7, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Soup Inspector posted:

Well, that turn went better than expected. I was expecting to at least lose one of my ERLLs. It also looks like most of the remaining dangerous enemies have lost interest in me. :toot: Albeit I'm keeping a close eye on Liu Bei, I just know he's planning something.

Anyway, thinking of running down to 1514 and walloping Zhang Fei. Is that a dumb move likely to just get me killed?

No, I think that's a fine move. You can take 1514, shoot and kick, Caesar can take 1513, shoot and ASSAULT MACE, grey should fall over dead as a doornail.

TheParadigm posted:

Well, with that handled, my turn seems fairly straightforward. I'm probably walking to 1511 and alpha striking the pillager. Walking lets me overheat to 13, one shy of an ammo explosion.

I'm assuming Steiner is going to 1513 to hammertime the redstripe. Someone at 1412 would force the green one towards the battlemaster(there's no way its going to 1514). If you want company, I can make it to 1514 running.

Baudin, it looks like we're both walking again and 1511 has good sight of the battlefield. If you want sight on the pillager ACE, greenmarauder ACE, or redstripe(not an ace), let me know.
Redstripe would be rear shots on 8's again. Shy of short range by 1 hex - I think you have 7's on the hawk right now. A run to 1219 would bring the range to short for a net -1, while still letting you throw medium lasers at something - likely the green marauder at short range if it runs up after carlos.

Don't go all the way to 1511 imo- You can ignore smoke entirely, but no one else can. You could stay in 1712 and no one else would be able to shoot you from across the river. The Pillager would have to jump to the 16 line in order to break your LoS, and in doing so it would add a lot of smoke penalties to it's own shots on any goon units. You could even hedge by moving to 1611 where SoupInspector is standing now, that way anything shooting you is getting a +2 minimum. Smoke is your best friend since your armor is in much less than stellar shape.

e: So, crazy thought time, aka doubling down on KILL THEM ALL: Carlos stays in his current hex, maybe just pivoting one MP to face 1214. Yea, he's guaranteed to take fire from the Green Marauder and almost certainly the Pillager, but it protects his weak leg, and means that the White Shadowhawk can't shoot at him while the Archer and Battlemaster hopefully pound it in to scrap.
Meanwhile, this blocks the Green Marauder from moving further south. At best, it could enter the water in 1214. Either way, it remains a guaranteed good target for the Carlos and the King Cobra's weapons, and it certainly won't have a movement mod.
The following two turns will be a total bloodbath, but well, it should be spectacular!

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 7, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hold off on your orders, guys.

I'm going to be redoing the entire turn from the shooting phase on.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 7, 2016

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
That's a shame.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 7, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I've annulled turns before, this is no big deal.

It's probably what I should've done from the outset, especially since I flat-out forgot about ECM and on reviewing the map I have no ACE units this turn.

Plus, I keep a back-up of the previous turn's armor values, just in case. :shobon:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 7, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
for my unasked two cents on the order parsing you parsed it correctly. I didn't break out my grammar 101 to absolutely construct the sentence but to me it's fairy clear that as-written you interpreted it correctly. :shrug:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Whoops. I already sent my order. Ah well, I'll re-send them when the time comes. Still sorry for the fuckup.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

VolticSurge posted:

Whoops. I already sent my order. Ah well, I'll re-send them when the time comes. Still sorry for the fuckup.

It was my gently caress-up anyway, don't worry about it. :)

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PoptartsNinja posted:

It was my gently caress-up anyway, don't worry about it. :)

I meant my lovely orders from last turn. I bet my noob is showing,huh?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

VolticSurge posted:

I meant my lovely orders from last turn. I bet my noob is showing,huh?

Nah, that's alright too man. It's why I gave you the toughest thing on the battlefield.

That's not actually true, I just assign people to `Mechs in order and you got really lucky.

Want to fire that second ER PPC instead of those pulse lasers?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

In like Zinn posted:

And Leo Showers is Ludvig Borga in blackface.

Is that who that is? I kind of thought he was an NFL lineman I wasn't familiar with.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Is that who that is? I kind of thought he was an NFL lineman I wasn't familiar with.

The old one, yeah.

The younger one is Roman Reigns.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 7, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rise of the Phoenix: Tactical Update 9

[no fluff]

Movement Phase
Guillotine
- Stands carefully (4 base - 2 careful stand = 2): rolled 10, succeeds!

King Cobra
- Activates MASC!

Timber Wolf
- Activates CNI

Shooting Phase
Timber Wolf H
- Spots Warhammer Golden Boy for Archer!

Grand Titan (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1214!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (0/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (12/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (13/19 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 38 heat, sinks 34!

Guillotine (Player)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (14/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (10/16 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (9/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 6): rolled 7, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (20/24 armor remaining), Center Torso (19/35 armor remaining), Center Torso (17/35 armor remaining), Right Torso (18/24 armor remaining), Right Leg (/ armor remaining), Right Arm (14/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 28!

Gallowglas (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2214!
- Fires ER PPC at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 smoke = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (12/22 structure remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 smoke = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 3 smoke = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 36!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Pillager (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/31 armor, 16/21 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Pillager (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 42!

Archer (Player)
- Fires LRM/20 w/Artemis IV indirectly at Warhammer Golden Boy (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 indirect fire + 1 spotter movement + 1 spotter firing = 8): rolled 9, 12 missiles hit Rear Right Torso (3/8 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining), Left Leg (6/15 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires LRM/20 w/Artemis IV indirectly at Warhammer Golden Boy (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 indirect fire + 1 spotter movement + 1 spotter firing = 8): rolled 9, 16 missiles hit Rear Right Torso (0/8 armor, 13/15 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (1/15 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (0/21 armor, 10/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (5/11 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 20!

Wolverine II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1111
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Pillager (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (15/33 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

King Cobra (Player)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke + 1 minimum range - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Torso (1/21 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (0/21 armor, 11/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 7): rolled 10, 6 missiles hit Left Torso (9/15 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (3/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (7/15 armor remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (10/22 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (9/20 structure remaining), Right Arm (1/11 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke = 7): rolled 3, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Flamer at Warhammer Golden Boy (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 smoke - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 26!

Timber Wolf H (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1712!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Warhammer Golden Boy (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 spotting = 4): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (0/21 armor, 9/15 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Heavy Large Laser at Marauder Zhang Fei (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 spotting + 1 secondary target = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (0/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Marauder Zhang Fei (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 spotting + 1 secondary target = 5): rolled 8, 12 missiles hit Right Arm (7/12 structure remaining (Crit!)), Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (6/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Marauder Zhang Fei (2 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 spotting + 1 secondary target = 5): rolled 6, 12 missiles hit Rear Center Torso (6/11 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (1/8 armor remaining), Right Arm (7/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 36!

Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (White)
- Fires Heavy PPC at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (1/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, miss!

Warhammer Gong Gong (Black and Orange)
- Holds fire!

Warhammer Golden Boy (Gold)
- Fires eER PPC at Timber Wolf H (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 heat - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Timber Wolf H (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 heat - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Torso (10/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Timber Wolf H (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 heat - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Timber Wolf H (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 heat - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (14/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Timber Wolf H (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 heat - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 4, miss!

Shadow Hawk Qing Long (Blue)
- Holds fire!

Marauder Guan Yu (Green ACE!)
- Fires Large VSPL at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 4): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (13/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large VSPL at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 4): rolled 4, hit Right Arm (2/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Grand Titan (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/29 armor, 11/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Overheating!

Marauder Zhang Fei (Silver and Red ACE!)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1512!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Guillotine (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 5): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (0/15 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (15/19 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Guillotine (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 5): rolled 8, hit Right Arm!
- - Damage transfers to Center Torso (7/29 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 (HE) at Guillotine (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 5): rolled 9, 9 missiles hit Center Torso (2/29 armor remaining), Left Arm (/ armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 (HE) at Guillotine (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke = 5): rolled 7, 9 missiles hit Left Leg (/ armor remaining), Center Torso (0/29 armor, 19/22 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- Overheating!

Pillager Liu Bei (Red and Gold ACE!)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Wolverine II (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, hit Rear Left Torso (0/6 armor, 4/13 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Wolverine II (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 12, hit Right Leg (11/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wolverine II (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wolverine II (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wolverine II (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (4/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Wolverine II (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear Center Torso (2/9 armor remaining)!

End Phase
Marauder Zhang Fei
- Critical chance in Left Leg! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Lower leg actuator hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 2 actuator damage + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 6, succeeds!

Pillager
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Warhammer Golden Boy
- Critical chance in Left Leg! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Targeting computer destroyed!
- Critical chance in Left Leg! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Upper leg actuator hit!
- - Lower leg actuator hit!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - eER PPC damaged!
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - ER Medium Laser damaged!
- - XL Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - VNC3 hit!
- - Gyro hit!
- - XL Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 1 critical hits sustained!
- - Targeting computer hit!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! 2 critical hits sustained!
- - eER PPC destroyed!
- - eER PPC hit!
- Critical chance in Left Torso! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - ER Medium Laser damaged!
- - Targeting computer hit!
- - XL Engine destroyed! `Mech destroyed!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - XL Engine hit!
- Critical chance in Right Arm! 3 critical hits sustained!
- - Shoulder actuator hit!
- - eER PPC hit!
- - Upper arm actuator hit!
- Critical chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right arm! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - eER PPC hit!

Grand Titan
- Critical chance in Right Arm! No critical hits sustained!

Guillotine
- Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Wolverine II
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained!

Physical Combat Phase:
Guillotine
- Kicks Marauder Zhang Fei (3 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 3): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (1/16 structure remaining)! Crit!

Wolverine II
- Kicks Shadow Hawk Bai Hu (3 base + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 kick = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (10/26 armor remaining)!

End Phase:
Marauder Zhang Fei
- Critical chance in Right Leg! No critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 2 actuator damage + 0 kicked = 5): rolled 11, succeeds!

Shadow Hawk Bai Hu
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 0 kicked = 3): rolled 6, succeeds!

Turn End Phase:
OpForce
- Shuffle VNC3 Networks!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules:
Glare – Any unit standing above level 0 suffers a -2 penalty due to intense sunlight reflecting off the local rocks. All units attacking a unit standing above level 0 suffer a -1 penalty due to intense sunlight reflecting off the target unit. These penalties stack.

Mission Objective:
- Break Through (0/1)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 7, 2016

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Isn't there a crit not rolled after the guillotine kicks the marauder?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SIGSEGV posted:

Isn't there a crit not rolled after the guillotine kicks the marauder?

Yes. Fixed.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
We lose half the guillotine, but on the whole that went even better for GoonstarlancevelII. With the Pillager breached and the Marauder a gnat's sneeze from losing that leg, we can press the advantage and go for the throat. Getting a C3 net into knife fighting range like this is generally a good way to minimise its effectiveness. Good luck!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
BLOOD FOR THE DICE GODS! :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Next turn is probably going to be the last for that Guillotine unless it can pull off some spectacular luck in shot placement like that Wolfhound on Somerset. Move to point blank and open up on one of these guys with an open hole in their armor. I'd recommend the pillager; you've got a good chance to get a laser or two in that.

• Locked thread