Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Jason Youngblood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Lenisto posted:

Oh no no no! Now that I've got something on the line these foreshadowing posts are much more worrying!

Look don't worry. I'm sure that the allied aerospace didn't just get shot down and careened out of control directly into the Atlas's head.

Edit: or my head. I forgot I am also an assult.

Shinarato fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 28, 2016

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Shinarato posted:

Look don't worry. I'm sure that the allied aerospace didn't just get shot down and careened out of control directly into the Atlas's head.

Yeah, since the rear end of the Atlas is so fat it's in the direct path to the head. Lucky Atlas.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
NO I DON'T WANT TO BE HEADSHOT AGAIN :stonk:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Pooncha posted:

Maybe we should put you in every game to deny the enemy Edge! :getin:

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Artificer posted:

Maybe we should put you in every game to deny the enemy Edge! :getin:

Pooncha: the unofficial anti-rabbits foot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Heads have indeed been shot

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Good luck next mission, Pooncha!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Visigoth got hit, loses control, crashes right into the Atlas' head. :getin:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kitfox W shot me in the face with one of his LPLs and got a cockpit crit.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Perestroika posted:

Visigoth got hit, loses control, crashes right into the Atlas' head. :getin:

Yo Atlas so fat it exerts enough gravity to pull a Visigoth into a terminal trajectory

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Pooncha posted:

You died, you lived, you died again! Witness!

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

Pooncha posted:

You can be like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow (or whatever they're calling it now), get one turn further in every mission.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Heads have indeed been shot

This loss of toilet facilities will be a fatal blow to morale.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009

GenericServices posted:

You can be like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow (or whatever they're calling it now), get one turn further in every mission.

'All you need is headcap'?

Here's hoping for Embarrassingly Named Mercenaries: Mission 2 - Scrapheap Challenge.

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010
Let's Play! › Lets All Play Battletech and rewrite Pooncha into every mission

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Some fates are just too cruel for the poonchas of the world.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Auxilia: Tactical Update 3

Captain Pradhan cocked his fighter up on one wing, and without a word to his wingman rolled into a steep dive towards one of the innumerable Clan “gun-boxes.” The description was an apt one for most of the machines he’d seen, but from above his target looked like nothing more than a white square with arms. He bracketed it, his heavy PPCs striking in front and behind. The `MechWarrior, not anticipating an aerial attack, brought his machine to a confused halt.

Pankaj’s Gauss Rifle struck the front edge of the white square. It’d been a calculated risk, if he’d taken a shallower angle he could’ve caught the medium-weight BattleMech from behind. But from above, the odds were on his side. The Gunbox toppled and fell, arms limp. It made no effort to catch itself, and the dark-skinned pilot spared a moment for a smile as he pulled back on his control joystick. G-forces pushed him back into his command couch, but the Striga’s aerodynamics were nearly as good as its first-rate thrust vectoring. They could easily outmaneuver slightly faster Clan fighters, even if the damned Stuka/Corsairs that had been tailgating for the past forty seconds hadn’t had any issues keeping up.

“I’m giving you credit for that one, Demon Hawks,” Pankaj waved as he flew by, barely twenty meters over the Atlas’s head. He’d just be a blur to them, but maybe someone quick would catch it.

“You sure?” the gruff-sounding mercenary Atlas pilot asked in passing.

“You set them up, and I get paid the same either way—” anything else he might’ve said was interrupted as a close burst of flak tore into the Striga’s engines. His hands caught control surfaces, flipping buttons as he vectored his engines in the hope that the enemy fighter wouldn’t destroy them. His machine shuddered but held together.

“I lost a heat sink,” his wingman bitched but her tone was more amused than angry, “but the enemy flight leader’s on a ballistic trajectory. I think one of the ground-pounders actually hit him!”

“Go vertical,” Pradhan ordered. “Let’s see if we can get a few hundred meters of extra atmosphere under our wings before the Clanner gets his bird back under control.”

Movement Phase
Atlas (Player)
- Attempts to enter hex 1014, but has insufficient MP! Movement ends in 1013!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Attempts to enter hex 0714, but has insufficient MP! Movement ends in 0713!

Shooting Phase
Striga Flight Leader (Allied)
- Initiates a Strike Attack against Ice Ferret C (Altitude reduced from 2 to 1)
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Ice Ferret C (3 base + 2 strike + 4 target movement + 0 damage = 9): rolled 9, hit Head (0/9 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires Heavy PPC at Ice Ferret C (3 base + 2 strike + 4 target movement + 0 damage = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Heavy PPC at Ice Ferret C (3 base + 2 strike + 4 target movement + 0 damage = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 30!

Striga Wingman (Allied)
- Initiates a Strafing Run from altitude 2, attacking hexes 0722 to 1120!
- Fires ER PPC at Pouncer C (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (2/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER PPC at Pouncer C (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Pouncer C (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Pouncer C (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Pouncer C (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Kit Fox Prime (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/7 armor, 2/5 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER PPC at Kit Fox Prime (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Kit Fox Prime (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Kit Fox Prime (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Kit Fox Prime (3 base + 4 strafing + 3 target movement + 0 damage - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Gains 40 heat, sinks 48!

Atlas (Player)
- Primary target Ice Ferret C already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 30!

Hunchback (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1010!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Single) at Visigoth, but due to altitude the target is out of range (22 hexes)!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Single) at Visigoth, but due to altitude the target is out of range (22 hexes)!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Sunfire (Player)
- Invalid target (no enemy `Mech in hex 0627)!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 38!

Anvil (Player)
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Tempest (Player)

Awesome (Player)
- Fires PPC at Kit Fox S (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 9, Left Torso (0/8 armor, 5/7 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires PPC at Kit Fox S (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires PPC at Kit Fox S (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (0/9 armor, 9/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 31 heat, sinks 38!

Dragoon II (Player)
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Flak) at Visigoth, but due to altitude the target is out of range (20 hexes)!
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon (Flak) at Visigoth, but due to altitude the target is out of range (20 hexes)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Visigoth (4 base + 4 range + 1 aerial target + 1 attacking nose - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Visigoth (4 base + 4 range + 1 aerial target + 1 attacking nose - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 26!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Komodo (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 24!

Osprey (Player)
- Primary target does not meet criteria (tip: aerospace fighters will probably always be more than 6 hexes away)!
- Secondary target Ice Ferret C already destroyed!

Enfield (Player)
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon at Visigoth (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 1 front arc - 1 cluster - 2 flak attack = 9): rolled 10, 6 submunitions hit Nose (64/65 armor remaining), Nose (63/65 armor remaining), Nose (62/65 armor remaining), Nose (61/65 armor remaining), Nose (60/65 armor remaining), Nose (59/65 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large Laser at Visigoth but the target is out of range (17 hexes)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Visigoth but the target is out of range (17 hexes)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Visigoth but the target is out of range (17 hexes)!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 22!

Po (Player)
- Fires Large Laser at Visigoth, but due to altitude the target is out of range (24 hexes)!
- Fires Large Laser at Visigoth, but due to altitude the target is out of range (24 hexes)!

Locust “Pulsar” (Player)
- Holds fire!

Locust “Bane” (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 10!

Revenant Patroller (Allied)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Kit Fox C (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Kit Fox C (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Kit Fox C (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (0/7 armor, 1/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Kit Fox C (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (0/6 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Light Machine Gun at Kit Fox C (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Light Machine Gun at Kit Fox C (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (2/8 armor remaining)!

Revenant Interceptor (Allied)
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Viper C (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Viper C (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Viper C (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Viper C (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Light Machine Gun at Viper C (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Light Machine Gun at Viper C (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement = 12): rolled 6, miss!

Kit Fox C
- Fires ER Large Laser at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 12, hits Left Torso (0/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Center Torso (9/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Machine Gun at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Machine Gun at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hits Left Rear Leg (9/11 armor remaining)!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Viper C
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2344!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Interceptor (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, hit Left Torso (3/10 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Interceptor (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 20!

Pouncer C
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Kit Fox S
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 11, hit Left Arm (16/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Awesome (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (18/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Awesome (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 4, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Kit Fox W
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Tempest (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (8/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Tempest (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Tempest (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Kit Fox Prime
- Holds fire!

Ice Ferret C
- Fires LB 2-X Autocannon (Slug) at Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (30/32 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Atlas (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Atlas (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (27/34 armor remaining)!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 24!

Visigoth Point Commander
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading - 1 Proximity Flak = 6): rolled 12, hit Aft 7 (60/70 armor remaining)! Lucky Crit! Threshold Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 9, hit Aft 7 (53/70 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Aft (48/70 armor remaining), Aft (45/70 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Aft (42/70 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Striga Flight Lead (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Aft (39/70 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 37!

Visigoth Wingman
- Fires LB 10-X Autocannon at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading - 1 Proximity Flak = 6): rolled 11, hit Aft 8 (60/70 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Wing 9 (69/76 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 8, hit Aft 11 (53/70 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 6, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading = 7): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Aft 3 (48/70 armor remaining), Right Wing 4 (73/76 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Striga Wingman (4 base + 0 range + 0 attacking aft + 3 target evading - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 7, hit Aft (45/70 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 37!

End Phase
Kit Fox Prime
- Critical chance in Left Arm! No critical hit sustained!

Kit Fox S
- Critical chance in Left Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Critical chance in Center Torso! 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Engine hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 8, succeeds!

Kit Fox C
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 5, succeeds!

Visigoth
- Must pass a control roll (5 base - 1 fighter = 4): rolled 3, fails!

Striga Flight Lead
- Lucky crit in aft! No critical hit sustained!
- Threshold crit in aft! No critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a control roll (4 base + 1 20+ damage taken - 1 fighter = 4): rolled 8, succeeds!

Striga Wingman
- Threshold crit in aft! Heat sink hit!
- Must pass a control roll (4 base + 1 20+ damage taken - 1 fighter = 4) : rolled 4, succeeds!

Player Status:
Demon Lance

Hawk Lance

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
- Defend the Convoy (5/5)
- Assist Allied Forces
- Drive off the Clans (0/?)
- Bounty Collected: 2,000,000 c-bills (3,000,000 goods)
- - Light: 0
- - Medium: 1
- - Heavy: 0
- - Assault: 0

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 29, 2016

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
My orders were to fire on the mech that was in 0627 in the last map update since I wasn't 100% on which mech it was given that there are multiple Kit Foxes. I'm not sure how that got misinterpreted as me targeting only one hex.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo did they knock that goth out??

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fuckin' :rip: that Ice Ferret, dang.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

ArbitraryTA posted:

My orders were to fire on the mech that was in 0627 in the last map update since I wasn't 100% on which mech it was given that there are multiple Kit Foxes. I'm not sure how that got misinterpreted as me targeting only one hex.

You didn't have line of sight to that one post-movement. :shrug:

You didn't have line of sight to any of the others either, so it all works out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, in this update we see the value of specifying secondary targeting options in case your primary target is already blowed up.

Also,

ArbitraryTA posted:

Why not just specify the hex that that Kit Fox was in, though?

PTN, can the players give a conditional order like "Shoot at the Visigoth, unless it's out of my range, in which case, shoot at <specific enemy mech> instead"? Otherwise it's just a total guess whether you're wasting a whole turn of shooting targeting one of the fighters.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I realize in retrospect that I misread the maps and didn't notice the Enemy Movement map until now despite following this thread for ages and am a big dumb idiot :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

PTN, can the players give a conditional order like "Shoot at the Visigoth, unless it's out of my range, in which case, shoot at <specific enemy mech> instead"?

Absolutely

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
What a bad rear end way to open the first(?) Aerospace action up in the thread!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So the clan light star is getting shredded, they have already taken a deal of damage from the players and the headcap is just pure insult and injury combined.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Ice Ferret's dead, the Kit Fox has all its useful weapons shot off, and you even nicked one of the Visigoths! Good round, gang!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

AJ_Impy posted:

Those are some tasty fighters, strafing with Hppcs and tarcomped ERPPCs will be fun to watch.

Called it. :D

Between the Star Captain losing control and a star commander losing his head, the opposition are rapidly running out of leadership. Good going, gooncenaries!

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014
Not that it makes a difference, but any reason why my LPL's didn't fire against the Visigoth. 20 hexes is their max range... Unless I am missing something here.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
Moving to 0517, wrecking the poo poo out of that Pouncer if anyone wants to jump in.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Otter Madness posted:

Not that it makes a difference, but any reason why my LPL's didn't fire against the Visigoth. 20 hexes is their max range... Unless I am missing something here.

I missed them.

It's fixed (you missed :saddowns: ).

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 29, 2016

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

I missed them.

No harm, no foul, no worries at all. Thanks.

Edit: of course I miss lol.

Otter Madness fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 29, 2016

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Was it mentioned earlier why Ruben (the pilot of the Kitfox C) is a 4/5 and not a 3/4 pilot? Is he a Freeborn or Inner Sphere pilot?

Also good lord this mission promises to be a bloodbath.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Was it mentioned earlier why Ruben (the pilot of the Kitfox C) is a 4/5 and not a 3/4 pilot? Is he a Freeborn or Inner Sphere pilot?

Also good lord this mission promises to be a bloodbath.

Just like Clanners to stick the crappiest pilot in the silly ECM/Utility/AMS mech!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Robot dogs live on. Good job.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

A good start! Keep it up, guys!

Remember the backup targets next time but still a good start. :)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

ArbitraryTA posted:

I realize in retrospect that I misread the maps and didn't notice the Enemy Movement map until now despite following this thread for ages and am a big dumb idiot :v:

But that's the one that tells you where the enemy is! :aaaaa:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

But that's the one that tells you where the enemy is! :aaaaa:

PTN, the ENEMY commander asked the Flight Leader "You sure?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
So my present plan is either walk to 1615 and shoot at Kit Fox S again for... I think 8's? That's in my torso twist range, if I recall, to hit that guy

• Locked thread