Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I love that a galaxy can be anywhere from 40-750 points. So you guys have taken out anywhere from a fourth of a galaxy to a seventy fifth of one.

Which Clan are we fighting again?

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's not that surprising. Most military formations are of a pretty vague size.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah sure, but we're talking about a potential order of magnitude in difference here, which is funny to me.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

paragon1 posted:

I love that a galaxy can be anywhere from 40-750 points. So you guys have taken out anywhere from a fourth of a galaxy to a seventy fifth of one.

Which Clan are we fighting again?

Snow Raven is one of them. A very small contingent of Ghost Bears, and I forget the third group.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Snow Raven is one of them. A very small contingent of Ghost Bears, and I forget the third group.

Sea Fox, AKA Diamond Shark in the other setting.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's both more and less extreme than that.

The smallest possible Galaxy consists of nothing but Binaries of two `Mech stars, so groups of 10 `Mechs. A minimum-sized Cluster is three Binaries, which is 30 `Mechs, and a minimum-sized Galaxy is three Clusters. Which puts the total at 90 `Mechs, not counting the command star/binary/trinary (we'll say star, putting us at 95 `Mechs)

The largest small Clan formation is the Supernova: a binary or trinary of Novas (a nova is a star of `Mechs and a star of Elementals as a single combined-arms force).

So a full Supernova is the equivalent of 30 `Mechs (15 `Mechs and 75 elementals), a full-sized Cluster contains five of these so an equivalent of 150 `Mechs (75 `Mechs and 375 Elementals), while a full-sized Galaxy contains 5 clusters or the equivalent of 750 `Mechs (375 `Mechs, 1,875 Elementals) with an additional Command Supernova pushing that up to 780 (390 / 1,950).

Most Galaxies hover right around 500 `Mechs worth of effectives (in the form of Elementals, Aerospace Fighters, and actual `Mechs) due to combat losses and attrition. Some of the poorer Clans (like the Fire Mandrils) or those who have harsher training practices (mostly the Steel Vipers) have less.

Edit: Oh, forgot one thing! The Clan's Khan and saKhan have a Keshik, which is basically a group of personal bodyguards, which is always a maximum-strength Cluster (not necessarily of Supernovas, but in this case we're assuming it is). These Keshiks are attached to a Clan's Alpha and Beta galaxy, for the Khan and saKhan respectively, so an actual maximum-sized galaxy would include one of those.

The final numbers for the largest single-Galaxy clan force come out to be the equivalent of 930 `Mechs (465 BattleMechs / 2,325 Elementals)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 2, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

But really a Galaxy only exists for paperwork purposes and it's not like they're ever fielded as a cohesive force. Other than maybe right now on Andurien.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

dis astranagant posted:

But really a Galaxy only exists for paperwork purposes and it's not like they're ever fielded as a cohesive force. Other than maybe right now on Andurien.

Barring situations like Tukayyid in the original timeline. Of course even then, elements got bid away by various commanders. Basically you have to go to things like the Wolverine Trial of Annihilation or some of the Wars of Reaving stuff to get "all hands on deck" situations for the Clans.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Smoke Jaguars lost an entire galaxy to the Nova Cats in what amounted to a periphery skirmish, too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How do they define lost? Is it every guy with his mech shot out from under him or shot in the face? Or are we talking "unable to operate as a formation of this role, and mission accordingly abandoned"?

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

goatface posted:

How do they define lost? Is it every guy with his mech shot out from under him or shot in the face? Or are we talking "unable to operate as a formation of this role, and mission accordingly abandoned"?

In that specific case (a rather forgettable novel that had a three-way fight between the Northwind Highlanders, The Smoke Jags, and the Nova Cats) the Jaguar Galaxy was entirely destroyed, with, allegedly, no survivors.

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
Tempest

If I jumped to 1622, can I hit the Batu's with my medium lasers and SRMs?

Or is it better to go up or down?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Kirenski posted:

Tempest

If I jumped to 1622, can I hit the Batu's with my medium lasers and SRMs?

Or is it better to go up or down?

1622 is 5 range from the Batus. You should probably ask PTN first because a very popular optional rule requires a piloting roll to jump into woods.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

dis astranagant posted:

1622 is 5 range from the Batus. You should probably ask PTN first because a very popular optional rule requires a piloting roll to jump into woods.
If it gets close to the deadline, you can always include a contingency to go elsewhere if a piloting roll is necessary.

Kirenski
Sep 5, 2012
Tempest
Movement:
Jump to 1622, facing 1623 - asked in irc, was told no checks

Shooting:
Fire everything at the following as long as they are not dead:

Primary: Lead Batu
Secondary: Wingman Batu
Tertiary: Hellbringer Prime

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Something tells me the only reason the clans aren't completely hosed in this invasion is that overall elementals seem really loving competent no matter what.

Not adhering to zell. Hiding/ambushing. Running away. Prioritising winning over personal glory. Being scary area of denial dudes.

It's like they are the soldiers while mechwarriors are the glory seeking assholes that ruin every engagement.

I wonder if this will be a consequence of the invasion where before when the clans were only playing at war mechwarriors were kings but now that the war is real elementals are the ones who perform. And maybe they'll be the ones who'll become leaders?

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Affi posted:

Something tells me the only reason the clans aren't completely hosed in this invasion is that overall elementals seem really loving competent no matter what.

Not adhering to zell. Hiding/ambushing. Running away. Prioritising winning over personal glory. Being scary area of denial dudes.

It's like they are the soldiers while mechwarriors are the glory seeking assholes that ruin every engagement.

I wonder if this will be a consequence of the invasion where before when the clans were only playing at war mechwarriors were kings but now that the war is real elementals are the ones who perform. And maybe they'll be the ones who'll become leaders?

Well, it's already happened once with Hell's Horses...although it was technically an Elemental who became a mech pilot first.

To be fair to the pilots though, the clans have already kind of discarded zell (no one has tried to start a duel over the comms in quite a while), and almost all mechwarriors are some kind of glory seeking rear end in a top hat: the Inner Sphere pilots are just better at running away when things go south. The only obvious exceptions tend to be clandestine House organizations, who aren't worried about bounties, salvage, or even survival (in some cases).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

thetruegentleman posted:

(no one has tried to start a duel over the comms in quite a while)

That's not a thing the Clans actually do, the Steel Vipers were just being cocky little dumbshits in the early missions of the LP. :ssh:

Plus, I didn't have a good way to show the zell targets at the time. I do now.

A Clan warrior is just honor bound to kill or disable anything they have personally shot at. Most Clan warriors actually prefer to shoot to disable, and will go out of their way to target the enemy's arms and legs. This is very effective against a lot of OmniMechs but not so much against a lot of Inner Sphere designs.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Looking back at how the Vipers of Somerset turned out, we've really come a long way. :v:

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

thetruegentleman posted:

Well, it's already happened once with Hell's Horses...although it was technically an Elemental who became a mech pilot first.

In this timeline, the Khan of the Goliath Scorpions is an Elemental.

Ed. In the canon timeline, the Nova Cats, Smoke Jaguars (twice), Cloud Cobras, and Hell's Horses have all had Elemental Khans, the Ghost Bears had an elemental saKhan.

Servicio en Espanol fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 3, 2016

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pooncha posted:

Looking back at how the Vipers of Somerset turned out, we've really come a long way. :v:

It's been a long road

Getting from there to here

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Pooncha posted:

Five years. I am proud that I managed to burnish Caesar Steiner's record with a Flawless Victory in the previous mission, considering his performance at the end of Sommerset.

I wonder how much poetry Mechwarrior Drang has written about Bondsman Samantha in the meantime. :v:

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's not a thing the Clans actually do, the Steel Vipers were just being cocky little dumbshits in the early missions of the LP.

There are a few sourcebooks with zell rules that refer to verbal challenges and give examples, e.g. Tukayyid for one.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Scintilla posted:

Five years. I am proud that I managed to burnish Caesar Steiner's record with a Flawless Victory in the previous mission, considering his performance at the end of Sommerset.

I wonder how much poetry Mechwarrior Drang has written about Bondsman Samantha in the meantime. :v:

I'd kill for a "Where are they now?" post about the thread's previous pilots, although it'd probably have to stick to the notable or entertaining ones -there've been literally dozens of scenarios with I think a minimum of four PC pilots each, and often many more!

Edit: Should clarify that we did have that state of the sphere update recently, which was good too and did highlight what a lot of the major players are up to.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 4, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dolash posted:

I'd kill for a "Where are they now?" post about the thread's previous pilots, although it'd probably have to stick to the notable or entertaining ones -there've been literally dozens of scenarios with I think a minimum of four PC pilots each, and often many more!
I still wanna know what Hastur and Tjris Amirault are up to now.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Defiance Industries posted:

It's been a long road

Getting from there to here

We did this joke, like, months ago.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Auxilia: Tactical Update 11

Barna’s breath came in hot, heavy pants, drowning out the battlefield chatter of the rest of the command. The Drac, Takashi Meyer had punched out. Lam’ah Jud Malouf’s Anvil hadn’t risen from its shallow, watery grave—either the Clan infantry had popped her cockpit or her engine had flooded. They wouldn’t know which until the battle ended and someone was able to drag her machine back above the surface. The Nobility—the Chancellor and the Baroness—were both down too, and even their Liaison’s machine was a smoking wreck.

Barna’s confidence was smoldering along with it, he’d been demolished. His arms had been shot away with an almost effortless grace, and his primary weapons had gone with them. He’d been so certain he could take on an enemy lighter than his own machine, but the Clan machine was about twice as nimble as any Blackjack he’d ever faced, and the pilot knew how to take advantage of it. Tears welled up in the corners of his eyes—it simply wasn’t fair. He’d fought to the best of his abilities and hadn’t stood a chance.

The Clan machine touched down behind him, its autocannon elevated with menace. Blackened armor plates had peeled away from its legs and left arm, but he’d be generous to call the damage anything more than cosmetic. His hands shook, then slipped from the controls. He was going to die. He squeezed his eyes shut, his heart pounding in his chest, and just waited.

The now familiar roar of the Clan machine’s autocannon never came. His eyes shot open, and he sucked hot air through his narrow lips. The enemy machine had moved on, either taking pity on him or perhaps simply confident that it had removed Barna from the fight. It probably wasn’t wrong, he was down to a single medium laser—enough armament to balk a Stinger or Wasp but virtually useless against anything larger.

He hadn’t even been worth killing, and it was the way that thought bounced around inside his skull that finally broke him.

Movement Phase
Komodo
- Must pass a piloting test to stand carefully (5 base + 2 actuator damage - 2 careful stand = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Elemental Point Bryce
- Consolidates with Elemental Point Coleen!

Shooting Phase
Elemental Point Coleen (ACE!)
- Fires Small Lasers at Komodo (3 base + 0 range + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 9, 3 lasers hit Rear Right Torso (1/4 armor remaining (TAC!)), Rear Center Torso (3/6 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (0/4 armor, 9/11 structure remaining (Crit!))!

Atlas (Player)
- Fires PPC at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon/5 at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 4, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target - 2 pulse laser = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target - 2 pulse laser = 12): rolled 10, miss!- Gains 24 heat, sinks 30!

Hunchback (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0629!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 1 front + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (Ultra) at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 1 front + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 22!

Tempest (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 aerial target + 0 rear + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 aerial target + 0 rear + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 1 aerial target + 0 rear + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 18!

Awesome (Player)
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires PPC at Summoner B (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (0/11 structure remaining)! Arm blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (15/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 41 heat, sinks 38!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Hellbringer Prime (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hellbringer Prime (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hellbringer Prime (2 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Komodo (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Batu Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 aerial target + 2 side + 2 ultra-low altitude target = 12): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 26! Overheating!

Enfield (Player)
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 22!

Locust “Pulsar” (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1020!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Summoner (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 22!

Grendel B
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust “Pulsar” (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Locust “Pulsar” (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 5, miss!
-Gains 15 heat, sinks 20!

Hellbringer Prime
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1827!
- Fires ER PPC at Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (26/42 armor)!
- Fires ER PPC at Atlas (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (0/34 armor, 5/17 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 34!

Mad Dog Prime
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 28!

Summoner B
- Fires ER PPC at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (11/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Awesome (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (1/31 armor remaining)!
- Fires SRM-6 w/Artemis IV at Awesome (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Right Leg (7/17 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (1/24 armor remaining), Center Torso (0/31 armor, 24/25 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Arm (2/26 armor remaining)!
- Gains 27 heat, sinks 30!

Batu Flight Lead
- Holds fire!

Batu Wingman
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Shade Wingman (3 base + 0 range + 1 aerial target + 0 aft + 2 ultra-low altitude target + 3 target evading - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Wing (Weapon) (0/28 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Shade Wingman (3 base + 0 range + 1 aerial target + 0 aft + 2 ultra-low altitude target + 3 target evading - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Shade Wingman (3 base + 0 range + 1 aerial target + 0 aft + 2 ultra-low altitude target + 3 target evading - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 3, miss!

Sabutai Flight Lead
- Holds fire!

Sabutai Wingman
- Holds fire!

Shade (Luminos) Wingman
- Evades!

Rusalka (Luminos) Flight Lead
- Fires Heavy PPC at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 5, miss!

Rusalka (Luminos) Wingman
- Fires Heavy PPC at Sabutai Wingman (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Wing (Hardpoint) (12/45 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Sabutai Wingman (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Right Wing (Hardpoint) (3/45 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Sabutai Wingman (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 8, hit Right Wing (Landing Gear) (0/45 armor, 1/7 structural integrity remaining)! Crit!

Rusalka (Invictus) Flight Lead
- Fires ER PPC at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Wing (Avionics) (40/45 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 9, hit Aft (Engine) (35/40 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!

Rusalka (Invictus) Wingman
- Fires ER PPC at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Wing (Weapon) (30/45 armor remaining)! Threshold Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 9, hit Aft (Engine) (30/40 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Wing (Hardpoint) (25/45 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Sabutai Flight Lead (3 base + 2 range + 1 aerial target + 2 side = 8): rolled 6, miss!

End Phase
Komodo
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 5, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Guardian ECM damaged!
- - Double Heat Sink damaged!

Atlas
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 6, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (6 base + 1 massive damage = 7): rolled 8, succeeds!

Summoner
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Shade (Luminos)
- Threshold critical chance in Left Wing (Weapon): rolled 6, no critical damage sustained!
- Must pass a control roll (4 base + 2 cumulative damage sustained - 1 fighter = 5): rolled 11, succeeds!

Sabutai Flight Lead
- Threshold critical chance in Aft (Engine): rolled 6, no critical damage sustained!
- Threshold critical chance in Aft (Engine): rolled 7, no critical damage sustained!
- Must pass a control roll (4 base + 1 cumulative damage sustained - 1 fighter = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Sabutai Wingman
- Threshold critical chance in Right Wing (Hardpoint): rolled 9, critical damage sustained!
- - Bomb hardpoint damaged (no payload)!
- Threshold critical chance in Right Wing (Hardpoint): rolled 7, no critical damage sustained!
- Critical chance in Right Wing (Landing Gear): rolled 8, critical hit sustained!
- - Landing gear damaged!
- Must pass a control roll (4 base + 3 cumulative damage sustained - 1 fighter = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!
- Pilot ejects!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Kit Fox C
- Must pass an 11+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
- Stands carefully (5 base - 2 careful stand = 3): rolled 8, succeeds!

Player Status:
Demon Lance

Hawk Lance

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Mission Objective:
- Defend the Convoy (5/5)
- Assist Allied Forces
- Drive off the Clans (0/?)
- Bounty Collected: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- - Light: 3
- - Medium: 4
- - Heavy: 1* (1 salvaged Mad Dog)
- - Assault: 1

Orders Due: Midnight Tuesday!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The loving Kit Fox woke up. I guess Jason's close enough to maybe keep him from getting any stupid ideas.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
So I have a question about gauss rifles. Are they straight up unable to shoot inside their min range or are they like PPC's?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Shinarato posted:

So I have a question about gauss rifles. Are they straight up unable to shoot inside their min range or are they like PPC's?

Only artillery can't fire in minimum range. Everything else takes +1 to hit per hex.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

The loving Kit Fox woke up. I guess Jason's close enough to maybe keep him from getting any stupid ideas.

He's marked as retreating, probably want to focus on the things still trying to kill you.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

dis astranagant posted:

Daww, let poor Ruben go. If he kicks anything he'll fail his piloting roll, possibly rip off his own leg, fall and die.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Oops, didn't catch that.

The Grendel is unhittable and the Hellbringer's off in lalaland so I think I'm gonna go see if I can't get a piece of that summoner before something pops my lac ammo.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well that turn didn't go as well for goonlance as most of the previous ones. :ohdear:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Well that turn didn't go as well for goonlance as most of the previous ones. :ohdear:

Yeah, forgot about that +2 too low bonus on the bird. Shoulda put a few more into the Hellbringer.

I figure we can all double back a bit and drop the Summoner this turn. The Mad Dog and Hellbringer won't be able to hit anything. Maybe someone can finish off some elementals while we're at it.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 4, 2016

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
So I just checked, in between the Kit Fox C pilot blacking out and waking up again, the players + allies have taken out a a star and a half's worth of 'mechs, including some pretty heavy ones.

I imagine he just went

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
Well, I guess my plan is to stand here and see how many rounds I can shoot all my PPC's before this summoner kills me or I die. (or those elementals that were behind me murder me)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah a ton of shots at the aircraft that were on 12s and 10s because none of us remembered (or knew about) the +2 for being very low.

This highlights that hey, it's not a terrible idea when writing your contingencies to base them on your to-hits. E.g., "shoot at the Batu on 9+ or better, or else <secondary target>".

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The convoy's almost cleared the map by now but I guess gooncompany wil keep fighting to see if they can secure the field and recover its pilots and maybe a little bit of salvage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

SIGSEGV posted:

The convoy's almost cleared the map by now but I guess gooncompany wil keep fighting to see if they can secure the field and recover its pilots and maybe a little bit of salvage.

I imagine that the remaining clanners will leave the field soon. The only one that's stuck in is the Summoner and it should be dead very soon if this turn goes well. The other heavies may well get bored not having anything to shoot at and take their leave.

• Locked thread