Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Pooncha posted:

Is that (partly) why you made the Screamer inflict a pilot hit every time it jumps? :v:

Just one at the end of the battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pooncha posted:

Is that (partly) why you made the Screamer inflict a pilot hit every time it jumps? :v:

Not every time it jumps, it'd be unplayable then. Once, at the end of the mission 'cause you're not getting through it without bruising something and that `Mech is guaranteed to make any actual injuries so much worse.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Oh, that makes sense. For some reason I interpreted the "end of battle" clause as "end of round". :downs:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

Triple Edit: They may not be wearing armor, but heavy jump troopers are still Elementals. Please remember to treat them with respect (by which I mean kill them before they murder you all).

Pretty sure those guys add up to being quite a bit meaner than your typical point of toads, especially since only a couple of our guys can reliably chew them up.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That's why I'm tracking their morale. Nobody caught that, but there's a lot to see so I'm not surprised.

Shooting's started, so it's now officially too late to send in orders.

Oh well, I always try to make turn one not that critical on missions this big.

One of these days I'm going to do the 36 player `Mech battalion battle I've always dreamed of. But everyone would have to be piloting Stingers or something.

Edit: Also, psst. I'm giving R-e lasers a bonus against infantry since they've got a micro-pulsed beam. Not a huge bonus, mind, but 1d6 is better than 'kills one guy'

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Apr 27, 2016

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

PoptartsNinja posted:

One of these days I'm going to do the 36 player `Mech battalion battle I've always dreamed of. But everyone would have to be piloting Stingers or something.

UrbanMechs for Everyone on a City Map.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
It'd be a good grand finale.

Y'know. On account of PTN dying of exasperation before the end of turn 4.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Orders were due last night.

El Spamo, Tempest_56, Pladdicus, I know the three of you are around. Get them in ASAP.

I PM'd you my move orders two days ago, though?

e: Wait, I see the problem, I formatted badly. I'll resend in clearer form.

vv No, that one's on me, it's been long enough that I forgot to format things for your ease of reading. Properly formatted should hit your PM box in a few seconds and I'll do better next time.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 27, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, so you did. They're kinda hidden in a sentence about needing to catch up with the thread and the subject line doesn't follow the format that tells me they're orders so I missed them. :sigh:

Fixed!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 27, 2016

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
A huge setpiece battle sounds cool, but yeah, it'd be tough to implement. I guess you could assign each player two mechs to cut down on the number of dropped turns, but even then you'd still have eighteen players to keep track of.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If I was going to do a stupid-huge battle, I'd break out the BattleForce rules. I'm just not really familiar with them. But hey, regiment on cluster action could happen.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Scintilla posted:

A huge setpiece battle sounds cool, but yeah, it'd be tough to implement. I guess you could assign each player two mechs to cut down on the number of dropped turns, but even then you'd still have eighteen players to keep track of.

Each player having a single lance of 4 would (hopefully) cut down hugely on the otherwise hilarious left hand/right hand itis that would undoubtedly result from 36 goons all trying to work towards a common objective.

Unless hilarious left hand/right hand itis is the goal!

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Yeah, I sent my orders via PM on Monday. Titled "Lancelot - Turn 1", was that not the right format? I'll check your intro PM again...

ed: Oh shoot, you wanted [b] tags around the subject line! Ach, sorry!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

36 goon controlled mechs wouldn't be THAT much more work for PTN. Maybe 15 would get orders in on any given turn. :v:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Also, psst. I'm giving R-e lasers a bonus against infantry since they've got a micro-pulsed beam. Not a huge bonus, mind, but 1d6 is better than 'kills one guy'
That's good to know - next turn the Flashman gets to commit warcrimes fry some infantry shoot at space marines.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Ardlen posted:

That's good to know - next turn the Flashman gets to commit warcrimes fry some infantry shoot at space marines.

The pulse bonus is 'just' +1 mans killed, I believe, so it's not terribly effective. Helpful and better than nothing (especially since you can snipe infantry from beyond their range) but if you have better targets go for them.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

MJ12 posted:

The pulse bonus is 'just' +1 mans killed, I believe, so it's not terribly effective. Helpful and better than nothing (especially since you can snipe infantry from beyond their range) but if you have better targets go for them.

Sounded like he was treating them like small pulses and doing 1d6 which aint half bad considering the range on those suckers. With two of them he can equal the Plasma rifle on the Lancelot. It'll be good to have some anti-infantry redundancy, because right now like 90% of Gooncompany warcrimes capacity is resting on the dodgy hip of the Komodo.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

MJ12 posted:

As direct fire energy weapons, a Large R-e laser would normally kill 1 trooper.

With the tweaks it'll kill 1d6, putting it on par with the light machine gun and worse than every other burst-fire weapon in the game (small and micro pulse are both 2d6).

It's just a pity the Plasma Rifle's wording doesn't specify infantry in the hex takes damage to the whole unit rather than individual troopers the way it does with battle armor. That means it'll only kill 10+2d6 troopers when a single hit could potentially kill an entire point of elementals.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

As direct fire energy weapons, a Large R-e laser would normally kill 1 trooper.

With the tweaks it'll kill 1d6, putting it on par with the light machine gun and worse than every other burst-fire weapon in the game (small and micro pulse are both 2d6).

It's just a pity the Plasma Rifle's wording doesn't specify infantry in the hex takes damage to the whole unit rather than individual troopers the way it does with battle armor. That means it'll only kill 10+2d6 troopers when a single hit could potentially kill an entire point of elementals.

I thought the plasma rifle against infantry did 10 direct-fire energy damage, +2d6 heat damage, so it basically killed 2d6+1 guys, and against BA it'd be 10 damage, +2d6 in 5-point clusters. TW p.140 confirms that against BA the plasma rifle is 10 damage in a single whack, plus 2d6 in 5-point clusters, but it's ambiguous on whether against infantry the plasma rifle is 10+2d6 points of damage, or 10 points, reduced by the non-infantry weapons against infantry table, +2d6 points of non-reduced damage.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PoptartsNinja posted:

There's always the hypothetical Atlas vs. 36 Locusts, Wasps, and Stingers. Maybe a Dark Age Atlas vs. 3025 lights.

It's the Battletech version of "How many 4-year-olds can you defeat"

garland336
Feb 26, 2013

PhotoKirk posted:

There's always the hypothetical Atlas vs. 36 Locusts, Wasps, and Stingers. Maybe a Dark Age Atlas vs. 3025 lights.

My understanding is that often a same era Atlas vs a single company of locusts usually results in the atlas getting creamed.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PhotoKirk posted:

I did this in Megamek but with Fleas. I think it was like 3 assaults with LBX20s vs 15+ fleas and some Savanah Masters because why not.

At least 3-4 fatalities were because we were playing with the optional AoE ammo explosions and stackpole (6+ engine crits in a turn has a chance to blow) rules, and, well, fleas have the most dangerous substance known to Battletech on their chassis, machinegun ammo.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

MJ12 posted:

I thought the plasma rifle against infantry did 10 direct-fire energy damage, +2d6 heat damage, so it basically killed 2d6+1 guys, and against BA it'd be 10 damage, +2d6 in 5-point clusters. TW p.140 confirms that against BA the plasma rifle is 10 damage in a single whack, plus 2d6 in 5-point clusters, but it's ambiguous on whether against infantry the plasma rifle is 10+2d6 points of damage, or 10 points, reduced by the non-infantry weapons against infantry table, +2d6 points of non-reduced damage.

IIRC heat weapons do full damage. If not, I'll correct it later.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Am I right in thinking that my weaponry isn't suited to shooting at infantry? I'm in the grasshopper, with a long range lpl and 4 mls

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Am I right in thinking that my weaponry isn't suited to shooting at infantry? I'm in the grasshopper, with a long range lpl and 4 mls

You are bad at the anti-infantry, yes. Best case you'll kill maybe a quarter of a platoon a turn.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

El Spamo posted:

Yeah, I sent my orders via PM on Monday. Titled "Lancelot - Turn 1", was that not the right format? I'll check your intro PM again...

ed: Oh shoot, you wanted [ b ] tags around the subject line! Ach, sorry!

I don't think tags work on PM titles?

For example, I've sent my orders like this:

quote:

[PM Title]
Hunchback - Turn 9

[Subject]

Movement:

- Face south.
- Run to 0325.
- Face southeast.
- Run to 0526.

[If I was jumping, I would say "Jump to X, end facing Y".]

Shooting:

- If Elemental Point Coleen is in Line of Sight and the rules permit me to fire at it, then I will fire all my weapons at it. UAC/10s set to Normal.
- Otherwise, fire my UAC/10s at the Hellbringer. UAC/10s set to Ultra.
The key point is to minimize the amount of thinking PTN has to do with regards to processing your orders, thus the template he gives you. Atypical formatting and stuff like that tends to clog things up.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 27, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

El Spamo posted:

ed: Oh shoot, you wanted [b] tags around the subject line! Ach, sorry!

No, I was just dumb and missed them. Sorry about that!

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Orders got lost in the flood and I sent them in a bit early which probably didn't help much. :)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

garland336 posted:

My understanding is that often a same era Atlas vs a single company of locusts usually results in the atlas getting creamed.

Yep, even if you're doing it in a city, the Atlas' ammo runs dry long before you've killed all of them.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's worse to be outnumbered in BattleTech than it is to be outgunned.

Which is why Aidan Pryde's killing a whole company of ComStar BattleMechs with his small laser rings so hollow.

Edit: It's also why I snicker at Justin Allard warning his soldiers off from Gray Noton's Rifleman II. A single machine with notoriously weak back armor and heat problems and you're afraid to swarm it under with a company of firestarters? What?

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 28, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Maybe something stupid like a dual Long Tom Cannon Fafnir might get the job done through splash damage and overwhelming firepower. Or a ridiculous energy zombie.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Air Raid: Tactical Update 2

Raindrops the size of a man’s thumb splattered against Jason’s canopy like soft lead bullets. Water sluiced off his machine’s back, turning the relatively dry spaces beneath his machine into a half-inch river of mud. His radar pinged as his targeting computer identified one of the long lances the Clans seemed to favor. He tabbed through mass readings and silhouettes as his DI computer struggled to put names and ‘faces’ to designs that were familiar enough but had never been seen before.

The Screamer’s computer made its identifications in a flash—far more quickly than a machine unfamiliar with Clan silhouettes, like his old Phoenix Hawk, should have managed. Vixen, Urbanmech IIC, Peregrine, Wolverine IIC. The only one it couldn’t identify was a slender quad-legged design that vaguely resembled the infamous Goliath. It was only a twenty ton machine, a quarter of the weight of the real thing, and almost certainly a scout platform.

“We’ve got a Clan lance screwing around on the north side of the runway,” Jason broadcast. “This `Mech is at least vaguely familiar with most of the designs, so I’m sharing out the specs. Looks like a light recon lance with a little medium firepower as back-up. And an Urbanmech, because Kerensky’s got a sense of humor.”

“Wasteful surats,” Noretti grumped. “They have formed a sloppy little circle of equals rather than forming a reasonable defense perimeter.”

“Hear that?” Duncan interjected with a laugh, “We’ve caught ‘em with their pants down. Let’s see if we can draw their attention away from whatever game they’re playing. Hit the airfield hard!”

Jason drove his feet down on the Screamer’s pedals until he felt the ‘stop bar,’ a resistive metal bar that told the pilot he was running as fast as his `Mech could carry him. On machines with jump jets, that bar wasn’t a hard stop. It was actually a second pedal—depressing both would kick in the jets and send up to a hundred tons of war machine hurtling through the air. Jason pushed past with only a moment’s hesitation, bringing the massive array of engines on his machines back up to power.

The techs had teased him on his first time out that the name had been earned because every pilot screamed the first time they tried the jump jets. He doubted the veracity of that story, but the Screamer’s name was nonetheless deserved. Where most Jump Jets made a dull roar, the Screamer’s engines built up to a high-pitched shriek that sounded a bit like some madman had crossed an eagle with a jet engine.

For an instant he felt as though Duncan’s Atlas had parked itself on his chest. The sudden acceleration smashed Jason into his command couch. All the padding in the world wasn’t enough to protect a man from that much acceleration. Jason hadn’t done any screaming on his first outing—but his back had been black and blue afterwards. He could understand why the Republic’s pilots hated the machine, but for those brief few seconds after the Jets started firing and fifty five tons of war machine threw itself into the air, Jason felt free.

“That `Mech,” Noretti said in tones that suggested she wasn’t sure whether to be impressed or disgusted. “The Jade Falcons would love everything about it.”

Movement Phase
Screamer
- Jumps to hex 1637, facing not specified! Original facing kept!

Grasshopper
- Activates MASC!

Space Marine Infantry
- Platoon 1 breaks line of sight!
- Platoon 2 uses fast movement!
- Platoon 3 holds position!
- Platoon 4 uses fast movement!

Heavy Jump Infantry
- Platoon 1 breaks line of sight!
- Platoon 3 moves normally!

Clan Foot Infantry
- Platoon 1 uses fast movement!
- Platoon 3 takes partial cover behind immobile vehicle!
- Platoon 5 uses fast movement!
- Platoon 6 uses fast movement!
- Platoon 7 takes cover in building!
- Platoon 8 takes cover in building!

Shooting Phase
Heavy Jump Infantry Platoon 3 (ACE!)
- Attacks Screamer LAM (3 base + 2 range + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 9, miss!

Clan Foot Infantry Platoon 8 (ACE!)
- Attacks Ostscout (4 base + 4 range + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 8, miss!

Atlas III
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Anhur 1035 (3 base + 4 range + 1 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain = 5): rolled 11, hit Right Side (4/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Anhur 1638 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target = 2): automatically hits Front (5/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Anhur 1638 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target = 2): automatically hits Front (0/15 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Anhur 1638 (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target = 2): automatically hits Front!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 24! Overheating! TSM Activates!

Flashman
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2032!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Anhur 1236 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 4): rolled 7, hit Front (6/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Anhur 1236 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 4): rolled 6, hit Front (0/15 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Anhur 1236 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium at Anhur 1236: target is out of range!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Grasshopper
- Primary target destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Anhur 1437 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 10, hit Front (10/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Anhur 1437 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 7, hit Rotor (0/2 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Anhur 1437 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 3): rolled 7, hit Rotor!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 30!

Salamander
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Dragoon II
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 26!

Copperhead Charlie
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Anhur 1035 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 7, hit Right Side (0/14 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Anhur 1035 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 6, hit Rear (5/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Anhur 1035 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 7, hit Rear (0/12 armor, 1/3 structure remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Anhur 1035 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 10, 12 missiles hit Left Side (9/14 armor remaining), Rotor (0/5 armor, 0/3 structure remaining), Rotor!
- Gains 23 heat, sinks 24!

Lancelot
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1838!
- Primary target to-hit too high!
- No line-of-sight to secondary target
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Foot Infantry 1 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 9, 20 troopers killed!
- Fires Large Laser at Anhur 1437 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target = 4): rolled 8, hit Rotor (0/2 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Vehicle destroyed!
- Fires Large Laser at Anhur 1437 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target = 4): rolled 9, hit Rotor!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Anhur 1437 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse laser = 6): rolled 6, hit Rotor!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Komodo
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Champion
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Visigoth 0941 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 5): rolled 11, hit Right Wing (32/47 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER PPC at Visigoth 0941 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 8, hit Aft (32/42 armor remaining)! Control surfaces damaged!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 20!

Chameleon
- Target already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks !

Screamer
- Fires ER PPC at Visigoth 0941 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 target movement + 1 heavy rain = 2): automatically hit Right Wing (22/47 armor remaining)! Landing gear damaged!
- - Plasma arcs to Right Wing (17/47 armor remaining)!
- Secondary target not in firing arc!
- Tertiary target already destroyed!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Stag
- Fires ER Large Laser at Heavy Building Hex 1048 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 5): rolled 9, hit (82/90 CF remaining)!
- - Heavy Infantry Platoon 7 suffers damage in the attack, 1 trooper killed!
- Fires SRM-4 at Heavy Building Hex 1048 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 7, 3 missiles hit (80/90 CF remaining), (78/90 CF remaining), (76/90 CF remaining)!
- Heavy Infantry Platoon suffers no damage in the attack!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 24!

Gunsmith
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Ostscout
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 10!

Phoenix Hawk
- Primary target destroyed!
- Secondary target destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

End Phase
Hurricane Nebuchadnezzar
- No lightning strikes this turn!

Player Status:
Demon Hawks

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Objective Status

Heavy Rain – +1 penalty to all weapon attacks and piloting tests, all non-concrete hexes count as mud hexes

Lightning Strikes – Lightning has a chance to strike up to four random hexes each turn, inflicting 4-10 damage to units struck.

Mission Objective:
Primary Objectives
- Raid the Clan Airfield (0/1)
- Don’t Be Captured (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (1,000,0000 c-bills / 1,500,000 goods)
- - Infantry Units: (50,000 c-bills each)
- - Light `Mechs: (1,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Medium `Mechs: x (2,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Heavy `Mechs: (3,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Assault `Mechs: (4,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Grounded Aircraft: 4 (250,000 c-bills each)
- Revenants Unleashed: 2

- Total Accumulated Bounty: 19,000,000 c-bills (28,500,000 goods)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 28, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hurricane Nebuchadnezzar

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
3 mechs with no orders, that does not bode well. At least it was for the bloodless first round though.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
They may be grounded and completely helpless, but there is absolutely nothing bad about removing a bunch of Anhur's from existence. It may not be a real objective, but never not butcher Clan airpower.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
MWO Pubbie clanner trials. :allears:

well no, i suppose this isn't that until they ask if you'll wait for them to finish their trial first.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

What happened to foot infantry platoon 1? I only see one guy getting killed from another platoon entirely but foot platoon 1 seems to have lost most of its manpower and is running away.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
I'm sure that was the easiest million c-bills the Demon Hawks have made so far.

I think we should continue moving southwest and let our anti-infantry mechs handle the infantry moving in from the runway and that stand of woods near the height 4 building on the south edge of the map. We could probably kill 2 or more of those Visigoths if we focus some of our fire, then by turn 3 we should be engaged with the light mech star. We can do so from partial cover on the south edge of that southeasterly portion of the runway.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

What happened to foot infantry platoon 1?

The Lancelot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Wafflecopper posted:

What happened to foot infantry platoon 1? I only see one guy getting killed from another platoon entirely but foot platoon 1 seems to have lost most of its manpower and is running away.

It got smashed with a Plasma rifle shot that killed 20 guys at once.

/dawnofwar SQUAD MORALE BROKEN

• Locked thread