Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

It wasn't just the Ostscout?

:ptn: needs the same image as :f5: for obvious reasons, but more worried some how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Hey PTN! You're a great gamemaster and you don't need advice on how to run your game but since I've had a beer or two I thought of something.

One of the objectives sorta requires the players to quit the field when their mechs get too damaged. And I'm feeling people won't want to do that and give up their chance to play.

How about awarding anyone running away with a revenant?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

terrenblade posted:

:ptn: needs the same image as :f5: for obvious reasons, but more worried some how.

A sweating Battlemaster.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Affi posted:

Hey PTN! You're a great gamemaster and you don't need advice on how to run your game but since I've had a beer or two I thought of something.

One of the objectives sorta requires the players to quit the field when their mechs get too damaged. And I'm feeling people won't want to do that and give up their chance to play.

This is amazing and the best idea.

Bonus :yayclod: if it's a Booby trap revenant.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
OH god. :negative:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

PTN, I have a question. That tunnel is filled with water from the hurricane, right? How's that gonna interact with open legs or torsos?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Affi posted:

I'll consider it. The issue is going to be differentiating them in player hands.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Give them a blue outline? :shobon:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Pooncha posted:

Give them a blue outline? :shobon:

He probably means more "Ok, you're revenant first responder number 1, other player is number 2, etc"

Funnily enough, not an issue back when we had no sprites and only letters/numbers!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gwaihir posted:

Funnily enough, not an issue back when we had no sprites and only letters/numbers!

Sprites are better. :colbert:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

But as an honest answer, IIRC the Vandal can be in orbit in a turn or two at the absolute most. It's a 14/21. In space it can sustain a 7G acceleration.

30-second turns?
Are you sure that 7Gs represents a 7G thrust capability, and not just an ability to sustain 7Gs of (say) lateral acceleration due to extreme banking/turning in atmo? (You said in space, though...)

For comparison, the delta vee for a 200km stable circular Earth orbit is 7,784 m/s. To get to that speed from zero, in sixty seconds, requires acceleration of 130 m/s2. 1G is 9.81 m/s, so that's about 13.2 Gs of sustained acceleration.

Nevermind the fuel load needed to do that, because we're assuming somehow we're getting sustained 13.2Gs of thrust without using up reaction mass (how does this plane thrust in a vacuum??) because fusion magic whatever, and also never mind the kind of dynamic load you'll get shoving a physical object through atmosphere that hard, and I guess also nevermind the friction involved because a spaceplane had better be able to dive into atmo from orbital velocity anyway.

Nevermind all those things, because after sixty seconds you've achieved orbital velocity, but what orbital trajectory? And you don't achieve orbit by launching straight up, you have to accelerate in an arc. I don't have the formula handy but I feel confident in claiming that, for a planet with an Earth-typical atmosphere, after 60 seconds even at 13.2Gs of thrust, you will have achieved an orbital velocity while still being well inside the atmosphere. And that's uh, that's bad.

The Vandal weighs 30 Tons, I think we're using metric tons right? I want to figure out how much energy you have to expend to put 30 metric tons into orbit in 60 seconds. I believe the answer is going to be... prodigious.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 4, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nothing even close to an argument on that here!

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

trying to apply real science to battletech

magical fusion generators & magical space materials

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

30-second turns?
Are you sure that 7Gs represents a 7G thrust capability, and not just an ability to sustain 7Gs of (say) lateral acceleration due to extreme banking/turning in atmo? (You said in space, though...)

It absolutely does. Aerospace fighters are preposterously and magically fast. Don't think about it too hard, it's not worth it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

GenericServices posted:

It absolutely does. Aerospace fighters are preposterously and magically fast. Don't think about it too hard, it's not worth it.

OK, sure. I mean... okay. 60 seconds to space, unlimited reaction mass, still monumentally more plausible than FTL travel and communication, so why not.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

30-second turns?

7Gs of constant acceleration in space, but the Vandal's only got three tons of fuel so it's guaranteed to run out in a few turns if it's accelerating hard. Have a quote on Vandal ramming!

quote:

Well, a Vandal has 240 fuel points, so assuming it spends them all accelerating it can reach a velocity of 240 hexes/turn on its own. That makes the collision occur under slow high speed rules. This gives a collision damage of 30 / 10 * 240 * 1.5 = 1080 damage

Still more damage can be done if launched from a dropship that is already on a high-speed interception course. If, for example, we managed to propel the Vandal on a relative velocity that reach the limit of fast high-speed engagement we get: 30 / 10 * 5001 * 4 = 60012 damage

Space hexes are 18km, but space turns are 60 seconds rather than the 10 second turns on the ground. That means at maximum acceleration that Vandal's hitting 72 kilometers per second (but at that point the pilot has been eating pilot hits for a while due to acceleration and is pretty dead).

But no, I haven't worked out how many turns it'd take the Vandal to pass through all five atmospheric layers and then cross the atmospheric interface layer. I know crossing the A/I layer burns a turn and the fighter's guaranteed to need to accelerate for a while to cross it, but the Vandal accelerates very, very quickly. I don't care enough to work out how long it would take since it's completely irrelevent for the mission at hand, but the best answer is "not very long."

The Vandal's the fastest canon fighter. It's also one of the few that can (easily) kill its own pilot even if it's operating at 'safe' (for the airframe) thrust.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 5, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I bet it's fun for the pilot to try and fly that fast in something with battle damage. Even if it didn't hit anything direly critical (like control surfaces or engines), trying to fly the thing that fast with chunks of armor off of one wing or bullet holes in the fuselage has to be a trip. A miracle that they don't just go full-Columbia from all that resistance.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
All I can picture is the Zudah from Gundam, going so redonkulously fast that it literally breaks up from acceleration.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Once we have some targets we need to focus fire as carefully as we can.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Vandal is a flying Naga. Being assigned to fly one is punishment duty reserved for pilots who have hosed up but haven't quite hosed up badly enough to just get themselves summarily executed.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh you have to track tons of fuel for aerospace fighters? That's... actually far stupider than just pretending the fusion engine produces unlimited amounts of thrust, because now you're strictly limited by the mass of your propellant. In atmosphere you mix your fuel with air, so you can get total reaction mass higher than your fuel load, but you also get to benefit from aerodynamic lift. In vacuum, 100% of your reaction mass comes from your fuel (unless you're converting energy from somewhere into mass, which would be a neat trick), and three tons of fuel for a 30 ton fighter is not very much.

We're pretending the thing's engines have a ridiculous specific impulse I guess. Accelerate the reaction mass to just under the speed of light, and you can go a long way with the reaction mass.

Yeah, I don't expect you to figure this out, PTN. I'm just enjoying the latest in a very long line of "Because Battletech" techno-stupid explanations.

(As an aside: the way to do things that violate physics in your science fiction, is to use words and concepts to explain them that do not reference real-world quantities, principles, laws, etc. So instead of giving actual tons of fuel and saying what the fuel is and claiming you're using rocket engines to go somewhere, you instead say your sci-fi space planes use the Hawking-Byron Gravihypocrublic Principle to accelerate, and then don't explain what that is or how it works in any way. Now the reader can just willingly suspend disbelief in the H-BGP and the space plane can do whatever you feel like having it doing. This is where Battletech constantly gets into trouble, whether it's explaining how Myomer works, or calling their short-range energy weapons Lasers, or using a known and understood fusion reaction to power its robots, or even just telling us how much they mass using metric tons.)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Just have your ships work like the ship from Futurama. The engines don't move the ship through the universe, it moves the universe around the ship. :pseudo:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

three tons of fuel for a 30 ton fighter is not very much.

It's absolutely not very much fuel. Clan fighters are balanced by weak armor and relatively low fuel, and the Vandal has notoriously little fuel even for a Clan light fighter. They exist to either scout the enemy and get picked up by a waiting DropShip on the far side of the engagement zone, or to stick close where they can use their insane maneuverability to shoot down incoming missiles.

The Vandal can double its fuel by using drop tanks, and is one of the few OmniFighters that has a variant devoting some of its (laughable) 3 tons of pod space to extra fuel, but the Vandal's still very much a missile with a cockpit.

Amusingly, using the same stats as a Vandal (30 ton XL360 w/ 4.5 tons of ferro) gets you a 12/18 with a whopping 0.5 tons left over for weapons.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Air Raid: Tactical Update 4

Lam’ah Jud Malouf flinched as her computer painted a blood red streak passing meters over her `Mech’s right shoulder. She wasn’t familiar with the Lancelot yet, and even though she admired the view granted by the machine’s big, cyclopean cockpit, she still couldn’t help but feel vulnerable. Her view was so unrestricted it almost felt like she was standing unprotected on the Lancelot’s shoulders, and that tipping forward would send her tumbling to the ground. It wasn’t quite as bad as some machines she’d had the opportunity to pilot in the past: her Uncle’s Longbow, for instance, had made her feel less like a Mechwarrior and more than a little like she’d been strapped to the front of the war machine like a child in some sort of baby carrier.

Her anxiety was still more than enough to spoil her shot. Her hypersonic glob of rainbow-hot plasma etched spiral patterns in the tarmac just as readily as it would have the infantry squad she’d been aiming at, but the ground wasn’t actively shooting back at her. Yet.

“Hell,” the Gibsonite woman cursed, staring into the rear arc of her circlevision display. A touch of a button brought up her rangefinder, and she flinched again almost instinctively. “I forgot how good the Clan long range weapons are in wide open places like this. They just took a shot at me at seven-hundred fifty meters!”

“That’s over a hundred meters longer than my—” Chancellor’s comms cut off momentarily as a squad of infantry lurking at the edge of the copse of trees opened fire on her rear armor. Although an individual infantry laser wasn’t even a pinprick to a BattleMech, enough of them in a well-coordinated group could still be dangerous and as well armored as they were no BattleMech was really designed to take hits to the rear. Lam’ah didn’t know if it was a lucky shot, or if one of the Clan troopers was just an amazing shot. All she knew is, the Stag’s arm spasmed and fell limp as one of the capacitors that managed the machine’s myomer bundles discharged its entire load all at once. Myomer contracted wildly and the Stag’s endo-steel frame complained with a resounding shriek as the machine’s own muscles tried to forcibly shorten its own arm by a meter. Something gave, and it wasn’t the myomer. Foamed-titanium bones smashed through the shoulder armor and with a final spasm the arm threw itself free sending Yul Liao scrambling to keep her feet.

After a moment of silence Yul completed her original thought, “That’s over four-hundred and fifty meters longer than my maximum range.”

Movement Phase
Grasshopper
- Insufficient MP to complete movement: needs 6, has 5!

Stag
- Insufficient MP to complete movement: needs 12, has 9!

Dragoon II
- Ronin of Dreams assumes direct control!

Shooting Phase
Space Marine Infantry 4
- Attacks Stag (4 base + 2 range + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 9, 12 troopers deal 11 damage to Left Leg (17/22 armor remaining), Left Arm (9/14 armor remaining), Right Arm (13/14 armor remaining (TAC!))!

Heavy Jump Infantry Platoon 3 (ACE!)
- Attacks Atlas III (3 base + 0 range + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 5): rolled 6, 4 troopers deal (5 - 1 = 4) damage to Center Torso (46/50 armor remaining)!

Clan Foot Infantry Platoon 3 (ACE!)
- Attacks Ostscout (4 base - 2 range + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 8, 13 troopers do 6 damage to Left Leg (11/16 armor remaining), Right Torso (11/12 armor remaining (TAC!)!

Atlas III
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Vandal 0739 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain = 4): rolled 9, hit Nose (0/29 armor, 5/14 structure remaining)!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Vandal 0739 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 immobile target + 1 heavy rain = 4): rolled 5, hit Nose (0/14 structure remaining)! target destroyed!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 24!

Flashman
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2036!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Visigoth 0941’s Right Wing (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, rolls 4 to confirm, hits Right Wing (0/3 structure remaining)! Target destroyed!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Visigoth 0943 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target - 1 R-e pulse laser = 5): rolled 6, hit Right Wing (14/47 armor remaining)!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Visigoth 0943 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target - 1 R-e pulse laser = 5): rolled 5, hit Right Wing (5/47 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium at Heavy Jump Infantry 3: target denies Line of Sight!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Grasshopper
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 30!

Salamander
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Dragoon II
- Fires Republic ER PPC at Vandal 0741 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 4): rolled 7, hit Nose (12/29 armor remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to nothing!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Heavy Jump Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 10, hit! 3 troopers killed!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Heavy Jump Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 9, hit! 2 troopers killed! unit destroyed!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Heavy Jump Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit!
- Gains 29 heat, sinks 26!

Copperhead Charlie
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Vandal 0741’s Right Wing (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 4, rolled 3 to confirm, hit Aft (0/17 armor, 0/2 structure remaining)! target destroyed!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Vandal 0741 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 8, rolled 4 to confirm, hit Aft (/ armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Vandal 0741 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 6, rolled 6 to confirm, hit Right Wing (/ armor remaining)!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (slug) at Vandal 0741 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 3): rolled 5, hit Right Wing (3/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Vandal 0741 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 1): 20 missiles automatically hit Right Wing (0/20 armor, 12/14 structure remaining), Right Wing (7/14 structure remaining), Aft (5/17 armor remaining), Right Wing (2/14 structure remaining)!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 24!

Lancelot
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Clan Foot Infantry 3 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 32!

Komodo
- Primary target already destroyed!
- No valid secondary target!
- No valid tertiary target!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 22!

Champion
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1833!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Visigoth 0942 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 5): rolled 8, hit Nose (50/65 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER PPC at Visigoth 0942 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 7, hit Left Wing (40/47 armor remaining)!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 20!

Chameleon
- Secondary target already destroyed!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Screamer
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Foot Infantry 3! Target out of range!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Foot Infantry 3! Target out of range!
- Fires ER PPC at Visigoth 0942 (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement - 4 target movement + 1 heavy rain = 2): automatically hit Right Wing (0/47 armor, 2/7 structure remaining)!
- - Plasma arcs to Right Wing (0/7 structure remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 25!

Stag
- Secondary target not in firing arc!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Gunsmith
- Fires Medium X-Pulse Laser at Clan Foot Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 6, hit! 3 troopers killed!
- Fires Medium X-Pulse Laser at Clan Foot Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 8, hit! 3 troopers killed!
- Fires Medium X-Pulse Laser at Clan Foot Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 10, hit! 3 troopers killed!
- Fires Medium X-Pulse Laser at Clan Foot Infantry 3 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 8, hit! 3 troopers killed!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Ostscout
- Primary target too close to engage!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Visigoth 0943 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 2): automatically hit Aft (37/42 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Visigoth 0943 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 2): automatically hit Aft (32/42 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Visigoth 0943 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 0): automatically hit Aft (29/42 armor remaining)!
- Gains 13 heat, sinks 20!

Phoenix Hawk
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0939!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Visigoth 0840 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 0): automatically hit Aft (32/42 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Visigoth 0840 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 2): rolled 7, hit Aft (27/42 armor remaining)!
- Gains 15 heat, sinks 20!

Vixen
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Copperhead Charlie (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy woods + 1 partial cover - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Urbanmech IIC
- Fires Ultra AC/10 (single) at Atlas III (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 7, miss!

Goshawk II 2
- Fires ER Large Laser at Lancelot (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 13): automatic miss!

End Phase
Atlas III
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base - 1 fired Heavy Gauss Rifle while running = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Stag
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 12, arm blown off!
PTN’s note: Vorenus, unless you choose to pass or do something amazing this time out, I’ll be seeing you next mission! Luck that bad this early deserves a reward.

Ostscout
- Through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Jump Jet destroyed!

Physical Combat Phase:
Screamer
- Kicks Vandal 0540 (4 base + 2 movement - 4 target movement - 2 kick = 0): automatically hit Nose (18/29 armor remaining)!

Turn End Phase:
Hurricane Nebuchadnezzar
- No lightning strikes this turn!
- Weather Alert! Hurricane Intensifies on Turn 5!

Player Status:
Demon Hawks

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Objective Status

Heavy Rain – +1 penalty to all weapon attacks and piloting tests, all non-concrete hexes count as mud hexes

Lightning Strikes – Lightning has a chance to strike up to four random hexes each turn, inflicting 4-10 damage to units struck.

Mission Objective:
Primary Objectives
- Raid the Airfield (0/1)
- Don’t be Captured (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (2,050,000 c-bills / 3,100,000 goods)
- - Infantry Units Killed: 1 (50,000 c-bills each)
- - Light `Mechs: 0 (1,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Medium `Mechs: 0 (2,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Heavy ` Mechs: 0 (3,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Assault `Mechs: 0 (4,000,000 c-bills each)
- Grounded Aircraft: 8 (250,000 c-bills each)
- Revenants Unleashed: 15

- Last Mission’s Bounty: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- Total Accumulated Bounty: 20,050,000 c-bills (30,100,000 goods)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 9, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Do Battletech aero/aerospace do airborne refuling?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I specified only firing one of my PPCs in my orders.

"Fire the HGR and one PPC at the Vandal Fighter in hex 0739"

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Infected posted:

I specified only firing one of my PPCs in my orders.

"Fire the HGR and one PPC at the Vandal Fighter in hex 0739"

Oh, you're cooling down? Alrighty, I just assumed you'd be pushing that TSM for as long as possible.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

That's a cute little synchronized advance the Goshawks have going on there. Close range volley fire?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Rofl at pilot of the Vandal, "Sauvage"

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Ouch, bad luck on that TAC. Also, now would be a good time to turn your attention to the /actual/ threats coming your way as opposed to all the parked planes.

Also, Conga Line of Doggies eeee! :allears:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

It'd probably look pretty ugly, but you could add numbers or symbols to some of the Revenent sprites.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Stop shooting the fighters, you're about to be overrun. :supaburn:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Back Hack posted:

Yeah... If you have bad shots, move to get better shots next turn. Starting off wounded against two lances of mechs that are basically pristine is not great. :ohdear:

Edit: Finishing off 4 aerospace fighters this turn isn't bad. You've bloodied the air force certainly.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 5, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Back Hack posted:

Thanks to the rain most players can get shots on 10s-ish this turn, although that's against the Vixen and Urbie. The Atlas can hit the Urbie with all 3 snubbies on 8s which is pretty decent.

But yea the urbie should 100% go down, the peregrine, maaaybe, but goons should definitely be moving up to the big hill to be in place to smash those other lights as they come around on the Salamander.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Salamander wants to get its fat fire support rear end out of there and have like the komodo or something move up there to intercept those lights and the coming jump infantry.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
So, should Champion just stand still and open fire on the urbanmech or the peregrine? Which one would be a better target?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

This is gonna be a hell of a brawl :munch:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Corponation posted:

So, should Champion just stand still and open fire on the urbanmech or the peregrine? Which one would be a better target?

I wouldn't stand still unless you are in partial cover- Then at least you're at +2 to hit, and given the ranges involved, are still pretty safe. You could be agressive and head up to 0335, giving yourself a +3 move mod in addition to +1 partial cover and +1 hurricane. You'll be at 13-14 hex range, so medium for the ERLLs/cLPLs that you and the clanners are packing.

They'd have something like 4base + 2movement +1 hurricane + 3your movement +2 range + 1 partial cover = 13, impossible for most of their shots. The better pilots with G3 would need 12s, and the lead Goshawk with his pulse laser and tarcomp would need 9.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
edit: Ooops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Gwaihir posted:

+1 hurricane.

It might not stay at +1 given the weather alert. PTN, will the to-hit mod will increase with the intensification or does it just mean more lightning strikes?

• Locked thread