Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well mine should be in and ticked off - I'm stabbing the vixen in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Is it possible they are hidden in your inbox like last time? Otherwise yeah they should have had plenty of time and I feel like a contingency system should be out into place where either the next person on the list makes their orders for that turn or they designate someone to make orders for them if they are unable too.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Telsa Cola posted:

Is it possible they are hidden in your inbox like last time?

Nope.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

You assholes had an entire wedding to get your orders in.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Please don't call the players assholes. I find that makes it more likely they'll say "gently caress this" and stop sending anything entirely.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 25, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The audience was the real assholes all along :twisted:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The audience was the real assholes all along :twisted:

No, it's me. I'm the rear end in a top hat.

The year is 3078. After the ravages of the fifth succession war, Archon-Prince Victor Ian Steiner Davion of the Federated Commonwealth has found an uneasy truce with Coordinator Hohiro Kurita and the increasingly isolationist Draconis Combine. With the Capellan Confederation a Commonwealth puppet firmly under the thumb of his friend Kai Allard-Liao, the growing popularity of his wife Isis Marik in the Free Worlds League, and the Commonwealth's defense of Rasalhague's independence during the 5th succession war, the Inner Sphere has entered a renaissance period of education and technological advancement. Without the threat of a major war, the Archon-Prince's coordinated operations have seen most of the major periphery pirates smashed by house troops. The future of famed mercenaries like Colonel Maeve Wolf's Dragoons, Alexander Carlyle's Gray Death Legion, and Phelan Kell's Kell Hounds seems uncertain.

For the first time in three hundred years, there is a strong contender for First Lord of a new Star League, but the question remains: will Primus Mori and her enigmatic ComStar choose to usher humanity into a new golden age, or will they choose an assassin?

Edit: Also, since nothing with TAG was active this turn, the wind gusts die down just long enough for the Salamander (and only the Salamander) to fire without any wind penalties.

Double Edit: Seems like the dice have missed you guys!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 25, 2016

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's not the definition of "missed" we want, but the definition we deserve

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Salamander needs a mech sized poncho it can flip aside since the wind has now died for it alone. It's hiiiiigh noon.

Oh, and we're all assholes here. It's Battletech canon. :smugdog:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
they've been chained for for too long and hunger for the anger of the thread observers.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

Please don't call the players assholes. I find that makes it more likely they'll say "gently caress this" and stop sending anything entirely.

Awww, I meant it with love.

Sorry, assholes, I still think you're all okay.

Unless we're talking about former players, who were the real assholes all along...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Actually, forget what I said before.

I don't think the dice missed anyone after all.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
:magical:

What did the dice do now?!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ahahahahahaha

Apparently suffering any critical chance at all is a death sentence this mission.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 25, 2016

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Jesus someone just got plinked by an infantry squad, calling it.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
Did lightning strike me twice and fatally roast me this time?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Well technically it's not getting captured if you're all dead, right?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Start monitoring your inboxes for any of those...special...last-minute decision PMs.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ahahahahahaha

Apparently suffering any critical chance at all is a death sentence this mission.

:laffo:

these posts are the best

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

This raid's about to go so badly Amaris is going to demand his toys back so he can lavish them on a new favorite. I'm talkin' triple-leadership KIA with the surviving mercs inducted into the labor caste to dig holes all day.

Actually, while we're waiting, can I ask if the labor caste are meant to be slaves or if they're more like regular civilians with things like personal possessions and popular culture?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Actually, while we're waiting, can I ask if the labor caste are meant to be slaves or if they're more like regular civilians with things like personal possessions and popular culture?

They're a mix of both, they're not Warriors so the Clans don't afford them any luxuries, but at the same time their lives aren't completely miserable. They're more like early 1900s Russian peasants. They do what they're told and occasionally some rear end in a top hat with a horse BattleMech shows up and burns their houses tenements down, but that's more a novelty than an every-day thing.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're a mix of both, they're not Warriors so the Clans don't afford them any luxuries, but at the same time their lives aren't completely miserable. They're more like early 1900s Russian peasants. They do what they're told and occasionally some rear end in a top hat with a horse BattleMech shows up and burns their houses tenements down, but that's more a novelty than an every-day thing.

Quality of Life for a 1900's Russian serf is still pretty drat terrible you know.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Boogle posted:

Quality of Life for a 1900's Russian serf is still pretty drat terrible you know.

I do know. But nobody else has it any better, so it's all they know (until Uncle Chandy starts selling them space TVs and Anime for low, low prices).

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I do know. But nobody else has it any better, so it's all they know (until Uncle Chandy starts selling them space TVs and Anime for low, low prices).

And anime ruins another culture. j/k

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Boogle posted:

Nonexistence is an awful state of being, to be sure.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Air Raid: Tactical Update 7

“What’s in those smoke rounds, anyway?” Amazon sounded distracted, her voice breaking the momentary silence as most of her lance focused on maneuvering. “It’s burning hot and it’s burning green. And it’s messing with my thermals!”

“I don’t know the specifics, but Central knew what circumstances we’d be fighting in. Normally it’d be a liquid chemical that burns in air, but I’d bet ten sharks your smoke ammo’s packed full of solid tablets of something that’s hypergolic with water. Probably in water-soluble—wait,” Marshall Romero’s voice was clear and confident even over the crackling pops of her pulse lasers. She paused for only a moment before announcing, “Central reports that the CSR James McKenna is on the move. They’re updating our objectives. Stand by.”

“The hell do they want us to do about a battleship?” Taj quarreled insolently, The driving rain continued to pound against his `Mech’s canopy, and even his HUD’s circlevision strip was awash with water flowing over the machine’s innumerable cameras and sensors. The all-pervading wetness created clouds of rolling steam wherever lasers probed the gaps between war machines, and the `Mechs themselves were hot enough that they were all surrounded by nebulous clouds of heated vapor on thermals, obscuring their outlines. Fighting in the rain wasn’t usually much of a challenge, but fighting in a tropical storm on a high-gravity world was something Taj had never had the misfortune to try before. The raindrops seemed thicker than his thumb and struck so hard he might’ve sworn some poor idiot was attacking him with old-fashioned (and useless) lead bullets.

His shots missed his target wide as the Grasshopper’s DI computer overcompensated or misidentified a hot puff of vapor as part of the Clan machine he’d been attacking. One of the enemy’s Phoenix Hawk analogues collapsed as the Marshall put an autocannon slug through its gyro, but if its companions cared—or even noticed—it didn’t show through their constant maneuvering.

“Primary objectives have been scrubbed,” Romero ignored Taj’s outburst—it was more surprising that she was making the announcement to the whole company. “Orbital satellites estimate it’ll be overhead in six minutes. Central wants us to stick around for at least another minute, with a hefty bonus if we can last two.”

“If Central’s estimates are off, we’re dead,” Scorpion protested. “There’s no way those train tunnels will protect us from an orbital bombardment.”

“We still have permission to leave whenever the situation warrants,” Romero admitted. “And this is still Captain Kalma and Captain Youngblood’s call—but every battle we’ve had so far has been part of an effort to get the Snow Ravens to commit that WarShip to Andurien’s orbit. I don’t know why, but Central says getting that ship in orbit is more important than defeating the Clans’ air and ground forces.”

“And more important than one little mercenary company,” Bethany Cochraine pointed out. In Taj’s experience, the enigmatic former Clanner rarely made her thoughts known. During combat she was all business, the fact that she was sparing any thoughts to the matter was unusual. “It’s not my call, but how much do we trust that the Rimworld “Central Command” won’t hang us out long enough for that ship to get a shot off? Or several shots off? I’ve seen orbital bombardments, and the Ravens are going to be much more tempted by carrion that’s still alive and twitching.”

Movement Phase
Salamander
- Unable to enter hex 1534: needs 7 MP, has 6!
- Unable to enter hex 1633: hex already occupied!
- Movement ends in hex 1733!

Shooting Phase
Lucerne Hawk Hunter
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 42!

Space Marine Infantry 3
- Attacks Screamer (4 base + 4 range + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 15): automatic miss!

Space Marine Infantry 4
- Attacks Copperhead Charlie (4 base + 4 range + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 3, miss!

Atlas III
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Wolverine IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (0/19 armor, 6/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Wolverine IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (14/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 24!

Flashman
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 12): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 34!

Grasshopper
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1432!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 13): automatic miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk II 3 (4 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods = 17): automatic miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk II 3 (4 base + 4 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods = 17): automatic miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 30!

Salamander
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2031!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at David (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 0 wind = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at David (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 0 wind = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at David (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 0 wind = 12): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Dragoon II
- Fires Ultra AC/20 (single) at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods = 12): rolled 12, hit Center Torso (0/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (7/14 structure remaining)! TAC!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 3 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 26! Overheating!

Copperhead Charlie
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Slug) at Goshawk II 2 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 12, hit Right Arm (2/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Goshawk II 2 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, fails to lock-on!
- Fires Streak SRM-6 at Goshawk II 2 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Goshawk II 2 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 wind = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 9 heat, sinks 24!

Lancelot
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1038!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Komodo
- No orders received!
- Charges PPC Capacitor!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 22!

Champion
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2234!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Vixen (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Vixen (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 11, hit Rear Center Torso (0/5 armor, 5/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 20!

Chameleon
- Fires ER Large Laser at Wolverine IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolverine IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolverine IIC (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (8/14 armor remaining)!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 20!

Screamer
- Fires ER PPC at Wolverine IIC (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 9, hit Rear Right Torso (0/5 armor, 7/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Plasma arcs to Right Arm (3/14 armor remaining)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolverine IIC (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolverine IIC (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/14 armor, 4/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 25! Overheating!

Stag
- Fires SRM-4 at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk II 2 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 24!

Gunsmith
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Ostscout
- No orders received!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Phoenix Hawk
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Vixen (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear Right Torso (0/4 armor, 1/7 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Vixen (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 7, hit Rear Center Torso (0/10 structure remaining)! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Vixen (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 11, hit Rear Right Torso (0/7 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Vixen
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2241!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (13/17 armor remaining)! Damage reduced!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Ostscout (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (12/16 armor remaining)! Damage reduced!
- Burst-Fires Machine Gun at Ostscout: rolls 6 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Burst-Fires Machine Gun at Ostscout: rolls 4 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Burst-Fires Machine Gun at Ostscout: rolls 6 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (5/12 armor remaining)!
- Burst-Fires Machine Gun at Ostscout: rolls 5 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 20!

David
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Arm (4/14 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 11 heat, sinks 10!

Peregrine
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Chameleon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (6/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Chameleon (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Chameleon (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Leg (9/16 armor remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Wolverine IIC
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0529!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Chameleon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (2/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Chameleon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Chameleon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 8, 2 missiles hit Left Torso (4/16 armor remaining), Left Arm (4/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Chameleon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 5, fails to lock-on!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 20!

Goshawk II 1
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0627!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Copperhead Charlie (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 10): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Goshawk II 2
- Fires ER Large Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (18/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 11, hit Center Torso (15/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (13/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Micro Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Goshawk II 3
- Fires ER Large Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 6, miss!

Goshawk II 4
- Fires ER Large Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 9): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (34/44 armor remaining)!

Goshawk 5
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (50/60 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (43/60 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (53/60 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24!

Grendel D
- Fires ER PPC at Lancelot (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Unknown `Mech D
- Fires ER Large Laser at Dragoon II (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 44!

Nidhogg C
- Fires ER Large Laser at Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 11, hit Right Torso (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Flashman (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover - 1 targeting computer = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 26 heat, sinks 38!

Copperhead Alpha
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

End Phase
Wolverine IIC
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Streak SRM-2 ammo hit!
- Ammunition explosion deals 196 damage in Left Torso (0/12 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Left Arm blown off! Pilot hit! Pilot hit!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 4, succeeds!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Jump Jet hit!
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Goshawk II 3
- Critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 12, 3 critical hits sustained!
- - Gyro hit!
- - Engine hit!
- - Gyro destroyed! `Mech destroyed!

Ostscout
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Chameleon
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 6, succeeds!

Atlas III
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base - 1 moved and fired HGR = 4): rolled 6, succeeds!

Stag
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 2, fails! (Vorenus, I swear you are the game’s bad luck sink)
- - Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (4 base + 1 massive damage + 2 avoiding pilot damage = 7): rolled 4, fails! (Yup)
- Suffers 5 damage in the fall to Left Torso (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!

Grasshopper
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage + 1 hardened armor = 6): rolled 8, succeeds!

Physical Combat Phase:
Chameleon
- Kicks Wolverine IIC (4 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 8): rolled 7, miss!

End Phase:
Chameleon
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 missed kick = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Turn End Phase:
Turn End Phase:
Hurricane Nebuchadnezzar
- 3 lightning strikes this turn!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
David
- Activates MASC! Must pass a 6+ roll to avoid damage: rolled 4, fails!
- Critical chance in Right Front Leg: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Front Leg: rolled 12, leg blown off!
- Critical chance in Right Rear Leg: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Hip actuator damaged!
- Critical chance in Left Rear Leg: rolled 12, leg blown off! `Mech destroyed!

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Objective Status

Heavy Rain – +1 penalty to all weapon attacks and piloting tests, all non-concrete hexes count as mud hexes

Lightning Strikes – Lightning has a chance to strike up to four random hexes each turn, inflicting 4-10 damage to units struck.

Wind Vortices – +1 penalty to-hit with missile weapons. Streak missiles and semi-guided LRM attacks against Tagged targets ignore this penalty. +2 penalty to all Aerospace Fighter control rolls.

Mission Objective:
Primary Objectives
- Endure for at least 1 minute (6 turns remaining)
- - Endure for at least 2 minutes (12 turns remaining) (optional)
- Raid the Airfield
- Don’t be Captured

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (7,050,000 c-bills / 10,575,000 goods)
- - Infantry Units Killed: 1 (50,000 c-bills each)
- - Light `Mechs: 3 (1,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Medium `Mechs: 1 (2,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Heavy ` Mechs: 0 (3,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Assault `Mechs: 0 (4,000,000 c-bills each)
- Grounded Aircraft: 8 (250,000 c-bills each)
- Revenants Unleashed: 24

- Last Mission’s Bounty: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- Total Accumulated Bounty: 25,050,000 c-bills (37,575,000 goods)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 25, 2016

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Orders on time here on out, I sent them super late but not nearly in time to get anything done! Sorry everyone. Also for anyone who wants tagging, I advise updating the gdoc for me, makes it a lot easier for me to refer to when I sit down to submit orders.

Oooh, new objective.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Please rename the David to Lil' Brudder. Thanks.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Roofl Vorenus, good god man.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
David
- Activates MASC! Must pass a 6+ roll to avoid damage: rolled 4, fails!
- Critical chance in Right Front Leg: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Front Leg: rolled 12, leg blown off!
- Critical chance in Right Rear Leg: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Hip actuator damaged!
- Critical chance in Left Rear Leg: rolled 12, leg blown off! `Mech destroyed!
Ahaha, he blew off his left leg TWICE!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

sheep-dodger posted:

Ahaha, he blew off his left leg TWICE!

Oh no, even better; he's a quad mech who blew both legs off one side of his mech with a pair of 12 rolls on crits, which is a neat trick. Man, he is gonna get SO much poo poo from his clanmates if he survives.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There's no way there isn't some nasty poo poo waiting for that Warship the second it gets into range.

Either that or you're providing a few minutes to insert marines and attempt to jack it.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 25, 2016

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Night10194 posted:

There's no way there isn't some nasty poo poo waiting for that Warship the second it gets into range.
Prepare to be boarded!

PTN, where did the Gunsmith go?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Aren't the Michigan guys trained for orbital insertions and boarding actions? Like, specifically?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
How is that Wolverine still alive?

DIE!

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

David just spontaneously popping off two legs is the funniest loving thing.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ardlen posted:

PTN, where did the Gunsmith go?

I accidentally turned its layer off. It's fixed in the Turn 7 map.

Loxbourne posted:

How is that Wolverine still alive?

DIE!

It's a really good Zombie barely worse at being annoyingly hard to put down than the Stooping Hawk.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 25, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Operation Prepare Your Anus is now in effect.

Because here it comes.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Operation Prepare Your Anus is now in effect.

Because here it comes.

Came in expecting a destroyer, got the biggest dongship in the fleet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also, the survival objective is crossed out so Central expects you to die. Might as well swing for the fences.

"All I need is a body that can sustain verticality for three rounds. Can your boy do that, Moe?"

• Locked thread