Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.

PoptartsNinja posted:

There're gaps. A +1 cover bonus isn't that hard to overcome.

Ah, well, suppose it's too late then. I was thinking that if the vision went through multiple hexes of smoke it would be blocked entirely, not taking the gaps into account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Vorenus posted:

I'm guessing the Screamer jumped right into that funnel.

Nope. I jumped into the woods.

...there's not some nasty rule that says landing in woods gives cockpit or pilot hits, is there?

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
No, you'll be fine unless there's something nasty like landmines or battle armor in there.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Corponation posted:

Ah, well, suppose it's too late then. I was thinking that if the vision went through multiple hexes of smoke it would be blocked entirely, not taking the gaps into account.

3 hexes of smoke consecutive or not will block LoS, there's just not total 3 hex cover between the southern star and Gooncompany.

Loxbourne posted:

Nope. I jumped into the woods.

...there's not some nasty rule that says landing in woods gives cockpit or pilot hits, is there?

Nah, there is an option rule for PSR when jumping in to woods, but I don't think we use it. PTN did mention that the smoke is horrible incendiaries and that entering it with open armor is a BAD IDEA

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.

Gwaihir posted:

3 hexes of smoke consecutive or not will block LoS

And here I thought it did. I didn't want to go north and get knocked over by a tornado.

It was nice knowing you, hahahaha

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Poptarts;

The next time you go around to updating the second post, would you mind adding in context for the Achievements for those who were not around for them? I know what Two Keys and Double Double are, but not the other ones. Thanks!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gwaihir posted:

3 hexes of smoke consecutive or not will block LoS, there's just not total 3 hex cover between the southern star and Gooncompany.

Nah, there is an option rule for PSR when jumping in to woods, but I don't think we use it. PTN did mention that the smoke is horrible incendiaries and that entering it with open armor is a BAD IDEA

Anyone advancing into the smoke that's the only thing separating the murder-star from the beleaguered players is already engaged in a BAD IDEA.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They ran to give a hug to a boom dog.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

berryjon posted:

Poptarts;

The next time you go around to updating the second post, would you mind adding in context for the Achievements for those who were not around for them? I know what Two Keys and Double Double are, but not the other ones. Thanks!

"This is how we say hello": I was the first player to eat a cERPPC headshot.

I did notice one other thing when checking those posts: We gave the Vapour Eagle the "Phoenix Hawk IIC" IS reporting name, which makes the appearance of a canon Pixie IIC here rather amusing.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I don't think my achievement ever made it to the list but if you ever want to know why PTN doesn't like to give himself Arrow IVs then hit me up.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
Really, giving the dadlas the double double achievement was premature. Should have held off for Star Destroyer.

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.

Dolash posted:

Anyone advancing into the smoke that's the only thing separating the murder-star from the beleaguered players is already engaged in a BAD IDEA.

Well I know that now. Too little, too late.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Well, the good news is that this might make it more likely for the Dogs to connect.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Man, I can never wrap my head around the rules, but seeing the tension around every update really makes me wanna join. Then I remember I have another game group I have to commit to. Maybe I can find a Battletech PbTA to throw at them...

Anyway, this thread is pure magic and it makes even a bad day happy :allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I still trips me up that we've been doing this for 5 years. That's got to be some kind of let's play record.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Keru posted:

I still trips me up that we've been doing this for 5 years. That's got to be some kind of let's play record.

Poor dedicated, insane Smasher Dynamo has been doing the Baseball Mogul Super League for five years, as well, but PTN has it beat by a few months. He updates every other day, though, because, again, dedicated and insane.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

The longer the update gets the more terrified I become.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

raverrn posted:

The longer the update gets the more terrified I become.

ROCKS SPACESHIPS FALL

EVERYONE DIES

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The longer it takes to appear, the harder PTN is working to come up with an in-universe justification for whatever the players just did.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RedMagus posted:

Man, I can never wrap my head around the rules, but seeing the tension around every update really makes me wanna join. Then I remember I have another game group I have to commit to. Maybe I can find a Battletech PbTA to throw at them...

you should sign up, i don't know dick about robots but everyone's very nice about it

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Air Raid: Tactical Update 11

Ronin panted, stinging sweat beading on his brow and dripping into his eyes. The neurohelmet’s absorbent foam liner was old and badly worn, offering little protection in places. Once they got back “under the mountain” Ronin resigned himself to using some of his pay to buy a replacement off the Rim Worlders. He wasn’t even pushing his `Mech especially hard, but with all the water in the air the humidity in his cockpit had spiked so high and so fast that wispy clouds of condensing mists were rising from the coolant pump. Someone had shot a little hole clear through his armor, letting water drip directly onto the fusion engine’s cooling jacket. Either that, or one of the Rim World techs had missed a bit of damaged armor in their haste to refit the Komodo to something approaching RWA specs.

“The problem at the exit’s worse than I thought,” Ronin grumbled as the infantry below him scrambled. They were swift enough that one had evaded him while he’d still been moving, and another had simply moved closer, letting the upper lip of the tunnel block his shot. He couldn’t lean over far enough to attack them although their own counter-fire seemed little more than a haphazard attempt to keep him honest. No, the real trouble was the third group of infantry apparently following just behind the two that had already positioned themselves to make the Demon Hawks’ withdrawal a living hell.

“We’ve got more infantry inbound, both from the city and behind the mountain. I’ll be completely overrun if I try to stay put. ETA on some help?”

“We’re a little busy,” was Bethany’s immediate reply. Her Copperhead reeled as something hidden by the billowing pillars of chemical smoke shot her in the back with a PPC. Ronin watched as she twisted, leveling her arm at the Lucerne and opened fire with her lasers in a vain attempt to keep it off her back.

“Marshal,” Duncan cut in, his `Mech’s massive frame little more than a ghostly, crimson figure in a cloud of pure white steam, “what are our odds if we cut and run overland?”

“Not good,” the Marshal replied immediately. She was still the unit’s inside line to Central command, privy to information that even Duncan and Jason might not have been allowed to access. “Visual and thermal sats are useless due to the storm, but something’s setting off tectonic sensors right and left. Central’s not sure what to make of it but if you want my opinion it isn’t the storm. The Clans seem to favor groups of five so I’d estimate somewhere between ten and fifteen more `Mechs inbound, fast and angry. No idea on the ETA, but it’s probably less than a minute. If we try to go overland they’ll run us down before we can clear five kilometers. We need to get into the tunnels because even the Clans can’t possibly cover all of the exits.”

“Clearing the exit’s now our top priority.”

“It’s not going to be easy,” Ronin sighed as one of the enemy’s Phoenix Hawk analogs touched down a few dozen meters away, the shattered bulk of its pulse laser sparking in the rain as its capacitors discharged. Its head turned—a rare thin in a BattleMech, and the enemy pilot stared at him for a long moment before turning back to bigger threats. “I think someone on the other side’s got us figured out.”

Movement Phase
Gunsmith
- Activates MASC: Must pass a 3+ test to avoid leg damage: rolled 8, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test to run (4 base + 3 actuator damage = 7): rolled 7, succeeds!

Chameleon
- Must pass a piloting test (4 base + 2 actuator damage = 6): rolled 6, succeeds!

Champion
- Attempts to face hex 2237, but has insufficient MP: needs 9, has 8!

Shooting Phase
Lucerne Hawk Hunter (ACE!)
- Fires ER Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (0/18 armor, 8/11 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER Large Pulse Laser at Phoenix Hawk (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 5): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (3/13 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (39/60 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 secondary target - 2 pulse laser - 1 targeting computer = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 40 heat, sinks 42!

Space Marine Infantry 4 (ACE!)
- Holds fire!

Heavy Jump Infantry 1 (ACE!)
- Holds fire!

Heavy Jump Infantry 2 (ACE!)
- Holds fire!

Heavy Jump Infantry 4 (ACE!)
- Attacks Phoenix Hawk (3 base + 0 range + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 5): rolled 5, 12 troopers deal 14 damage to Center Torso (12/22 armor remaining), Left Leg (3/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (10/18 armor remaining)!

Atlas III (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1533!
- Fires Heavy Gauss Rifle at Lucerne (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Lucerne (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Snub-Nose PPC at Lucerne (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24! Overheating!

Flashman (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1534!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large R-e Laser at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 R-e pulse laser = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 34!

Grasshopper (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (4 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 30!

Ostscout (Player)
- Fires TAG at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Leg (13/25 armor remaining)!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Salamander (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1535!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 (High Explosive) at Grendel Epsilon (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 20!

Dragoon II (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1837!
- Fires Ultra AC/20 (single) at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (23/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 4 (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 26!

Copperhead Gamma (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1635!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (23/30 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Slug) at Lucerne Hawk Hunter: Target not in arc!
- Fires LRM-20 w/Artemis IV at Lucerne Hawk Hunter: Target not in arc!
- Gains 16 heat, sinks 24!

Lancelot (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2034!
- Fires Plasma Rifle at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (8/18 armor remaining)! Goshawk 5 gains 1 heat!
- Fires Large Laser at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 32!

Komodo (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- No Line of Sight to secondary target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Champion (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2237!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (0/18 armor, 7/9 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 18 heat, sinks 20!

Chameleon (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 9, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Screamer (Player)
- Fires Republic PPC at Lucerne Hawk Hunter (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 6, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 25!

Stag (Player)
- Fires SRM-4 at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires SRM-4 at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 10, 2 missiles hit Left Arm (6/18 armor remaining), Right Torso (19/21 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 24!

Gunsmith (Player)
- Unable to identify target (Sorry, I just couldn’t figure out what you were shooting at. Hex 1384 isn’t even on the map, and there’re no enemies it all in column 13).
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Phoenix Hawk (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Goshawk 5 (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 6, miss!

Goshawk II 1
- Fires ER Large Laser at Revenant (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer = 10): rolled 4, miss!

Goshawk 5
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Stag (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 12, hit Left Torso (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 24!

Grendel Epsilon
- Fires ER PPC at Lancelot (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (6/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 20!

Wolverine IIC 2
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Screamer (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 12): rolled 8, miss!

Great Wyrm 1
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Single) at Ostscout (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 14): automatic miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Single) at Ostscout (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 14): automatic miss!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 20!

Hellfire
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 34!

Stalking Spider
- Fires ER PPC at Grasshopper (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 13): automatic miss!
- Gains 17 heat, sinks 22!

Great Wyrm 2
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Single) at Ostscout (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 13): automatic miss!
- Fires Ultra AC/2 (Single) at Ostscout (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 13): automatic miss!
- Gains 6 heat, sinks 20!

Phoenix Hawk IIC 2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0539!
- Fires LRM-20 at Salamander (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Salamander (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires LRM-20 at Salamander (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 11, 16 missiles hit Center Torso (37/42 armor remaining), Left Leg (29/34 armor remaining), Right Arm (8/26 armor remaining), Center Torso (36/42 armor remaining)!

Blood Kite
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 42!

Hellstar
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER PPC at Copperhead Gamma (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 smoke + 1 heavy rain + 1 partial cover = 9): rolled 11, hit Rear Left Torso (0/7 armor, 6/14 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 62 heat, sinks 60!

Black Python 2
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Revenant Evader (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 VSS - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Revenant Evader (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 VSS - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 28!

Albatross C
- Fires LRM-15 at Atlas III (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Atlas III (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Slug) at Atlas III (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 12): rolled 11, miss!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 28!

Revenant Patroller 1
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Goshawk II 1 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 smoke = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Goshawk II 1 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 smoke = 11): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 1 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Goshawk II 1 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 smoke - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Revenant Evader 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Revenant Emergency First Responder 1
- Holds fire!

End Phase
Goshawk 5
- Critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Large Pulse Laser hit!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Atlas III
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base - 1 moved while firing Heavy Gauss = 4): rolled 7, succeeds!

Phoenix Hawk
- Critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 4, no critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 7, no critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 11, succeeds!

Copperhead Gamma
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - XL Engine hit, +5 heat/turn!

Physical Combat Phase:
Phoenix Hawk
- Kicks Goshawk 5 (4 base + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 kick = 8): rolled 9, hit Head (0/9 armor, 2/3 structure remaining)! Pilot hit! Crit!

End Phase:
Goshawk 5
- Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 0 kicked = 4): rolled 11, succeeds!
- Critical chance in Head: rolled 6, no critical hits sustained!

Turn End Phase:
Hurricane Nebuchadnezzar
- No lightning strikes this turn!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Goshawk 5
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 2 rain devil = 6): rolled 10, succeeds!

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Objective Status

Heavy Rain – +1 penalty to all weapon attacks and piloting tests, all non-concrete hexes count as mud hexes

Lightning Strikes – Lightning has a chance to strike up to four random hexes each turn, inflicting 4-10 damage to units struck.

Rain Devils – Micro-tornadoes disperse and destroy infantry. Contact may knock over BattleMechs, all weapons fire drawn through a Rain Devil automatically misses the target. BattleMechs may expend all of their MP for a turn to brace, providing a -2 bonus to piloting tests to avoid being knocked over.

Mission Objective:
Primary Objectives
- Endure for at least 1 minute (2 turns remaining)
- - Endure for at least 2 minutes (8 turns remaining) (optional)
- Raid the Airfield
- Don’t be Captured

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (20,050,000 c-bills / 30,075,000 goods)
- - Infantry Units Killed: 1 (50,000 c-bills each)
- - Light `Mechs: 4 (1,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Medium `Mechs: 4 (2,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Heavy ` Mechs: 2 (3,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Assault `Mechs: 0 (4,000,000 c-bills each)
- Grounded Aircraft: 8 (250,000 c-bills each)
- Revenants Unleashed: 24

- Last Mission’s Bounty: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- Total Accumulated Bounty: 38,050,000 c-bills (57,075,000 goods)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 9, 2016

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

RedMagus posted:

If you have a sense for how rules and boardgames/wargames work, you can learn to drive a mech in a day.

Knowing how to drive won't stop you from running into your friends, though.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

That's a lot of very angry robots coming for you, players. Stay safe mech ghost! :ohdear:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Komodo (Player)
- No Line of Sight to primary target!
- No Line of Sight to secondary target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

:sigh:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I have no idea how you deal with a pit full of ACE infantry without someone getting loving owned.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goddammit if I'd stayed put I'd have pasted the Lucerne with those rolls. Or at least scratched its armour significantly.

What is our priority target, apart from everything?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh god, that infantry situation is even more of a clusterfuck than it seemed and neither the Komodo nor the Lancelot did anything to mitigate it last turn. Forget everything else, that's what's going to kill you now. You're all still miles from the escape hatch, which is now getting fortified by the surviving Goshawks to run interference, the murder star has closed through the smoke and Revenants and you've got maybe another turn before the medium star starts in on you too.

You're still getting absurdly lucky in that nobody is dead or knocked over despite taking all kinds of risks but your position looks awful. If anyone's not running straight for the exit and focusing on wiping out the infantry and Goshawks trying to tarpit it they're asking to be left behind.

Edit: I don't think standing to shoot the Lucerne would've been worth it considering the Grasshopper is still much further away from the escape hatch than it needs to be. You might have a lot of your armor left but that won't help if you fall behind too much.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 9, 2016

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
loving run. Oh God the infantry. :supaburn:

What next? We're going to need some Xs and Os and funny marker on whiteboard arrows.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Oh god, that infantry situation is even more of a clusterfuck than it seemed and neither the Komodo nor the Lancelot did anything to mitigate it last turn.

One of them alone can't mitigate the infantry because they'll either evade their attacker by moving somewhere they can't be attacked or swarm their attacker and very possibly kill it.

The Komodo's in real danger this turn if it tries to stay put, but if it doesn't the infantry in the hole will just move back to a spot where someone'll have to eat a swarm attack to run them out into the open.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 9, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Looks like the turns remaining counter's gone up to 4 instead of down to 2.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

PoptartsNinja posted:

One of them alone can't mitigate the infantry because they'll either evade their attacker by moving somewhere they can't be attacked or swarm their attacker and very possibly kill it.

Surely there's some kind of order the Komodo could've had that would've let it fire at the infantry directly in front of it this turn though, right? I don't know what the infantry's retreat-blocking potential is precisely, but there has to be some kind of "blast anything off of Escape Hex #### so someone can move onto it and retreat".

If those jump infantry have the power to completely gum up that escape tunnel even for a few extra turns you're all as good as dead.

Edit: I see there's a significant elevation difference between the Komodo's position and the infantry, so maybe it can't shoot down at them?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Edit: I see there's a significant elevation difference between the Komodo's position and the infantry, so maybe it can't shoot down at them?

This is exactly it. They can't see each other.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man, LOS strikes again.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Order the clanner down there to get swarmed as a sacrificial lamb then everyone else hustle past while infantry take apart the Phoenix Hawk (sorry Jason). If the Clans take them alive any intel they could relate is Amaris's problem, not yours.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Artificer posted:

loving run. Oh God the infantry. :supaburn:

What next? We're going to need some Xs and Os and funny marker on whiteboard arrows.

I can't write like Madden, but I know he'd circle the jump infantry on the map and then draw a line down the east side of the map towards the players in a way that looks like a dick.

Kinda like this:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

How can the players hope to defeat such a strategic genius?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My devious plan of losing horribly in every near-even engagement is starting to pay off!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

My devious plan of losing horribly in every near-even engagement is starting to pay off!

Well, you weren't using dongs before, were you? I think you've finally landed on the perfect strategy!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dicks and balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PTN, when do the Rain Devils make you do a check? The Goshawk 5, Phoenix Hawk, and Ostscout were/are all in it.

• Locked thread